"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the old point value for clearing hard in tempest?  I feel like with 35pts vs 40pts, it's more logical to just sacrifice 5 points off the base and get a higher multiplier.  Unless you're a whale.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:32 PM, Ice Dragon said:

I assume you mean the barracks.

The maximum barracks size is 500. You can't go bigger than that even if you wanted.

Expand as much as you summon. It's 1 orb to add 5 slots and 20 orbs to fill them.

Wait a tick, I just did the math on this. If I wanna get the maximum amount I need to spend 60 orbs to do so.

Are you recommending to stop at 300?

Edited by Zangetsu

42 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Wait a tick, I just did the math on this. If I wanna get the maximum amount I need to spend 60 orbs to do so.

Are you recommending to stop at 300?

He means it costs 1 orb to unlock five slots, but upwards from 20 orbs to fill these five slots with units. Expanding the barracks is cheap.

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He means it costs 1 orb to unlock five slots, but upwards from 20 orbs to fill these five slots with units. Expanding the barracks is cheap.

God my grammar sucks, does that mean I get more than 5 slots after 20 orbs or less if I do spend 20 orbs. I already spend 8 orbs expanding it.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

God my grammar sucks, does that mean I get more than 5 slots after 20 orbs or less if I do spend 20 orbs. I already spend 8 orbs expanding it.

Huh? If you spent 8 orbs expanding, you got 40 slots.

Summoning characters costs at least 20 orbs per 5 units. New slots cost 1 orb per 5 slots. That’s all math.

@DisobeyedCargo If you want to do it yourself and figure out the best skills and nature to maximize wins, I made this thread for that a while ago.

@Kaden You can also type ð with Alt+0240 to save time.

@Lushen I do not remember the exact value, but I do remember that losing on Lunatic on the last map is either better than or roughly equal to getting a perfect score on Hard.

@Sable Argyle With some exceptions, -Spd is always the worst nature on a player phase unit. -Atk is pretty bad, but -Spd is far, far worse. If she cannot double attack and kill her initial target, it would put the rest of the team in danger when enemy phase comes.

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Huh? If you spent 8 orbs expanding, you got 40 slots.

Summoning characters costs at least 20 orbs per 5 units. New slots cost 1 orb per 5 slots. That’s all math.

Yes that's exactly what I meant, I spend 8 orbs. But what do you mean by summoning units, I'm just trying expand my barrack.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yes that's exactly what I meant, I spend 8 orbs. But what do you mean by summoning units, I'm just trying expand my barrack.

Price comparison.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Price comparison.

OOOhhhhh, everything makes sense now, thx Vaximillian. One day Sharena will gain the recognition she deserves. I mean she's at least more popular than Rowan and Lianna so there's that.

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

What are the best IVs for Olivia? I'm using +Spd -Atk right now but I also have +Spd -Def and +Spd -Res.

If you are using Olivia purely as a support unit, -Atk is the best. She can still kill Hector with [Ruby, Moonbow, Fury, Vantage] during Hector's second initiation. With that skill set, +HP limits her losses the most against neutral, vanilla units.

If you prefer Olivia to be an offensive unit, she could have [+Atk, -Res, Brave, Luna, L&D, Breaker/Desp.], which will kill Hector unless he is on a defensive tile. You can also substitute L&D with Swift Sparrow to make her less fragile, but she may have trouble facing against other units with her slightly lower offensive stats.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you are using Olivia purely as a support unit, -Atk is the best.

Um no

@Tragonight My Olivia is +Spd -Res 

That's the one you want

Her attack isn't too high, but if you have the option of keeping it untouched then go for that!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Um no

@Tragonight My Olivia is +Spd -Res 

That's the one you want

Her attack isn't too high, but if you have the option of keeping it untouched then go for that!

As a purely support unit, I treat her as a healer and she should not be on the front lines, except for engaging Hector when he is the last enemy. -Atk, +HP limits her losses the most when she is being initiated on by neutral vanilla characters. Giving her neutral Atk is not necessary if her job is not to fight.

Is it true that merging a +1 unit TO a +0 unit will result in the +0 unit going to +2?  I always thought this was not the case, but the wiki says it is...

If so, i've been holding off on merging my +atk/-res Jaffar with my +res/-def one for no reason.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Is it true that merging a +1 unit TO a +0 unit will result in the +0 unit going to +2?  I always thought this was not the case, but the wiki says it is...

If so, i've been holding off on merging my +atk/-res Jaffar with my +res/-defone for no reason.

Yup its true. You can even double check before merging by not pressing confirm as they will show you what the end result would be. 

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Giving her neutral Atk is not necessary if her job is not to fight.

You're right XD

I just have the thinking ingrained into my mind that -Atk stinks

Ultimately, it's tragonights decision!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You're right XD

I just have the thinking ingrained into my mind that -Atk stinks

Ultimately, it's tragonights decision!

Yeah. It takes some getting used to. I used to think -HP was the best bane on everyone, until I used the calculator and it proved me otherwise.

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

Yup its true. You can even double check before merging by not pressing confirm as they will show you what the end result would be. 

Don't know how I had that wrong this whole time.

Another question, I know some people get more stamina potions through My Nintendo Rewards.  If I already did all the achivements (or whatever) for FEH can I get more somehow?  I don't own a wii or 3ds, which I think you need to keep getting points.

Got a Summer Tiki, but she's -Atk/+Spd. Is she worth anything? 

Which skill set should I give her, if I decide to use her or get one with better nature?

Edited by Rinco

33 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Got a Summer Tiki, but she's -Atk/+Spd. Is she worth anything? 

Which skill set should I give her, if I decide to use her or get one with better nature?

-atk is not good, but +spd is.  I don't think the IV is doing you any favors, but it could be worse.  She's not like an S-tier unit, but she could be useful in permadeath events if your best team dies.  So, it depends on if you need a better green axe user or not and how much you want to use Tiki.  If you want to use her all the time, you should probably get a nature without -atk.

On a fresh acc. I got - Atk 5* Reinhardt, and another that's a netural attack 4* Reinhardt, and I got +HP - Res Tharja. I don't know if  I should invest in promoting the Tharja to 5* or promoting the 4* Reinhardt to 5* to merge with my 5* Reinhardt. What to do?

Edited by Altina