"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Oh, forgot about that. the clean 5* from today is probably better then, thanks! Theres no way to tell or calculate 5* IV's when they arent level 1 anymore right?

Unfortunuatly not as far as I know. There might be in due time, since from what we've seen level-ups are predetermined by IV's (meaning every unit with the same IV's will get the exact same level-ups), but that will probably take some time, if it happens at all.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Big Smoke said:

What's the fastest way to get hero feathers and Grand Badges? (Or w/e they're called)

Fastest way is to send home units you usually don't need, but the best overall way is probably the Arena.

I take it that with "Grand Badges" you mean the Great Badges? They can be obtained by doing the Sixth or an higher floor of the Training tower

I just started fighting in the Arena this week and had a question about the feathers you get at the end. The text window pops up and says you can claim your feathers between the time the results are calculated and before the new season starts. I don't think I ended up doing that as the Arena closed Monday and I didn't enter the Arena to fight until today, so did I lose out on my feathers? Is there a specific time window I have to visit or if I miss it will the feathers still get added to my account?

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

I just started fighting in the Arena this week and had a question about the feathers you get at the end. The text window pops up and says you can claim your feathers between the time the results are calculated and before the new season starts. I don't think I ended up doing that as the Arena closed Monday and I didn't enter the Arena to fight until today, so did I lose out on my feathers? Is there a specific time window I have to visit or if I miss it will the feathers still get added to my account?

I believe the Arena is only closed for a couple hours before a new season starts, so it would be weird if you could only get your feathers in that very specific time. From what I remember reading, you can pick up the rewards you got from last season (so last weeks was from 07-02 to 13-02) until the new season ends (so until next monday night 20-02). Did you play in the Arena last week and not get any rewards when you went to the Arena today?

52 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I believe the Arena is only closed for a couple hours before a new season starts, so it would be weird if you could only get your feathers in that very specific time. From what I remember reading, you can pick up the rewards you got from last season (so last weeks was from 07-02 to 13-02) until the new season ends (so until next monday night 20-02). Did you play in the Arena last week and not get any rewards when you went to the Arena today?

When I went into the Arena today I did get a pop-up that said I had won 500 feathers for my score but the next pop-up mentioned that specific window of when to claim them so I mentally panicked. But I wasn't paying attention at the time to what my feather count was so I didn't know by looking whether I'd been given the 500 I won. I'll definitely make sure to pay attention this week so I'll know for future reference.

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

When I went into the Arena today I did get a pop-up that said I had won 500 feathers for my score but the next pop-up mentioned that specific window of when to claim them so I mentally panicked. But I wasn't paying attention at the time to what my feather count was so I didn't know by looking whether I'd been given the 500 I won. I'll definitely make sure to pay attention this week so I'll know for future reference.

Ah, I think you can rest easy then, I'm pretty sure you got them =). They should automatically get added to your total after you got that message. Congrats and good luck this week! ^^

Question about arena regarding how the point values are determined. I just countered a team that gave me 267 defense points. "Cool, that's high," I thought to myself. Then realized I have no grasp of where 267 came from. It obviously isn't the combined total of the team rating. I also don't know where the offense points come from. I get around 640 per round (including bonus) which if that's double, then the actual team I'm beating is like 320 I guess. Doesn't seem like it has the same derivation as the defense points but I have no idea.

Next question has to do with how AI decides target. Traditionally I always assume that the enemies will go for kills over damaging units whenever they have the choice. However, I've encountered situations several times now where the AI chooses to opt to attack the higher Hp unit for damage rather than kill. It's almost like the AI considered taking the last 3hp of my delicate unit to not be worth as much as doing 20-30 damage to another unit. Interestingly, only my unit that was in kill range at the measly 3hp threatened to kill it if left alive. The unit it chose to attack instead had no chance of being a threat on player phase. Also, should note that the distance to both targets was one square movement and then attack (same distance) in case that is a factor to consider. If there is a known algorithm for how the AI selects targets, it could make for some much bolder moves assuming there isn't some RNG element incorporated in enemy actions. 

38 minutes ago, cogawak said:

Question about arena regarding how the point values are determined. I just countered a team that gave me 267 defense points. "Cool, that's high," I thought to myself. Then realized I have no grasp of where 267 came from. It obviously isn't the combined total of the team rating. I also don't know where the offense points come from. I get around 640 per round (including bonus) which if that's double, then the actual team I'm beating is like 320 I guess. Doesn't seem like it has the same derivation as the defense points but I have no idea.

