Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I have a question about Merric and if he is salvageable or not. Other then Boey I have no green mages so I was pretty happy I pulled a +attack/-resistance Merric, but at 4 stars his performance in the training tower has been awful. Too little resistance to bait blue mages, not fast enough to double much and his damage isn't that good either with his poor weapon might. +hp and spur resistance are not exiting skills either. Does the boost in stats from being a five star and his own legendary tome salvage him a bit or should I just drop him off completely?

I also managed to pull a +speed/-resistance Katarina who i'm considering to train. I already have a lot of red mages though with both Leo's (meh), +speed/-hp Raigh (a bit better then Leo) and a Sanaki nuke so I'm not sure if she will add a lot to my team.

And my last question is about Zephiel. Should I swap life or death  with something like Earth boost? Wary fighter and bad speed probably isn't the best combo with life and death

I wouldn't invest too much in Merric if you try to get a good green mage. Save those feathers for Nino, who is available as 3* and 4* pull and a pretty great mage with the best green tome. 

/Edit: I forgot about Cecilia. She is better than Merric and freely available. 

I was never so lucky to pull a Katarina, but from what I know she should be really great, one of the fastes mages and comes with the rare Swift Sparrow skill. 

Edited by mampfoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Is a +RES-SPD Titania worth promoting? I'm missing a 5* green melee cav (+ATK Frederick avoids me) and her RES could become handy against Reinhardt/Olwen/Ursula/Reinhardt-emblem. No DC fodder in sight though. 

My 5* queue:

  •   Reveal hidden contents

     

    • Anna (to join Sharena in 5* land)
    • Brave+ for Cherche
    • Cordelia (promote a +ATK copy and merge the other into her for +1)
    • Fae +ATK -HP
    • Lightning+ for Fae
    • Cecilia (neutral)
    • Nowi +RES-HP
    • Lukas +DEF -ATK
    • Valter (just for fun, i got many great lance flyers)
    • M!Robin +DEF-HP
    • Ursula (my only blarblade horse)

     

     

I am not sure about the -Spd bane, but I think she should still be able to take double attacks from blue mages. Since you do not have Distant Counter, I would double down on her Resistance with Fury; Resistance +3 is also fine if you want to go cheap for Arena Assault. Distant Def would also work very well if you have a spare Celica, but that is as expensive as Distant Counter since the whole skill tree is 5* locked.

1 hour ago, Zelgius said:

I have a +spd/-def Lyn that I'm using Death Blow 3 and Brash Assault with. Is Luna preferred over Dragonic Aura? The combat simulator suggests DA would be better, but I see many people suggest Luna.

I would follow what the calculator says. The difference is usually minor, so if you do not have one of them, then go with the other.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I also managed to pull a +speed/-resistance Katarina who i'm considering to train. I already have a lot of red mages though with both Leo's (meh), +speed/-hp Raigh (a bit better then Leo) and a Sanaki nuke so I'm not sure if she will add a lot to my team.

And my last question is about Zephiel. Should I swap life or death  with something like Earth boost? Wary fighter and bad speed probably isn't the best combo with life and death

Katarina is top tier Blade mage. If you do not have a spare Tharja, she will still work fine with her normal tome.

I think the game developers wanted Zephiel to tank a magic attack with Life and Death and Wary Fighter and then hit back with Reprisal. I do not think it works well in practice though. I would save your SP for Fury. Earth Boost is not very reliable especially after Zephial gets in combat once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where else to ask, so I'm asking here:

Some days ago I got a +Spd -HP Oboro that I want to make my 3th goldeen Oboro, so... are these skills good for her?

  • Brave Lance+
  • Fury
  • Vantage
  • Something like threat atk/def (whatever I get first)

Lot of sp I know, but I wanted to promote her now that we have double sp... But, is good for her or I keep the skills for a better nature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

I don't know where else to ask, so I'm asking here:

Some days ago I got a +Spd -HP Oboro that I want to make my 3th goldeen Oboro, so... are these skills good for her?

  • Brave Lance+
  • Fury
  • Vantage
  • Something like threat atk/def (whatever I get first)

Lot of sp I know, but I wanted to promote her now that we have double sp... But, is good for her or I keep the skills for a better nature?

If you have Death Blow, I would use that over Fury, but Fury is fine.

I would change Vantage for Lancebreaker. I do not think she will do enough damage with Brave Lance on Enemy Phase and she is not fast enough to double attack to make up for it.

