"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@TrangChuz I'd go with the second one mostly because:

• You got a 5* unit in it which is a blessing to get.
  • Eirika is a solid character, and is also this season's arena bonus character so you can score more points and place higher in rankings. (Which is essential for getting feather to awaken your units to higher star levels)
  • You got Wrys, he can help out by keeping your units alive via heals . (Defeated units lose their EXP that they obtained from the current level)
  • You got Felicia, she's a solid anti-magic unit with strong damage via Glacial skill, she can heal nearby units after attacking with her breath of life skill, and she can lower enemy's defense and res with her attacks.
  • Lastly Selena has armorslayer which can help out against armored type units such as knights. 
Edited by Fei Mao

Where can I check base stats or max stats for characters to figure out what their bane/boon is? I have a couple of characters maxed and one whose level 1 stats I know, so...

53 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Where can I check base stats or max stats for characters to figure out what their bane/boon is? I have a couple of characters maxed and one whose level 1 stats I know, so...

Unless your characters are level 1 or 40, you can't.

EDIT: I should really read better. Take a look at the wiki or Ice Dragon's thread here in the sub-forum.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless your characters are level 1 or 40, you can't.

Okay yeah I said I have that. Anything more helpful to offer? :0 This doesn't actually answer my question. Like, at all. I'm aware of this fact already.

Edited by BANRYU

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Okay yeah I said I have that. Anything more helpful to offer? :0 This doesn't actually answer my question. Like, at all. I'm aware of this fact already.

My bad, sorry. Amended my original post.

After having quite some problems against a matchup of Takumi/Kagero/Linde/Ryoma on that damned team splitting arena map today, I thought I'd maybe ask for some advice on here. Until now I've been exchanging my arena characters rather frequently because I managed to get a lot of good ones in the five pulls I did so far, but I'd like to try optimizing a bit to have a better time against difficult matchups like this one.

The five star units I got so far are Robin (+Spd/-Res), Camilla (+Def/-Att), Ogma (+Res/-Def), Takumi (+HP/-Spd), Julia (+HP/-Att), Eirika (+Att/-HP) and Ephraim (+Res/-HP). I could also bump up one of my 4 stars if necessary, which would add Nino (+Def/-HP), Odin (+Spd/-Res), Serra (+Spd/-Att) or Olivia (+HP/-Res) to the pool.

Regarding the concrete teambuilding: The only thing I'm pretty sure about is that I want to keep Robin around - he's not only my best red/grey counter, but also the only character that doesn't get completely demolished by Kagero. +Spd nature is also hilarious because it means that he can actually tank all these fast sword wielders for quite some time.

Eirika also seems to be a good fit as she grants the new arena bonus and has a lot of utility, Ogma however is probably outclassed rather hard by her. I'm not too fond of Camilla as well (has too low attack to quickly dispatch anyone not named Linde or Azura and loses hard to common units), so Julia should presumably be a good alternative green anti-mage. Takumi is still Takumi (low speed kind of hurts him though) and Ephraim wavers between pretty great and horrible depending on matchup, so I'm not sure what to do with him. I've also considered using Olivia for her dancer abilities or bumping Nino and replacing Julia with her in order to get some extra offensive power. The added synergy with Eirika would also be nice, I guess.

Anyways, I'd be thankful for anyone else's thoughts on this matter. :)

32 minutes ago, Sias said:

After having quite some problems against a matchup of Takumi/Kagero/Linde/Ryoma on that damned team splitting arena map today, I thought I'd maybe ask for some advice on here. Until now I've been exchanging my arena characters rather frequently because I managed to get a lot of good ones in the five pulls I did so far, but I'd like to try optimizing a bit to have a better time against difficult matchups like this one.

The five star units I got so far are Robin (+Spd/-Res), Camilla (+Def/-Att), Ogma (+Res/-Def), Takumi (+HP/-Spd), Julia (+HP/-Att), Eirika (+Att/-HP) and Ephraim (+Res/-HP). I could also bump up one of my 4 stars if necessary, which would add Nino (+Def/-HP), Odin (+Spd/-Res), Serra (+Spd/-Att) or Olivia (+HP/-Res) to the pool.

Regarding the concrete teambuilding: The only thing I'm pretty sure about is that I want to keep Robin around - he's not only my best red/grey counter, but also the only character that doesn't get completely demolished by Kagero. +Spd nature is also hilarious because it means that he can actually tank all these fast sword wielders for quite some time.

