"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also she's cute. (But Linde's cuter.)

My Mae in Echoes was very useful, being my Celica route MVP (the lower amount of enemies on Celica's route means she actually got less kills than Delthea despite greater availability), and yeah, she's cute.

I have no such history with Linde.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I find the Spd boost to be far more important than the defensive boosts. It basically lets already fast mages Spd creep against the fastest of the fast to pull off the Desperation kill, and lets the slightly less fast mages get the Spd to match the already fast mages.

The boost to defenses, while small, can actually matter when attempting to activate Desperation, though this is more for non-Arena content, since the goal is to survive with at least 1 HP remaining (and not to tank a million enemies), and almost all of the top infantry mages have physical bulk right on the edge of being one-hit killed by random archers.

The fastest of the fast tend to be rather frail, meaning stacking buffs allows -blade to OHKO what -owl needs to speed creep. It's the same reason why high mixed-offense brave users are good: You're either slow enough to get hit four times, or fast and frail, therefore dead in the first two hits. Same for -blade, you either get doubled, or you get OHKOd. (Actually, the most common outcome is that you get doubled and OHKOd.)

Moreover, Owl's problem is that its buffs simply aren't enough, numbers wise, compared to -blade. 2 people standing next to the -owl is 4 speed, 4 atk. +4/+4 to both -owl and -blade is 4 Atk, 4 Speed for -owl, and 12 Atk, 4 Speed for -blade.

Owl: 10 Mt, 4 Atk, 4 Spd, +4/+4.

-Blade: 13 Mt, +4/+4, 8 Atk.

Owl has 4 extra speed, 1 less special charge, -blade has 3 + 8 = 11 more Atk. Even if we assume 1 special charge cd is worth 4 Atk (which killer weapons demonstrates it's not), 7 Atk is still worth more than 4 speed for most units.

Regarding defense boost for desperation, you can probably run Fury 3, tank the -2/-2 compared L&D, and just guarantee it after 2 combats regardless (Or a single combat if you have someone with Ardent, since Fury 3 drops hp, you can simply Ardent into desperation range for whoever needs it). Fury 3 over L&D is also an 8 defense/res swing, meaning anything -owl would let you tank, Fury 3 should let you tank, assuming you don't suddenly get doubled from the speed drop.*

*Weird and unrelated---Fury 3 Nino gets more wins than L&D Nino for -blade, mostly because she gets OHKOd less. Even under desperation range her sheer attack power after +4/+4 means that Fury 3 only loses 1 win compared to L&D, that's interesting. (I really need to pick up a Hone Spd from somewhere other than my only Eirika.)

Some matchup numbers:

Leo, for example, would need 3 people standing next to him at all times just to match -blade. -Blade, L&D, +6/+6 gets 112 W, 2 L. -Owl, L&D, +6/+6, Moonbow, 3 people standing next to him, gets 111 W, 0L. Both have +Atk nature. Admittedly, Owl performs better if: You somehow have people standing next to the -blade user without providing buffs. Odin with 3 people standing next to him, L&D, R-Tomebreaker, +Atk, -owl, gets 99 wins. -Blade needs +4/+4 to catch up, whereupon -blade gets 118 wins vs. -owl's 117. Without buffs, -blade Odin only gets 35 wins for obvious, 22 base Atk related reasons.

These two examples are units with either: Passable Atk, low Speed, in Leo's case, or Passable Speed, low Atk, in Odin's case.

But, even for Nino, it's the same for her as well. After +4/+4 for both tomes, L&D -blade outperforms L&D Owl with 3 people standing next to her(+Atk nature). 6 speed, 3 atk, (+6 speed, +6 Atk, -3 MT) simply doesn't compare to the sheer power 8 extra Atk after +4/+4 on a -blade user gives you. -Blade Nino gets 142 wins under desperation range, -Owl gets 137.

