"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

How do I get the Orbs for the glitchy defensive tiles and what is this about the new login bonus.

They haven't released the compensation orbs yet and the login bonus are orbs being given during a certain period of time. In this case, 2 orbs were being handed out every day for the duration of the Tempest Trials.

What's a good build for Takumi that isn't Brave Bow+/Desperation/LnD3?

B!Cordelia is filling that role and I don't want Takumi to be useless. Maybe CC + Vantage?

Edited by Zeo

Hello guys!

I would need some help,..

I already have an account with Hector, Azura and so on... But I took a break of 1-2 months...

Now I´m back again and want to play, but I even don´t know how to continue, that´s why I think about starting new...

What unit should I search for beginning? I can start over 1000 times new, it doesn´t annoy me...

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

What's a good build for Takumi that isn't Brave Bow+/Desperation/LnD3?

B!Cordelia is filling that role and I don't want Takumi to be useless. Maybe CC + Vantage?

The CC + Vantage set is better done by -blade tomers, sadly, because tome mages can more than make up for ranged unit's low stats (and the lost of an a-slot worth of stats) via -blade tome +Atk from buffs. (All tomer users can do this, but you'll probably want a reasonably tanky mage like Reinhardt, Odin, Merric or the like, to guarantee that they survive to go down to Vantage range. Reinhardt, Leo, and S!Camilla have the best spreads for this, having very good bulk across the board (and Hone buffs their speed to good defensive speed tiers). Infantry also work, but are harder to buff than the cavalry and flier mages, lacking access to Hone.)

He can fufill a fast, bulky Fury 3 build very well, the idea being he shoots you full of arrows on EP, while being fast and bulky enough to tank most physical damage on player phase. Gordin's spread is a bit better for that build, though, since he's infantry level bulky versus physical hits (43/32 is better than Selena) at the cost of being slow as molasses (which is why you keep brave-bow on Gordin, he's getting doubled by everything anyway).

That's basically the problem with Takumi in a nut-shell, he still has the best spread for Close-counter out of all the archers (very good physical bulk, very good offenses to ensure that he's a threat on both phases), but all of his sets are better done by more min-maxed units: CC Vantage by -blade users, L&D offense by B!Cordelia, bulky physical by Gordin, etc. He's still perfectly usable: his CC set is still pretty good on defense as a support unit that guarantees a bit of chip damage before he does down, and he can run sets like Firesweep L&D, if a bit worse than Cordelia at it.

If you want to use Takumi, just pick a set and go with it. If you want to make sure all your units are the best possible in their niches, give his Close Counter to a non-infantry mage.

4 hours ago, AW91 said:

Hello guys!

I would need some help,..

I already have an account with Hector, Azura and so on... But I took a break of 1-2 months...

Now I´m back again and want to play, but I even don´t know how to continue, that´s why I think about starting new...

What unit should I search for beginning? I can start over 1000 times new, it doesn´t annoy me...

Thanks!

Since you already have good units on your old account, I'd say it's best to just continue with that. There were some pretty good units introduced in the last two months, but none of them are so broken you'd be better of sacrificing Azura and Hector for them (apart from maybe bride Cordelia, but you can't get her anymore anyway). The only real reason to start a new account would be if you really like one of the new characters (like Ike or Celica).

If you do decide to restart though, Reinhardt is pretty broken, Olwen can be even better with a lot of investment, and if you get a combination of either Nino or Tharja, toghether with Erika or Ephraim, you're pretty much golden. Dancers are pretty great as well, but you get Olivia as free unit, so they're not really worth resetting for.

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Since you already have good units on your old account, I'd say it's best to just continue with that. There were some pretty good units introduced in the last two months, but none of them are so broken you'd be better of sacrificing Azura and Hector for them (apart from maybe bride Cordelia, but you can't get her anymore anyway). The only real reason to start a new account would be if you really like one of the new characters (like Ike or Celica).

If you do decide to restart though, Reinhardt is pretty broken, Olwen can be even better with a lot of investment, and if you get a combination of either Nino or Tharja, toghether with Erika or Ephraim, you're pretty much golden. Dancers are pretty great as well, but you get Olivia as free unit, so they're not really worth resetting for.