Eirika also seems to be a good fit as she grants the new arena bonus and has a lot of utility, Ogma however is probably outclassed rather hard by her. I'm not too fond of Camilla as well (has too low attack to quickly dispatch anyone not named Linde or Azura and loses hard to common units), so Julia should presumably be a good alternative green anti-mage. Takumi is still Takumi (low speed kind of hurts him though) and Ephraim wavers between pretty great and horrible depending on matchup, so I'm not sure what to do with him. I've also considered using Olivia for her dancer abilities or bumping Nino and replacing Julia with her in order to get some extra offensive power. The added synergy with Eirika would also be nice, I guess.

Anyways, I'd be thankful for anyone else's thoughts on this matter. :)

Takumi being -Spd really puts a hole in your plans. Your team now isn't bad though Robin, Julia, Tacomi, and Eirika, but you might want to try switching Julia for a defensive ax user that isn't named Camilla for help with the blue magic users, not to mention having 2 tome users and a bow user means you'll have to put Eirika on the front lines which probably won't work out for the better since she is -HP and there are plenty of ephraims and Robins already running around. even if you got a better Camilla, she gets countered way too easily by enemy Takumis anyway, you should think about sending her for feathers since she is -ATK on a brave ax. Robin is basically a magic oriented Ephraim in my opinion so good ol' faithful Eph is gonna have to be benched. Julia being -ATK is a huge bummer but upgrading Nino would just be a waste of feathers. My advice: wait until you get a good bane/boon Kagero or Gordin to alternate with your Takumi and get them to 5 star, or a good ax user if you don't already have one. You already know why I would say Kagero but I say Gordin because he has a brave bow which basically means you still get bad speed but always get 2 hits which makes a difference lots of the time. You could also get a better Takumi too but your team is pretty good.

10/10 would rate again

Speaking as someone who bumped up a +Def/-HP Nino to 5* myself, I can definitely say she's worth it. With Eirika's buffs she has 49 Atk + 7 damage and will double most things she can't one-shot with 40 Spd. For reference, Lv. 40+10 Julia with +Atk has 56 Atk (which base Nino matches), and a +Spd one would have 34 Spd. Really the only thing Julia has over Nino is Naga (and I guess Breath of Life is nice in some instances). Draw Back is a seriously good tool as well (Here is a post from earlier in this thread showcasing a hilariously effective way to deal with the split-up map that I find myself copying a lot, albeit with Azura instead of Olivia). Edit: Nino will also demolish any enemy Julia pretty easily.

I'd definitely consider Olivia to be placed on the team because dancing is a great tool to have. She really only needs to be 4* (if you do end up bumping up Nino), though it'll hurt your rating a bit.

tbh Ephraim/Eirika/Nino/Olivia is a reasonably workable team, but you will have troubles with the likes of Tharja, Leo, and Tiki unless you can get Ephraim in their faces before they hit him. Running Robin over Ephraim should be ok though. It will leave you without a solid frontliner, but if you balance your baiting and nuking I don't think that'll be an issue.

Edited by LordFrigid

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Need to make a team for Narshen and/or Catria. Here is all of my units. Any suggestions? 

Screenshot_2017-02-21-14-11-03.png

Swap Anna for Narcian.  Robin/Gordin can take out any reds/archers, and Lyn can continue to be awesome.  Narcian should be able to safely bait enemy Robins/Lindes, and Effie should never, ever be a threat.

27 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

How does one change the unit that stands on top of the castle? I somehow changed from the default to Fir, but I don't know how, and I want to switch to a peg in that place instead.

It's your leftmost unit in your leftmost team.

For the bonus heroes in the arena, Does having a team of 4 of them give more bonus points than 1, 2, or 3? Or do you get the same amount of bonus from having 1 as you do from having any other amount?

I have 4*Odin, 4*Catria, and 3*Narshen. Catria is the only one who is good since Odin has a terrible -Atk bane and Narshen is only 3* so I really don't want to try to train them all up and make them work out.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

For the bonus heroes in the arena, Does having a team of 4 of them give more bonus points than 1, 2, or 3? Or do you get the same amount of bonus from having 1 as you do from having any other amount?

There seems to be no additional bonus for including additional featured characters beyond the first one.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

I have 4*Odin, 4*Catria, and 3*Narshen. Catria is the only one who is good since Odin has a terrible -Atk bane and Narshen is only 3* so I really don't want to try to train them all up and make them work out.

I thought it was that way but you only need one which is fair for people who only have one anyway. Catria is probably better for you, but Narshen's savage blow is pretty savage as well.

You'll get more mileage out of 4* Sharena than you will from Niche use 4* Narcian. Savage Blow is hilarious but by no means meta-defining, and Emerald Axe forces Narcian to be an Anti-Blue unit with Lancebreaker which...there's not too many blue lancers that require Narcian over say, a green mage (Nino, Julia, Merric) or a green axe (Anna, Bartre, Frederick, Hawkeye, Raven, Gunter) can't handle. I found Narcian super useful in lower levels (lv 5-20 he was great) and the higher I go, the more threatening and common RedSwords are.

