"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is no mage Blades cannot fix. She will not be stellar, but she will be viable. I personally will not build her unless you plan to pull more of her to get something better. -Atk is also not that bad due to Blade tomes.

Gronnblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Breaker/Desperation

I already have a fully built out Nino and so she's my main green mage. Just was doing a second one. I also have a Soren I could build out as well though he seems more of a tank mage.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So I'm going have to use Berkut for Tempest Trials and just want a second opinion on skills.

I'm using a blade team so he will replace Sharena this time. Team will be Berkut, Olivia, Linde and Tharja.

I'm thinking the build we be something like:

Berkut's Lance/ Sapphire Lance / maybe Firesweep Lance

Draw Back / Rally Def / Rally Def+Res

B-Swordbreaker

C-Fortify Res (if using Rally Def)/Hone Speed  

No A Slot or Special yet since I only have 1000 SP on him.

Not sure if he needs to change his weapon, but the idea with Sapphire Lance+Swordbreaker makes him an emergency Sword check (I gave Sully's skills to him). I have a spare Roderick so I'm not sure if inheriting a Firesweep Lance with Rally Def/Res is a good option.

The other option is Draw Back for mobility but the only other buffers I have in my team are Hone Attack for Olivia and Fortify Res for Linde. Because Linde already has Fortify Res, maybe Rally Def is a cheaper option? Definitely think Hone Speed is needed though. 

Although I guess I could merge him with my other 4 star Berkut. Is there anything skill from Berkut that people want? (I guess Ward Cavalry but I find I use Hone/Fortify Cav buffs more)

Any tips will help :)

The two buffs you always want to have present on a blade team are attack and speed. Giving Hone Speed to Berkut would mean he can buff both of your mages at the same time, which makes it better then giving Tharja Hone Speed.

For his weapon, making him a hard red counter seems like a viable plan, the question is more whether you find that investment worthwhile then whether it will help (Linde should handle red units without a problem). If you do go through with it, you might want to consider swapping Nino in for Linde if that's an option, since she would cover blues better (and Berkut and Tharja should be able to handle reds just fine).

I'd prefer a Rally (probably defence if you have the rest covered) or Reposition for the assist skill. Being cavalry might make Draw Back less useful on some maps, but it's still not terrible.

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So I'm going have to use Berkut for Tempest Trials and just want a second opinion on skills.

I'm using a blade team so he will replace Sharena this time. Team will be Berkut, Olivia, Linde and Tharja.

I'm thinking the build we be something like:

Berkut's Lance/ Sapphire Lance / maybe Firesweep Lance

Draw Back / Rally Def / Rally Def+Res

B-Swordbreaker

C-Fortify Res (if using Rally Def)/Hone Speed  

No A Slot or Special yet since I only have 1000 SP on him.

Not sure if he needs to change his weapon, but the idea with Sapphire Lance+Swordbreaker makes him an emergency Sword check (I gave Sully's skills to him). I have a spare Roderick so I'm not sure if inheriting a Firesweep Lance with Rally Def/Res is a good option.

The other option is Draw Back for mobility but the only other buffers I have in my team are Hone Attack for Olivia and Fortify Res for Linde. Because Linde already has Fortify Res, maybe Rally Def is a cheaper option? Definitely think Hone Speed is needed though. 

Although I guess I could merge him with my other 4 star Berkut. Is there anything skill from Berkut that people want? (I guess Ward Cavalry but I find I use Hone/Fortify Cav buffs more)

Any tips will help :)

Since you do not have a green unit, you might want Berkut to specialize a bit more in dealing with blue units. Firesweep L is great for protection against counterattacks, and with Lancebreaker and Death Blow, he should be able to deal with most of them.

I do not think having a sword check is necessary since Linde covers that, and Olivia can dance her again to kill off two reds at once.

I personally prefer Reposition since it can be used both offensively and defensively, kind of like Shove and Draw Back rolled into one. However, Reposition does not work too well on more restrictive maps.

4 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I already have a fully built out Nino and so she's my main green mage. Just was doing a second one. I also have a Soren I could build out as well though he seems more of a tank mage.

If you do not need another Blade mage, Sonya is a better Reinhardt bait than Soren as she has Resistance on par with Julia. You can give her Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte.

