"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

16 minutes ago, Chelone said:

I do have Palla but Caeda broke my pity rate while looking for Brave Roy. I don't have many fliers to begin with (they avoid me for some reason) so would love to make something thats not terrible at least haha. Dont need them to be as good as my Horse team but would love to at least have a nice flier starter edition.

Caeda's best bet might be to give her a Ruby Sword, funnily enough.  If you don't want to spend 20K on a weapon, regular Ruby Sword would still help her against Greens, since she's pretty fast.  What's her nature?  +Atk would really help and +Spd would make her double just about everything.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Caeda's best bet might be to give her a Ruby Sword, funnily enough.  If you don't want to spend 20K on a weapon, regular Ruby Sword would still help her against Greens, since she's pretty fast.  What's her nature?  +Atk would really help and +Spd would make her double just about everything.

+atk/-hp. both camillas have something def/res and cordelia is +speed/-res. Really hoping to pull some fliers but am trying make something happen with these. Might toss ruby sword on her sooner or later though. thanks for the tip! ( I do have a couple of extra wo dao's too)

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Do you feel as if the Kagero calculator is more "white and black" than just summing up matchups? While there's is a filter and all, I feel like the only thing is does at times is discourage me from trying out different things. Braves with Atk-boosting skills get the highest wins for a rather obvious reason, which I feel just stales the way the game is played (which, again, isn't objectively wrong, but I'm not sure I'm getting across). I feel like if we try out our own things in an actual teams on an actual plain field things can usually find a way around.

This, actually coming from someone who literally rolls the numbers for sport at times.

Not really. I do not recommend free players do too much experimenting since that takes up a ton of resources that could have been spent on their Arena team or Arena Assault teams to improve their Feather/Sacred Coin income. Cheap experiments like what Assist or C skill to use is fine, but something like Azura [-Atk, +Spd, Firesweep L, Escutcheon, Steady Breath, Wings of Mercy] should be left to dolphins/whales and die hard Azura fans.

Catching up is always more economical than trying to find the next best thing in my opinion.

I would only recommend heavy experimenting for a free player after they have reached Tier 19 or Tier 20, and have no problem tackling Infernal Grand Hero Battles, Lunatic Tempest Trials, and Arena Assault.

1 hour ago, Chelone said:

+atk/-hp

That's the nature that scales best into endgame, imo; nice pull.

Ruby is a common recommendation for her. It's probably a solid choice if you don't have buffs or auras to fix up her attack. I haven't tried it, personally.

I tried Wo Dao/Moonbow, and thought it was a bit meh because she can only really pull it off once per battle. She's hard-pressed to run Desperation with that build because without the special she's not hitting very hard. You could go Renewal, maybe, which isn't as horrible to rely on because she's a flier, but it's still kinda gimmicky.

I'm currently running Brave Sword on her, but that requires flier support, Goad at the very least. On the other hand, it guarantees a 3-charge special if she doubles, and 17 dmg Iceberg is a pretty solid chunk out of anyone's health bar. Slap on Desperation and the enemy can't even do anything about it.

Edited by LordFrigid

If a character had light breath and hit and run, would the effect of light breath happen before or after the unit retreated one space with hit and run?

Edit: Welp, that sent twice. Oh well

Edited by Pin4apple

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, how does one build a Boey to counter CYL Lyn? I got a 5* +Spd version of him (-Res, but that doesn't matter against Lyn).

(Also, I have no Setsuna. I'm... worried.

Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept? If you're scared of Brave Bow & Cancel Affinity, you might also just leave it at Gronnraven+. Give Quick Riposte for a B skill I'd say if you don't have a Setsuna for Bowbreaker.

4 hours ago, Birdy said:

Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept? If you're scared of Brave Bow & Cancel Affinity, you might also just leave it at Gronnraven+. Give Quick Riposte for a B skill I'd say if you don't have a Setsuna for Bowbreaker.

...When I get Gronnraven+ ready, I might go with this. This could be a good choice for my next 5* promotion, actually...

Also, would Earth Boost be a good move for this Boey? +HP Lyn is less than 3 HP to a Boey with neutral HP (mine), but there is the chance Lyn could boost her own HP for some reason... would there be such a reason for it?

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

...When I get Gronnraven+ ready, I might go with this. This could be a good choice for my next 5* promotion, actually...

Also, would Earth Boost be a good move for this Boey? +HP Lyn is less than 3 HP to a Boey with neutral HP (mine), but there is the chance Lyn could boost her own HP for some reason... would there be such a reason for it?

