"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Boltlightning said:

Ok, these are my units now. What is a good team I can make with them?

Screenshot_20170815-203522.png

I would replace everyone except Celica with Ninian, Julia, and NS!Corrin.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

XRay doesn’t like melees, and he likes armoured knights even less.

Mobility and ranged initiation are pretty strong no matter which FE you're playing, though, so it's not like it's too unreasonable of a bias.

@Boltlightning

If nothing else, I would definitely look to get Julia and Ninian in there for color balance and dancer utility. imo -Spd Lucina (I can't tell what the 2nd one is...obviously) and low-mobility Effie (unless she has Pivot inherited?) are pretty good candidates to drop for those two. It's not like they'll vanish forever, you can always sub them in when you need strong physical red damage or a bulky, hard-hitting blue. But my experience tells me that those are situational requirements more often than not.

Nice pulls, btw.

25 minutes ago, Boltlightning said:

But isn't Lucina and Effie really good?

Lucina is outclassed by Celica, so she is pretty redundant. Effie is super slow movement wise so that does not work too well with her Player Phase orientation, and NS!Corrin outclasses her by several miles. Cordelia is better than Effie in my opinion, but why use Cordelia when you have a flying mage?

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

XRay doesn’t like melees, and he likes armoured knights even less.

The limited movement in this game makes ranged units far superior to melee units in my opinion. Reinhardt can kill almost anything in his half of the map. Armor units may be more viable with Amelia around, but they are still locked into melee range until they release ranged armor units.

Is Nowi, Effie, Eirika, Nino a good team based on my available units, yes I do plan to upgrade them to 5 star. I'm getting back into the game so I don't know what's "meta"

I am willing to train an Olivia up to 5 star if she is viable. The Ike I have is a -atk +res IV which is why I did not consider using him

IMG_0308.PNG

Edited by Lunastria

3 hours ago, Lunastria said:

Is Nowi, Effie, Eirika, Nino a good team based on my available units, yes I do plan to upgrade them to 5 star. I'm getting back into the game so I don't know what's "meta"

I am willing to train an Olivia up to 5 star if she is viable. The Ike I have is a -atk +res IV which is why I did not consider using him

IMG_0308.PNG

The meta has always been high mobility and long attack range along with Dancer/Singer support. Nowi is great, but you have Mae, Olwen, and NS!Corrin and they are far better. I would drop Effie for Olivia. Unless you are a whale, Olivia should stay as 4* so you can merge her to +10 easily, which is about the equivalent of 5*+4/5.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

Triangle Adept for sure if you want her to be a wall of death against blue units. Quick Riposte allows her to kill any standard Reinhardt no matter what merge level he is. Renewal is not very viable in the Arena in my opinion since the damage dealt in there is so high that no form of healing can keep up.

Speaking of Fae, is Vantage/Lightning Breath good on her for Defense Teams? Or Quick Riposte 2 just generally better?

I've got a netural one and have too many Lon'qus to get rid of right now.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Fae, is Vantage/Lightning Breath good on her for Defense Teams? Or Quick Riposte 2 just generally better?

I've got a netural one and have too many Lon'qus to get rid of right now.

I personally prefer Quick Riposte since it gives her more kills, but some players may find Vantage more annoying to deal with. I never had trouble with her since I usually kill her with one round of Brave Bow, so I am not exactly sure what other players find more annoying to deal with.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Quick Riposte since it gives her more kills, but some players may find Vantage more annoying to deal with. I never had trouble with her since I usually kill her with one round of Brave Bow, so I am not exactly sure what other players find more annoying to deal with.

That's fair enough, I just wasn't sure with Fae since I don't see her enough. I guess Vantage can't really do much against Brave Weapons, which are mostly physical and Fae's more of a Restank.

Guess I'll just save those Lon'qus for Ikes or Ryomas then

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's fair enough, I just wasn't sure with Fae since I don't see her enough. I guess Vantage can't really do much against Brave Weapons, which are mostly physical and Fae's more of a Restank.

Guess I'll just save those Lon'qus for Ikes or Ryomas then

Using the calculator, Fae [+Atk, -Res, Lightning Breath, Fury, Quick Riposte] can counterkill BB!Cordelia [+Atk, -Def, Brave Bow, Luna, Life and Death]. Fae is barely fast enough to avoid being doubled and hit back twice with Quick Riposte assuming they are both at +10.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Using the calculator, Fae [+Atk, -Res, Lightning Breath, Fury, Quick Riposte] can counterkill BB!Cordelia [+Atk, -Def, Brave Bow, Luna, Life and Death]. Fae is barely fast enough to avoid being doubled and hit back twice with Quick Riposte.

...Is the +Atk necessary? I have a +Spd -HP variant that might be able to do it. Do note I intend to merge her with what I think is a +HP -Spd version, the results of this discussion might help me to decide which unit to use as a base.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Is the +Atk necessary? I have a +Spd -HP variant that might be able to do it. Do note I intend to merge her with what I think is a +HP -Spd version, the results of this discussion might help me to decide which unit to use as a base.

+Atk is not necessary, but that would be her best Boon if you plan to give her an Enemy Phase build. Fae just needs enough merges and Fury to be bulky. BB!Cordelia +Spd with the same skill set will still kill Fae though so watch out for those.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

+Atk is not necessary, but that would be her best Boon if you plan to give her an Enemy Phase build. Fae just needs enough merges and Fury to be bulky. BB!Cordelia +Spd with the same skill set will still kill Fae though so watch out for those.