I would try Nino but she's only 4 star (i used her at the start of the last TT but as soon as I switched to LaD Linde with Breath of Life Aura effect, everything was easier, even without greens)

Lancebreaker makes sense but I have limited fodder for that. Although to be fair Sharena had Lancebreaker last trials so that helped with the lack of greens. I don't have extra Death Blow fodder right now either, so his main use will be as a melee attacker/shield and blade buffer.

Firesweep I'm iffy on when Berkut is being attacked, but that was only an option if I gave him Rally Def/Res which i probably won't now since I'll go Rally Def + Hone Speed. (Unless I go Nino, because I'll lose out on Linde's Fortify Res buff and then I'll have to use Rally Def/Res)

I guess I'll just have to experience the Trials once to find out the best positioning skill if needed, and to see the final boss that might determine the right breaker skill. Thanks though!

I have three units that are roughly halfway through level 38. I could use the training tower and finish them off, or I could save 30 stamina for the normal mode Chain Challenge for chapters 1 and 2 (and then surrender at the end). Which would be faster/more efficient to level my three units up to max level?

45 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I have three units that are roughly halfway through level 38. I could use the training tower and finish them off, or I could save 30 stamina for the normal mode Chain Challenge for chapters 1 and 2 (and then surrender at the end). Which would be faster/more efficient to level my three units up to max level?

Chain Challenge, probably. 30 starmina for 10 battles is a lot better then 9 per battle, and you'll probably need more then 4 anyway (4*9=36 is more then 30).

That's only if you can beat the first few maps of the chain challenge with them of course.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Chain Challenge, probably. 30 starmina for 10 battles is a lot better then 9 per battle, and you'll probably need more then 4 anyway (4*9=36 is more then 30).

That's only if you can beat the first few maps of the chain challenge with them of course.

If you're halfway through level 38, it's likely only 3 maps to max out, assuming the unit you're training gets every kill.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If you're halfway through level 38, it's likely only 3 maps to max out, assuming the unit you're training gets every kill.

I assumed he was planning to use all three units at once. If he's going to train them one at a time you're right.

Hey y'all. Weird question for ya.

So, since the update happened, the first summon is free right? 

Well, I never got my free summon for the Tempest trial banner? 

At first, I assumed I used my free summon, but then I remembered I didn't use, since I wanted to get some more orbs before I pulled from it. Once I felt I had enough, I went back to the banner selection to find it costs 5 orbs... Is there a catch I missed? Or is this a glitch? 

@Ice Dragon - because you know how this game works through and through, and I would like to be enlightened on what happened here.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

At first, I assumed I used my free summon, but then I remembered I didn't use, since I wanted to get some more orbs before I pulled from it. Once I felt I had enough, I went back to the banner selection to find it costs 5 orbs... Is there a catch I missed? Or is this a glitch? 

@Ice Dragon - because you know how this game works through and through, and I would like to be enlightened on what happened here.

I have not summoned from the TT banner either, and I just checked to see I still have my free summon. So no, there's no catch you missed.

It should be a bug (or you misremembering stuff) then.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah, the Tempest banner is supposed to give a free summon along with the Bound Hero Battle banner. I know I got the free summons from both without any issues. Are you sure you aren't remembering things incorrectly? Because if there is actually an issue with the free summons, it hasn't been acknowledged in the notification board yet like how they addressed the log-in orbs issue that happened nearly a month ago.

11 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I definitely got mine. 4-star Sheena and 4-star Robin (M).

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I have not summoned from the TT banner either, and I just checked to see I still have my free summon. So no, there's no catch you missed.

It should be a bug (or you misremembering stuff) then.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, the Tempest banner is supposed to give a free summon along with the Bound Hero Battle banner. I know I got the free summons from both without any issues. Are you sure you aren't remembering things incorrectly? Because if there is actually an issue with the free summons, it hasn't been acknowledged in the notification board yet like how they addressed the log-in orbs issue that happened nearly a month ago.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I definitely got mine. 4-star Sheena and 4-star Robin (M).

Fair. I'm going to assume the latter unless it happens again, or others notice it's happening to them.

