"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It is, in fact, the pinnacle of mankind.

The pinnacle of mankind is cold, lifeless eyes that stare into your soul and discern all your actions, past and present, and remind you of the looming, inescapable pit of demise?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

i got facial reconstruction surgery since everyone was making fun of my eyes. they look good, right?

Um... they're definitely not, like, cute, that's for sure! Seriously, you were better off with your regular look. I can understand the need for a makeover, but like, this is totally cray cray.

13 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

WHAT? I'm not totally sure about that. Arcanite would think that mankind is inferior to robots, but like, the best part of mankind definitely isn't in those demon eyes! There's like, soooo much better things to look at~

Like what? Watching Eliwood penetrate Ninian with his Durandal?

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Um... they're definitely not, like, cute, that's for sure! Seriously, you were better off with your regular look. I can understand the need for a makeover, but like, this is totally cray cray.

i..i don't know what to say. i finally gained confidence in myself, and now..well it's going to be very difficult to return Rebecca's eyes to her, i think she likes them

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_ormdsdZvQZ1rc288s_400.png

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i..i don't know what to say. i finally gained confidence in myself, and now..well it's going to be very difficult to return Rebecca's eyes to her, i think she likes them

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_ormdsdZvQZ1rc288s_400.png

OHMIGOSH! 

That totally fits so, much, better!

Rebecca is a total cutie now~ <3

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

right? i was really surprised at how well it turned out! you win some you lose some

Possible to recolour them? Eliwood’s are supposed to be blue, and Rebecca’s green. Would be even better for both of them.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Possible to recolour them? Eliwood’s are supposed to be blue, and Rebecca’s green. Would be even better for both of them.

thanks for the input, we decided to get contacts.

Spoiler

pee.png.c1aff22aa0c329c0da5818739454d4bc.pngpoo.png.64081c771aebc86b0054abfc8b2753a3.png

11 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

i'm trying to compose a debuff defense team for funsies, and i keep getting stuck on who to put in the lineup..the criteria is basically: did you dump your attack stat for good def, res, and at least middling spd aka can you at least live through almost any attack from any colour. F!Corn (her res isn't fab but debuff breath) and Selena are definitely keepers. i want an axe user for Legion's axe, but none of the axe users really fit for me..Titania and Sheena especially (since Warden's) would be nice but the movement difference on a defense team kinda defeats the whole purpose since i want them kinda clumped together at least marginally so they can take advantage of each others' debuffing. i also thought Saizo would be a good idea and i have a +Spd/-HP one but he collapses if a mage glances at him and i'm just not feeling it. but there's not really another dagger user that is bulky in both res and def that could take his dagger for the sick AOE debuffing...i'm just not sure who to put in 4th slot. Clarisse was a possibility, or putting her bow on someone, but eh..Odin has a decent spread for my needs, and with Raven tome even better, but Corn is already blue magic damage..

and yeah ik this team will be pretty suck, but..fun..also i'm too poor to inherit Ploys. i'm not sure if i should only do Threaten for C slot, since it will probably turn out inefficient in debuffing the same stuff twice. putting buffs there instead so the team is buffed while you're suffering through debuff hell sounds oppressive. in theory. or maybe just put Savage Blow on everyone to annoy people. B skills are definitely going to be Seals. A skill is something to maximize bulk, either HP+5 or Fury. i'm conflicted because Fury is obviously better, but this team is about staying alive as long as possible and annoying the pee out of the enemy, and that recoil damage is a fair chunk of health. 

What about a bulky healer with Pain? 

Haven't you ever thought, "Oh, who cares about that healer, can't hurt me," and then it does some pathetic amount of damage + 10 and all of a sudden you're dead? 

So I recently got Roderick, a character I've been wanting for a while for his cool Firesweep Lance... but he's +Def/-Atk, which sucks, and kinda runs directly counter to the whole niche of the Firesweep Lance as a weapon as I understand it.

So, I'm plotting to pass the weapon down to somebody. I was going through my lance-users and I noticed I had a +Atk/-HP Catria, who seems like a great candidate for the deadly hit-and-runner I wanted to use the Firesweep Lance for. My thoughts for a skill build are still incomplete, but thus far my plan is...

• Firesweep Lance+
  • Life and Death 3
  • Knock Back (I wanted Hit and Run but that's Clair-exclusive, so eh)
  • Savage Blow 3

This brings the aforementioned +Atk/-HP Catria up to 54 Attack and 39 Speed at level 40 5★ when all is said and done, plus a skill that forces enemies away from her after she attacks and does her uncounterattackable thing in order to keep herself safe, as well as Savage Blow 3 to pile some extra pain onto any enemies unfortunate enough to be near to Catria's target.

What I'm curious about is how this stacks up, and what kind of support she's going to want from her team members. It strikes me that somebody with Swap, Drag Back, Shove, or Smite might be helpful to ensure her being out of harm's way during enemy phase, but there might be other, better options. Some way of further boosting her Attack and/or Speed as necessary might also be appreciated.

Also, what might be some good Assist and Special skill options for her? I don't suppose her Assist skill is of a huge degree of consequence, and for Special it might just be the standard "give her Moonbow" but I'm still interested in hearing any ideas!