Next question has to do with how AI decides target. Traditionally I always assume that the enemies will go for kills over damaging units whenever they have the choice. However, I've encountered situations several times now where the AI chooses to opt to attack the higher Hp unit for damage rather than kill. It's almost like the AI considered taking the last 3hp of my delicate unit to not be worth as much as doing 20-30 damage to another unit. Interestingly, only my unit that was in kill range at the measly 3hp threatened to kill it if left alive. The unit it chose to attack instead had no chance of being a threat on player phase. Also, should note that the distance to both targets was one square movement and then attack (same distance) in case that is a factor to consider. If there is a known algorithm for how the AI selects targets, it could make for some much bolder moves assuming there isn't some RNG element incorporated in enemy actions. 

I'm not sure, but I've encountered baffling AI at times.  In the Arena, I was facing a Lilina who probably could have killed my Camilla, but instead decided to attack my Lilina and do a paltry amount of damage.  My the AI rolls a random number and if they roll low enough, they do the idiot move.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not sure, but I've encountered baffling AI at times.  In the Arena, I was facing a Lilina who probably could have killed my Camilla, but instead decided to attack my Lilina and do a paltry amount of damage.  My the AI rolls a random number and if they roll low enough, they do the idiot move.

I should have taken a screen shot of right at turn end but I was in quite a pickle.

Camilla move up two
Azura move side one sing Camilla
Use Lyn to double attack Nowi to trigger galeforce and then move one off to the side
Jeorge move to that square and attack Takumi (spur speed prevents double)
Use Camilla to attack Takumi from left to bait Tiki to her
End turn
Clean up Tiki with Azura

I was thinking the AI would take the kill for sure but I just had a feeling it might not. 

IMG_5928.JPG

4 hours ago, cogawak said:

I'm not sure about the defense points, but for the offensive points, I believe it's the score of the enemy units combined stat totals, which is connected to your own stat torals since the matchmaking system tries to make you go up against evenly strong players.

14 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

On Settings screen, there is a box for Auto Favourite (currently 4*) and Smart End. What do these actually mean/do?

Auto Favorite gives the units that you pull that are 4* and higher a heart icon. It makes it unable for you to merge those units or send them home. It's basically there so you don't accidentally merge the wrong units or send them home and lose them forever. You can press the heart icon in the unit overview screen to un-favorite them.

Smart End automatically ends your turn when you've moved/attacked with your 4th unit, since you have no actions you can do after that anymore. You'll have to press 'End Turn' yourself if you switch this off.

Edited by Birdy

Once again I'm here for some advice. I finally have a team of 5* and they cover most colors besides a colorless.

Would like some advice about who I should upgrade. I might want to upgrade Effie or Abel to 5* for the extra stats and it would make Effie even more amazing.

I am also thinking of upgrading Nino, Corrin or Olivia to a 4*. at the end of this season I would finally have 20k feathers so It's getting closer.

Spoiler

units.thumb.jpg.c2b91dda66ee651925f404392cce7479.jpg

I have about two F2P summons left, but with the focus units right now I don't (think) there's anything that would help me. I'd rather wait for better focus units and stick with the decent units I already own. I'm open for suggestions! Thanks!

Edited by Chelone

In arena you're going to have a lot of trouble against noncolored units (not just taku).  Unfortunately, you don't have anyone like Robin that deals extra damage.  I would 5* Abel and in arena make it your number one goal to get rid of all the takus and other good noncolored units.  Afterwards, should be easy mode if you're smarter than the AI.  You already have Ephraim who is the best focus right now.  Unless you want to go for Eirika to get the set like me (which is really cool and they work decently together) I'd say wait until another focus becomes available.  Another Robin (or a Cecilia) focus would be game changing.  Right now your best bet to counter Taku is Abel.  Pretty much anything with a brave weapon can do it, but horses and flyers are the best at it due to their mobillity.  

So many people are trying to get Tak but they don't think about how easy the game is if you get a Taku counter and everyone else is using him xD.

Anyone know if you can merge units unlimited times?  Like could I get a lvl40+40 unit or something OP?

Edited by Lushen

Does you think merging 2 heroes will gain access to certain skills or equipment soon?

This is my first fire emblem game, are there lots more (how many) main characters in fates, awakening, etc.. that they haven't released yet? 

14 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Are these new quests.

KO 5 with Eirika/Ephraim/Seliph/Julia

meant for whale user?

Poor life.

There's no time limit on those quests.  So I shall do them One Day.  Like, when I can actually pull a 5* unit.

2 hours ago, Steilison said:

Does you think merging 2 heroes will gain access to certain skills or equipment soon?

This is my first fire emblem game, are there lots more (how many) main characters in fates, awakening, etc.. that they haven't released yet? 

For best results, merge two heroes with the same name and star level.  If it's a non-utility unit (namely, any unit who doesn't dance, sing, or heal), they should get enough SP for all of their skills sooner than later.