"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they below 5*? If so, you can level them to 20+ and look up the stats for their next star rank using "Unlock Potential", and run those numbers through whatever boon/bane calculator you're using. If not, I'm pretty sure the only way is to take them all the way to 40 (though you can make some pretty accurate guesses a few levels before then).

38 minutes ago, Elieson said:

3* Olivia costs 200 feathers, gives you Dance and Hone Atk 2. 4* gets Hone Atk 3. There's not much of a need to have 4* vs 3*.

2000 Feathers isn't too bad, and if you want to have Olivia in Arena, having a 4* hurts less than a 3*.

I went to look at base stats on the wiki to see what boon/bane my units have, and when I went to preview my Felicia4's bases if she were to be promoted to 5*, her def and res are both 1 point higher than the boon version of the 5*, while she seemingly only had 1 bane stat (spd). She is a +1 unit, but theoretically that just cuts feather usage and shouldn't affect stats. Is the wiki stats inaccurate? Is it something else? 

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I went to look at base stats on the wiki to see what boon/bane my units have, and when I went to preview my Felicia4's bases if she were to be promoted to 5*, her def and res are both 1 point higher than the boon version of the 5*, while she seemingly only had 1 bane stat (spd). She is a +1 unit, but theoretically that just cuts feather usage and shouldn't affect stats. Is the wiki stats inaccurate? Is it something else? 

Did you account for Res+ skills? That might be screwing it up.
Edit: Depending on which calculator, it's going to account for the highest tier Res+ skill automatically.

Would it be fine to ask for Arena team composition help here?

Edited by Dual Dragons

11 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Would it be fine to ask for Arena team composition help here?

Go for it.

8 minutes ago, EvilElectro said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if a +ATK/-HP Nino is good?

Since Nino wants to kill things, and not be hit, yes.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Go for it.

Cool.

The current bonus characters have Narcian and I'm unfortunately lacking in other bonus characters.

Current team:

- +Atk/-Spd 5* Robin
- +Spd/-Def 5* Marth
- +Res/-Atk 4* Olivia
- neutral Narcian

All Level 40 of their rarities. I'm asking if there's a way to replace Olivia without hampering my team tremendously. She's bringing the score down a bit.

Here's roster pictures:

Spoiler

IMG_2565_zps6zhse1v2.png

IMG_2566_zps9dsdrgxr.png

Rest are 2* and 1* units. I've got all of them (including Hero Battles). From Barst up are all Level 40s. I don't think Shanna will work even for skills since she's +Def/-Atk. My feather count is nearly 20K so I don't mind spending 2K on someone. I plan to do a safety run of the current run, then try any combination someone suggests.

EDIT: I got the final 1K feathers from a quest and now have 20K. Don't know if it's worth to 5* anyone, including Olivia, when it's going to take out pretty much my whole pile of feathers.

4 hours ago, Nymphia said:

Should I use my +atk -spd Reinhardt, or +res -def? I want to use him for my cavalry team.

I'm inclined to say +Atk one. Even neutral Speed Reinhardt is 18 Speed. If he's going to be that slow, might as well kill things with power.

Edited by Dual Dragons

24 minutes ago, Nymphia said:

Should I use my +atk -spd Reinhardt, or +res -def? I want to use him for my cavalry team.

Go with +Atk as the brave tome effect essentially turns that extra 3 Atk into 6 more damage. His speed is already garbage, and the only effect -spd has is that he gets doubled by -spd  Hector.

Edited by Korath88

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

She is a +1 unit, but theoretically that just cuts feather usage and shouldn't affect stats. Is the wiki stats inaccurate? Is it something else? 

+1 means she got +1 to two random stats.

28 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2565_zps6zhse1v2.png

IMG_2566_zps9dsdrgxr.png

I'm inclined to say +Atk one. Even neutral Speed Reinhardt is 18 Speed. If he's going to be that slow, might as well kill things with power.