Hm... the -HP actually kills her if Cordelia is +Atk. However, the +Spd does allow her to avoid enemy +Spds...

Keep the +Spd/-HP one as the base, slap one of the +HP seals on her and she's good to go on a defence team? (Fury also allows her to soak up quite a bit of Reinhardt, though obviously, she can't do both in one battle).

EDIT: Proof

Spoiler

31pvscB.png

Edited by phineas81707

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm... the -HP actually kills her if Cordelia is +Atk. However, the +Spd does allow her to avoid enemy +Spds...

Keep the +Spd/-HP one as the base, slap one of the +HP seals on her and she's good to go on a defence team? (Fury also allows her to soak up quite a bit of Reinhardt, though obviously, she can't do both in one battle).

Fae just needs a couple of merges. I do not think one merge is enough. Probably at least +2 or 3 to handle BB!Cordelia of the same merge level. HP +3 should solve it I think.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fae just needs a couple of merges. I do not think one merge is enough. Probably at least +2 or 3 to handle BB!Cordelia of the same merge level. +HP should solve it I think.

The merges seem unrealistic (those are my only Faes, I have never pulled a 4* Fae), but according to that proof, I think she'll be fine to handle one of Bridal Cordelia or Reinhardt, and really, that's all I want the baby to do defensively. I'm don't remember what that +1 actually gave her, though...

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The merges seem unrealistic (those are my only Faes, I have never pulled a 4* Fae), but according to that proof, I think she'll be fine to handle one of Bridal Cordelia or Reinhardt, and really, that's all I want the baby to do defensively. I'm don't remember what that +1 actually gave her, though...

I meant to say HP+3, not +HP nature. With HP+3 Sacred Seal, Fae barely survives with 1 HP and kills BB!Cordelia with no merges for both.

Never mind, ignore that. Fae should survive as long as she has Fury given your nature. Still getting used to the new calculator.

Edited by XRay

Just now, XRay said:

I meant to say HP+3, not +HP nature. With HP+3 Sacred Seal, Fae barely survives with 1 HP and kills BB!Cordelia with no merges for both.

Yep- it's actually the Fury damage that knocks her down to 1, she survives the battle with 6 (without a seal, the KO is perfect).

So I don't need the merge? Hm... the merge is still nice, and it's not exactly like Fae's skills are desperately needed elsewhere... and her best skills are those she can give if pulled at 4*... I'll continue to sit on it, but if I run out of space again while hunting for Tana, the Fae might be the first to go.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Yep- it's actually the Fury damage that knocks her down to 1, she survives the battle with 6 (without a seal, the KO is perfect).

So I don't need the merge? Hm... the merge is still nice, and it's not exactly like Fae's skills are desperately needed elsewhere... and her best skills are those she can give if pulled at 4*... I'll continue to sit on it, but if I run out of space again while hunting for Tana, the Fae might be the first to go.

Yeah, she does not need the merge, just Speed and Fury to avoid being doubled and have enough bulk.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How should I go about building Summer Corrin with -Res +HP? Do I have to use Blarblade? I want to keep Fortify Fliers on her so Catria can get Goad instead, but that means Corrin won't be buffed by it

As long as you're running Hone Flyers on your team, I'd definitly go with BlarBlade on her. If you're only using Goad and Ward buffs there's not much point though, so maybe an -Owl tome in that case? Or you could just keep her original tome, because why not?

-Blade tomes is what makes flying mages so broken though...

35 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

As long as you're running Hone Flyers on your team, I'd definitly go with BlarBlade on her. If you're only using Goad and Ward buffs there's not much point though, so maybe an -Owl tome in that case? Or you could just keep her original tome, because why not?

-Blade tomes is what makes flying mages so broken though...

I still don't have Hone Thighs. Hinoka refuses to come home D:

I don't have a Mae for an owl tome. I guess I'll keep her original tome for the time being until I get Hinoka

4 hours ago, XRay said:

The meta has always been high mobility and long attack range along with Dancer/Singer support. Nowi is great, but you have Mae, Olwen, and NS!Corrin and they are far better. I would drop Effie for Olivia. Unless you are a whale, Olivia should stay as 4* so you can merge her to +10 easily, which is about the equivalent of 5*+4/5.

So would Nino, Eirika still be good and if so would a pretty good team be Nino, Eirika, Olivia, and a blue Mage of my choice.

edit: I just found out my Nino has a -spd +res IV should I not bother grinding her up and just wait till I get another?

Edited by Lunastria

1 hour ago, Lunastria said:

So would Nino, Eirika still be good and if so would a pretty good team be Nino, Eirika, Olivia, and a blue Mage of my choice.

edit: I just found out my Nino has a -spd +res IV should I not bother grinding her up and just wait till I get another?

Nino is still decent with that nature, but you might not want to spend the feathers to promote her to 5*, since she's relatively common.

A -Blade tome with Erika buffs still hits like a truck though, and Nino has enough speed to double some things even with -Spd if she gets speed buffs.

Apart from that, adding a blue mage is rarely a bad idea, but if you don't have good ones there's no harm in adding a good lance unit or Nowi (the team would be perfect if you could replace Erika with Ephraim, or Olivia with Ninian/Azura so you don't need to double up on lance units, but this is still pretty good).