"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Both seem pretty good. I guess it depends on what build you are trying to give her. Or you can just keep both. [+Spd, -Res] works really well with non Brave weapons. [+Atk, -Def] can be used for blue mage tanking and maybe even counter killing if you want to sacrifice a Hector.

I won't be giving her DC, I'll likely be using some random budget A skill like Atk+3, Defiant Atk, Darting Blow, etc. (probably not Fury). I want to keep her Emerald Axe, but I might not be using her in Horse Emblem all the time. Is she still fast enough to run Desperation? Is it worth the B slot or should I give her a breaker skill of some sort?

Edit: Looking for her to be a Reinhardt counter without DC, best build without Horse Emblem. I imagine -Res would affect Iceberg damage.

Edited by Tragonight

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Fair enough, that was just me forgetting to recalculate down from +10 (Ike gains a lot from multiple merges, since 1 hp is very nearly 1 res for him---@ +0 you achieve the 2HKO around 56 Atk rather than 64 Atk for +10, I subtracted 4 for the merge but forgot to subtract 4 for Ike being ridiculously good with more hp.) Also note that Ike doesn't need to be +Hp or Res, a simple Hp seal is fine. (Atk +1 seal doesn't do jack because Urvan makes 3 Hp worth about 2.5 Atk.)

That said---3/4/4/2 will only ever happen with Eirika or Ephraim, next to the -blade tomer, AND they can't have reposition, which simplifies enemy phase after killing the -blade tomer immensely. A ranged unit that KOs them and getting repositioned out is completely safe, and so is the person who repositioned, so Ike being at low health doesn't actually matter, because a Dancer + reposition on Ike combo obtains the same kind of movement.

Good point. HP +3 Sacred Seal can definitely fix it. I still would not use Ike as a mage tank though unless absolutely necessary, it seems too risky.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Good point. HP +3 Sacred Seal can definitely fix it. I still would not use Ike as a mage tank though unless absolutely necessary, it seems too risky.

I mostly make him tank as a positioning thing---that is, to setup a good player phase turn. Mind, you probably have other units for that---I don't because all my units are made of paper.

9 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I won't be giving her DC, I'll likely be using some random budget A skill like Atk+3, Defiant Atk, Darting Blow, etc. (probably not Fury). I want to keep her Emerald Axe, but I might not be using her in Horse Emblem all the time. Is she still fast enough to run Desperation? Is it worth the B slot or should I give her a breaker skill of some sort?

Edit: Looking for her to be a Reinhardt counter without DC, best build without Horse Emblem. I imagine -Res would affect Iceberg damage.

For Desperation, I would use Darting Blow if you do not want to use Fury. There is no absolute line that says 34 Speed is not good enough for Desperation, but I feel that 35 is the bare minimum for a unit to use Desperation effectively.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Desperation, I would use Darting Blow if you do not want to use Fury. There is no absolute line that says 34 Speed is not good enough for Desperation, but I feel that 35 is the bare minimum for a unit to use Desperation effectively.

So, go with the +Atk -Def one for maximum blue mage tank potential?

2 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

So, go with the +Atk -Def one for maximum blue mage tank potential?

Yes. The only natures in my opinion that can top that is either [+Spd, -Def] or [+Res, -Def]. +Spd will make her hard to be doubled, and +Res makes it hard to dent her.

Edited by XRay

I need Distant Counter for a few units (Clive mostly), and, well, Hector is in the Tempest Trials banner. I'm happy with where my current Hector is (+Spd -HP), so I'd only be using whatever Hectors I get for DC.

Should I summon from the Tempest Trials banner before I mass summon from the Brave Heroes banner?

Also my last question got ignored, so let me ask again...

On 9/5/2017 at 9:24 AM, Xenomata said:

Very quick question, is Heavy Blade/Blazing Durandal affected by the likes of Spur Attack/Drive Attack, Gierskogul, or any battle-initiating buffs such as Death Blow or Swift Sparrow?

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I need Distant Counter for a few units (Clive mostly), and, well, Hector is in the Tempest Trials banner. I'm happy with where my current Hector is (+Spd -HP), so I'd only be using whatever Hectors I get for DC.

Should I summon from the Tempest Trials banner before I mass summon from the Brave Heroes banner?

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve and prioritize.

I would go for one or two Hectors to give Distant Counter to your best Enemy Phase units for your main Arena team. I do not think you need too many Hectors since Arena Assault does not require decked out units since you can just bring color/effective counters. Normal Arena only requires a small team and maybe a few substitutes.

If you want to make worrying about defense wins a thing of the past, I would summon a few more Hectors and make a triple Hector team.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Very quick question, is Heavy Blade/Blazing Durandal affected by the likes of Spur Attack/Drive Attack, Gierskogul, or any battle-initiating buffs such as Death Blow or Swift Sparrow?

