"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

As someone who wants Lyn (As his ideal sword unit) and has come into the possession of Athena, I find they fill similar roles, but I've also noticed that Athena is lower than Lyn on the no SI list and higher on the SI tier list by quite a bit.

What makes Athena better than Lyn with SI, and what makes no SI Lyn superior to Athena who is both stronger and faster? actually what makes her just outside of S tier as well? And while we're at it, why is Lloyd that high?

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Zeo said:

And while we're at it, why is Lloyd that high?

Regal Blade is why. +2 Atk and Spd against enemies who are at full HP on top of his already impressive stats is a wonderful sight.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

As someone who wants Lyn (As his ideal sword unit) and has come into the possession of Athena, I find they fill similar roles, but I've also noticed that Athena is lower than Lyn on the no SI list and higher on the SI tier list by quite a bit.

What makes Athena better than Lyn with SI, and what makes no SI Lyn superior to Athena who is both stronger and faster? actually what makes her just outside of S tier as well? And while we're at it, why is Lloyd that high?

They mention that placement inside a tier is completely random in the SI list, so it's not like Athena is at the top of the A+ tier or anything. I'm not entirely sure why Athena is placed below Lyn in the no SI list, but the reason she's higher on the SI list is because of their stats. Athena has higher attack, speed and defence, while Lyn has higher res and slightly more hp. In particular, Lyn has pretty low attack, which makes her ability to double less scary.

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBirb said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

Hide contents

> My Calvary team is indeed my priority, but what's preventing me from completing each of their sets is a lack of fodder. I mucked up and used my last Jagen on Xander to give Fortify Calvary, without realizing he's better with Hone. I fixed that, but until I get another Jagen, Cecilia is out of a C Skill. Which is fine, I guess, since Xander and Camus have their Hone Calvaries, and they can live without Fortify boosts until I pull another Jagen. I'm also not entirely sure what Cecilia's skills should be, so I've been holding off on SI until I get around to asking. I guess now would be a good time, though. What skills should she have?

(for reference, my Cecilia has Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Dragon Gaze with Fang unlearned (planning on giving Aura but I was thinking Fang could be viable with Quickened Pulse), and BoL (which is from a 4 Star Cecilia I merged into her, back from when SI was new XP))

> I've been trying to decide how to build my Celica for the past couple days, I've just been once again unsure of what to give her. Thanks for the advice!

> I only considered Setsuna because I had a +Spd one sitting around and I had seen people talking about her quad build. But with how expensive it is, and since others outclass her with it, I don't have much reason to invest in her, especially since I haven't even played Fates. As for non-red mages, my best has been my TAdept Swordbreaker Blarraven m!Robin. I haven't promoted him though, even though I love Robin, because he's not his best nature. Even though he isn't, he still kills most Sword units without a problem and I usually bring him on offense

> That's a fair point, but I want to promote them eventually just to have them all promoted

> While it's not exactly an optimal build, I have invested a bit in Sharena. Other than her default skills, she has Glimmer (I know it's bad, I gave it to her when SI was new, I've been meaning to replace it) and Vantage 3. I tried my hardest to get another Hector during the Hero Fest so that she could have DC, but I just wasn't lucky enough. I'll probably give her Fury and Luna/Moonbow eventually. 

Marth I just need to note every skill she needs and round up all the fodder. Female Robin has been looking veeeery enticing with a Gronnblade set but since it'll be so expensive, I'll hold off for now in favor of my horses. I don't see a need to make her a colorless check since I already have Male Robin doing just that, and while I know Nino is optimal for Infantry Gronnblade, I just like Robin more

> I didn't list a dancer, only because my only dancer is a 3 Star Olivia that's only Lv. 20. I haven't trained her but I've definitely used her for dancing, she's been the one reason I've managed to complete a lot of GHBs (Infernal Legion especially, it would've been impossible without her). I've held off from training her because her nature isn't great and I can avoid having to spend feathers on her if she could just show up in a summon as a 4 Star >:(

Again, thanks for the feedback, it helps a lot!

Also, I'm never gonna even dream of trying to get my 5 Stars to +10 and challenge the whales in arena. I'm almost entirely F2P, I can't optimize that well

For all my glass cannon mages, whether cavalry or infantry, I give them Blades (if they do not have their own legendary weapons), Moonbow, L&D3, and meleebreaker of their own color (e.g.: Red mages use S.breaker) or Desp. Other Specials is fine with QP, but I personally prefer Moonbow because I know that it will activate at least once per match, whereas I am not sure if other Specials will activate due to the long cool down.