Edited by Topaz Light

6 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

I don't suppose her Assist skill is of a huge degree of consequence, and for Special it might just be the standard "give her Moonbow" but I'm still interested in hearing any ideas!

Why don’t you like her default Luna? Draconic Aura also works really well with such Atk. Moonbow is pretty much a meme skill by now.

3 hours ago, Personette said:

What about a bulky healer with Pain? 

Haven't you ever thought, "Oh, who cares about that healer, can't hurt me," and then it does some pathetic amount of damage + 10 and all of a sudden you're dead? 

Isn't that just Azama?

30 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

So I recently got Roderick, a character I've been wanting for a while for his cool Firesweep Lance... but he's +Def/-Atk, which sucks, and kinda runs directly counter to the whole niche of the Firesweep Lance as a weapon as I understand it.

So, I'm plotting to pass the weapon down to somebody. I was going through my lance-users and I noticed I had a +Atk/-HP Catria, who seems like a great candidate for the deadly hit-and-runner I wanted to use the Firesweep Lance for. My thoughts for a skill build are still incomplete, but thus far my plan is...

• Firesweep Lance+
  • Life and Death 3
  • Knock Back (I wanted Hit and Run but that's Clair-exclusive, so eh)
  • Savage Blow 3

This brings the aforementioned +Atk/-HP Catria up to 54 Attack and 39 Speed at level 40 5★ when all is said and done, plus a skill that forces enemies away from her after she attacks and does her uncounterattackable thing in order to keep herself safe, as well as Savage Blow 3 to pile some extra pain onto any enemies unfortunate enough to be near to Catria's target.

What I'm curious about is how this stacks up, and what kind of support she's going to want from her team members. It strikes me that somebody with Swap, Drag Back, Shove, or Smite might be helpful to ensure her being out of harm's way during enemy phase, but there might be other, better options. Some way of further boosting her Attack and/or Speed as necessary might also be appreciated.

Also, what might be some good Assist and Special skill options for her? I don't suppose her Assist skill is of a huge degree of consequence, and for Special it might just be the standard "give her Moonbow" but I'm still interested in hearing any ideas!

Sounds okay. I personally prefer Brave builds since they kill a lot more things, and receiving enough damage on the counterattack helps activate Desperation, which delays further counterattacks from slow units.

I am not sure about Shove or Smite for positioning Assists. The holy trinity of Swap, Drag Back, and Reposition is the best, with Reposition being my personal favorite.

I would give her Moonbow so she can activate a Special as soon as possible, hopefully during her second round of combat.

24 minutes ago, Personette said:

You can give his staff to anyone. 

I mean if we're talking "Bulky healer", then there really aren't that many candidates for bulky beyond Azama, who has the highest Defense of all the healers, which only gets better with something like Fortress Defense, which lowers his already crummy attack further.. Otherwise you have to base it all on who has the highest Resistance and HP, which would be Wrys, who has Armor-worthy speed, Lissa, who's speed really isn't that much better, and Lucius, who's HP isn't quite as high as the others. The reason why I target Defense over Resistance is because you probably aren't going to attack a 2 range unit with another 2 range unit unless you were going to kill them anyways.

Azama, if he is +Res -Att and has Fortress Defense 3, Live to Serve 3, and Rehabilitate, can survive battles and heal his team up to not only heal them, but also heal himself. His attack is like 17 or 18 with Pain, which he probably wouldn't have been doing much without all the attack he has lost anyways. 

Speed might be a moot point, but it's really just to avoid being doubled.

Edited by Xenomata

45 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean if we're talking "Bulky healer", then there really aren't that many candidates for bulky beyond Azama, who has the highest Defense of all the healers, which only gets better with something like Fortress Defense, which lowers his already crummy attack further.. Otherwise you have to base it all on who has the highest Resistance and HP, which would be Wrys, who has Armor-worthy speed, Lissa, who's speed really isn't that much better, and Lucius, who's HP isn't quite as high as the others. The reason why I target Defense over Resistance is because you probably aren't going to attack a 2 range unit with another 2 range unit unless you were going to kill them anyways.

Azama, if he is +Res -Att and has Fortress Defense 3, Live to Serve 3, and Rehabilitate, can survive battles and heal his team up to not only heal them, but also heal himself. His attack is like 17 or 18 with Pain, which he probably wouldn't have been doing much without all the attack he has lost anyways. 

Speed might be a moot point, but it's really just to avoid being doubled.

Fun Fact, +Res/-Atk Azama with Distant Defense and HP+3 Sacred Seal survives neutral everyone except Sonya. Even then, just slap on G Tomebreaker and Azama will survive everything! Well, for 1 turn. (Although if Azama inititates, then he loses to Kagero).

Then again Dazzling Staff/Candlelight would also be annoying, but then that veers into expensive build territory

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

What kind of unit likes Wings of Mercy? I've gotten the idea to give it to Sonya because lore reasons, but I do only have the one Cain to consider.

Flying dancers are cancer in the arena, as oftentimes is flying Hector.

43 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

LnD3 or Fury 3 for S. Elise? I don't have either skill fodder on me, but I'm considering building Elise up since she is my only summer unit. She is +Spd -Def

I prefer Life and Death to make her a complete nuke. Fury is fine if you want to conserve Feathers.