"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I asked this a while ago when my Frederick was +3

He is +5 now.  At this point, would it be beneficial to give him Kagero's poison dagger instead of giving Gaius her poison dagger?  Due to him being a special unit, he serves very little utility in arena but regular Gaius doesn't appear very often either.  From a PVE standpoint, is a +5 summer!frederick better than a regular Gaius with poison strike or should I give him Mathew's defensive dagger?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

If I run Nino with the comp I'm thinking or even swap one of them out with an Olivia, does Delthea's Drive Atk stack with Hone or is it one or the other? I don't have a Life & Death 3 option, so probably just going to settle for 2. Don't want to 5 Star a Hana at the moment. Unless you think it's absolutely worth investing 42k feathers into this build. I'd have to get Hana up from a 3 star. 

If you are only settling for Life and Death 2, then I would save Hana and wait until you feel comfortable to make her 5* and then pass on Life and Death 3. Fury 3 is not as good as Life and Death 2, but I would not casually sacrifice Hana unless you have a whole stack of her and need to free up some space.

With the right nature, in my opinion, Life and Death 3 is absolutely worth it, especially on top tier glass cannons like +Spd Nino.

Drive Atk stacks with everything. However, you may still want to bring a Hone Attack on another teammate since Blades only add buffs that makes the stats look blue into their extra damage effect.

9 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

So, I have been able to do a few summoning sessions lately, and got an awful lot of blues (Roderick, Cordelia, Reinhardt, Odin, Jakob, Effie) to work with. My latest is Odin, any my question is simply this - should I even invest in him? I have a 4* Ursula and 4* MRobin maxed out and just pulled my first Reinhardt. I feel like he should just ride the pine a lot, as he doesn't bring anything new to the table those three can't do. Any input?

Odin is an awesome unit to cannibalize for your other units because he has Blárblade, Moonbow, and Red Tomebreaker. Odin himself is not so good.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I asked this a while ago when my Frederick was +3

He is +5 now.  At this point, would it be beneficial to give him Kagero's poison dagger instead of giving Gaius her poison dagger?  Due to him being a special unit, he serves very little utility in arena but regular Gaius doesn't appear very often either.  From a PVE standpoint, is a +5 summer!frederick better than a regular Gaius with poison strike or should I give him Mathew's defensive dagger?

What is his nature? If his offensive stats are higher than Gaius+0 (I am assuming that is what you are comparing him to), then he would be a good candidate.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

So, I have been able to do a few summoning sessions lately, and got an awful lot of blues (Roderick, Cordelia, Reinhardt, Odin, Jakob, Effie) to work with. My latest is Odin, any my question is simply this - should I even invest in him? I have a 4* Ursula and 4* MRobin maxed out and just pulled my first Reinhardt. I feel like he should just ride the pine a lot, as he doesn't bring anything new to the table those three can't do. Any input?

I run Reinhardt with a Xander (with Hone Calvary) Reinhardt pretty much carries everything. Don't even need a full Calvary team, you just get him the buff and he'll handle the rest. There is like only a handful of Green Units that can fight him with base kits. That isn't always true either, as I have had him take out Hector's (who are suppose to counter him.) Reinhardt is probably the most overpowered unit in the game atm. 

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you are only settling for Life and Death 2, then I would save Hana and wait until you feel comfortable to make her 5* and then pass on Life and Death 3. Fury 3 is not as good as Life and Death 2, but I would not casually sacrifice Hana unless you have a whole stack of her and need to free up some space.

With the right nature, in my opinion, Life and Death 3 is absolutely worth it, especially on top tier glass cannons like +Spd Nino.

I only have a +Atk Nino obviously, and I don't know if I'll bother really trying for anymore after I build this one out, unless I luck into one. I'm going to have to burn a Hana no matter what. She's really the only Life and Death 2 fodder I have, well her or Zephiel. Same argument can be made though, as I have to buff one fo them to 4 star to give at least L&D 2. I don't have a Jaffar, and only 1 Minerva but she's 5 star, and I have her built up for a Flying Emblem comp. 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

What is his nature? If his offensive stats are higher than Gaius+0 (I am assuming that is what you are comparing him to), then he would be a good candidate.

+spd/-res

1 minute ago, Sleypnyr said:

I only have a +Atk Nino obviously, and I don't know if I'll bother really trying for anymore after I build this one out, unless I luck into one. I'm going to have to burn a Hana no matter what. She's really the only Life and Death 2 fodder I have, well her or Zephiel. Same argument can be made though, as I have to buff one fo them to 4 star to give at least L&D 2. I don't have a Jaffar, and only 1 Minerva but she's 5 star, and I have her built up for a Flying Emblem comp. 

