"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

14 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

If colorless, Laguz would be the first colorless melee fighters, so there is that distinction.

True, I just hope this is not the case b/c it does not make any sense to me. First off, the laguz are going to need to be split into three off the bat.  This is because fliers will be forced to be split from the other two due to type effectiveness, and they're more likely to separate all 3 than leave 2 in one category and have a third.  There are two possibilities in my mind:

1) Races will be split into colors by their tribe type.  

2) Races will be split into move types by their tribe type and be distributed throughout the color pools randomly.

edit: for completion, I'll throw in three other possabillities, that I don't really believe will happen

3) They will make Laguz the same as regular units, just with maybe a special animation

4) They will make a new nocolor type, giving us four nocolor types.  This is unlikely because they would have an entire type dedicated to two games.  

5) They will make brand new color or colors for the laguz.  This is unlikely because it would shake up the game a little too drastically imo.

In retrospect, (2) is more likely than (1).  

And two possibilities for Herons

1) They will be nocolor units capable of healing and dancing

2) They will be dancers in the color pools capable of normal attacks

(2) seems more likely to me, but (1) would be better imo.

Option X - They will never add laguz because they've only been featured in two games and they're afraid they would confuse the awakening/fates crowd.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

True, I just hope this is not the case b/c it does not make any sense to me. First off, the laguz are going to need to be split into three off the bat.  This is because fliers will be forced to be split from the other two due to type effectiveness, and they're more likely to separate all 3 than leave 2 in one category and have a third.  There are two possibilities in my mind:

1) Races will be split into colors by their tribe type.  

2) Races will be split into move types by their tribe type and be distributed throughout the color pools randomly. 

In retrospect, (2) is more likely than (1).

And two possibilities for Herons

1) They will be nocolor units capable of healing and dancing

2) They will be dancers in the color pools capable of normal attacks

(2) seems more likely to me, but (1) would be better imo.

Option X - They will never add laguz because they've only been featured in two games and they're afraid they would confuse the awakening/fates crowd.

I think colorless melee would be a unique place to fit into but they would be split up into movement types to be sure.

Regarding Herons, i can see dancing being an option but I don't know how they'll do healing unless they combine assist skills or let them heal through ABC skill slots.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think colorless melee would be a unique place to fit into but they would be split up into movement types to be sure.

Regarding Herons, i can see dancing being an option but I don't know how they'll do healing unless they combine assist skills or let them heal through ABC skill slots.

I think they'll just throw Breath of Life on the dancing Heron TBH.  Would be disappointing for sure though.

The only way I could see them making colorless melee for Laguz is if they have totally new mechanics like actually transforming based on turns.  I was picturing them just having a special skill or always being in beast form/always changing into beasts during combat.

Edited by Lushen

Beast tribe as green strike to be weak to fire magic.

Bird tribe as blue strike to be weak to wind magic.

Dragon tribe to be red strike to be weak to thunder magic.

Simple as that.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Simple as that.

I can do one simpler.

12 minutes ago, Lushen said:

The only way I could see them making colorless melee for Laguz is if they have totally new mechanics like actually transforming based on turns.  I was picturing them just having a special skill or always being in beast form/always changing into beasts during combat.

Nix the complicated transformations of Tellius and make them work like the manaketes.

Bam, the laguz are now less complicated than the manaketes.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I can do one simpler.

Nix the complicated transformations of Tellius and make them work like the manaketes.

Bam, the laguz are now less complicated than the manaketes.

Things should be as simple as they can be, but not any simpler. There's no reason to make all Laguz colorless.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Simple as that.

That's what I was thinking originally.  The issue with this theory is you would be getting rid of bows being effective against the Bird Tribe.  This is why I was saying they would split it by movement type - because its viable that Beasts travel as fast as horses while dragons do magic damage instead of physical damage which would mirror game mechanics perfectly. But this would mean they would be distributed randomly through the color pool so not all the blue laguz are fliers and such.

Either way, it'll be interesting.  Probably something they'll implement when people stop playing the game and they need to spike up playtime.

Who should I 5* in preparation for squad assault?  I have a backload of people waiting to receive SI, so none of these will get a lot of investment beyond their default skills.  I have all of these 4* lvl40

Odin (lolno)
Ursla U
Michalis
Felcia
Zephiel
Robin!M
Alfonse

Just looking at these, I would say alfonse and Ursla are the most logical b/c they start with good A skills. That, or Robin b/c his weapon.  Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Things should be as simple as they can be, but not any simpler. There's no reason to make all Laguz colorless.

That's not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting getting rid of the seal idea, and making the laguz like the manaketes, but more logical.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

That's what I was thinking originally.  The issue with this theory is you would be getting rid of bows being effective against the Bird Tribe.  This is why I was saying they would split it by movement type - because its viable that Beasts travel as fast as horses while dragons do magic damage instead of physical damage which would mirror game mechanics perfectly. But this would mean they would be distributed randomly through the color pool so not all the blue laguz are fliers and such.

...I don't get this thought process as all. Why does making all the bird tribes one colour make it hard for them to be weak to bows?

Just now, Lushen said:

Either way, it'll be interesting.  Probably something they'll implement when people stop playing the game and they need to spike up playtime.

