"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They replaced the arena quests (with dozens of stamina potions and dueling crests) and I hope they don’t go away. Today they give an orb!

Well, aren't you easy to please?

So we have no end date on them? Interesting...

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a general question here. Why do Cavalry get Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward skills (and not infantry)? For Armors and Fliers, you would correctly say that they lack the diversity of Infantry (no healers or ranged units outside of S!Camilla) so it makes sense to reward a player that only uses one movement type, but Cavalry have the whole bag, with melee, ranged and healers (only missing physical ranged and magic melee). Yes, they can't move over forests but they have the movement range bonus to compensate. I feel like only Fliers and Armors really needed the buffs and the flexibility of cavalry makes Horse Emblem so prominent.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I feel like only Fliers and Armors really needed the buffs and the flexibility of cavalry makes Horse Emblem so prominent.

Without buffs, horse emblem kind of...

Stinks

Sure, Xander on a defense tile is great, but other people like Camus don't have MONSTROUS defenses, or psycho speed. But once you give Camus Hone, he gets to be a lot better, even crazy at times! (Fury Camus gets 42 speed with Hone buff)

Not to mention, Cavalry team can move 3 spaces, but not being able to move through trees has actually made it a lot better for me in some cases (when fighting them). Also, mounted units have a lower BST to compensate, and there aren't that many with great stats to boot. You can't run Quad Olwen without a Hone Buff! Gronnblade Cecilia doesn't kill as much without the full buffs from hone and fortify! Same goes for Blarblade Ursula! Also, if you're running a FULL cavalry team, you forfeit a dancer slot. It's hard for dancers to keep up with 3 spaces!

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Just a general question here. Why do Cavalry get Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward skills (and not infantry)? For Armors and Fliers, you would correctly say that they lack the diversity of Infantry (no healers or ranged units outside of S!Camilla) so it makes sense to reward a player that only uses one movement type, but Cavalry have the whole bag, with melee, ranged and healers (only missing physical ranged and magic melee). Yes, they can't move over forests but they have the movement range bonus to compensate. I feel like only Fliers and Armors really needed the buffs and the flexibility of cavalry makes Horse Emblem so prominent.

Cavalry is terrible without Hone/Fortify. Just compare their stats to infantry units. Their mages are comparable to the worst infantry mages. Their movement means nothing if they cannot use it to kill things.

My Fae's stats are 34/24/21/18/22 at level 27. Is our knowledge of growth rates reliable enough to guess at her boon/bane combination now, or am I best waiting until I pack a few more levels before trying to guess?

29 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My Fae's stats are 34/24/21/18/22 at level 27. Is our knowledge of growth rates reliable enough to guess at her boon/bane combination now, or am I best waiting until I pack a few more levels before trying to guess?

Wait until around level 35 and ask again

I can't really determine much from this, but here's what she needs for neutral:

13 more levels

12 points in HP for neutral HP (she might be -HP)

9 more attack for neutral attack

7 more speed for neutral speed (+Spd might be possible)

7 more defense for neutral defense (+Def is also possible)

8 more Res for neutral Res

52 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I can be fairly certain that she is +Spd/-Res. Someone on Reddit started a stat database to help people like you figure out what their boon/bane is at any level that I contribute to on the regular. In fact, I was the one that put in Fae's -Res. 

Also I'm wanting to build Est at 5*. I have a brave lance+ to give her but do I use the +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-Res? The other will have to wait for another lance indefinitely. She is going to have to be flexible enough to fit on many teams and I also frequently run buffs. I was leaning toward the Atk one. 

My box is full again and I'm trying to clear out clutter. I have several Niles and warding blow seems so-so. Iceberg, however, seems nice. I want to put a special on Titania and I saw she had 30 res

Is this worth while? It's +15, that seems good? If not, what sort of res stats should I be looking for.

Just now, r_n said:

My box is full again and I'm trying to clear out clutter. I have several Niles and warding blow seems so-so. Iceberg, however, seems nice. I want to put a special on Titania and I saw she had 30 res

Is this worth while? It's +15, that seems good? If not, what sort of res stats should I be looking for.

Niles is great Iceberg fodder, and 30 Res is more or less ideal since it adds 15 damage to her attacks. Feel free to keep as many Niles as you think you might need.

2 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

Can someone clarify what quick riposte does?

And do breaker skills guarantee doubling the weapon type?

QR: If someone attacks you, you will double them in return so long as you have the right HP threshold

Breakers: It varies. In most cases so long as you have the right HP, yes, every time no matter player phase or enemy phase. But there's some fringe cases that are best explained by the wiki http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Breaker

19 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Delthea is blue. It’s Sonya who is green.

Sonya is a defensive mage not unlike Julia, but exactly 5 Spd faster.