I would not sacrifice GHB units for a skill like Life and Death since it can be obtained elsewhere unless I am really desperate. I would go with Fury if you do not have many Hanas.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

+spd/-res

Frederick +Spd -Res
Poison Dagger, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase (Merge+5 against Merge+0) 117:2:33

Gaius +Atk -Def
Poison Dagger, Moonbow
Player Phase 113:2:37

Just now, XRay said:

Frederick +Spd -Res
Poison Dagger, Moonbow
Player Phase (Merge+5 against Merge+0) 117:2:33

Gaius +Atk -Def
Poison Dagger, Moonbow
Player Phase 113:2:37

Hm.  There's also the issue of only having one Kagero.  So I can either have Frederick with Kagero's dagger and not have Gaius or have Gaius with Kageros dagger and Frederick with Matthews which would give me more utility.

However, I also have Jaffar so I don't know that I need 2 more dagger users....

hm....

7 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Hm.  There's also the issue of only having one Kagero.  So I can either have Frederick with Kagero's dagger and not have Gaius or have Gaius with Kageros dagger and Frederick with Matthews which would give me more utility.

hm....

I personally have never found a use for dagger users. Let alone, I don't have Jaffar or Kagero who are the best 2 I believe. I landed a Summer Frederick, but he just doesn't seem that good imo. The only colorless unit I bother running is Quadelia, otherwise i just haven't found colorless units good enough to break my team. 

28 minutes ago, Lushen said:

hm....

Does your Kagero have a bad nature or something? I would keep her unless she is -Atk/Spd.

Edited by XRay

25 minutes ago, Lushen said:

She has -res/+def which is meh.

THat doesn't seem that bad. I'd run her with Life and Death 3 and Swordbreaker 3 she'd be better than Gaius and Frederick imo. Not sure on Jaffar. 

I'm very saddened partly because I think the answer to this question is no, but...

Will they be cycling the sacred seals and their events and if so, will they also be cycling the special ones from the Tempest Trials?

5 minutes ago, Logos said:

I'm very saddened partly because I think the answer to this question is no, but...

Will they be cycling the sacred seals and their events and if so, will they also be cycling the special ones from the Tempest Trials?

The answer isn't no, but rather we don't know.

I think it'd be unlikely for them to never bring them back for the people who missed them, though. So my bet would be we'll get access to them again sometime in the future.(but probably not anytime soon)

8 minutes ago, Logos said:

Will they cycle them soon? The answer is most likely no.

However, it is possible they will cycle them in the future, we just do not know when yet. Maybe several months to a year later is entirely possible.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The answer isn't no, but rather we don't know.

I think it'd be unlikely for them to never bring them back for the people who missed them, though. So my bet would be we'll get access to them again sometime in the future.(but probably not anytime soon)

I really hope so. My fear is that they just keep on making new stuff, and giving very limited time or no access to stuff in the past such as sacred seals. I missed Quickened Pulse, and Spd +1 so you can imagine how disadvantaged I am. lol 

Just now, XRay said:

Will they cycle them soon? The answer is most likely no.

However, it is possible they will cycle them in the future, we just do not know when yet. Maybe several months to a year later is entirely possible.

That's my greatest fear regarding this matter.

Edited by Logos

So I've got 31.000 feathers, but don't know who/if I should turn into a five star. I don't have a green mage, and my Nino is +Atk -Res, so my question is if that's good enough. I've also got a Lon'qu with +Atk ad -Res, but I've already got Eldigan and Athena the Bug Queen as five stars, and I've been thinking of promoting my Clarisse in order to get a debuffer and chipper, but I've also already got a Summer Gaius for an archer. 

Is it vital that Nino has +Speed -Def or something, or should I roll with what I've got? I haven't pulled much of anything useful in 155 orbs, so I don't know when I'll summon again, and it'd be a waste to not do anything at all in the game.

52 minutes ago, Thane said:

So I've got 31.000 feathers, but don't know who/if I should turn into a five star. I don't have a green mage, and my Nino is +Atk -Res, so my question is if that's good enough. I've also got a Lon'qu with +Atk ad -Res, but I've already got Eldigan and Athena the Bug Queen as five stars, and I've been thinking of promoting my Clarisse in order to get a debuffer and chipper, but I've also already got a Summer Gaius for an archer. 

Is it vital that Nino has +Speed -Def or something, or should I roll with what I've got? I haven't pulled much of anything useful in 155 orbs, so I don't know when I'll summon again, and it'd be a waste to not do anything at all in the game.

Nino is great with any nature, apart from maybe -Spd. I have a +Def -Res Nino who is already doing pretty amazing at nuking evrything, and yours would be even better. Units that are game breaking rarely need a specific nature to be good, so just go ahead and promote your Nino (also, if you give her Darting Blow, she'll have the same attack and speed when initiating as +Speed Nino with Fury, although Fury is probably still better for yours).

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Nino is great with any nature, apart from maybe -Spd. I have a +Def -Res Nino who is already doing pretty amazing at nuking evrything, and yours would be even better. Units that are game breaking rarely need a specific nature to be good, so just go ahead and promote your Nino (also, if you give her Darting Blow, she'll have the same attack and speed when initiating as +Speed Nino with Fury, although Fury is probably still better for yours).

Thanks for the advice, bud. I've got a four star HInata with Nino's name on him, so that Fury 3 is already fixed.