I just found it odd, since I didn't pull at all yesterday (too busy lol). A free +Spd/-Res Stahl was pulled from the Bound Hero banner. Every orb as of late has been devoted into sniping for Summer Leo (I've been cursed with no red orbs a couple times, and the Cecilias and Florinas want to flood my army XD). Oh well. 

7 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Fair. I'm going to assume the latter unless it happens again, or others notice it's happening to them.

I just found it odd, since I didn't pull at all yesterday (too busy lol). A free +Spd/-Res Stahl was pulled from the Bound Hero banner. Every orb as of late has been devoted into sniping for Summer Leo (I've been cursed with no red orbs a couple times, and the Cecilias and Florinas want to flood my army XD). Oh well. 

Can you sort your box by order obtained and see if you recognize the characters at the bottom as recent pulls?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Can you sort your box by order obtained and see if you recognize the characters at the bottom as recent pulls?

I did that already, and they're all from Nohrian Summer, except for the  free Stahl from the Bound Hero banner.

I'm not too concerned about losing a free pull (more curious than anything), I just want to know what happened. Like @Bartozio and @Tybrosion said, I'm going to assume that fault is on my end until proven otherwise. Shit happens.

17 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

(I've been cursed with no red orbs a couple times, and the Cecilias and Florinas want to flood my army XD).

You mean like how I didn't get a single damn green within two circles last night when my intent was to snipe for Summer!Elise? To pour the salt on even further, I ended up getting 3* Donnel TWICE from the stones I did choose to pull from. I was so mad I immediately sent those pot heads back to farm from whence they came. Apologies, I just needed to vent this out somewhere. That seriously triggered me when it happened.

Though yeah, be sure to check Hero Fest when it goes up tomorrow to see if it gives you a free summon or not.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

You mean like how I didn't get a single damn green within two circles last night when my intent was to snipe for Summer!Elise? To pour the salt on even further, I ended up getting 3* Donnel TWICE from the stones I did choose to pull from. I was so mad I immediately sent those pot heads back to farm from whence they came. Apologies, I just needed to vent this out somewhere. That seriously triggered me when it happened.

Though yeah, be sure to check Hero Fest when it goes up tomorrow to see if it gives you a free summon or not.

Yup XD Back to the farm, boyz. 

Yeah I'll check tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I have a 4* +spd -hp Cordelia, is she worth to invest? 

also, I was considering building a flier emblem team with Corrin, Cordelia, and Minerva... Who should be the 4th member? Or maybe should I just wait for Aversa GHB? 

As long as Cordelia is not -Atk/Res, she is fine to invest in.

Just use Palla for now. I recommend replacing Minerva with Cherche if you can afford to build her.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

As long as Cordelia is not -Atk/Res, she is fine to invest in.

Just use Palla for now. I recommend replacing Minerva with Cherche if you can afford to build her.

I'm F2P, and kinda only invest only for the best  with  IV closest to the best... But -hp +spd is usable I guess

Cherche's best build is the Brave Axe + DB build, right? I have an +atk -def Cherche, wondered if it worth  it to invest on her, I still have 3 Hawkeyes and 1 Klein even if I got Rein

Also, i think Julia could run Mirror Strike better than Sonya? 

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

I'm F2P, and kinda only invest only for the best  with  IV closest to the best... But -hp +spd is usable I guess

Cherche's best build is the Brave Axe + DB build, right? I have an +atk -def Cherche, wondered if it worth  it to invest on her, I still have 3 Hawkeyes and 1 Klein even if I got Rein

Also, i think Julia could run Mirror Strike better than Sonya? 

If you want the best possible nature for Cordelia, then she needs +Atk. -Res would also be ideal.

Yeah, that is Cherche's best build. If you have Reinhardt, I would prioritize Reinhardt first. -Def hurts Cherche, but it is not too bad. If Minerva has a better nature, then I would prioritize Minerva first since she is cheaper to build.

In my opinion, I think Sonya is better if you do not need Naga, since she has the same Resistance and much higher speed. Julia hits a little harder, but I think Speed and the ability to double is more important.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Quick question: Which Lilina is the better one to hang onto? They're both 4*s.

+Def/-Res or +Atk/-Spd

I’d prefer the +Atk one. Her Spd and Def are already mostly unsalvagable, so might want to improve her good stat.