-Owl mostly outperforms -Blade on offense in the strange case where: you can only get a single speed or Atk buff, and you can consistently get at least 2 people standing around your mage. Every time +4/+4 (or +6/+6 from class buffs) are available, -blade becomes the clear leader in terms of offenses.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, most people don't have access to Close Counter and many people don't have access to Reinhardt. You don't have to keep pulling that card out like it's going out of style.

The reason CC Vantage is strong on Reinhardt isn't because of Reinhardt, it's because of -blade. -blade is so strong that Reinhardt could afford to sacrifice his A-slot, usually the most important slot in terms of match ups, and still be insane. Even Leo gets 110 OHKOs after +6 all stats. (Even my crappy -Atk Leo, who loses 4 Atk, manages 99 OHKOs.)

Edit: This means CC Vantage's ridiculousness is hiding -blade's ridiculousness. Since the 'typical' -blade cavalry build would just go L&D or Fury 3 in the A-slot, for even more player phase offense.

Edit: Mind, I'm not saying -owl's a bad tome. It's good enough that the units using them tend to end up 'alright,' that is, usable. It just doesn't compare to the level of buffs -blade gives its users. If it had been +3 all stats per person it might've been comparable, but +2 just feels way too little considering teams only have 4 units, a maximum of 3 people standing next to any given unit.

Edited by DehNutCase

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Mind, I'm not saying -owl's a bad tome. It's good enough that the units using them tend to end up 'alright,' that is, usable. It just doesn't compare to the level of buffs -blade gives its users. If it had been +3 all stats per person it might've been comparable, but +2 just feels way too little considering teams only have 4 units, a maximum of 3 people standing next to any given unit.

When I already have a Blade Linde and a Darkaura Delthea, 'usable' is all I need.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

When I already have a Blade Linde and a Darkaura Delthea, 'usable' is all I need.

Yeah, I've already mentioned a few posts back that -owl Mae is more or less a 34/33 mage so long as you can consistently get one person next to her, which is pretty good. (34/33 because Owl loses 4 MT compared to Prfs, despite gaining 2 Atk, 2 Spd.)

Edit: Tharja, for example, gets by with worse. (Mind, she has -blade by default...)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Tharja, for example, gets by with worse. (Mind, she has -blade by default...)

Memories of using Tharja before I knew what -blade did. Still murdered quite a bit, though that was Normal story mode.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Memories of using Tharja before I knew what -blade did. Still murdered quite a bit, though that was Normal story mode.

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

-Owl mostly outperforms -Blade on offense in the strange case where: you can only get a single speed or Atk buff, and you can consistently get at least 2 people standing around your mage.

1. Random note: This is literally the exact case my Tempest Trials team is in. I run two two-man cells that have minimal buffs between cells. Tharja and Mae only pick up Hone Spd 3 from each other, and Cecilia and Elise only pick up Hone Cavalry from each other, with only Elise providing Fortify Res 1 that is shared.
  2. Blarowl's main use to me, as I've already said, is Spd manipulation. In this case, a +9 Mae [+Spd] (Life and Death 3) is exactly 9 Spd short of double attacking the current Tempest Trial's Celica if Celica has +4 Spd from buffs (which is the most she can have if you can guarantee the left ranged unit dies on the counterattack). Being 9 Spd short means you can make up the difference with the Speed +1 seal, a Hone Spd 3 buff (that Tharja is providing) and 2 adjacent allies (which is easy to set up on the first turn due to the fixed enemy types). This Spd difference could not have been surmounted with Blarblade without using Spur Spd 3, which my team obviously doesn't have space for.

Litrowl is basically there for when you need a Spd boost to double attack and Litrblade doesn't provide you with enough firepower to kill in a single hit, which is possible with Tempest Trials's inflated stats, but somewhat less likely in the Arena.

Ohayo! Haven't been on here in... weeks atleast, but I was wondering about something and I could use your help :3.

I recently pulled a Saber and Shield Pulse looks really interesting! I was thinking of putting it on:

Bridal Charlotte/Cordelia

Weapon: Brave Lance/Bow

Assist: Draw Back

Special: Miracle

A: Life or Death

B: Shield Pulse

C: Open

Now I was wondering, how would the interaction with Shield Pulse and Miracle be. I assume the cooldown reduction of -2 gets applied, since Miracle activates on the opponents attack. But what about the "Unit takes 5 less damage when special triggers" part? Could it be that Miracle could activate, yet could leave my unit with 2-5 health theoretically? 

