Randoman

@SinfulPride @MaskedAmpharos

Lucina

Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury 3
Desperation 3

Moonbow gives you immediate power to nudge a few annoying opponents that survive by just a bit (Quickened Pulse can guarantee it on the second hit against an opponent that cannot counterattack and lets you break through Reinhardt). Fury gives you both power and bulk. Desperation keeps your sustain.

Lucina has enough HP and Def to not die in one hit even if Falchion heals you out of Desperation range.

This set also has the benefit that it's really cheap, as all of its skills are available from 4-star rarity (or lower) characters and all said characters can be pulled at 3-star rarity.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, XRay said:

Merging limited characters under 5* is a waste in my opinion. Merging gives them only a tiny boost in stats, and that boost is lost once you promote them.

Not in Ursula's case, since it's limited, but for units available at 3* or 4*, you can power-level a lowbie unit and teach them a bunch of skills, then merge them into the 5*, since grinding SP at max level can be a pain.

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not in Ursula's case, since it's limited, but for units available at 3* or 4*, you can power-level a lowbie unit and teach them a bunch of skills, then merge them into the 5*, since grinding SP at max level can be a pain.

I should have been more specific, but he was only talking about Ursula.

Edited by XRay
I just checked my comment again, and I did say limited characters.

I have 3 possible units to upgrade from 4* to 5* when I get my next 20k feathers... thoughts on who should go first? I've listed the three below in the order that I believe they should be levelled up (based on 5* weapon, and my needs)

-Reinhardt (honestly, he's quite useless without Dire Thunder... his speed is severely lacking, but I've given him Draw Back, and his movement and range should be killer as a 5*)

-Legion (I have Hector, Michalis, and Camilla as my top 5* Axe users (as well as Sheena and Hawkeye), but everyone seems to be raving about Legion, and he does have some good skills (and could be a powerhouse).

-Masked Marth (Falchion is awesome, and I've built her with Moonbow, Death Blow 3 and Axebreaker 3. However, I already have some powerful units with Axebreaker and I have Lv 40, 5* Marth and Lucina as well... which is why she is last on my upgrade list)

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Reinhardt is easily the best choice just to prevent unit overlap. Your axe options are quite strong and you already have lucina making both legion and masked marth un nessecary promotions for now. Reinhardt can be quickly built just a death blow inherit.

2 minutes ago, TearingShadows said:

Reinhardt is easily the best choice just to prevent unit overlap. Your axe options are quite strong and you already have lucina making both legion and masked marth un nessecary promotions for now. Reinhardt can be quickly built just a death blow inherit.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice!

I have a few new characters I'm working on. I'd really welcome an expert eye and any feedback/changes to these skillsets I'm planning: 

Reinhardt (Res+/Spd-)

Spoiler

Pretty standard build. I plan to play him on both a cavalry team w/ Xander, Cecilia & Camus/Olwen, and regular team w/ Nino, Olivia and Lucina/Nowi/Sanaki depending on mood). I'm mostly hung up on which Special to give him:

W: Dire Thunder
S: Drawback
Sp: Draconic Aura or Moonbow w/ Quickened Pulse Seal for defense
A: Death Blow 3   
B: Lance Breaker 3
C: Fortify Cavalry (Cavalry), Hone Speed (Reg)

Tharja (Atk+/Def-)

Spoiler

Not having the ideal Speed boon, I was thinking her native Darting Blow would be best, w/ Ardent to safely get into desperation range. Was planning to play her alongside Nino, Olivia and Nowi/Camus/Reinhardt --- still not sure what Blue would balance this team.