For your cavalry mages, ideally they should also include H./F. Cav. in their C slot so your melee cavalry can do some butt kicking too. If you do not have enough Jagens and Gunters, Savage Blow or Threaten Res can also work. You can also give them normal Hones and Fortifies, so when Jagen and Gunter sacrifices pop up again, they can quickly learn their cavalry buffs.

M!Robin are F!Robin not the best units to wield Blades, so I would not prioritize them too much. Merric, Henry, Sophia, and similar mages are outperformed by other mages using Blade tomes who have better Attack, Speed, or both. You can still give these mages Blades, but there are better candidates out there.

Sharena will be fine once she gets better skills. I personally favor L&D over Fury, but if you have a lot more Hinatas lying around instead of Hanas, you might as well get rid of him first.

Masked Marth's default Lucina build can wait since she wants L&D3, S.breaker, and Desp. just like all your other glass cannons. You can give her Lucina's medic kit with Renewal and Reciprocal Aid since not a lot of other units want those skills.

I would still train your 3* Olivia up to level 40. If she is neutral, her stats are fine to kill Hector at 4*. I am not sure about killing Hector at 3* though, but I think it should still work.

I have recently realised that, since I have Quickened Pulse, I should really consider promoting Nino to 5* now. When exactly should I be doing this- she's a cornerstone of my offensive Arena team, and also pulls her weight elsewhere.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I have recently realised that, since I have Quickened Pulse, I should really consider promoting Nino to 5* now. When exactly should I be doing this- she's a cornerstone of my offensive Arena team, and also pulls her weight elsewhere.

If you are not doing the Tempest Trials anymore, I would promote her immediately if she is your core unit. There is no reason to wait unless you need feathers elsewhere. If you are doing the event for orbs, it depends on what your goal is, and once you reached your goal, then promote Nino right after.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are not doing the Tempest Trials anymore, I would promote her immediately if she is your core unit. There is no reason to wait unless you need feathers elsewhere. If you are doing the event for orbs, it depends on what your goal is, and once you reached your goal, then promote Nino right after.

The thing is, I also have to have her doing Arena... and grinding her up back to 40 is not an instantaneous task.

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The thing is, I also have to have her doing Arena... and grinding her up back to 40 is not an instantaneous task.

Have you finished this weeks Arena run yet? If not, maybe you can promote her after you are done with next week's arena. I usually finish the Arena in about three days, or less if I use my items.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

It is with crystals.

If she's fully trained then there isn't much reason to not rush her through levels.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Just do your Arena run for the week, then promote her.

Edited by MrSmokestack

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You could wait until you're in a tier where you know you'll drop/go up without putting in to much effort, get a good enough arena run and promote her. This would give you a few days to get her to lvl 40 again until the next season starts.

Especially when you now you'll drop, you only need to score above 4k points, which doesn't even require a deathless run.

Just now, XRay said:

Have you finished this weeks Arena run yet? If not, maybe you can promote her after you are done with next week's arena. I usually finish the Arena in about three days, or less if I use my items.

...I have finished this week, but yeah, it's a little late before next week starts.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

It is with crystals.

If she's fully trained then there isn't much reason to not rush her through levels.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Just do your Arena run for the week, then promote her.

...I really should be maybe using those things, yeah. Not like I'll ever use them again.

Spoilers for Fates Revelations

Spoiler

Will Anthony be able to trick Sharena into falling into his trap?  I got annoyed a bit by the "you're naive and almost got us killed, but that's a good thing" thing.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Spoilers for Fates Revelations

Hide contents

Will Anthony be able to trick Sharena into falling into his trap?  I got annoyed a bit by the "you're naive and almost got us killed, but that's a good thing" thing.

Spoiler

This will be their atonement... or their error.

20 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What's the point of having a Summon Simulator?

Some people get a rush from the act of summoning and seeing what you get but don't want to spend actual hard-earned orbs for it (or simply don't have enough orbs to satisfy their urges). 

Some people just want to test their luck for the hell of it. 

Some people use it to discourage themselves when they feel an uncontrollable urge to pull. Either the act of using the simulator quells that urge, or using the simulator and getting a bunch of trash pulls makes the person realize how low the chances of getting the unit they want actually is, which discourages them from using their orbs.