Unless the skill specifically states otherwise, such as Blade tomes and Mulagir specifying bonuses, skills that look at your stats also take Spurs into account.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I would give it to Florina since she seems to be the weakest member in the group. Everyone else can use Hone Attack far better than her.

Is this accounting for her being 4*+10, having a Brave Lance and Death Blow, and potentially also doing vague healing duties with that Breath of Life?

Something not addressed is the Lyn Support that I'll be building throughout.

...Oh, wait, Hector is 5* Inflated... and Lyn is Lyn... probably is...

At least Lilina has Hone Speed. Rally Attack might also help if necessary.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Is this accounting for her being 4*+10, having a Brave Lance and Death Blow, and potentially also doing vague healing duties with that Breath of Life?

Something not addressed is the Lyn Support that I'll be building throughout.

...Oh, wait, Hector is 5* Inflated... and Lyn is Lyn... probably is...

At least Lilina has Hone Speed. Rally Attack might also help if necessary.

I did not account for that. Assuming Florina+10 has a neutral nature, 30 Atk/Spd is still pretty low, since Cordelia+0 has 33 Atk/Spd.

I guess Breath of Life helps, but I would use a Falchion Healer for healing.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

I did not account for that. Assuming Florina+10 has a neutral nature, 30 Atk/Spd is still pretty low, since Cordelia+0 has 33 Atk/Spd.

I guess Breath of Life helps, but I would use a Falchion Healer for healing.

...Ouch... Florina is that bad?

...I'm sticking with this team until Lyn/Florina get maxed out, and then we'll discuss L!Marth replacing her. Or anyone else.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Everything that isn't a multiplier counts for anything that uses a particular stat for calculations. Multipliers are weapon triangle affinity, effective damage, and fortification bonuses.

So, I have two quick question.

1) I recently pulled two Erika's (both are 4*) and I want to promote one of them and use the other for Hone Speed fodder. One is +Def-Res and the other one is +Atk-Res. I'm thinking I should keep the +Def one, since Erika is mostly a support unit so not dying is more important then killing stuff, but I'd like a second opinion on this. Which one do you guys think I should keep?

2) I've been using my +Atk-Def Klein a lot lately, but I still need to give him a B-skill. I was thinking of a breaker skill, and the most obvious choice would be Sword Breaker, but I generally run him on a team with Reinhardt (and Nino and Olivia), so I thought that might be a bit overkill. Lance Breaker is obviously out, but I'm not sure Axe Breaker would be that useful either (most popular axe users are either physical tanks or flyers, and in the first case I want to use Nino and in the second case he doesn't need more then two hits). Do you guys have any advice between Axe Breaker or Sword Breaker (or another B-skill of course)?

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Everything that isn't a multiplier counts for anything that uses a particular stat for calculations. Multipliers are weapon triangle affinity, effective damage, and fortification bonuses.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless the skill specifically states otherwise, such as Blade tomes and Mulagir specifying bonuses, skills that look at your stats also take Spurs into account.

So unless specified and just anything that increases by a base amount rather than a percentage. I see... got it. Thanks.

7 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...Ouch... Florina is that bad?

...I'm sticking with this team until Lyn/Florina get maxed out, and then we'll discuss L!Marth replacing her. Or anyone else.

You can use her as a mage tank, she has the highest Resistance out of all the blue fliers. However, I think others can do her job better since they have higher Speed to avoid being doubled and have decent attack to kill more than just red mages.

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

So, I have two quick question.

1) I recently pulled two Erika's (both are 4*) and I want to promote one of them and use the other for Hone Speed fodder. One is +Def-Res and the other one is +Atk-Res. I'm thinking I should keep the +Def one, since Erika is mostly a support unit so not dying is more important then killing stuff, but I'd like a second opinion on this. Which one do you guys think I should keep?

2) I've been using my +Atk-Def Klein a lot lately, but I still need to give him a B-skill. I was thinking of a breaker skill, and the most obvious choice would be Sword Breaker, but I generally run him on a team with Reinhardt (and Nino and Olivia), so I thought that might be a bit overkill. Lance Breaker is obviously out, but I'm not sure Axe Breaker would be that useful either (most popular axe users are either physical tanks or flyers, and in the first case I want to use Nino and in the second case he doesn't need more then two hits). Do you guys have any advice between Axe Breaker or Sword Breaker (or another B-skill of course)?

1) Depends on your play style. Some people prefer their support units to run more offensive sets to help contribute to combat, while others prefer to treat them more like healers/tanks and use a defensive set up. I personally prefer the more offensive set up, but the defensive set up is not bad either in case you need them to tank or accidentally leave them out in the open. Just pick which ever is more comfortable for you.

