"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Since I'm not pulling from the summer banner, it looks like my best options for bonus characters are either Legion or Peri.

• The only I have Peri is 4* -Atk, +Res, but I could easily just include her on my current arena Horse Team and try to keep her out of combat.
  • Legion is 4* +2. However I'd have to build a new team to support him.

Which of these options would be better, and what's a decent skillset for each of them?

I'd throw either Hone or Fortify Cavalry on Peri and just have her buff and pick off the occasional enemy.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Erchamion said:

Which nature is better for Leo +speed -hp or neutral? not sure which one to merge.

[+Spd, -HP] is better, so sacrifice your neutral one. However, you might want to have multiple copies of the same hero for Squad Assault.

[+Spd, -Def] and [+Spd, -Res] are his best nature.

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Since I'm not pulling from the summer banner, it looks like my best options for bonus characters are either Legion or Peri.

• The only I have Peri is 4* -Atk, +Res, but I could easily just include her on my current arena Horse Team and try to keep her out of combat.
  • Legion is 4* +2. However I'd have to build a new team to support him.

Which of these options would be better, and what's a decent skillset for each of them?

Peri: Brave Lance, Dragon Fang/Luna, Life and Death, Lancebreaker/Desperation, Hone Cavalry/Fortify Cavalry
Dragon Fang and Luna can be substituted with Draconic Aura. Life and Death can be substituted with Swift Sparrow or Fury.

Legion: Brave Axe, Dragon Fang/Luna, Life and Death, Axebreaker/Desperation
Dragon Fang and Luna can be substituted with Draconic Aura. Life and Death can be substituted with Swift Sparrow or Fury.

If you did not know, promoting a 4* to 5* eliminates all merges. 4*+2 promotes to 5*+0, while promoting all 4* to 5*, and then merging them will give you 5*+2. Merging Legion at 4* is a bit of a waste in my opinion since you can take advantage of Double SP weekend and he will have all the SP he needs to learn his most important skills.

For Assists, you can give them Draw Back or Reposition.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Got a Summer Robin today, but she's -Spd (34 Spd with Fury on max lvl). Probably not good for going with Desperation, so what would work on her B skill? 
Maybe some -breaker or QR, since she's kinda bulky to take some hits and kill on counter? Or Desperation can work with that speed?

Robin: Brave Lance, Luna, Life and Death, Lancebreaker

Summer!F!Robin is not a great enemy phase unit. She should still be a player phase unit with -Spd.

Edited by XRay

Does Dragon Fang stack with your "normal" attack? Like, let's you hit 6x2, and you activate it on your 2nd hit. Would that make 6 + 6 (+Dragon Fang)?

21 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Does Dragon Fang stack with your "normal" attack? Like, let's you hit 6x2, and you activate it on your 2nd hit. Would that make 6 + 6 (+Dragon Fang)?

In a sense, yes. Dragon Fang adds 50% of your attack to your damage dealt, so let's say you have 48 attack and are attacking an enemy with 42 defense and no WT is in effect, you do 6 damage on the first hit, and 6+(0.5*48)=6+24=30 damage on the second hit.

3 hours ago, Erchamion said:

Which nature is better for Leo +speed -hp or neutral? not sure which one to merge.

+Spd/-Hp is marginally better both offensively and defensively (this is only noticable when he has buffs up, though, 25 speed with a boon is terrible, so, normally, he gets doubled by everything and relies on his Sophia level bulk to survive).

Either is fine, to be perfectly honest, you can even not merge and just save him to give QR to people---at least until you pull a +Atk version.

Fun fact: Leo with +Spd/-Atk has 25/25 offenses.

Pulled a +Speed/Def- 4 star Boey. Mostly likely won't be 5 staring him but since he's the only Echoes unit I have, I have to train him for the upcoming Tempest Trials. I feel like he's gonna be a pain to use in TT given that you want to clear maps quickly and his 27 speed isn't that great. What is a budget set for him to hit hard?

