"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I tried raising Henry to work as a CYLyn counter, but he's just so terrible.  He can work as an okay counter, but I was looking at better options.

I have a +Def,-Res Sophia.  I'm thinking she could be a better Rawr Raven than Henry, with that nature, she's got similar bulk to Henry with less Speed (they're both so low that lower is better), but she has a solid 10 Atk on Henry, 10!

So, would the TA Rawr Raven build be good for her?  I'm not sure if I want to run Bowbreaker or Quick RIposte on her.  The latter would help her with mage duels, but she needs to function as a Lyn counter first and foremost.

Yes, Raven/Adept is a solid Sophia build, though iirc it's usually done with +Atk/-Spd. Assuming no Cancel Affinity, she can tank +10 greens and colorless as a +0, which is kinda funny.

If she's meant to be deployed specifically to counter CYL Lyn in Arena Assault, Raven/Adept will do just fine as long as you make sure to check that said Lyn isn't running Cancel Affinity (actually, flicking back through my spreadsheet, I have yet to see a Lyn that did not keep Sacae's Blessing).

Either B Passive should be fine for most instances of Arena Assault counterbuilding:

• A hypothetical max-Atk Lyn (+Atk, +10, Hone Cavalry, Mulagir, Death Blow, Atk +1) comes out to 67 Atk*, for 41 effective after Raven/Adept. A +Def, +0 Sophia would take 10 damage per hit from that.
  • Swapping Brave Bow in for Mulagir yields 60 raw Atk/36 effective for 5 damage per hit, plus special damage, if applicable. Lyn's natural Draconic Aura would only add 18 dmg, so Sophia would survive and KO on the QR shot, if using QR. Dragon Fang would KO Sophia, but I doubt you'll ever see that.

*Goad Cavalry is purposefully excluded for this.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I tried raising Henry to work as a CYLyn counter, but he's just so terrible.  He can work as an okay counter, but I was looking at better options.

I have a +Def,-Res Sophia.  I'm thinking she could be a better Rawr Raven than Henry, with that nature, she's got similar bulk to Henry with less Speed (they're both so low that lower is better), but she has a solid 10 Atk on Henry, 10!

So, would the TA Rawr Raven build be good for her?  I'm not sure if I want to run Bowbreaker or Quick RIposte on her.  The latter would help her with mage duels, but she needs to function as a Lyn counter first and foremost.

My friend built a Sophia to hard counter Lyn. I ran a calc and yes, she is good at countering her (unmerged and non-buffed Lyn literally does 0 damage to her on initiation). +Def is a great nature, although -Spd would be slightly more desirable. My friend's set is Raurraven+, Ignis, Reposition, TA, Bowbreaker, and Fortify Res.

As for Bowbreaker vs. QR, I think that it is more personal preference. If you want to use her mainly to counter Lyn (I assume you do), then I would go with Bowbreaker. If you opt for Bonfire over Ignis, Bowbreaker allows her to have Bonfire ready once she finishes off of Lyn. This can help in killing other things on player phase. If you go with QR + Bonfire, she'll always proc Bonfire upon enemy initiation.

Now for my own question. Do people run 4 Pivots on Armor Emblem or a combination of Pivot and Swap? I imagine 4 Pivots can be troublesome in certain maps, and I'm wondering which one I should put on my Sheena (Hector, Effie, and Zephiel all already have Pivot).

I have a M!Robin that I am using and he sucks. I'm only wanting to use him to prepare for Clarrise's GHB. Should I a) promote him and give his blarraven + to my Summer Corrin for an alternate set, b) save him for bonfire, c) save his five star weapon for another blue mage, and d) use him as a separate unit for countering colorless units. What should I do?

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I have a M!Robin that I am using and he sucks. I'm only wanting to use him to prepare for Clarrise's GHB. Should I a) promote him and give his blarraven + to my Summer Corrin for an alternate set, b) save him for bonfire, c) save his five star weapon for another blue mage, and d) use him as a separate unit for countering colorless units. What should I do?

I'd go for d). Mine (4* TA3, swordbreaker) has proven to be very valuable in AA and in certain story/GHB maps as an specific grey and sword counter. 

For a), if you have Hinoka in your team, Corrin should use blarblade. You won't change it anymore, it's just too strong. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I just promoted my Henry to 4* and gave him TA2. He takes 1 damage/hit from (neutral vanilla) CYL Lyn. When I'll get some QR fodder for him, he should have Ignis charged after 1 attack and kill her on player phase. 

That's what I had, but I prefer they kill on enemy phase, so I am free to do something else next player phase.  It can make a huge difference if one of my four units isn't tied up finishing what they should have done the previous phase.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Yes, Raven/Adept is a solid Sophia build, though iirc it's usually done with +Atk/-Spd. Assuming no Cancel Affinity, she can tank +10 greens and colorless as a +0, which is kinda funny.