2) It depends on what you face in the Arena and what Klein's A slot is. I ran Swordbreaker at first on my BB!Cordelia, but I realized I do not see much Sword units anymore, so I decided to drop Swordbreaker for Desperation. Later, I dropped that as well since BB!Cordelia is so glass cannon-ish that she either kills something without eating a counter or she dies from enemy counter, so it is pretty rare for Desperation to activate. I ended up with Cancel Affinity currently, so I no longer worry about accidentally using her against Gronnraven SF!Camilla.

Edited by XRay

So, for now I'm supporting Brave Lyn with the summoner, but I've been thinking that it could be more profitable to support Ike, since he gains a lot from those buffs. My Lyn is neutral while my Ike is +Res/-HP, so the bonus HP would fix that a bit. And I also have 2 more Ikes (both -Atk) that I'll probably merge on the first one, so he would be really tanky with all that.

Or is it just better to support a unit like Lyn that's a nuke and obliterates everything?

I'm trying to get SP before next  tempest trails for Ninian. The only chain chain challenge on normal I can do is 9-10 and 11-12. Is there a quicker way  to gain  SP faster or any good team composition to use? I need about 1500 of complete the build that I'm planning.

47 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, for now I'm supporting Brave Lyn with the summoner, but I've been thinking that it could be more profitable to support Ike, since he gains a lot from those buffs. My Lyn is neutral while my Ike is +Res/-HP, so the bonus HP would fix that a bit. And I also have 2 more Ikes (both -Atk) that I'll probably merge on the first one, so he would be really tanky with all that.

Or is it just better to support a unit like Lyn that's a nuke and obliterates everything?

It depends on your play style. While BH!Ike is efficient in the sense that he can put all those stat increase to use as an Enemy Phase unit, if you do not use him often, then there is no point in giving him the stat increase. I would give the stat increase to your most used unit.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm trying to get SP before next  tempest trails for Ninian. The only chain chain challenge on normal I can do is 9-10 and 11-12. Is there a quicker way  to gain  SP faster or any good team composition to use? I need about 1500 of complete the build that I'm planning.

Uh-oh. Those are pretty tough since they feature Veronica and different map modes. Have you completed Hard Chain Challenges for the earlier chapters as well?

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yes I have, up to 7-8 on hard chain challenges.

Hm... The only other way I can think of is the Training Tower, but the Stamina to SP ratio is nowhere as good. You can also just wait and get the SP from Tempest Trials.

I would use the Training Tower and get one or two of her most essential skills and then get the rest of the SP from Tempest Trials.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Won't Ninian get more SP from Mini-TT since she will be a bonus unit? No point in grinding beforehand. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

Which Alm build i should use ? (He is one of my favourite FE characters so i will Support him on Summoner Support)

1-) Panic Ploy Alm
+HP -Res
-Falchion
-Reposition
-Dragonic Aura
-HP +5
-Quick Riposte 2
-Panic Ploy 3
-HP +3
61/51/32/30/22

with this build Alm will hit 61HP and i think Alm is a great Panic Ploy user

2-) Ram's Young Tank Boi
+HP -Res
-Falchion
-Reposition
-Dragonic Aura
-Steady Breath
-Quick Riposte 2
-Threaten Attack 3
-HP +3
56/51/32/30/24
i think this needs no explains.. pretty much Enemy-Phase tanky Alm build

3-) Stantard Build
+HP -Res
-Falchion
-Reposition
-Dragonic Aura
-Fury 3
-Quick Riposte 2
-Threaten Speed 3
-Attack +1
48/53/35/33/24

soo what should i use ?

Thanks !!
Edited by FiyaaEmburem

3 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:
Which Alm build i should use ? (He is one of my favourite FE characters so i will Support him on Summoner Support)

1-) Panic Ploy Alm
+HP -Res
-Falchion
-Reposition
-Dragonic Aura
-HP +5
-Quick Riposte 2
-Panic Ploy 3
-HP +3
61/54/32/30/22

with this build Alm will hit 61HP and i think Alm is a great Panic Ploy user

2-) Ram's Young Tank Boi
+HP -Res
-Falchion
-Reposition
-Dragonic Aura
-Steady Breath
-Quick Riposte 2
-Threaten Attack 3
-HP +3
56/54/32/30/24

i think this needs no explains.. pretty much Enemy-Phase tanky Alm build.

soo what should i use ?

Thanks !!

I like both. :-)

If the first one has focus on panic ploy, then you should consider renewal on B slot. 

The second one could have a stronger special like dragon fang because of steady breath and QR.