W: Rauðrblade+    
S: Ardent Sacrifice
Sp: Moonbow
A: Darting Blow 3  
B: Desperation 3
C: Hone Attack or Fortify Def   

Camus (Neu)

Spoiler

Torn on what to do with his build. Started off on the Fury/Vantage/Bonfire route but reading a lot of recommendations to do Fury/QR, which just seems counter-intuitive & too much babysitting to keep him in QR mode. Having distant counter, I'm considering building him for both defense and offense, which I did w/ Xander (Fury/Vantage, TriAdept/QR) and I've got a ton of use out of him because of it. Camus will mostly be paired with Xander, Reinhardt and Cecilia. 

W: Gradivus
S: Swap
Sp: Bonfire
A: Fury 3   
B: Vantage 3 / QR 2  
C: Hone Cavalry

Masked Lucina (Neu)

Spoiler

Already have a fantastic Spd+/Res- Lucina that I built up for offense, so I thought the Nursina build would be a nice complement to that. I don't have a good healer built yet so I actually think she'll get good use in this role: 

W: Falcion
S: Reciprocal Aid
Sp: Noontime?
A: HP+5, or eventually Fury3 (fresh out of Hinatas)
B: Renewal 2
C: Breath of Life 3

Edited by fatboyjam

Building my freshly *5'ed Cherche and she's at level 34 sitting on 800 SP. She's getting Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Draconic Aura, Brave Axe+ and Fortify Flyers.

As for the B skill, Hit and Run or Drag Back, which one is better? I have both Clair and Donnel so it's just a matter of whats better. Cherche generally wants to OHKO and if she doesn't then a ranged unit can't come up behind her and finish the unit with HaR depending on the situation but if using Drag Back then if at a water, mountain or gap tile they won't be moved.

Both have their "drawbacks" (no pun intended) but since I have both, I'm just trying to be optimal here. So which one?

50 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

I have a few new characters I'm working on. I'd really welcome an expert eye and any feedback/changes to these skillsets I'm planning: 

Reinhardt (Res+/Spd-)

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty standard build. I plan to play him on both a cavalry team w/ Xander, Cecilia & Camus/Olwen, and regular team w/ Nino, Olivia and Lucina/Nowi/Sanaki depending on mood). I'm mostly hung up on which Special to give him:

W: Dire Thunder
S: Drawback
Sp: Draconic Aura or Moonbow w/ Quickened Pulse Seal for defense
A: Death Blow 3   
B: Lance Breaker 3
C: Fortify Cavalry (Cavalry), Hone Speed (Reg)

Tharja (Atk+/Def-)

Reveal hidden contents

Not having the ideal Speed boon, I was thinking her native Darting Blow would be best, w/ Ardent to safely get into desperation range. Was planning to play her alongside Nino, Olivia and Nowi/Camus/Reinhardt --- still not sure what Blue would balance this team.

W: Rauðrblade+    
S: Ardent Sacrifice
Sp: Moonbow
A: Darting Blow 3  
B: Desperation 3
C: Hone Attack or Fortify Def   

Camus (Neu)

Reveal hidden contents

Torn on what to do with his build. Started off on the Fury/Vantage/Bonfire route but reading a lot of recommendations to do Fury/QR, which just seems counter-intuitive & too much babysitting to keep him in QR mode. Having distant counter, I'm considering building him for both defense and offense, which I did w/ Xander (Fury/Vantage, TriAdept/QR) and I've got a ton of use out of him because of it. Camus will mostly be paired with Xander, Reinhardt and Cecilia. 

W: Gradivus
S: Swap
Sp: Bonfire
A: Fury 3   
B: Vantage 3 / QR 2  
C: Hone Cavalry

Masked Lucina (Neu)

Reveal hidden contents

Already have a fantastic Spd+/Res- Lucina that I built up for offense, so I thought the Nursina build would be a nice complement to that. I don't have a good healer built yet so I actually think she'll get good use in this role: 

W: Falcion
S: Reciprocal Aid
Sp: Noontime?
A: HP+5, or eventually Fury3 (fresh out of Hinatas)
B: Renewal 2
C: Breath of Life 3

I'm not sure whether I count as an expert eye, but I can always give my opinions I guess:

• Reinhardt seems fine, not much to add. Both specials work well with him, where one does more damage, but the other can be used more often. Pretty much up to personal preference.
  • The set seems pretty good. About the final partner: Camus would be the best fit to balance the team, as he can deal physical damage and is pretty decent at taking hits. Reinhardt would make your team consist of 3 magic nukes and a dancer, which isn't to balanced, but it works really well (I used literally this team to clear the tempest trials). The choice between the two depends on your playstyle. I think Camus' physical damage makes him a better choice then Nowi in this case.
  • If you give Camus fury 3, combined with a goad and hone cavalry buff, his effective speed reaches 46, which means enemies need at least 42 speed to not get doubled. The few units who reach that usually aren't going to survive the first hit anyway, so QR becomes pretty unnececairy. If you he's going to get less boosts you could consider it.
  • Masked Lucina's build seems good, but you may want to consider another special. If Lucina is seeing enough combat to activate Noontime, you might want to actually kill the enemy with moonow instead. I might be wrong there though, but if she's your only red unit, you probably still want her offence to be decent.

Hope you find this somewhat usefull.

41 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Building my freshly *5'ed Cherche and she's at level 34 sitting on 800 SP. She's getting Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Draconic Aura, Brave Axe+ and Fortify Flyers.

As for the B skill, Hit and Run or Drag Back, which one is better? I have both Clair and Donnel so it's just a matter of whats better. Cherche generally wants to OHKO and if she doesn't then a ranged unit can't come up behind her and finish the unit with HaR depending on the situation but if using Drag Back then if at a water, mountain or gap tile they won't be moved.

Both have their "drawbacks" (no pun intended) but since I have both, I'm just trying to be optimal here. So which one?

Hit and Run is probably better for a player-controlled team because you typically want to move back regardless of the terrain. Drag Back is probably better for an AI-controlled team because it opens up the targeted unit to be attacked by more of your own units if they fail to kill each other.

There's not much difference either way, though.

32 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'm not sure whether I count as an expert eye, but I can always give my opinions I guess:

• Reinhardt seems fine, not much to add. Both specials work well with him, where one does more damage, but the other can be used more often. Pretty much up to personal preference.
  • The set seems pretty good. About the final partner: Camus would be the best fit to balance the team, as he can deal physical damage and is pretty decent at taking hits. Reinhardt would make your team consist of 3 magic nukes and a dancer, which isn't to balanced, but it works really well (I used literally this team to clear the tempest trials). The choice between the two depends on your playstyle. I think Camus' physical damage makes him a better choice then Nowi in this case.
  • If you give Camus fury 3, combined with a goad and hone cavalry buff, his effective speed reaches 46, which means enemies need at least 42 speed to not get doubled. The few units who reach that usually aren't going to survive the first hit anyway, so QR becomes pretty unnececairy. If you he's going to get less boosts you could consider it.
  • Masked Lucina's build seems good, but you may want to consider another special. If Lucina is seeing enough combat to activate Noontime, you might want to actually kill the enemy with moonow instead. I might be wrong there though, but if she's your only red unit, you probably still want her offence to be decent.

Hope you find this somewhat usefull.

Very helpful, thank you. Just a couple follow up questions on Camus: if not QR, do you feel Vantage would be the best pairing to Fury? And is bonfire the right call as his special or would ignis be better if he's consistently going to be doubling units?

11 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Very helpful, thank you. Just a couple follow up questions on Camus: if not QR, do you feel Vantage would be the best pairing to Fury? And is bonfire the right call as his special or would ignis be better if he's consistently going to be doubling units?

I personally run Vantage with Fury,, as I feel vantage pairs pretty well with a distant counter weapon. I'm not really sure about his special (still need to decide on mine), since you make a good point about Ignis possibly being better then Bonfire on him (unless you give him quickened pulse of course).

