"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't have Eir.  She fit the mold better than Matthew would've, since I needed someone with Hone Speed.

Ah, has the opinion on Odin changed?  He seems to be pretty easy to take out when I go up against him, but the AI probably isn't using him to his full potential.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, has the opinion on Odin changed?  He seems to be pretty easy to take out when I go up against him, but the AI probably isn't using him to his full potential.

Odin, like the other -blade users, really appreciates a team that can buff him.  Unlike Tharja/Nino, he REALLY needs it to shine.  He trades their sheer offense for bulk, which turns him into some sort of weird off-tank.

In other words, don't leave him alive at less than half health, or you'll regret it next turn.

Honestly, I would like help with beating the current grand hero hard mission, with a team of MRobin, Clarine, Selena and Cherche, mostly because I can't get anyone to be useful as bait without being utterly ganked.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly, I would like help with beating the current grand hero hard mission, with a team of MRobin, Clarine, Selena and Cherche, mostly because I can't get anyone to be useful as bait without being utterly ganked.

Tanking the first round is honestly the hardest part of Robin's challenge; if you can manage that then cleanup shouldn't be too bad. If you have any units who can Hone or Rally Def/Res, you might want to consider using them to patch up an iffy stat of whoever needs it so they can tank the first round better. Beyond that, you probably just want to train up who you've got... I had to use my mostly-maxed units to get through it on Hard. 

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Tanking the first round is honestly the hardest part of Robin's challenge; if you can manage that then cleanup shouldn't be too bad. If you have any units who can Hone or Rally Def/Res, you might want to consider using them to patch up an iffy stat of whoever needs it so they can tank the first round better. Beyond that, you probably just want to train up who you've got... I had to use my mostly-maxed units to get through it on Hard. 

Thing is, Robin is level 40, Cherche and Selena are level 39 and Clarine is level 36. So not much more to go (though all except for 5* Robin are 4*).

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Thing is, Robin is level 40, Cherche and Selena are level 39 and Clarine is level 36. So not much more to go (though all except for 5* Robin are 4*).

Unless Selena can tank three mages and an axe, you'll need another option.

Oh bummer. Can't be helped, my fault for picking advanced fights when beginner would have been enough. Damn you Takumi+Robin combo

I was hoping next arena season would start before the time period for those quests would end.

By the way, I know that Great Knights are armored units on horses in the past and recent games, but is Frederick and Gunter still count as Armored Units in Heroes, correct? I did have Gunter in the game and there is a data mined info shows the next event going to have all Amored Team fought in the next Grand Battle.

51 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, I know that Great Knights are armored units on horses in the past and recent games, but is Frederick and Gunter still count as Armored Units in Heroes, correct? I did have Gunter in the game and there is a data mined info shows the next event going to have all Amored Team fought in the next Grand Battle.

Sadly Gunter and Frederick are calvary. I think there are only 4 armored units in game so far. Effie, Hector, Draug, and Gwendolyn. These units can only move at the snail speed of 1 square per turn. 

57 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Yeah, Great Knights count only as Cavalry.  I guess they wanted to avoid having units with multiple weaknesses.

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Sadly Gunter and Frederick are calvary. I think there are only 4 armored units in game so far. Effie, Hector, Draug, and Gwendolyn. These units can only move at the snail speed of 1 square per turn. 

Huh, I guess that's true.  I was thinking they had more Armors available, but I guess it's only the 4.  It's odd that we have more manaketes available than Armors.

12 minutes ago, Kiran said:

You forgot Sheena ~

5 minutes ago, Luxian said:

You forgot Sheena ~

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

So I did. So there are 5 armored units!  

You forgot Kellam, too.

Doing 9-5 Lunatic and need some team help. Here are my units. If there is anyone there that can help me but they're low, I can train them up and I know it's gonna be rough but I want to do it in one go.

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Doing 9-5 Lunatic and need some team help. Here are my units. If there is anyone there that can help me but they're low, I can train them up and I know it's gonna be rough but I want to do it in one go.

I don't recall what the stat lines look like on the 9-5 enemies, but I ended up doing it with F!Corrin, Camilla, Lyn, and Olivia (definitely have a look at the enemy stat lines before going in with this or similar, I'd imagine you should be ok subbing Anna for Camilla).

F!Corrin watched Xander, and the flier after him, kill themselves on her. Lyn's job was to eat damage from Veronica until she got Defiant Atk up to ORKO her (this is where you'd want to look at the stat lines, not sure if there are Lyn variants that can't ORKO even with Defiant Atk). Olivia danced her, and in my case, the healer was right behind Veronica, so Lyn went over and doubled her, which got Galeforce to proc. I don't remember if she got to safety, or if there was really nowhere for her to go (Corrin was still dealing with the reds to the left, with the blue mage approaching from the right). Camilla's only job was to handle the blue mage.

There are probably more effective ways to deal with that map...but that's the best I could do with what I had on hand at the time.

Let F!Corrin get hit by Xander, then let M!Robin finish the job on turn 2 (F!Corrin can cleanup). Lyn should one-round Veronica. Dancer!Olivia can let M!Robin get around a bit more.

The key to this fight is getting past Xander and still having high res units. Lyn should suffice for everything not-xander

@Elieson @LordFrigid thanks to both of you. Looks like the only thing I need to do is train up Olivia 

Edit: was gonna train Olivia but then I said screw it. Just beat it on my first try without looking up the stats XD

Edited by Arcanite
Needed to add something

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I had a 5* Tharja that could double and ORKO Veronica which made it alot easier. I think a 4* could do it too with a speed/attack buff from Serra could work. I think F!Robin could be a good choice as she can deal with the blue mage, Xander, and the troubadour. F!Corrin could handle Xander with some Serra support. I had Subaki from the free maps and he takes 0 damage from Xander with a Sapphire lance, so that could be an option if you're willing to promote and level him to stall Xander while you take out the rest of the guys.

@Arcanite Congrats! Yeah, Olivia doesn't need to be trained up at all for that. iirc I just bumped the 2* one from the hero battle to 3* to get Dance on her and used that. I ended up bumping her to 4* later so she wouldn't kill my Arena score when I had her on the team, and training her to 40 was...it was a bit of a pain, actually.