As an aside, how good is Clarisse? I really want to use her for her bow in the future. I think she could be a very nifty hero, but I've hardly seen anyone talk about her.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Thanks for the advice, bud. I've got a four star HInata with Nino's name on him, so that Fury 3 is already fixed.

As an aside, how good is Clarisse? I really want to use her for her bow in the future. I think she could be a very nifty hero, but I've hardly seen anyone talk about her.

The problem with Clarisse is that debuffing is pretty underpowered when a lot of units can one shot most things anyway. Clarisse isn't bad, but a lot of archers (B!Cordelia, Klein, Takumi, Setsuna, etc) can do her job better because they have better offence. You can still promote her if you really like her or don't have any other decent archer and really want one though, as she can still be made usefull.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The problem with Clarisse is that debuffing is pretty underpowered when a lot of units can one shot most things anyway. Clarisse isn't bad, but a lot of archers (B!Cordelia, Klein, Takumi, Setsuna, etc) can do her job better because they have better offence. You can still promote her if you really like her or don't have any other decent archer and really want one though, as she can still be made usefull.

I see. It is true that throwing Reinhardt on the problem is usually a lot easier than using any strategy. I just like the idea of Poison Strike and Savage Blow, along with her bow, which would allow the rest of the team to swoop in and clean up the trash. Well, that's the theory on paper, at any rate, I know it wouldn't be as effective in practice, but the thought is an interesting one.

Of course, I could just use a Corrin for a similar debuff, but she's -Atk, and I don't know if that'll screw her over.

41 minutes ago, Thane said:

She's severely outclassed, but you can make her work.

If you want to use Clarisse as a debuffer with her default weapon, she can run Darting Blow/Swift Sparrow/Life and Death, Windsweep/Watersweep, and Phantom Spd reasonably well. Darting Blow, Poison Strike, and Savage Blow can be used to deal passive damage on top of her debuffs. You can also mix the two and run Darting Blow/Swift Sparrow/Life and Death, Windsweep/Watersweep, Savage Blow, and Phantom Spd.

Life and Death with Firesweep Bow+ is viable, and can be run with either a Weaponbreaker or a debuffing or passive damage set.

Since I ended up with 2 Leons, I'm thinking of passing on his bow to someone. I know a lot of builds for Niles use his Killer Bow. Since the Slaying Bow is essentially the same thing but a little stronger, the little extra attack wouldn't hurt him. I managed to pull myself a +SPD -DEF Niles, so he'll probably run a LD3 or Fury build pretty well. He may not be the best archer, but he's one of my favorite characters from Fates, so I'd love to give him some love. 

The other option is to merge Leon. I guess that makes him a slightly better Arena unit, but I likely won't have him ready for the Arena until next week, and then it seems like kind of a waste if I don't use him in the Arena anymore. 

Is this a completely terrible idea? I know most archers want Brave Bow+ over anything else, so I can't think of anyone else that would really want it.

49 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Since I ended up with 2 Leons, I'm thinking of passing on his bow to someone. I know a lot of builds for Niles use his Killer Bow. Since the Slaying Bow is essentially the same thing but a little stronger, the little extra attack wouldn't hurt him. I managed to pull myself a +SPD -DEF Niles, so he'll probably run a LD3 or Fury build pretty well. He may not be the best archer, but he's one of my favorite characters from Fates, so I'd love to give him some love. 

The other option is to merge Leon. I guess that makes him a slightly better Arena unit, but I likely won't have him ready for the Arena until next week, and then it seems like kind of a waste if I don't use him in the Arena anymore. 

Is this a completely terrible idea? I know most archers want Brave Bow+ over anything else, so I can't think of anyone else that would really want it.

Iceberg Pulse Niles does alright on offense, thanks to his high res and speed, but the problem with Res tanks is the same as always:

Most of them don't have the Res to actually tank mages, and have lackluster offenses because of stacking res.

+Atk, DB3, Moonbow Pulse Reinhardt straight up obliterates +Spd/-Res Niles with Fury 3, for example, meaning you've basically obtained an archer with typical (shitty) defenses with without the ultra offenses of B!Cordelia and the like in exchange.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Iceberg Pulse Niles does alright on offense, thanks to his high res and speed, but the problem with Res tanks is the same as always:

Most of them don't have the Res to actually tank mages, and have lackluster offenses because of stacking res.

+Atk, DB3, Moonbow Pulse Reinhardt straight up obliterates +Spd/-Res Niles with Fury 3, for example, meaning you've basically obtained an archer with typical (shitty) defenses with the ultra offenses of B!Cordelia and the like in exchange.

I mean, I already said I knew he wasn't that great. XD I just like him, and I plan to promote him since he's got a pretty good nature. IDK exactly what kind of build I'd do for him, and I certainly wouldn't use him to tank Reinhardts especially since I've got Cecilia and Titania for that. But if I gave him Fury over LaD, he'd have 37 RES (and 40 SPD) which is more than my high RES mages (like Katarina), and they've been doing pretty great tanking hits from the inflated mages in the Tempest.

I just wanna' know if there's anyone else who'd do better with a Slaying Bow, otherwise Niles will probably get it.