"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Soren+0 is able to handle BH!Lyn [+Atk, vanilla, merge+10] with that skill set. He will drop from 36 HP to 21HP, so he should be able to handle one or two BH!Lyns. If she is running Brave Bow with everything else being vanilla, then Soren will drop from 36 HP to 14 HP, so he can only take one of her.

That sounds good.  It will be nice to let my Soren see some action.

So I've got 2 Ikes... one is +ATK/-HP and one is +DEF/-HP. Couple questions.

1. Which one should I merge if I'm going for that? +ATK is +ATK, but 35 DEF is nothing to sneeze at. +ATK Ike merged is +4 ATK and +1 HP. +DEF Merged Ike is +3 DEF, +1 ATK and +1 HP.

2. If I was going to fodder Ike off, are there any units besides him that want Heavy Blade?

Just now, Zeo said:

So I've got 2 Ikes... one is +ATK/-HP and one is +DEF/-HP. Couple questions.

1. Which one should I merge if I'm going for that? +ATK is +ATK, but 35 DEF is nothing to sneeze at. +ATK Ike merged is +4 ATK and +1 HP. +DEF Merged Ike is +3 DEF, +1 ATK and +1 HP.

2. If I was going to fodder Ike off, are there any units besides him that want Heavy Blade?

1. +Atk. Is this even a questionses? Uwe hee hee!

2. Good skill for counterkill sets, we thinks, so long as you have a high enough Atk bases for it. See Xander, Ryoma, and other base 32+ unitses.

Not as good with a Brave Sword though, for obvious reasons.

So, here's a question:

If you're merging two units of equal star counts, and you're merging a unit with additional + levels into another of the same unit, will the two units' + levels be added together?

Say you merged an Ike +5 into an Ike +2; would that result in an Ike +8, or just an Ike +3?

Edited by Topaz Light

Just now, Topaz Light said:

So, here's a question:

If you're merging two units of equal star counts, and you're merging a unit with additional + levels into another of the same unit, will the two units' + levels be added together?

Say you merged an Ike +5 into an Ike +2; would that end up making an Ike +8, or just an Ike +3?

Ike +7, actually.

But yes!

1 minute ago, Legion! said:

Ike +7, actually.

But yes!

Ahhh, good to know!

The reason I wrote +8 instead of +7 is that I was assuming it'd still be counting the "base" addition of +1 for merging a character without any + levels and then adding all the + levels on top of that. So it'd essentially be +(merged's unit's + levels + 1) to the receivers + level.

Does it not work that way?

6 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

Ahhh, good to know!

The reason I wrote +8 instead of +7 is that I was assuming it'd still be counting the "base" addition of +1 for merging a character without any + levels and then adding all the + levels on top of that. So it'd essentially be +(merged's unit's + levels + 1) to the receivers + level.

Not to my understanding, though your assumption is reasonable.

25 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

Ahhh, good to know!

No. Unmerged unitses have a merge level of +0.

I have a few spare 4* Sorens. I have a 5* I pulled so I don't really need them...does anyone actually want watersweep? The sweep skills feel so niche, I wouldn't know who would want it.

Barring that, I'll just give fortify res to someone with a spare c-slot for my eventual infantry team

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

I have a few spare 4* Sorens. I have a 5* I pulled so I don't really need them...does anyone actually want watersweep? The sweep skills feel so niche, I wouldn't know who would want it.

Barring that, I'll just give fortify res to someone with a spare c-slot for my eventual infantry team

You can try giving it to dagger units or other ranged debuffers. However, that does take away their B slot for Seal skills to cause further debuffs.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Well I dumped Heavy Blade on my +atk Amelia just for laughs(that axe of hers is just a bit large). I fired up the calculator a bit later when trying to decide her B Skill and lo'and'behold. Heavy Blade+Ignis is rather competitive with Fury and L&D if you assume all your opponents have Fury and moonbow. Both seem to be rather common suggestions skill wise. Basically it seems like with the ward and goad in effect Heavy Blade nets you 1 less kill if you run Ignis vs Fury with bonfire and 1 more kill than if you run L&D or Fury with Ignis. However, Fury is better on her if you are facing L&D units. Honestly I wasn't expecting it to perform as well as it does. I gave it to her mostly as a joke. But Slaying Axe+, Heavy Blade 3, Ignis, and Vantage 3 are just painful for her enemies. Now if only we could sneak DC on there somehow!

Can't speak for other the other characters who were brought up, though I am pretty sure Xander would much rather run Fury. He's kinda slow and Heavy Blade in my experience does like to get a double or at the very least deny being doubled.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, any ideas what support skill I should put on Brave Lucina? I was thinking about a rally (speed in particular, but maybe another to spread out the stat buffing), or maybe my go to movement skills: Reposition and Swap. Thoughts?

I personally prefer Reposition for movement Assists. For Rally skills, I would go with Rally Attack or Rally Speed.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Reposition for movement Assists. For Rally skills, I would go with Rally Attack or Rally Speed.

Reposition is typically the most popular option, but I have swap on normal Lucina and Chrom, and I loved it. 

Hey, so I chose Lyn as my free unit, but then I ended up pulling a +spd -def Lyn from the banner. I was just wondering if a) those are good IVs for her, b) if it would be worth merging them, and c) if I were to merge them, which one should I end up keeping?

1 minute ago, Khid said:

Hey, so I chose Lyn as my free unit, but then I ended up pulling a +spd -def Lyn from the banner. I was just wondering if a) those are good IVs for her, b) if it would be worth merging them, and c) if I were to merge them, which one should I end up keeping?

Given Lyn has exceptionally good Speed and fairly worthless Defense, that nature couldn't be any better if it were +Attack instead. Merging the two would result in even more speed for Lyn, so you should probably merge the Neutral Lyn into the +Spd Lyn.

Unless you have a unit who needs Swift Sparrow 2, in which case use the Neutral Lyn on them and keep the +Spd Lyn.

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Given Lyn has exceptionally good Speed and fairly worthless Defense, that nature couldn't be any better if it were +Attack instead. Merging the two would result in even more speed for Lyn, so you should probably merge the Neutral Lyn into the +Spd Lyn.

Unless you have a unit who needs Swift Sparrow 2, in which case use the Neutral Lyn on them and keep the +Spd Lyn.

Alright thank you! I was planning on merging the neutral one, but I wanted another opinion, so thank you for that!

3 minutes ago, Khid said:

In general, boons are more important than banes. Usually, for Player Phase builds, as long as the boon is either +Atk/Spd and the bane is -HP/Def/Res, then the unit is fine.

I would not merge them since you may need a neutral, vanilla Lyn for Grand Hero Battles.

If you feel confident and 100% sure that you do not need her for Grand Hero Battles, then I would keep the +Spd -Def one and use the neutral one for fodder.