Hello @Bartozio and thanks for the answer!  Sounds good, hopefully I´ll be possible to do anything else without Ike^^ Please find attached my team: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6tzltMx1OAZQzFNUElhMGNoem8 / maybe it´s easier to say now start new or keep... ;-)

1 minute ago, AW91 said:

Hello @Bartozio and thanks for the answer!  Sounds good, hopefully I´ll be possible to do anything else without Ike^^ Please find attached my team: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6tzltMx1OAZQzFNUElhMGNoem8 / maybe it´s easier to say now start new or keep... ;-)

No problem, always willing to help. The question has become very easy, because your current roster is incredibly good. I would definitly keep this account if I were you.

You already have Reinhardt, who is the main unit I said to look for when restarting. He's pretty much the best blue unit in the game, and one of the best units in general. If that wasn't enough, you also have Lucina and Eldigan, two of the best sword units in the game, Hector and Nino, pretty much the two best green units in the game, and even Azura and Ninian. Rerolling isn't going to give you a better roster then this.

I strongly advise you to just continue playing with this account, there'll always be more chances to get units like Ike in the future.

1 hour ago, SinfulPride said:

What would be the ideal 4 from what I have?

Capture+_2017-06-20-08-00-12.png

I'd recommend replacing Ephraim with Robin because you currently don't have a source of magic damage.

Otherwise looks fine to me. 

30 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd recommend replacing Ephraim with Robin because you currently don't have a source of magic damage.

Otherwise looks fine to me. 

Would you recommend using eirika at all? Her and ike are my fav characters xD if not, ill stick with what I got. If I ever get ike, would I replace marth? Or stick with marth?

12 minutes ago, SinfulPride said:

Would you recommend using eirika at all? Her and ike are my fav characters xD if not, ill stick with what I got. If I ever get ike, would I replace marth? Or stick with marth?

Eirika is a great unit but for that team specifically. She's a fantastic support unit that pairs well with the support-reliant blade tome nukes (like Nino and Tharja), but she isn't a good enough fighter to be the team's standalone red unit unless your team can handle all greens (and in your case dragons too since you'd be giving up Falchion) without another red. You could always go double red, but I wouldn't recommend it in this blue-heavy meta. 

Marth and Ike are both great and fulfill different roles, so they can both work. However, I personally wouldn't recommend the replacement because dragons run all over your team without Marth there to stop them. The only reason I was able to safely run Ike/Ryoma is because I had a Julia to take care of dragons for me, but Raven can't do that very well. 

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Eirika is a great unit but for that team specifically. She's a fantastic support unit that pairs well with the support-reliant blade tome nukes (like Nino and Tharja), but she isn't a good enough fighter to be the team's standalone red unit unless your team can handle all greens (and in your case dragons too since you'd be giving up Falchion) without another red. You could always go double red, but I wouldn't recommend it in this blue-heavy meta. 

Marth and Ike are both great and fulfill different roles, so they can both work. However, I personally wouldn't recommend the replacement because dragons run all over your team without Marth there to stop them. The only reason I was able to safely run Ike/Ryoma is because I had a Julia to take care of dragons for me, but Raven can't do that very well. 

I have a question about which skills to use. Currently I have a 27 marth, 38 raven, 16 robin, 25 Klein, 6 eirika, and 23 ephraim. For marth I have falch, spur speed 1/2, all 3 escape routes, and pivot. For raven I have brave axe+, daylight/sol, def speed 1/2, and threaten def 1-3. Robin has all skills he starts off with at 5 star, same with all my other ones too.

I have a question about the Falchion + Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice build for Falchion users.

While I see it discussed sometimes, and it sounds cool on paper, how does it actually do in practice for anyone who's tried it? I'm considering whether to make my Masked Lucina a more standard build or try that build for her since I have a -atk 5* Jakob and a second 5* Fae that I don't need. Healing 20 HP every couple turns and using Ardent to heal seems neat, but I can't tell if it's just a meme build compared to LaD/Desperation/etc.