I am not sure about BH!Lyn, but I run HP +3 on my BB!Cordelia so she can handle some Raven mages, she sometimes run Hardy Bearing, but usually Olivia or Alfonse would run that instead to counter Hector.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

Not really. I do not recommend free players do too much experimenting since that takes up a ton of resources that could have been spent on their Arena team or Arena Assault teams to improve their Feather/Sacred Coin income. Cheap experiments like what Assist or C skill to use is fine, but something like Azura [-Atk, +Spd, Firesweep L, Escutcheon, Steady Breath, Wings of Mercy] should be left to dolphins/whales and die hard Azura fans.

Catching up is always more economical than trying to find the next best thing in my opinion.

I would only recommend heavy experimenting for a free player after they have reached Tier 19 or Tier 20, and have no problem tackling Infernal Grand Hero Battles, Lunatic Tempest Trials, and Arena Assault.

I don't struggle with those and usually have a set team that carries me through. Most of my setups I tend to accomodate to realistic expectations and resources.

If I'm (foolishly) hoping for a non-Focus 5-star, is there any kind of benefit to pulling on a banner with no Focus in that color over one that does? Let's say I wanted to get a 5-star red unit, and for the sake of the example, any 5-star red would be desirable. Is there a noticeably better chance for a random 5-star on the Threaten Defense banner, which has no red Focus, over the BHB banner or Tempest Trial banner, which each have two? Obviously it'll be more likely to get Eirika or Seth on the BHB banner and Lyn or Eliwood on the Tempest Trial banner, but I'm not sure exactly how much their presence affects the possibility of getting someone else. Also assuming a base or otherwise low pity rate, since I don't have the orbs or money right now to keep pulling until I get something I want anyway.

What's a good budget build for Sheena? I'll be using her in Armor Emblem with her default Fortify Armor.

Weapon will stay the same, Killer Axe+ and likely Ignis special. I don't have DC available for her. Should I give her QR, Wary Fighter, or something different?

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

If I'm (foolishly) hoping for a non-Focus 5-star, is there any kind of benefit to pulling on a banner with no Focus in that color over one that does? Let's say I wanted to get a 5-star red unit, and for the sake of the example, any 5-star red would be desirable. Is there a noticeably better chance for a random 5-star on the Threaten Defense banner, which has no red Focus, over the BHB banner or Tempest Trial banner, which each have two? Obviously it'll be more likely to get Eirika or Seth on the BHB banner and Lyn or Eliwood on the Tempest Trial banner, but I'm not sure exactly how much their presence affects the possibility of getting someone else. Also assuming a base or otherwise low pity rate, since I don't have the orbs or money right now to keep pulling until I get something I want anyway.

Someone on Reddit calculated the chance of pulling a specific off focus 5*, it's below 0.5%

42 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

What's a good budget build for Sheena? I'll be using her in Armor Emblem with her default Fortify Armor.

Weapon will stay the same, Killer Axe+ and likely Ignis special. I don't have DC available for her. Should I give her QR, Wary Fighter, or something different?

If you have Fury, that should be in her A slot; if not, she can just stick with Svalinn Shield for now. I would give her Quick Riposte.

Hi,

what is the best special skill for brave lucina +1 (+spd/-res)?

Stats: 47/55/45/35/21

skill a: fury 3

skill b: renewal 3

skill c: drive spd 2

skill s: quickend pulse

she wil be for arena. I was thinking about draconic aura, aether, luna, moonbow, ignis, bonfire.

and should i change drive spd 2 for panic ploy 3?

Edited by Thienphu

@mampfoid That's perfect, thank you! I wasn't sure how the actual chances were calculated, so this is very helpful. Looks like if I stick to reds, I could avoid adding 1.50% to both Eirika's and Seth's chances if I pull on Threaten Defense, but otherwise not much changes. About as good as I expected, but at least I know now.

19 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

what is the best special skill for brave lucina +1 (+spd/-res)?

Stats: 47/55/45/35/21

skill a: fury 3

skill b: renewal 3

skill c: drive spd 2

skill s: quickend pulse

she wil be for arena. I was thinking about draconic aura, aether, luna, moonbow, ignis, bonfire.

and should i change drive spd 2 for panic ploy 3?

That is a nice nature! For Specials, I prefer Moonbow on non Brave/Killer/Slaying Weapons so the unit can activate it on their second hit assuming they take a counter.

I prefer Drive Spd over Panic Ploy since Drive Spd is always active if you have allies nearby, whereas Panic Ploy does nothing if the enemy does not have any buffs.