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Go with +Atk as the brave tome effect essentially turns that extra 3 Atk into 6 more damage. His speed is already garbage, and the only effect -spd has is that he gets doubled by -spd  Hector.

Okay, I'll use the +atk one then! Thank you for the help!

Just collected my payout and now it is time! Who should I five star, or should I wait until I get a better hero because these ones aren't so good? Here are my heroes again

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Just collected my payout and now it is time! Who should I five star, or should I wait until I get a better hero because these ones aren't so good? Here are my heroes again

Wait until Inherit becomes a thing, before worrying about 5* :)

6 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

Did you account for Res+ skills? That might be screwing it up.
Edit: Depending on which calculator, it's going to account for the highest tier Res+ skill automatically.

Ah, yeah, I forgot about Res+. Still, her defense is 1 over, though.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

+1 means she got +1 to two random stats.

I'm aware, except I was previewing her bases as a 5* (she's a 4*) and as far as I know the +level stats from a lower star version doesn't carry over.

Unless that is not the case.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think it's either +Atk or +Spd, and -Res. He basically doesn't want his Def to be bane'd because Bonfire, or his Spd to be bane'd because he's already relatively slow. I'm not 100% sure if +Spd lets him escape doubling by enough common threats to make it a better boon than +Atk though (leaning toward no, but I'd have to look).

Edited by LordFrigid

22 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I think it's either +Atk or +Spd, and -Res. He basically doesn't want his Def to be bane'd because Bonfire, or his Spd to be bane'd because he's already relatively slow. I'm not 100% sure if +Spd lets him escape doubling by enough common threats to make it a better boon than +Atk though (leaning toward no, but I'd have to look).

Oh poop. Mine is -Speed.. Oh, but +Def though, that's something I suppose x___x +speed certainly seems useful given Defiant Speed. shame mine can't properly take advantage of that OTL

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh poop. Mine is -Speed.. Oh, but +Def though, that's something I suppose x___x +speed certainly seems useful given Defiant Speed. shame mine can't properly take advantage of that OTL

Thanks!

+/- basicaly mean +/- 3 in the respective stats. It'll boost Bonfire damage slightly but +Spd matters with DefiantSpeed being a larger numbers skill

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

+/- basicaly mean +/- 3 in the respective stats. It'll boost Bonfire damage slightly but +Spd matters with DefiantSpeed being a larger numbers skill

...so what you're saying is... my Robin sucks...? .3. that's the sense I get =3= TBH he feels significantly weaker than every other Robin I've ever fought anyway... ;;; haha... Oh well, what can you do?

Just now, BANRYU said:

...so what you're saying is... my Robin sucks...? .3. that's the sense I get =3= TBH he feels significantly weaker than every other Robin I've ever fought anyway... ;;; haha... Oh well, what can you do?

Robin at top level is going to feel a bit underwhelming. His stat spread is very middle-ground, which doesn't give you much confidence. Until you get there, though, he'll feel very underwhelming

His purpose lies in his Eff vs Colorless, and his -Spd only helps him get doubled by more dudes. :(

I would like to construct an arena team around Odin (because the x2 bonus is quite essential, and my only other bonus character is a 2* Narcian).  Where would you guys suggest I begin based off of my roster (included in Spoilers below)?  Since there are only 6 days left in the season, characters that are already decently leveled would be preferable.

Currently Leveled Units

Spoiler

Basically Wrys and higher, as Sharena and Cecilia will require some more long term investment to be usable, and the potential of 5* Shanna trumps the slightly better-leveled 4* version.

Level 1 Units with Potential

Spoiler

3 star units might be too weak to hoof it in the current meta, but I know some of you (eclipse maybe?) might be interested in them.

Units likely too costly to be made usable atm

Spoiler

These are mostly feather fodder/skil fodderl/+1 boosts in the making, but who knows, there might be something here.

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to reaching my attachment limit, the relevant pictures now live here: http://imgur.com/a/idS8V