Both sound good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure about the -Spd bane, but I think she should still be able to take double attacks from blue mages. Since you do not have Distant Counter, I would double down on her Resistance with Fury; Resistance +3 is also fine if you want to go cheap for Arena Assault. Distant Def would also work very well if you have a spare Celica, but that is as expensive as Distant Counter since the whole skill tree is 5* locked.

[...] 

I will do some budget SI like you suggested (no spare Celica or Hector) and try her with 4* in Arena assault. She already got QR and Iceberg, but I'm out of fury fodder (I'll save my last Hinata for premium projects). My 5* queue is long enough to have her wait a little, perhaps a better nature will show up meanwhile. 

22 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I don't know where else to ask, so I'm asking here:

Some days ago I got a +Spd -HP Oboro that I want to make my 3th goldeen Oboro, so... are these skills good for her?

  • Brave Lance+
  • Fury
  • Vantage
  • Something like threat atk/def (whatever I get first)

Lot of sp I know, but I wanted to promote her now that we have double sp... But, is good for her or I keep the skills for a better nature?

That built sounds good, except for the B-Skill what @XRay wrote. Also her +SPD will be kind wasted with a brave lance, +ATK or +DEF would be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very quick question, is Heavy Blade/Blazing Durandal affected by the likes of Spur Attack/Drive Attack, Gierskogul, or any battle-initiating buffs such as Death Blow or Swift Sparrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have Death Blow, I would use that over Fury, but Fury is fine.

I would change Vantage for Lancebreaker. I do not think she will do enough damage with Brave Lance on Enemy Phase and she is not fast enough to double attack to make up for it.

Both sound good.

 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That built sounds good, except for the B-Skill what @XRay wrote. Also her +SPD will be kind wasted with a brave lance, +ATK or +DEF would be better. 

Sadly I don't have Death Blow, excep Ursula, but she only gives DB2 as 4... But I have 3 spare hinatas haha.

I have lancebreaker to pass! I can give her that! Mmm, I don't have another +Atk Oboro, I have a 3* one that is also +Spd-Def, and then the neutral one from the quest... That's why I'm giving priority to +Spd one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Those in Tier 20 Arena. What is the cutoff score usually around in order to stay in Tier 20? I've been going back and forth from 19 to 20 for a while. Just curious what I would need to stay in 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 0:41 PM, XRay said:

Yeah, merge+5 is +2 to all your stats. However, also keep in mind that the enemies you face in the Arena will be stronger too, even with Triangle Adept, I do not think A!Tiki can survive Julia if she is [+Spd, Naga, Life and Death], so you need another red or colorless unit to counter her.

That calculator is working for me now, so here are the sets for Nowi and Fae:

Nowi +Atk -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 128:9:31
Enemy Phase [Merge+5] 126:8:34
Enemy Phase [Merge+10] 111:8:49
Enemy Phase [-Spd] 129:17:22
Enemy Phase [-Spd, Merge+5] 127:16:25
Enemy Phase [-Spd, Merge+10] 115:15:38

Speed bane will allow Nowi to activate Moonbow, so she can get an extra kill provided that she can survive being doubled. However, the few extra kills may or may not be worth doubling her losses depending on your play style and preferences.

Nowi +Atk -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [No Greens]  109:6:19
Enemy Phase [No Greens, Merge+5] 105:6:23
Enemy Phase [No Greens, Merge+10] 105:5:24
Enemy Phase [No Greens, -Spd]  109:7:19
Enemy Phase [No Greens, -Spd, Merge+5] 108:7:19
Enemy Phase [No Greens, -Spd, Merge+10] 108:6:20

Similar to above, -Spd will ger her a few more kills in exchange for more losses.

Fae +Atk -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [No Reds] 86:6:24
Enemy Phase [No Reds, Merge+5] 82:5:29
Enemy Phase [No Reds, Merge+10] 82:4:30

Speed bane gets Fae killed a lot more often with no upside.

I kept Palla's Ruby Sword since her main job is just to kill greens. She runs Axebreaker and Goad Fliers. I gave her Attack +3, although she should be using Fury, but I do not use her often enough to bother changing it. She should also have Reposition, but I have not have a huge need for Assists during flier quests.

I don't think I'll be running a full dragon team so I'll most likely have someone to deal with Julia. 

For Nowi, I think I'll go with the Speed bane version since most reds I see in the arena are quite fast anyway. I most likely will just go with that Fae set whenever I pull a good version of her. 

What are the natures on that Palla? Both her attack and speed are decent but I'm leaning towards speed since 31 speed isn't that good. 