I'm trying to get my hands on a top tier green mage. I have Soren already but he just seems very meh to me. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a build I'm overlooking. I have like 4 nino and they are all -spd. I'm trying to figure out should I spend the orbs on Nino or Sonya. 

Whose cheaper to build and who is better overall?

13 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I'm trying to get my hands on a top tier green mage. I have Soren already but he just seems very meh to me. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a build I'm overlooking. I have like 4 nino and they are all -spd. I'm trying to figure out should I spend the orbs on Nino or Sonya. 

Whose cheaper to build and who is better overall?

Soren has 3 less speed than Nino and they have the same ATK (both Neutral), so -SPD Nino will end up about the same as him, just with a better weapon. Sonya also has 33 ATK and 2 less speed than Nino, but she does have a pretty good personal weapon I'd say. What are Soren's and Sonya's boons and banes?

Maybe someone can answer this question pertaining to items: Do the Crystal and Shard item types have limits? I'm currently at 99,934 Universal Crystals and am wondering if I'll cap them or they can go past 6 digits.

9 hours ago, Birdy said:

Soren has 3 less speed than Nino and they have the same ATK (both Neutral), so -SPD Nino will end up about the same as him, just with a better weapon. Sonya also has 33 ATK and 2 less speed than Nino, but she does have a pretty good personal weapon I'd say. What are Soren's and Sonya's boons and banes?

Soren is +Spd/-HP and I'm asking if I should use orbs for Sonya or Nino 

1 hour ago, Sleypnyr said:

Soren is +Spd/-HP and I'm asking if I should use orbs for Sonya or Nino 

Nino is superior.

4 hours ago, JHufself said:

Maybe someone can answer this question pertaining to items: Do the Crystal and Shard item types have limits? I'm currently at 99,934 Universal Crystals and am wondering if I'll cap them or they can go past 6 digits.

Maybe the limit is 999,999. I’m at 132,450 crystals now.

1 minute ago, SSbardock84 said:

If I merged two Four Star Berkuts and then changed him into a Five Star Berkut would he still have 40+ when I level him up to that?

No, merge levels do not carry over on promotion.

@FireEmblemMemeStar Please submit questions under this thread. Anyway, in response to your thread, train Nino, Tharja, B!Cordelia, and Olivia as soon as possible. I am not sure if you have Olivia, but she can be obtained for free from the Special Maps on certain days.

Nino
Gronnblade, Reposition/Draw Back, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation, Hone Speed/Hone Attack/Savage Blow

Tharja
Rauðrblade, Reposition/Draw Back, Moonbow
Life and Death, Breaker/Desperation, Hone Speed/Hone Attack/Savage Blow

B!Cordelia
Brave Bow, Reposition/Draw Back, Luna
Life and Death, Breaker/Desperation, Hone Speed/Hone Attack/Savage Blow

Olivia
Ruby Sword, Dance, Moonbow
Fury, Vantage, Hone Attack
Fortify Res 1 Sacred Seal

Edited by XRay

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site so sorry if I mess anything up in advance. Anyways I've been playing a lot of Heroes recently and I've noticed that in later challenges like hard/infernal hero battles, squad assault, higher level chain battles and etc I've been not doing so well. I have a lot of five stars with competitive skills but I didn't have the sp to get them all the skills so I've been grinding for xp. I was hoping that some of you could help me with a team comp based off of My units listed below. Thank you all so much. 

-M

Eldigan, Xander, Camus, Priscilla, Caeda, Tharja, Cordelia, Nowi, Hecor, Sonya, Merric, Nino, Faye and Bridal Cordelia are all five stars. Also please recommend other units that I should summon for to go with these units. Anywhere from 1 to 3 teams would be greatly appreciated for squad assault and chain challenges. Thanks

-M