"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@Altina I suggest investing in Reinhardt. Tharja wants a Spd boon to reliably use -Blade since her base is rather low at 34. On the other hand, Reinhardt can function with neutral stats in addition to the bonus stats he gains from being merged without needing stat buffs. With 3 Mov and being a blue unit he is also much easier to use.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thane said:

A rookie question before I go to bed: what are "S skills" and how do you get them?

They're "Sacred Seals". They're usually rewards for quests or events.

You can obtain a maximum of one copy of each type of seal (any duplicates are converted into feathers), and you can equip and de-equip them freely on your characters like items.

The currently implemented ones are:

• HP +3
  • Atk +1
  • Spd +1
  • Breath of Life 1
  • Spur Def 1
  • Fortify Res 1
  • Quickened Pulse (decreases your cooldown gauge by 1 at the beginning of your first turn)

39 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Altina I suggest investing in Reinhardt. Tharja wants a Spd boon to reliably use -Blade since her base is rather low at 34. On the other hand, Reinhardt can function with neutral stats in addition to the bonus stats he gains from being merged without needing stat buffs. With 3 Mov and being a blue unit he is also much easier to use.

Yeah, I guess she's better as Rauorblade fodder now, but then again I just remembered she's one of the fastest red mages in the game damn it this is hard. IVs ruining everything. 

Edited by Altina

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

-atk is not good, but +spd is.  I don't think the IV is doing you any favors, but it could be worse.  She's not like an S-tier unit, but she could be useful in permadeath events if your best team dies.  So, it depends on if you need a better green axe user or not and how much you want to use Tiki.  If you want to use her all the time, you should probably get a nature without -atk.

I don't think I really need another Axe user, but I kinda like her.

I have as 5* greens:
Michalis
Minerva
Hawkeye
Merric

On another note, I'd like some thought on what to do with my feathers. I'm approaching 20k again and I have some options:

-Promote a Tharja to 5* to give Leo the Blade+ (he already has normal blade, so it would be 20k feathers for +4 atk on Leo)
-Promote my 4* Cecilia (she's +1 as a 4* and already has Groonblade+, so going up to 5* would be +2 to all stats minus Hp and another one that I don't remember)
-Promote Odin to 5* to give Olwen Blarblade+ (she's currently using Dire Thunder with Desperation+L&D. Don't know if this might be relevant, but I have Reinhard also with Dire Thunder, DB and Lancebreaker.)

Other than that, there's not much that I see myself spending those feathers for now. Any thoughts?

I personally kept my Olwen on Dire Thunder simply because it is unique to her and I wanted to keep it that way.  That, and she can actually quad units with her high speed.  I'd go Leo or Cecilia.  I personally prefer Leo because you can give him all these attack buffs on top of blade+ and he will kill everyone and have survivabillity.  Others prefer Cecilia who is slightly more glassy cannony.  At the end of the day, blade tome users do their job stupid well, it doesn't really matter which one it is.

edit:  I suppose another factor is with all the horse buffs, Cecilia can actually get enough speed to double some.  Still, you're going to need all buffs in play and there will be many  units you wont double.  Blade users don't need to double most of the time, however.

Edited by Lushen

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

Don't know how I had that wrong this whole time.

Another question, I know some people get more stamina potions through My Nintendo Rewards.  If I already did all the achivements (or whatever) for FEH can I get more somehow?  I don't own a wii or 3ds, which I think you need to keep getting points.

I think you can download Miitomo and Mario Run and play those games to get more Points to spend on Heroes. If you get all the achievements from those games as well, the only free way left to get more Points is to use a Nintendo device. You can also buy downloadable games on those devices and you will get Points too. Points from purchasing downloadable games do not expire, but other Points do, so be sure to redeem them for Stamina Potions or something.

Edit: I just checked, Miitomo and Mario Run have daily/repeatable Missions, but they give very few points. And Mario Run is not free.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

Another question, I know some people get more stamina potions through My Nintendo Rewards.  If I already did all the achivements (or whatever) for FEH can I get more somehow?  I don't own a wii or 3ds, which I think you need to keep getting points.