Got a question for physical brave sets. What's the recommended speed the unit should have to effectively run such a brave set with Desperation? I feel like I've seen people say 35 speed but I feel like that speed is a little bit low for any units that doesn't get access to horse, flier, and/or armor boosts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a level 30-ish Est with neutral stats and I just pulled another Est with +Atk -Def, would it be worth the trouble of leveling up the +Atk Est or I should just keep the neutral one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I don't think I'll be running a full dragon team so I'll most likely have someone to deal with Julia. 

For Nowi, I think I'll go with the Speed bane version since most reds I see in the arena are quite fast anyway. I most likely will just go with that Fae set whenever I pull a good version of her. 

What are the natures on that Palla? Both her attack and speed are decent but I'm leaning towards speed since 31 speed isn't that good. 

Got a question for physical brave sets. What's the recommended speed the unit should have to effectively run such a brave set with Desperation? I feel like I've seen people say 35 speed but I feel like that speed is a little bit low for any units that doesn't get access to horse, flier, and/or armor boosts.  

Mine is -HP and I think it is +Atk. I am trying to pull a [+Atk, -Res] but I have not got one yet, so I am using the -HP for now.

35 Speed is the bare minimum in my opinion. 35 Speed includes skills and buffs, so the unit itself can be a little slower if you buff it well with Hones and Spurs. And the more merged units you use and face, the higher the Speed minimum should be. If you consistently see +5 merged units, I would boost the Speed minimum to 37. If you see +10, then the minimum should be 39.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GenericHero said:

I have a level 30-ish Est with neutral stats and I just pulled another Est with +Atk -Def, would it be worth the trouble of leveling up the +Atk Est or I should just keep the neutral one?

+ATK is worth the trouble. Est likes brave lance and brave builds are usually better with ATK boon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JSND, what build is your Eliwood running?

I figure since he and Ninian are my only x1.4 bonus heroes for the mini-Tempest Trials, he's going to end up with a ton of SP, so I might as well make use of that and I like Eliwood, so it would be worth it to me to invest in him compared to Berkut who apparently is a good villain, but I never played Echoes, so I can't say anything... (If only Berkut had 37 base attack...)

I know about his Death Blow build with a +Atk or +Spd Eliwood and now that Def Ploy is a thing, -Def or -Res is up to the player if they want to use Def Ploy or not, but I just want some ideas. Also, I remember someone running a Darting Blow Eliwood and I think a T-Adept Eliwood build. Swift Sparrow on +Atk or +Spd Eliwood gets better results than Death Blow or Darting Blow, but that would require using a spare BH Lyn since Katarina refuses to ever show up and Fury works too since it's just 1 less attack and speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a 3-star Cherche from the new banner that I thought had a bad boon/bane, but she's actually +Atk/-HP, which I think would be better than my current 4-star +Def/-Res one. Would it be worth it to train her up and replace or merge my current one? I have a Camilla that could be Brave Axe+ fodder, so I wouldn't mind working on her if the extra attack is worth the lower bulk and slightly worse bane. I assume Death Blow would be best with the Brave Axe+, but what would be good for the rest of the skills? I got another extra Clair that could give Hit and Run, or a Laslow that could give Axebreaker, but other skills might be better, and I'm not sure what special and assist would be best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Got a 3-star Cherche from the new banner that I thought had a bad boon/bane, but she's actually +Atk/-HP, which I think would be better than my current 4-star +Def/-Res one. Would it be worth it to train her up and replace or merge my current one? I have a Camilla that could be Brave Axe+ fodder, so I wouldn't mind working on her if the extra attack is worth the lower bulk and slightly worse bane. I assume Death Blow would be best with the Brave Axe+, but what would be good for the rest of the skills? I got another extra Clair that could give Hit and Run, or a Laslow that could give Axebreaker, but other skills might be better, and I'm not sure what special and assist would be best.

Cherche is in the weird spot where she doesn't really need a B skill to function.

Hit and Run and Drag Back give you general positioning utility, though it can also screw you up if you forget it's there. Cancel Affinity lets her break through Triangle Adept red units, but those aren't common in the Arena (somewhat more common in PvE modes, though). Axebreaker gives her reliable kills against axe armors that aren't running Wary Fighter. Wings of Mercy gives you teleportation shenanigans.