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hit and Run is probably better for a player-controlled team because you typically want to move back regardless of the terrain. Drag Back is probably better for an AI-controlled team because it opens up the targeted unit to be attacked by more of your own units if they fail to kill each other.

There's not much difference either way, though.

Hit and Run then I suppose. Might just give her both, but we'll start with that.

14 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Does Desperation stack with a Brave in the sense that it allows for a quadruple on your initial attack?

Yes, it does.

On an unrelated question, what should be more of a priority? Alfie, Anna or Olivia's promotion (and then Hinata and Ogma's on top of that for weapons)?

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Why in the fuck would make a monocolor team?

Reinhardt Emblem is a mono-color team.

Edit: A heavy-blade, dragon fang, -blade tome build would OHKO Triangle Adept Julia, so, unless you're unfortunate enough to run into a team with 3 TA-3 Julia, the team doesn't lose---Rein's bulky enough to survive a hit from TA3 Julia, if only barely, so it's not too hard to make sure the special procs happens during his fight with her. (the HB, DF, -blade build is better done by Olwen, though, because she has better speed and worse attack, making it easier to charge the special. Rein OHKOs too much to make a one round max-charge viable.)

That said, the team, while probably one of the best teams, is a bit too 'memy' to be fully optimal. Practically speaking, you'd usually just pack a single Leo to take care of people who run TA3 greens.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

On an unrelated question, what should be more of a priority? Alfie, Anna or Olivia's promotion (and then Hinata and Ogma's on top of that for weapons)?

If you are promoting the Askr trio just for the Arena bonus, I do not think it is worth it since they work well enough at four stars, and five stars does not really give them much. Olivia is better at four stars since it will be easier to merge her to give her better stats, unless you have a lot of feathers to spend and plan to merge her even further. Olivia works fine with just normal Ruby against Hector. Olivia should not be using Brave Sword, but Alfonse can use it to compliment his decent attack and mitigate his low speed.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you are promoting the Askr trio just for the Arena bonus, I do not think it is worth it since they work well enough at four stars, and five stars does not really give them much. Olivia is better at four stars since it will be easier to merge her to give her better stats, unless you have a lot of feathers to spend and plan to merge her even further. Olivia works fine with just normal Ruby against Hector. Olivia should not be using Brave Sword, but Alfonse can use it to compliment his decent attack and mitigate his low speed.

Hinata priority it is, then. I was planning on merging a spare Olivia anyway.

...Also, Hinata for Olivia and Ogma for Alfie. Why would you think I was doing either the opposite or giving both swords to one of Alfie or Olivia?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hinata priority it is, then. I was planning on merging a spare Olivia anyway.

...Also, Hinata for Olivia and Ogma for Alfie. Why would you think I was doing either the opposite or giving both swords to one of Alfie or Olivia?

Wait!!! Not Hinata!!! Hinata at three stars already can pass Ruby. Ruby+ is not necessary.

I was not sure so I mentioned it just in case.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Wait!!! Not Hinata!!! Hinata at three stars already can pass Ruby. Ruby+ is not necessary.

Necessary, maybe not. But if Olivia's being a mainstay Arena team member, she's bringing along a higher scoring weapon.

It's not like I'll be getting access to Ruby Sword+ for a while, with how expensive the skill will be.

(Also, +Res -Def or +Spd -Atk? The latter is the one I hope to merge into...)

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Necessary, maybe not. But if Olivia's being a mainstay Arena team member, she's bringing along a higher scoring weapon.

It's not like I'll be getting access to Ruby Sword+ for a while, with how expensive the skill will be.

(Also, +Res -Def or +Spd -Atk? The latter is the one I hope to merge into...)

If you are using Olivia to take out Hector, I would go with the +Spd so she can always double him. If you are using Fury, then either one works. Hector with a damage Special and Vantage is pretty scary, but Olivia with Ruby, Moonbow/Luna, and Vantage herself can take him out.