I also have a +atk/-def Marth that could consider such a build too, even if I didn't do it to Lucina.

Edited by Alkaid

16 minutes ago, SinfulPride said:

I have a question about which skills to use. Currently I have a 27 marth, 38 raven, 16 robin, 25 Klein, 6 eirika, and 23 ephraim. For marth I have falch, spur speed 1/2, all 3 escape routes, and pivot. For raven I have brave axe+, daylight/sol, def speed 1/2, and threaten def 1-3. Robin has all skills he starts off with at 5 star, same with all my other ones too.

Robin really likes Triangle adept and sword/bow breaker to completly shut down red and colorless enemies. Raven and Klein are nukes who either use Death Blow + a breaker skill, or Life and Death + Desperation, depending on their natures and acccess to buffs. Marth can go many ways, but since your team will probably want to make use of his bulk, fury and renewal could be nice.

17 minutes ago, SinfulPride said:

Since I don't know what boon/bane your units I have, I'm going to assume they're neutral for these builds. Also, since I have no idea what fodder you have, I'm simply going to list the ideal builds (or what I think the ideal builds are) without taking inheritance fodder into account. 

Marth

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Falchion
  • Special: Draconic Aura or Bonfire 
  • A-slot: Fury
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker

Fury turns Marth into an overall solid duelist that can handle a wide variety of threats. He already eliminates most greens, and Swordbreaker is there to let him duel and beat other sword units as well. Draconic Aura and Bonfire do the same damage with a neutral Marth, so pick based on what fodder you have.

Raven

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Brave Axe+
  • Assist: Reciprocal Aid
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • A-slot: Life and Death
  • B-slot: Desperation

This set is an offensive glass cannon set that revolves around using getting Raven into Desperation range and then quad-attacking opponents (since Desperation will let you hit an opponent four times before they can hit back, if you're fast enough to double them). 

Robin

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Blárraven+
  • Special: Bonfire
  • A-slot: Triangle Adept
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker/Lancebreaker

Pretty standard Robin build. Triangle Adept + Raven is a staple combination that allows him check all red and colorless units handily (Takumi deals 0 damage to Robin with this set unless he's +Atk). The breaker skills fix Robin's middling speed by allowing him to double and ORKO a weapon type of your choice regardless of the speed difference. The one you pick is personal preference and depends on what your team needs to get rid of most.

Klein

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Brave Bow+
  • Special: Luna

Life and Death is easily Klein's best set, giving him a huge attack boost and enough speed to quad a number of threats he just barely doesn't double before. Swordbreaker/Lancebreaker guarantees quads on a couple common threats he isn't fast enough to double; the one you go with depends on which threat you want him to take care of more.

*The reason I don't list Assists or C skills are because those are less dependent on the individual unit and more on preference.

90% of the time, you want to put a movement-based assist skill on your unit (Reposition, Draw Back, etc). However, all of them are useful, so which ones you go with largely depends on your own personal preference. As a general rule: Reposition is good overall, Draw Back is better for ranged backline units, Swap is better for bulky frontline units, and Pivot is mostly useful on armored units to help them move around. The primary exception is if you are running a quad Brave Desperation build on a unit, in which case Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid are recommended to bring the unit down into the Desperation HP range without entering combat, like with Raven.

C-skills are unique because, unlike A and B skills, they're more dependent on your team than on the individual unit. What's generally recommended is to look at what buffs your team needs, and then give your unit a Hone/Fortify/Spur team aura to support the team. As a general rule, you want to give the skills to the ones who need the buff least. So in your case, Raven and Klein really want an Attack boost, so you would give Hone Atk to someone else besides those two (either Robin or Marth) to make sure those two get the boost.

20 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Since I don't know what boon/bane your units I have, I'm going to assume they're neutral for these builds. Also, since I have no idea what fodder you have, I'm simply going to list the ideal builds (or what I think the ideal builds are) without taking inheritance fodder into account. 