Sharena's more team oriented but I like the villain enough to run him on a low-level arena team that I mess around with but bluekillers other than him exist aplenty.

What are people's thoughts on 5* Hawkeye? I just pulled him from the new focus group. I've been looking to level up a good green axe weirder for a while. 

That said, I also just got 20k feathers and have a 4* Camilla above level 20 (although I'm a little bitter to level her up since I merged to give her +2 without realizing that those stat advantages won't carry over when I upgrade her from 4*-5*... Since I pulled Hawkeye, I'm wondering if my feathers are better spent upgrading one of my blue lance characters or a healer. 

Right now, I have (all Lv 40) 5* Takumi, Marth, Robin(M), Tiki(young), Lyn 

i have a few 4* blue lance units, and then 5* Elise, Seliph in addition who I haven't bothered to level up. I'll attach below a screenshot of my top characters by rating and by rarity if that helps... 

EDIT: photobucket isn't copying correctly and the forum isnt letting me upload screenshots (says they're too large of a file size... so hopefully this links work...)

E30154E3-EA8F-46CD-8F82-13F8DBADE513.png

B405FD03-44C5-4A4F-ACA3-B8197B99C972.png

A8AC2782-924D-4A89-8B13-B7B618319547.png

Edited by SaMaster14

The focus thing confuses me. When you're on the summoning screen you can highlight a focus, does that mean when you summon, you'll be picking from whatever's in that focus only? Or is it just more likely to get the ones in it? Like if I highlight family bonds, will I be more likely to get Ephriam and Eirika? How does the focus thing work overall?

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The focus thing confuses me. When you're on the summoning screen you can highlight a focus, does that mean when you summon, you'll be picking from whatever's in that focus only? Or is it just more likely to get the ones in it? Like if I highlight family bonds, will I be more likely to get Ephriam and Eirika? How does the focus thing work overall?

You're more likely to get those focus characters.

Hit "appearance rates" on the summon screen. Those rates you see will be adjusted if you fail to get a 5* within five summons. In Eirika and Ephraim's case, let's say you want to get the 5*. They fall under both Focus and 5*. In total, you have a 6% chance to get Eirika or Ephraim. The percentages I talked about earlier resets back to default once you pull a 5*. You're guaranteed a 5* after 120 summons.

4 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

You're more likely to get those focus characters.

Hit "appearance rates" on the summon screen. Those rates you see will be adjusted if you fail to get a 5* within five summons. In Eirika and Ephraim's case, let's say you want to get the 5*. They fall under both Focus and 5*. In total, you have a 6% chance to get Eirika or Ephraim. The percentages I talked about earlier resets back to default once you pull a 5*. You're guaranteed a 5* after 120 summons.

Not quite ... you have 3% chance of getting *a* focus character (Eirika/Ephraim/Julia/Seliph), and a 3% chance of getting a non-focus 5*. Since Eirika/Ephraim/Julia/Seliph aren't in the non-focus 5* pool (last time I checked), your chances of getting any of these characters is 0.75% on a given orb. You have a 6% chance of getting a 5*.

For the last banner, units like Lucina had a slightly higher than 0.75% chance because you could pull them from the 3% focus pool or from the non-focus 5* pool.

8 hours ago, SaMaster14 said:

What are people's thoughts on 5* Hawkeye? I just pulled him from the new focus group. I've been looking to level up a good green axe weirder for a while. 

That said, I also just got 20k feathers and have a 4* Camilla above level 20 (although I'm a little bitter to level her up since I merged to give her +2 without realizing that those stat advantages won't carry over when I upgrade her from 4*-5*... Since I pulled Hawkeye, I'm wondering if my feathers are better spent upgrading one of my blue lance characters or a healer. 

Right now, I have (all Lv 40) 5* Takumi, Marth, Robin(M), Tiki(young), Lyn 

i have a few 4* blue lance units, and then 5* Elise, Seliph in addition who I haven't bothered to level up. I'll attach below a screenshot of my top characters by rating and by rarity if that helps... 

Hawkeye hits hard, but isn't exactly tanky/fast.  Or that's what I've heard.

For your promotion question, Effie.  Have her replace Marth for the arena defense team.  For the arena offense team. . .you'll need to use Seliph.  Good luck.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hawkeye hits hard, but isn't exactly tanky/fast.  Or that's what I've heard.

For your promotion question, Effie.  Have her replace Marth for the arena defense team.  For the arena offense team. . .you'll need to use Seliph.  Good luck.

Thanks! I've been thinking about powering up Effie!