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

What is a budget set for Boey to hit hard?

Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker fix both his low Atk and low Spd, though any breaker can be used depending on what you want Boey to check more. Other than that, a -Raven tome expands his coverage even if you can't get + on it.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:27 PM, Kaden said:

Go with +Spd, -Res. +Atk is great, but -Spd is bad when she also wants speed so she can double as many units as she can, especially infantry units. If she were a 5*, she'd get 56 wins, 4 losses, and 86 draws without her default passives while +Atk, -Spd gets 48 wins, 4 losses, and 94 wins. For comparison, a neutral Kagero would get 45 wins, 4 losses, and 97 draws.

Basically, +Spd means she can get 33 attack and speed as a 4* while +Atk, -Spd means she gets 36 attack and 27 speed as a 4* which is high attack for a dagger unit, but really low speed for a dagger unit. 5* with +Spd means 35 attack and speed, so, a dagger Cordelia while +Atk, -Spd 5* Kagero would have 38 attack, but 29 speed which would kind of be like a +Spd Cherche, but without access to a Brave weapon, weapon triangle advantage, or Cherche's bulk.

Also, this long-winded post I just made that mentions what a +Spd, -Res Kagero with L&D3 is capable of along with +Atk, -Res Kagero who is better than +Spd, -Res Kagero: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68256-fire-emblem-heroes-general-discussion-and-links/&page=804#comment-4902235.

Thanks! That's a pretty good analysis. I was wondering if LnD would be a good fit for her, so it's nice to see others think so as well. It would be LnD 2 if I did that. With that setup, the +Atk/-Spd one gets 93 wins on the offensive vs. +Spd/-Res getting 99. So that gives the +Spd one an edge. But the +Spd one also starts losing more matchups on the offensive. The +Atk one can take both Ryoma and Celica, while the +Spd one loses to both on the offensive. Also, the +Spd one starts losing the capacity to tank mages, particularly when natures and skills are factored in.

Looking a bit more closely at the wins the +Atk one is missing out on, most of them aren't that important (e.g., Alm, Arthur, M!Corrin, Ogma, Est, Roy), and some are somewhat important (e.g., Olwen, Ursula, Y!Tiki, F!Corrin). But the +Spd one is missing out on some important ones, like Ryoma, Lucina/Masked Marth, Celica, and is in a precarious position against Nowi.

So, in the end, I opted for the +Atk one, since the number of kills are pretty comparable and the +Atk has some better kills and fares better when tanking mages, which is something I'd like for her to be able to do. I appreciate the help!

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

In a sense, yes. Dragon Fang adds 50% of your attack to your damage dealt, so let's say you have 48 attack and are attacking an enemy with 42 defense and no WT is in effect, you do 6 damage on the first hit, and 6+(0.5*48)=6+24=30 damage on the second hit.

okay yeah im dum

Edited by Soul~!

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker fix both his low Atk and low Spd, though any breaker can be used depending on what you want Boey to check more. Other than that, a -Raven tome expands his coverage even if you can't get + on it.

Thanks. I think I'll give him Bowbreaker to take ranged physical attacks. He'll still have the highest defense on my team despite having a defense bane.

Gonna try new units this time to raise some Hero Merit.

25 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is Olivia worth promoting even if you have another 5 star unit?

No.  From what I hear, Olivia is just as good as a 4* as she is a 5*.  In addition, you can +10 her as a 4* pretty easily, which would technically be better.  Additionally, she is not the best dancer in the world, so you can just use her as a 4* until you pull Azura or a better dancer that comes in the near future.

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

If I want to keep Alfonse's weapon, how can I make him useful?  His speed is just so low he isn't working for me mright now.

Alfonse's weapon is pretty bad compared to other exclusive weapons. If you want to keep it, I would go with [Moonbow, DC, QR] to take advantage of its high might. That will be almost as good as [B Sword, D Fang, Death Blow, Sbreaker] against neutral, vanilla characters.