Some people use it as a means of fortune telling ("if I get a 5* within X pulls I'll have good luck for the day").

Some people who believe if they "get all of the bad luck out" on the summon simulator then they'll be luckier on their real pulls. 

Some people just don't have anything better to do with their lives.

There are a wide variety of reasons people may want to use a summon simulator. I'm sure I've missed some, but here are most of the ones I've heard of. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Alright, so there's a whole meta behind it. I love it.

I got a 2nd Sanaki.

On the Sim, I mean. Also, Felicia. I really want Felicia, for some reason.

Edited by Soul~!

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

Does Triangle Adept stack with the Ruby/ Sapphire weapons?

Nope. 

The weapon triangle advantage modifier will never go above 1.4 (and the WTD modifier will never be below 0.6)

Because of that, T-Adept/gem weapons also don't stack with other weapons. If you have a Ruby Sword, and the enemy has an Emerald Axe, you don't do any more damage than you would if they had a normal axe. 

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Nope. 

The weapon triangle advantage modifier will never go above 1.4 (and the WTD modifier will never be below 0.6)

Because of that, T-Adept/gem weapons also don't stack with other weapons. If you have a Ruby Sword, and the enemy has an Emerald Axe, you don't do any more damage than you would if they had a normal axe. 

@Jave More accurately, I believe weapon triangle advantage modifiers are not additive with each other at all and only the largest modifier applies.

I haven't tested, but I'm led to believe that two units both with Triangle Adept 1 facing each other will only have a total modifier of ±30% (20% base weapon triangle modifier plus 10% from Triangle Adept 1) and not ±40% (20% base weapon triangle modifier plus 2×10% from both units' Triangle Adept 1).

I will test that shortly.

EDIT: @MaskedAmpharos

Nowi with 52 Atk and Triangle Adept 1 against Roy with 4 Res and Triangle Adept 1 (and Iron Sword, so no Res bonus from Binding Blade) deals 63 damage.

(52 × 1.3) − 4 = (67) − 4 = 63
(52 × 1.35) − 4 = (70) − 4 = 66
(52 × 1.4) − 4 = (72) − 4 = 68

Which means Triangle Adept effects simply do not stack at all and only use the highest value present.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Jave More accurately, I believe weapon triangle advantage modifiers are not additive with each other at all and only the largest modifier applies.

I haven't tested, but I'm led to believe that two units both with Triangle Adept 1 facing each other will only have a total modifier of ±30% (20% base weapon triangle modifier plus 10% from Triangle Adept 1) and not ±40% (20% base weapon triangle modifier plus 2×10% from both units' Triangle Adept 1).

I will test that shortly.

EDIT: @MaskedAmpharos

Nowi with 52 Atk and Triangle Adept 1 against Roy with 4 Res and Triangle Adept 1 (and Iron Sword, so no Res bonus from Binding Blade) deals 63 damage.

(52 × 1.3) − 4 = (67) − 4 = 63
(52 × 1.35) − 4 = (70) − 4 = 66
(52 × 1.4) − 4 = (72) − 4 = 68

Which means Triangle Adept effects simply do not stack at all and only use the highest value present.

In a nutshell, if you have Triangle adept then Ruby Sword+ is a waste and vice versa. If that's the case why does everyone try to give Olivia Ruby Sword+? I can't imagine that's easier to acquire then a *4 Roy.

Edited by Zeo

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If that's the case why does everyone try to give Olivia Ruby Sword+? I can't imagine that's easier to acquire then a *4 Roy.

So you can run Fury or another A skill instead. Triangle Adept inherently isn't very good when you have access to a gem weapon.

Edited by MrSmokestack

33 minutes ago, Zeo said:

In a nutshell, if you have Triangle adept then Ruby Sword+ is a waste and vice versa. If that's the case why does everyone try to give Olivia Ruby Sword+? I can't imagine that's easier to acquire then a *4 Roy.

Because it leaves her A-slot open. 

Ruby Sword + Fury > Silver Sword + Triangle Adept

Just now, Soul~! said:

How many times a month do they give out free Orbs?

It depends on the event they're running.

There's orbs being handed out as compensation for the glitched defensive tiles in Legion's GHB as well as the login bonus for the duration of the Tempest Trials.

There's no telling when or how many times they'll be giving out more orbs otherwise, for this month at least.