Emmm.... let me detail my question. Should I satisfied with Olwen,and wait for  banner with Julia and hopefully got Nino in the way,or should I snipe for Delthea ? I'm always sniping. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

9 hours ago, Apples said:

I can be fairly certain that she is +Spd/-Res. Someone on Reddit started a stat database to help people like you figure out what their boon/bane is at any level that I contribute to on the regular. In fact, I was the one that put in Fae's -Res. 

Level 36- 40/30/28/25/27. @Oboro! was right, -HP. Whether she's +Spd or +Def is still up in the air (she's on her = in both, meaning that whichever stat she gains next is her boon).

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Level 36- 40/30/28/25/27. @Oboro! was right, -HP. Whether she's +Spd or +Def is still up in the air (she's on her = in both, meaning that whichever stat she gains next is her boon).

Booyah!

So next time you get into a jam like that, you can kind of gauge how it's going to go by saying "If they are neutral they'll gain x stats in x levels" as a baseline. Both of those boons are good btw!

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The spreadsheet data is rather incomplete so admittedly, my conclusion was based on what was there. Trying to extrapolate anything else is pretty not recommended. 

Can't really go wrong with any possible boon though. Congrats on getting her. I wish mine was -Hp...

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Can anyone tell me what Phantom Speed does?

I thought it meant whoever has the superior speed gains an additional +5 speed but clearly that isn't the case.

when a unit with Phantom Speed has a skill that compares speed or is fighting a unit that has a skill that compares speed (such as Windsweep and Watersweep), the unit with Phantom Speed gets +5 speed in the context of calculating if Windsweep and Watersweep effect will trigger or not. 

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

when a unit with Phantom Speed has a skill that compares speed or is fighting a unit that has a skill that compares speed (such as Windsweep and Watersweep), the unit with Phantom Speed gets +5 speed in the context of calculating if Windsweep and Watersweep effect will trigger or not. 

But I thought the sweeps skills don't apply/activate unless said unit's speed is superior?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

But I thought the sweeps skills don't apply/activate unless said unit's speed is superior?

If a unit with a sweep skill has the higher Spd with Phantom Spd factored in, then yes, the Sweep skill will apply.

Phantom Spd can be used to improve the effectiveness of your own Sweep skills as well as fend off opposing Sweep skills.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Exactly 

So phantom speed gives you 5 more to activate the effect a little easier 

For example:

+Spd Fury Alm hits a neutral speed Lucina. Alm has even speed with her, so windsweep doesn't activate

If Alm had Phantom speed, his speed would be increased by 5 when calculating the sweep skill and then it would activate! 

Just now, Zangetsu said:

hrm..maybe example will be better here?

Alm with Windsweep and 30 speed versus Tobin who has 27 speed. 

normally, Windsweep would not be able to activate here, since the difference in speed has to be >= 5. however, if Alm had Phantom Speed, then his speed for the calculation of Windsweep would be 35 instead of 30, allowing Windsweep's effect to trigger.

aaand i'm sure i just got ninja'd lol

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

normally, Windsweep would not be able to activate here, since the difference in speed has to be >= 5. however, if Alm had Phantom Speed, then his speed for the calculation of Windsweep would be 35 instead of 30, allowing Windsweep's effect to trigger.

Quick reminder that your example uses Windsweep 1. Windsweep 3 only requires a difference of 1 Spd to trigger @Zangetsu

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Quick reminder that your example uses Windsweep 1. Windsweep 3 only requires a difference of 1 Spd to trigger @Zangetsu

oh crap. i thought it was 1 speed difference but i wasn't entirely sure so i went and looked it up on the Wiki, but accidentally ended up looking at the level 1 version since i just ctrl-f'd "windsweep."

41 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Exactly 

So phantom speed gives you 5 more to activate the effect a little easier 

For example:

+Spd Fury Alm hits a neutral speed Lucina. Alm has even speed with her, so windsweep doesn't activate

If Alm had Phantom speed, his speed would be increased by 5 when calculating the sweep skill and then it would activate! 

40 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

42 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If a unit with a sweep skill has the higher Spd with Phantom Spd factored in, then yes, the Sweep skill will apply.

Phantom Spd can be used to improve the effectiveness of your own Sweep skills as well as fend off opposing Sweep skills.

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh so in other words, the seals is useless to me since I don't actually have any of the Sweeps skills

FFFFFAAAAANNNNNTTTTAAAASSSSTTTTTIIIICCCCC.    :dry:

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Oh so in other words, the seals is useless to me since I don't actually have any of the Sweeps skills

FFFFFAAAAANNNNNTTTTAAAASSSSTTTTTIIIICCCCC.    :dry:

The sweep skills suck eggs anyway since you can't double the enemy when you attack so you're not missing out on much there :p