Special skill is definitely Bonfire. Assist is usually Reposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a +atk -spd Innes and I was wondering if he's salvageable with those IVs and if so, which skills would be best for him? I'd rather keep Nidhogg as his weapon because I don't have 20k feathers to get brave bow+

Edited by Khid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cherche is in the weird spot where she doesn't really need a B skill to function.

Hit and Run and Drag Back give you general positioning utility, though it can also screw you up if you forget it's there. Cancel Affinity lets her break through Triangle Adept red units, but those aren't common in the Arena (somewhat more common in PvE modes, though). Axebreaker gives her reliable kills against axe armors that aren't running Wary Fighter. Wings of Mercy gives you teleportation shenanigans.

Special skill is definitely Bonfire. Assist is usually Reposition.

That's... actually kinda comforting to hear. I'll probably try to give her Wings of Mercy eventually, but I'm very low on units that have it while I've had more Clairs than I know what to do with, so I'll just throw Hit and Run on her for now. I also have far too many Male Robins and Adult Tikis, so I'll happily get rid of one of those for Bonfire. Speaking of, before I accidentally sacrifice a good Adult Tiki, what's an ideal boon/bane for her, and good skills to give? I've got two -Res ones, one with +Atk and the other with +Def. Also a +Spd/-HP one, but it doesn't seem like she'd benefit from more speed compared to attack or defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@JSND, what build is your Eliwood running?

I figure since he and Ninian are my only x1.4 bonus heroes for the mini-Tempest Trials, he's going to end up with a ton of SP, so I might as well make use of that and I like Eliwood, so it would be worth it to me to invest in him compared to Berkut who apparently is a good villain, but I never played Echoes, so I can't say anything... (If only Berkut had 37 base attack...)

I know about his Death Blow build with a +Atk or +Spd Eliwood and now that Def Ploy is a thing, -Def or -Res is up to the player if they want to use Def Ploy or not, but I just want some ideas. Also, I remember someone running a Darting Blow Eliwood and I think a T-Adept Eliwood build. Swift Sparrow on +Atk or +Spd Eliwood gets better results than Death Blow or Darting Blow, but that would require using a spare BH Lyn since Katarina refuses to ever show up and Fury works too since it's just 1 less attack and speed.

I would say Def Ploy is with -HP

I ran Eliwood +SPD with TA because i mostly use him as a 3 Mov Axe check. It works somewhat well when i used it on TT1. Granted atm if you stack buff on him, and proper skills Eliwood can 47-49 speed(with Fury adding 3, Hone adding 6, and Goad adding 4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I got a Hector with my free summon from the TT banner and I was wondering if I should give someone DC. I do have a Hector already, and the ivs were the same (-hp/+res). 

I was thinking of passing it to maybe Brave Ike (neutral), Amelia (-spd/+def), or Brave Roy (-spd/+hp). Should I just wait until after the Black Knight GHB to see what he has or see if he needs it? I don't have Zephiel, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JSND said:

I would say Def Ploy is with -HP

I ran Eliwood +SPD with TA because i mostly use him as a 3 Mov Axe check. It works somewhat well when i used it on TT1. Granted atm if you stack buff on him, and proper skills Eliwood can 47-49 speed(with Fury adding 3, Hone adding 6, and Goad adding 4)

With Def Ploy being locked behind summer Gaius and never summoning, him, it's not a deal-breaker for me.

The three best Eliwoods I have are +Atk, -Res, +Spd, -HP, and +Spd, -Def. -Def is really iffy since he drops down to 20 defense and that's kind of terrible for a melee unit who is not really fast by default. +Atk would let him reach a high total attack, but BH Roy exists and so do Cain and Luke. -HP also ends up with more losses, but those were probably units he shouldn't have been winning against anyway.

Checking the calculator, Death Blow doesn't seem to be as great on Eliwood compared to Darting Blow, Fury, or Swift Sparrow which makes sense since Eliwood's base attack is 31 which isn't that high enough to let him one-shot a lot of units and even then, high attack units tend to use Brave weapons to double with their high attack. +Spd can work it, but Swordbreaker is needed give him the most wins.

Not sure what to do with him other than give him Reposition. BH Roy existing makes me feel like it might be better for Eliwood to do his own thing when BH Roy can do the same builds as Eliwood, but better. Except the only thing he can do well that no other sword cavaliers can do is mage counter, but Durandal's effect would require he initiates combat which some mage counters don't, so it might be better for a different high resistance sword cavalier to do that. Eh, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

With Def Ploy being locked behind summer Gaius and never summoning, him, it's not a deal-breaker for me.