I have access to Miiverse on PC, and accessing it weekly gets me the 30 points. You might be able to do this.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think you can download Miitomo and Mario Run and play those games to get more Points to spend on Heroes. If you get all the achievements from those games as well, the only free way left to get more Points is to use a Nintendo device. You can also buy downloadable games on those devices and you will get Points too. Points from purchasing downloadable games do not expire, but other Points do, so be sure to redeem them for Stamina Potions or something.

I think this is false, and it makes no sense to bring up anyway. You cannot use the Gold Points from making eShop purchases to buy Silver Point rewards (which Stamina Potions are).

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I have access to Miiverse on PC, and accessing it weekly gets me the 30 points. You might be able to do this.

I think this is false, and it makes no sense to bring up anyway. You cannot use the Gold Points from making eShop purchases to buy Silver Point rewards (which Stamina Potions are).

Really? I thought you can.

Edit: Yeah, I cannot. I just spent all my points on Stamina Potions, but they would not let me use my Gold Points.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Really? I thought you can.

Edit: Yeah, I cannot. I just spent all my points on Stamina Potions, but they would not let me use my Gold Points.

I don't think I'll need to worry about running out of Silvers soon enough to test myself anyway.

Though I might've just lost some to expiry...

Hm, so despite the coins having different icons, I can use mario's points to make purchases on FEHeroes?  Odd.  I did make a nintendo account so I can a few orbs every week from there.  Most of the orbs require you to have a Nintendo ID but without a 3ds or wii u, I don't think I can make one.  Oh well, should get some more tomorrow for the quests.

And whens the last time we got light's blessing?  I used to use them all the time because I knew they'd keep coming, but I don't recall the last time I got one.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Hm, so despite the coins having different icons, I can use mario's points to make purchases on FEHeroes?  Odd.

It sounds odd because it isn't actually possible.

There are coins that can be used across all games, but coins obtained from a specific game can only be used for that game. No idea what gold coins are for though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Does Corrin's Dark Breath stack with Seals?

On 29/6/2017 at 0:29 AM, Zangetsu said:

What's the recommended amount of times one should spend on expanding the bracket?

PLZ don't say around 1000, I'm not made of money here.

How about actually "using" said characters somehow (whether it'd be for feathers or skills)? lol

So, is this double SP weekend event going to be every weekend forever, now?  Getting 12 SP per kill on Summer Robin has been great.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

So, is this double SP weekend event going to be every weekend forever, now?  Getting 12 SP per kill on Summer Robin has been great.

It doesn’t state the expiration date in the notification, so it’s relatively safe to assume it’s forever.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It doesn’t state the expiration date in the notification, so it’s relatively safe to assume it’s forever.

That would be nice.  Although, I guess it's just Friday and Saturday, and not the whole weekend.

What's the best option to use in Flier Emblem if one does not have a Spring Camilla? I have Hinoka+Caeda with good IV's (+Atk and +Spd respectively) alongside Minerva and Catria for Ward+Goad, is it better to use a balanced spread or to go full offense with Hone+ 3 Goads?

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're "Sacred Seals". They're usually rewards for quests or events.

You can obtain a maximum of one copy of each type of seal (any duplicates are converted into feathers), and you can equip and de-equip them freely on your characters like items.

The currently implemented ones are:

• HP +3
  • Atk +1
  • Spd +1
  • Breath of Life 1
  • Spur Def 1
  • Fortify Res 1
  • Quickened Pulse (decreases your cooldown gauge by 1 at the beginning of your first turn)

Big thanks. So I'll have to choose the character I give it to, but I can change it at any time? Sounds nice!

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Big thanks. So I'll have to choose the character I give it to, but I can change it at any time? Sounds nice!

Think of them like skill scrolls in Radiant Dawn. You can give one to one unit of your choice whenever you want, and you can take it back and give it to any other unit.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

How about actually "using" said characters somehow (whether it'd be for feathers or skills)? lol

So in other words that thing I've been doing all the along? Even though it cost too much feathers to promote a unit to get a certain skill & I'm low on feathers as its all while I don't have enough room/slots for to make another pull. Well gosh darn it, I'm such a goofball for not notice the obvious. Silly me. :P

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So in other words that thing I've been doing all the along? Even though it cost too much feathers to promote a unit to get a certain skill & I'm low on feathers as its all while I don't have enough room/slots for to make another pull. Well gosh darn it, I'm such a goofball for not notice the obvious. Silly me. :P

Guess I can't speak for everyone... I just always did that, and my roster is looking liek 50 characters or so. Thing is, I have this OCD thing where I just can't stand having so many of them lying around, so I just look to do something about it. That's not to say that didn't go along with rash decisions, like sending away potential good skill-carriers.