If she's meant to be deployed specifically to counter CYL Lyn in Arena Assault, Raven/Adept will do just fine as long as you make sure to check that said Lyn isn't running Cancel Affinity (actually, flicking back through my spreadsheet, I have yet to see a Lyn that did not keep Sacae's Blessing).

Either B Passive should be fine for most instances of Arena Assault counterbuilding:

• A hypothetical max-Atk Lyn (+Atk, +10, Hone Cavalry, Mulagir, Death Blow, Atk +1) comes out to 67 Atk, for 41 effective after Raven/Adept. A +Def, +0 Sophia would take 10 damage per hit from that.
  • Swapping Brave Bow in for Mulagir yields 60 raw Atk/36 effective for 20 + [special damage, if applicable] damage. Lyn's natural Draconic Aura would only add 18 dmg, so Sophia would KO on the QR shot, if using QR. Dragon Fang would KO Sophia, but I doubt you'll ever see that.

Sadly, none of my Sophias had that spread.  I had foolishly sent most of my Sophias away back weeks ago when I was hitting the 500 Barracks cap, because I thought she wouldn't be useful for anything.  Of my remaining Sophias, +Def-Res was the best I had for the build I wanted.  I also had -HP+Def, but since I'm trying to counter Lyn, I wanted to keep her physical bulk as high as possible.  I'll be keeping an eye out in the future for an ideal nature Sophia.  (I'm still waiting for that ideal Frederick.  I remember getting so excited when I finally got my +Spd Cecilia.  Why is it that you can have 20 of a unit and still not have a god nature?)

I plan to use her pretty much in Arena Assault.  It's Sacae's blessing that prevents my bulky DC units like Xander and Hector from killing her, so not having that skill actually helps make it easier for me to kill her.  Having Brave Bow means I can kill her on player phase with a Blade tome Horse.  It's actually Lyn's default build that gives me the most trouble.

I've got my Sophia at level 40+1 4*.  I'll have to finish her SI, but she'll hopefully work well enough in Arena Assault.  Would RedRaven itself be good enough, or does she need RedRaven+?  I might go the cheapo route and stay with TA2 RedRaven not + if it gets the job done.  Then maybe once I get a Sophia with that ideal nature, I'll give her the full treatment.

4 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

My friend built a Sophia to hard counter Lyn. I ran a calc and yes, she is good at countering her (unmerged and non-buffed Lyn literally does 0 damage to her on initiation). +Def is a great nature, although -Spd would be slightly more desirable. My friend's set is Raurraven+, Ignis, Reposition, TA, Bowbreaker, and Fortify Res.

As for Bowbreaker vs. QR, I think that it is more personal preference. If you want to use her mainly to counter Lyn (I assume you do), then I would go with Bowbreaker. If you opt for Bonfire over Ignis, Bowbreaker allows her to have Bonfire ready once she finishes off of Lyn. This can help in killing other things on player phase. If you go with QR + Bonfire, she'll always proc Bonfire upon enemy initiation.

Now for my own question. Do people run 4 Pivots on Armor Emblem or a combination of Pivot and Swap? I imagine 4 Pivots can be troublesome in certain maps, and I'm wondering which one I should put on my Sheena (Hector, Effie, and Zephiel all already have Pivot).

Yeah, sadly I have no -Spd Sophias currently, but I'll be holding out for one before I 5* her.  4* should hopefully suffice for now. 

I do all Pivot for my Armor Emblem, but it can hurt depending on the map.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Save him for countering CYLyn in Arena Assault.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I've got my Sophia at level 40+1 4*.  I'll have to finish her SI, but she'll hopefully work well enough in Arena Assault.  Would RedRaven itself be good enough, or does she need RedRaven+?  I might go the cheapo route and stay with TA2 RedRaven not + if it gets the job done.  Then maybe once I get a Sophia with that ideal nature, I'll give her the full treatment.

4* +1, +Def/-Res Sophia with Rauðrraven has 39 Atk. With TA2 that's 52 effective Atk, which will work for most Lyns; even the +10 neutral Res ones will have 39 HP and 32 Res (unbuffed), taking 20 dmg per shot for a total of 40. +4 Atk buff brings Sophia to 43, or 58 effective, which 2HKOs Fortify Cav-buffed Lyn. Fortify Cav buffed Lyn with an HP-boosting seal means you just deploy a different counter.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

4* +1, +Def/-Res Sophia with Rauðrraven has 39 Atk. With TA2 that's 52 effective Atk, which will work for most Lyns; even the +10 neutral Res ones will have 39 HP and 32 Res (unbuffed), taking 20 dmg per shot for a total of 40. +4 Atk buff brings Sophia to 43, or 58 effective, which 2HKOs Fortify Cav-buffed Lyn. Fortify Cav buffed Lyn with an HP-boosting seal means you just deploy a different counter.