There's no reason birds couldn't also be flying. Color and movement type are not mutually exclusive. I also don't see an issue with having all blue Laguz units be flying.

I don't think beast tribe units make sense as cavalry movement. They don't have difficulty traveling through forest, for one.

Red and black dragons deal physical damage.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting getting rid of the seal idea, and making the laguz like the manaketes, but more logical.

I see no reason why the Laguz transformation mechanic should be any different than for dragons. Dragons throughout the series have not been consistent at all for how their transformation works, so there's no reason Heroes needs to be consistent with the source material for Laguz either.

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I don't get this thought process as all. Why does making all the bird tribes one colour make it hard for them to be weak to bows?

That specific spiel was responding to the idea of having them separate into colors by their tribe pool, not the no color thing.

Nocolors is a separate issue.  
- Melee nocolors would seriously make me question why we have nocolors in the first place.
- With four nocolor types, we would likely see a ton of teams without any colors.   The weapon triangle would start being really situational, and less important. 
- Pretty sure a nocolor melee tank would just outright be better than a colored tank in every way.
- Making all Laguz weak to Raven tomes would just make people use more Raven tomes and everyone would be scared to use Laguz
- 20ish Laguz could get very bland if they're all nocolor.  

There's just a lot of reasons.  Basically, I think it would change the game WAY too much.  

The only thing I'm SURE will not happen is IS just making them all Manaketes.  They'd have to go in an edit a ton of text, icons, etc. or it would look clunky. I think if this was their original intention all along, we would have seen Laguz by now and they wouldn't have made it so clear that Manaketes are Manaketes, not beast-races.

I personally would have issue with having all my flying laguz blue.  I can't explain it, but it just doesn't feel right.  You got me on the beats moving through forests, though.  But in PoR and RD they can move just as fast as horses IIRC.  Then again, Thieves could move pretty fast too.

Edited by Lushen

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I see no reason why the Laguz transformation mechanic should be any different than for dragons. Dragons throughout the series have not been consistent at all for how their transformation works, so there's no reason Heroes needs to be consistent with the source material for Laguz either.

The 'more logical' actually comes from their weapons not being able to be moved to a different colour like the various Breaths the manaketes use. I'm saying make them like the manaketes (just transform when in battle) but with the weapon organisation of anything else (blue Talons can only be passed to other blue Talons, same with green Claws and red Breaths... wait a minute)

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

- Pretty sure a nocolor melee tank would just outright be better than a colored tank in every way.

Colorless tanks are easily inferior to colored tanks. The problem is that most units have 50 or so Atk, but the best tanks in the game barely reach 40 Def with Sheena's 36/33 being the best mixed defenses in the game. Using the weapon triangle to tank a few things superbly is far better than not having the weapon triangle and tanking everything mediocrely.

On the other hand, this is the exact reason why colorless offense is good. Nothing has weapon triangle advantage against them to tank hits except Litrraven users.

Two Alm-related questions.

1) My level 34 Alm's base stats are 42/29/27/29/16. Is it too early to tell his boon/bane? (I pulled him on Day 1 and didn't quite get them noted down before he started getting EXP). If it helps, I vaguely recall his Atk being affected.

2) What are some good, quick skills to give him to make him decent for the Tempest Trials? I have yet to teach him anything.

I've got 79 orbs and need to tank up on Heroes and skill fodder. However, should I pull on the summer banner to improve the five star characters I already have, or should I pull for Alm's banner in the hopes of getting them instead?

I just...really don't want to use Alm or Faye...

1 minute ago, Silent shifter said:

Is a Reinhardt with +hp -res worth promoting to 5*?

If you don't have one, why not?  If you get a better IV later, Reinhardt can certainty use the merges.  And I don't see him disappearing from the meta anytime soon.

An Android phone of mine had its CPU fried and is constantly showing the screen that it usually showed while in the process of being turned off. However, it didn't happen instantaneously and over the course of the last couple of days there were instances of where my phone would return to relatively normal standards of function for a brief period of time (30 minutes or so at most at every instance of this happening) before returning to the aforementioned state of being pseudo-shut down. In these brief periods of relatively normal function I could play FEH normally and my progress was being saved even when the period of normal function ended in the middle of me playing with the game treating such occurrences as sudden loses of connection and nothing more. Sadly, these brief periods of normal functionality no longer occur and my phone is seemingly stuck for good in the aforementioned state of being pseudo-shut down. Bear in my mind that all this was occurring while my FEH account was linked to my My Nintendo account ever since I started playing FEH.

Now, suppose I were to get a new phone. What would it take for me keep my progress in FEH over on my new phone? Just redownloading FEH and relinking the same My Nintendo account? Specifically buying another Android? Going ahead and fully transferring all the data from my old phone to the new one? Some combination of these things?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

I got a Boey out of the latest banner. Pretty nice since I was hoping to pull either him or Mae, but sadly he seems to be -speed/+resistence. Is the character worth something with this boon/bane? 23 speed looks pretty painful and his resistence still isn't something worth bragging about.

I'm not sure if I should pull right now.

I don't have one of the 40% units yet, and I'm thinking I should try to now. But some of the summer units are certainly interesting in gameplay, and they mostly cover niches I don't have in 5*. 

So should I pull for an Echoes unit now?