Marth

Reveal hidden contents
  • Weapon: Falchion
  • Special: Draconic Aura or Bonfire 
  • A-slot: Fury
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker

Fury turns Marth into an overall solid duelist that can handle a wide variety of threats. He already eliminates most greens, and Swordbreaker is there to let him duel and beat other sword units as well. Draconic Aura and Bonfire do the same damage with a neutral Marth, so pick based on what fodder you have.

Raven

Reveal hidden contents
  • Weapon: Brave Axe+
  • Assist: Reciprocal Aid
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • B-slot: Desperation

This set is an offensive glass cannon set that revolves around using getting Raven into Desperation range and then quad-attacking opponents (since Desperation will let you hit an opponent four times before they can hit back, if you're fast enough to double them). 

Robin

Reveal hidden contents
  • Weapon: Blárraven+
  • Special: Bonfire
  • A-slot: Triangle Adept

Pretty standard Robin build. Triangle Adept + Raven is a staple combination that allows him check all red and colorless units handily (Takumi deals 0 damage to Robin with this set unless he's +Atk). The breaker skills fix Robin's middling speed by allowing him to double and ORKO a weapon type of your choice regardless of the speed difference. The one you pick is personal preference and depends on what your team needs to get rid of most.

Klein

Reveal hidden contents
  • Weapon: Brave Bow+
  • Special: Luna

Life and Death is easily Klein's best set, giving him a huge attack boost and enough speed to quad a number of threats he just barely doesn't double before. Swordbreaker/Lancebreaker guarantees quads on a couple common threats he isn't fast enough to double; the one you go with depends on which threat you want him to take care of more.

*The reason I don't list Assists or C skills are because those are less dependent on the individual unit and more on preference.

90% of the time, you want to put a movement-based assist skill on your unit (Reposition, Draw Back, etc). However, all of them are useful, so which ones you go with largely depends on your own personal preference. As a general rule: Reposition is good overall, Draw Back is better for ranged backline units, Swap is better for bulky frontline units, and Pivot is mostly useful on armored units to help them move around. The primary exception is if you are running a quad Brave Desperation build on a unit, in which case Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid are recommended to bring the unit down into the Desperation HP range without entering combat, like with Raven.

C-skills are unique because, unlike A and B skills, they're more dependent on your team than on the individual unit. What's generally recommended is to look at what buffs your team needs, and then give your unit a Hone/Fortify/Spur team aura to support the team. As a general rule, you want to give the skills to the ones who need the buff least. So in your case, Raven and Klein really want an Attack boost, so you would give Hone Atk to someone else besides those two (either Robin or Marth) to make sure those two get the boost.

I'm kind of a Noob to the game. How do I go about getting stuff like triangle adept on robin?

1 minute ago, SinfulPride said:

I'm kind of a Noob to the game. How do I go about getting stuff like triangle adept on robin?

If you go to Allies -> Advanced Growth -> Inherit Skill, you can put skills that another unit has onto whomever you want (but you lose that unit).

To get Triangle Adept on Robin, you would Inherit the skill from someone who already has Triangle Adept.

Off the top of my head, Roy, Selena, Cordelia, and Sanaki have that skill naturally. However, Roy's the only one that has Triangle Adept 3 as a 4*. You'd only be able to get Triangle Adept 2 from the rest unless they're at 5* (but having just 2 is fine). 

7 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Is there something I don't understand about defense in this game. I just had my Reinhardt killed by a Red Sword Brave sword user with Triangle adept. Reinhardt buffed to a 36 defense....

Special skill damage is unaffected by the weapon triangle.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Special skill damage is unaffected by the weapon triangle.

Ok, that's understandable. Then is it not 1:1 for def from attack. Like if he had a 40 attack power and I have 36 defense. Isn't that only 4 damage?

4 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Ok, that's understandable. Then is it not 1:1 for def from attack. Like if he had a 40 attack power and I have 36 defense. Isn't that only 4 damage?

Special skill damage (unless it’s Night Sky line) is a flat addition to the calculated damage ( Atk × WTMod – Def/Res ). We don’t really have the full picture. What skills did both have? Were they buffed and/or spurred? And so on and so forth.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

If there's no triangle advantage in play or any other skill or defence tiles, then it would be 4 damage.