The three best Eliwoods I have are +Atk, -Res, +Spd, -HP, and +Spd, -Def. -Def is really iffy since he drops down to 20 defense and that's kind of terrible for a melee unit who is not really fast by default. +Atk would let him reach a high total attack, but BH Roy exists and so do Cain and Luke. -HP also ends up with more losses, but those were probably units he shouldn't have been winning against anyway.

Checking the calculator, Death Blow doesn't seem to be as great on Eliwood compared to Darting Blow, Fury, or Swift Sparrow which makes sense since Eliwood's base attack is 31 which isn't that high enough to let him one-shot a lot of units and even then, high attack units tend to use Brave weapons to double with their high attack. +Spd can work it, but Swordbreaker is needed give him the most wins.

Not sure what to do with him other than give him Reposition. BH Roy existing makes me feel like it might be better for Eliwood to do his own thing when BH Roy can do the same builds as Eliwood, but better. Except the only thing he can do well that no other sword cavaliers can do is mage counter, but Durandal's effect would require he initiates combat which some mage counters don't, so it might be better for a different high resistance sword cavalier to do that. Eh, I don't know.

Yeah atm Brave Roy basically does everything Eliwood does, theres not much to be said about him in comparison

Eliwood's only unique set over Brave Roy requires Def Ploy

SB Eliwood is indeed his best offensive minded build(as with almost every Sword unit actually) as far as coverage goes. I just didn't use it because i lacked the units lol. Axebreaker is currently nice for Arena since Amelia Effie Hector Zephiel is so damn common, although i'm pretty sure TT won't be the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camilla (the brave-axe one) has been surprisingly useful for the flier emblem quests. She has just enough bulk that most of the people in TT don't actually damage her, due to the fact that enemy stats aren't min-maxed at all. Lacking reposition on any of my fliers (bar Cordelia, who has maxed merit, so I'm not running) meant that someone who can just walk out front and stall while other people killed things is great.

It helps that after Hinkoa's buffs she's quite competent herself, too.

(And Vanilla Mathilda is also unexpected useful in AA---Xander and Cecilia is a fairly common pairing, because my score isn't high enough to push out GHB units yet---and she destroys Xander no matter what while neutering Cecilia's TA-3 Gonnraven, which is a tad more common than the -blade build. I really need more repositions, though---unit quality isn't much of a problem since there are quite a few ultra-competent 4*s out there, but positioning becomes a major hurdle when you're fighting basically 10 stats down, meaning any matchup you don't straight up win is one you get ORKOd in.)

Edit: Lul, meant to post this in general.

Edited by DehNutCase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSND said:

Yeah atm Brave Roy basically does everything Eliwood does, theres not much to be said about him in comparison

Eliwood's only unique set over Brave Roy requires Def Ploy

SB Eliwood is indeed his best offensive minded build(as with almost every Sword unit actually) as far as coverage goes. I just didn't use it because i lacked the units lol. Axebreaker is currently nice for Arena since Amelia Effie Hector Zephiel is so damn common, although i'm pretty sure TT won't be the same

Eliwood's stat spread being weird compared to his Blazing Sword self is another thing. Average attack and speed is Eliwood, but high resistance over defense is curious. Unless it's to show how older Eliwood isn't as sturdy as he used to be, then sure.

I think I'm going to keep Eliwood for general use and not serious use, so Axebreaker or Swordbreaker would be fine. Problem is that there are more sword units than axe units, so having Swordbreaker would work for the Tempest Trials too.

What do I do with you, Eliwood? All that SP is going to sit there and mock me. And using units for SI would be nice too; I currently have 334/370 units.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Eliwood's stat spread being weird compared to his Blazing Sword self is another thing. Average attack and speed is Eliwood, but high resistance over defense is curious. Unless it's to show how older Eliwood isn't as sturdy as he used to be, then sure.

I think I'm going to keep Eliwood for general use and not serious use, so Axebreaker or Swordbreaker would be fine. Problem is that there are more sword units than axe units, so having Swordbreaker would work for the Tempest Trials too.

What do I do with you, Eliwood? All that SP is going to sit there and mock me. And using units for SI would be nice too; I currently have 334/370 units.

Older Eliwood was supposed to be bullshitly overpowered though, and older Eliwood have higher def than res as well

 

The only reason he had as much res as he did is because Eliwood is an archetypical Paladin, and Paladin had high res(not really high, but Paladin get +6 or so Res Swing in Shadow Dragon) which is like the same reason Jagen had it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...