Edited by XRay

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have Fury, that should be in her A slot; if not, she can just stick with Svalinn Shield for now. I would give her Quick Riposte.

Doesn't Fury mess up QR? I run Fury+QR on Xander and a lot of people objected when I said I would do it.

Just now, Tragonight said:

Doesn't Fury mess up QR? I run Fury+QR on Xander and a lot of people objected when I said I would do it.

It depends on how often you use Xander and what your team composition is. I only use Xander to counter Hector, so he only needs to handle one round of combat as my other units can take care of basically everyone else. There is no point in crippling an Enemy Phase unit's potential during their first round of combat if that is when they are at their most powerful. Preparing for their second or third round of combat does not make much sense to me if you cannot rely on them to perform their best.

For Sheena, if you are worried about Fury damage on Quick Riposte, you can also use Triangle Adept 2 so she can handle every blue unit. I do not think 3 is necessary unless you are using her for Arena. Triangle Adept will kind of lock her into blues, but she will take little to no damage and she can tank blues like a boss for a very long time. You can also go for the really cheap Attack +3 or Defense +3 skills if she is only going to be used in Arena Assault.

43 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@mampfoid That's perfect, thank you! I wasn't sure how the actual chances were calculated, so this is very helpful. Looks like if I stick to reds, I could avoid adding 1.50% to both Eirika's and Seth's chances if I pull on Threaten Defense, but otherwise not much changes. About as good as I expected, but at least I know now.

You are welcome. I hope you will succeed in your terribly difficult mission, good luck! 

Another interesting tool if you want to know what would happen if you are about to invest X orbs: 

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

It depends on how often you use Xander and what your team composition is. I only use Xander to counter Hector, so he only needs to handle one round of combat as my other units can take care of basically everyone else. There is no point in crippling an Enemy Phase unit's potential during their first round of combat if that is when they are at their most powerful. Preparing for their second or third round of combat does not make much sense to me if you cannot rely on them to perform their best.

For Sheena, if you are worried about Fury damage on Quick Riposte, you can also use Triangle Adept 2 so she can handle every blue unit. I do not think 3 is necessary unless you are using her for Arena. Triangle Adept will kind of lock her into blues, but she will take little to no damage and she can tank blues like a boss for a very long time. You can also go for the really cheap Attack +3 or Defense +3 skills if she is only going to be used in Arena Assault.

Is Fortress Def Sheena any good? Mine is +Atk -HP, so she'd hit 41 Def with it. I could patch up her lack of damage with Bonfire over Ignis, or just keep Ignis instead.

Is this set any good? I only have one Fortress Def fodder but I don't have too many units that can use it well.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You are welcome. I hope you will succeed in your terribly difficult mission, good luck! 

Another interesting tool if you want to know what would happen if you are about to invest X orbs: 

Thanks! There's not a lot I really want from the current banners, but I'm terrible at saving my orbs when I have a pity rate in a banner, so I figured I may as well weigh the options I have now and pray to finally get a Katarina or someone similar.

Ooo, that could be fun to mess with. I have pity rates in both Brave Heroes and BHB but have all the focus reds from both, so I think I'll use this to see which one might give me the best but still probably similarly low chances. 

This is my built armor emblem team I will be working on and just looking for tips on improvements I can make from more seasoned players all are 5* I have an extra +atk/-spd hector , thinking of giving D.C. To someone put waiting to see if black knight with have it (keeping fingers crossed but I doubt it )

•AMELIA -Spd/+Def

Slaying axe+

Reposition 

Sacred cowl

Earth boost 3

Quick Riposte 2

Armor March 3 

HP+3

•HECTOR +Atk/-Spd

Armads 

Reposition 

Pavise

Distant Counter

Vantage 3

Fortify armor 

Atk +1

•Zephiel 

Eckesachs

Reposition 

Reprisal

Life and Death 3

Wary Fighter 3

Home armor

Spur def 1

•Effie +Atk/-Res

Brace lance

Reposition 

Bonfire

Death Blow 3

Wary Fighter 3

Ward armor

Fortify res 1

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not sure about BH!Lyn, but I run HP +3 on my BB!Cordelia so she can handle some Raven mages, she sometimes run Hardy Bearing, but usually Olivia or Alfonse would run that instead to counter Hector.

That keeps her below 40 HP, though, right? (Boey has 43 HP, so he gets Earth Boost from 40 HP enemies).

Of course, my Boey could always run HP +3 if it's a likely enough encounter.