^

No I really wish I could something like that, but there's just too much 2nd guessing when it comes to who's worth the promotion & who to just send home.

There's no guessing involved, you just want to be sure of who you really use and those who you won't. Apparently *5'ing people for their last-level skill is an actual thing, but that's somewhat more specific (like L&D 3 & Fury 3). I gave Sanaki Quick Riposte 1, and I never had any issue bringing it to effect, for example.

So this new update is coming up that's going to encourage utilizing 20+ units. Looking around my barracks and I'm seeing a lot of unoptimized units and the one that stands out right now is my Young Tiki who carried me through a lot of early-mid game stuff. She was my first *5 red. She doesn't see much use anymore but it's become apparent to me: she's still vanilla. 

What's a good build for a Young Tiki? She's +ATK/-RES. I just got a *4 Nowi so Lightning Breath+/Fury/Vantage or Quick Ripsoste (Renewal?) with Moonbow is possible but I feel like that just turns her into a Xander with less mov and more spd+magic damage (PLUS I'm also going Fury/Vantage on Camus so that'll be essentially 3 of the same build. Quick Riposte is nice but without a healer chances are it'll only activate once so what good is that? It's apparently the "optimal" build. Swordbreaker is always a nice addition but it just adds 10 or so more OHKO's and she's still getting oneshot by Falchions in most cases. Maybe a Flametongue+ build that beats out Lightning Breath+ exists?

Done yammering, wisdom welcomed.

Edited by Zeo

21 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So this new update is coming up that's going to encourage utilizing 20+ units. Looking around my barracks and I'm seeing a lot of unoptimized units and the one that stands out right now is my Young Tiki who carried me through a lot of early-mid game stuff. She was my first *5 red. She doesn't see much use anymore but it's become apparent to me: she's still vanilla. 

What's a good build for a Young Tiki? She's +ATK/-RES. I just got a *4 Nowi so Lightning Breath+/Fury/Vantage or Quick Ripsoste (Renewal?) with Moonbow is possible but I feel like that just turns her into a Xander with less mov and more spd+magic damage (PLUS I'm also going Fury/Vantage on Camus so that'll be essentially 3 of the same build. Quick Riposte is nice but without a healer chances are it'll only activate once so what good is that? It's apparently the "optimal" build. Swordbreaker is always a nice addition but it just adds 10 or so more OHKO's and she's still getting oneshot by Falchions in most cases. Maybe a Flametongue+ build that beats out Lightning Breath+ exists?

Done yammering, wisdom welcomed.

When I used to use Hector in the Arena, Y!Tiki is the unit I dread to see the most. You can give her Moonbow/Luna, L&D/Swift Sparrow, and Sbreaker/Desp. I personally prefer Moonbow for its quicker activation, and if facing against slower melee enemies it will activate every battle if you do not already kill them in one hit.

For Nowi, Lightning Breath, Moonbow, Fury, QR is the best. There is no reason not to use the best build just because another unit has it.

Your team should rely primarily on one or two Player Phase glass cannons to deal damage. Enemy Phase units should only be used if you cannot find another Player Phase unit to cover your main glass cannons' weaknesses. Enemy Phase units should not have to worry about sustaining more than one or two battles because it is not their job to sweep the enemy team. Treat them as one use landmines rather than walls. As long as your team has a mix of Player and Enemy Phase units, you will be fine.

I would not worry about Falchion users. They die easily to blue mages and I do not see them that often anymore. It is generally not a good idea to make Dragons face Falchion users, just as it is not a good idea to use sword units against lance units.

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

It sounds odd because it isn't actually possible.

There are coins that can be used across all games, but coins obtained from a specific game can only be used for that game. No idea what gold coins are for though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

@Lushen and @MrSmokestack You are right, I was wrong again. I checked the redeemable section and only normal Platinum Points are redeemable across all games. Game specific Platinum Points cannot be used between different games.