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

Thanks. I think I'll give him Bowbreaker to take ranged physical attacks. He'll still have the highest defense on my team despite having a defense bane.

Gonna try new units this time to raise some Hero Merit.

I recommend [Raven, Moonbow, TA, QR] so he can kill more colorless on enemy phase. He is going to eat a lot of counter attacks anyway, so he might as well let the enemy initiate first so he can hit twice and kill more colorless.

Breakers are more suited for Player Phase builds in my opinion, and Raven builds are more Enemy Phase builds since they can take advantage of QR.

37 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Unless you are a whale, do not promote her. She is pretty easy to get to 4*+10, and 4*+10 is the about the same as 5*+5. She is also the only Dancer who can take down Hector, but you do not need to give her 5* for that.

Edited by XRay

Just now, XRay said:

Alfonse's weapon is pretty bad compared to other exclusive weapons. If you want to keep it, I would go with [Moonbow, DC, QR] to take advantage of its high might. That will be almost as good as [B Sword, D Fang, Death Blow, Sbreaker] against neutral, vanilla characters.]

His weapon would be fine on a lot of people, just not himself.  The issue is his speed is so low he gets doubled and dies to most attackers.  The reason I don't want to give him a new weapon, is I don't want to have to promote someone else too for his new weapon.  DC is not going to happen for the same reason.  Quick Riposte is a good idea though.  Either that or vantage...

Just now, Lushen said:

His weapon would be fine on a lot of people, just not himself.  The issue is his speed is so low he gets doubled and dies to most attackers.  The reason I don't want to give him a new weapon, is I don't want to have to promote someone else too for his new weapon.  DC is not going to happen for the same reason.  Quick Riposte is a good idea though.  Either that or vantage...

Yeah, his weapon is suited on somebody else.

There is Fury 3. That should allow him to handle close range units better.

I prefer QR since it kills more units, whereas Vantage needs him to be at a lower health and it may not always kill things.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend [Raven, Moonbow, TA, QR] so he can kill more colorless on enemy phase. He is going to eat a lot of counter attacks anyway, so he might as well let the enemy initiate first so he can hit twice and kill more colorless.

I unfortunately don't have any Subaki's. Never pulled one and the two we got for free are already gone.

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

I unfortunately don't have any Subaki's. Never pulled one and the two we got for free are already gone.

That is unfortunate. I hope you draw a few of him in the future. QR is really good, especially on Raven builds.

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is unfortunate. I hope you draw a few of him in the future. QR is really good, especially on Raven builds.

Yeah, I've only realized recently how good it is on defensive units/builds. Hopefully pulling for Mae will net me some Subaki's in the process. Or Shanna for that matter. Never gotten her either. I would gladly trade my 5* Chrom for a 4* Shanna if I could. To be fair, I've gotten lucky on some of my 5* pulls so I can't complain too much.

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Who else do you have that you can promote? Olivia is a solid 5* candidate even if she can already put in work as a 3*.

So, pretty generic/stupid question, but...

I didn't care much about SI until I had trouble clearing TT. I used to spend all my units' SP on their default skills and go with it until then. Now I want to make an effective team and I started reading FEH's wikia for builds and strategies, but to learn those skills I need both a 4* or 5* unit (the later is very hard to obtain even if I evolve my units) and enough Hero Feathers. Getting enough Hero Feathers is a hard task, requires a good amount of arena grinding (that, in turn, requires good team compositions that, in turn, require good skill compositions and HFs, and here I find myself stuck in a vicious circle) and even then, assuming I have the necessary units + HF for SI, I have issues with getting the required SP for all of the necessary skills. I am also F2P and intend to keep it that way.

I don't know which ways are more effective for enjoying the most of SI and building teams that don't get obliterated on certain GHBs and TT.

Edited by Rapier