Thanks,  I had an extra Roy, so I ended up giving her TA3, I just need to get enough SP to learn it now.  She doesn't have RRaven+ yet, but that will be down the road, once I have an ideal nature and more feathers.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

What can I do with a 4* +Spd/-Def Seth, or is he better off as Fortress Def fodder?

Also, I have a 4* Lukas (he's Level 36 right now so I can't check his IVs); am I better off using Seth as FD fodder if the need arises or promoting Lukas and using him?

Thanks in advance!

Seth has an okay nature. Not the best, but it is not bad either. If you want to use him in Arena, I would go with a Brave Sword build. For Arena Assault, you can just stick with his Ruby Sword.

It is always best to use a 4* fodder than a 5* fodder. There is no reason to waste 20,000 Hero Feathers to pass a skill when a 4* unit can do the same.

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Thanks. That's probably why I never finished the second one. Couldn't get pass the first map lol

So I have an +Atk/-Res Charlotte from the bride banner. A Brave Lance+/DB3/Lancebreaker2 is looking like a set with some good match ups: 138 wins · 11 losses · 19 draws. Factoring in buffs/defbuffs(Threaten Defense 3 & Hone Attack 3), she has 149 wins · 8 losses · 11 draws. Thoughts?

That looks good. She is one of the best lance infantry, if not the best, the last time I checked.

Just now, Othin said:

How do Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid compare on Masked Marth?

I personally prefer Reciprocal Aid. It heals a lot quicker than Ardent Sacrifice. With Ardent Sacrifice, there is also a higher chance of wasted HP that is not being given away since Lucina heals so quickly with Falchion and Renewal 3. I try to make sure Marth is not at full HP at the end of the map since she heals 20 HP at the start of every map.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's what I had, but I prefer they kill on enemy phase, so I am free to do something else next player phase.  It can make a huge difference if one of my four units isn't tied up finishing what they should have done the previous phase.

[...]

With bonfire, TA2 and QR1 he kills her on enemy phase. But only vanilla +1 Lyn, every higher merges or buffs will save her. 

Surely there are better counters like Sophia, but somehow it's fun to make low tier units valuable. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

With bonfire, TA2 and QR1 he kills her on enemy phase. But only vanilla +1 Lyn, every higher merges or buffs will save her. 

Surely there are better counters like Sophia, but somehow it's fun to make low tier units valuable. 

There may be better Lyn counters, but in Arena Assault, there have been runs where I literally see her every map, so I'm trying to get several counters.  I made a Gronnraven Soren, and I still have the 4* Robin I've had for a while.

I just used Sophia in AA and she worked well, but too bad that run was ruined by the cancer that is the Boat Map.  I hate that thing more than the Bridge and Lava maps combined.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There may be better Lyn counters, but in Arena Assault, there have been runs where I literally see her every map, so I'm trying to get several counters.  I made a Gronnraven Soren, and I still have the 4* Robin I've had for a while.

I just used Sophia in AA and she worked well, but too bad that run was ruined by the cancer that is the Boat Map.  I hate that thing more than the Bridge and Lava maps combined.

I'm trying to build some cheap Lyn/Reinhardt counters as well, therefore I gave my 5* +HP -RES Merric simple Gronraven and TA2. With bonfire and QR  (waiting for fodder) he would kill both on EP, Reinhardt even with +ATK, +10 merge, DB3 and Moonbow ready. Vanilla Lyn just until +9 merge. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm trying to build some cheap Lyn/Reinhardt counters as well, therefore I gave my 5* +HP -RES Merric simple Gronraven and TA2. With bonfire and QR  (waiting for fodder) he would kill both on EP, Reinhardt even with +ATK, +10 merge, DB3 and Moonbow ready. Vanilla Lyn just until +9 merge. 

I might do that for my Merric, too.  I honestly forget what his nature is.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I might do that for my Merric, too.  I honestly forget what his nature is.

I just remembered that Merric will always double unbuffed Reinhardt, with the unlikely exception of +SPD +10 Reinhardt not being doubled by -SPD +0 Merric. Therefore Bowbreaker would suffice, no need to waste precious QR (which would help against daggers, staffs and other blue mages like Olwen though). 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Well, there's something to give my Merric. Probably shouldn't bother waiting for +.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I just remembered that Merric will always double unbuffed Reinhardt, with the unlikely exception of +SPD +10 Reinhardt not being doubled by -SPD +0 Merric. Therefore Bowbreaker would suffice, no need to waste precious QR (which would help against daggers, staffs and other blue mages like Olwen though). 

I'm not sure if I can make my Merric great again.  He's got +Atk, which is nice, but he's -Def.

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Depends on your opponents. +SPD 5* Hana with Brave+, LnD3 and Escutcheon has more wins (132) against +0 opponents in the calculator, but +ATK Hana has more wins (95) against +10 opponents. 

I'm quite contend with my +SPD Quadhana, by the way. She doesn't meet many high merged enemies.  

My +Def Charlotte has more wins in her Fury + Brave "Brash Assault Mode" + Escutcheon at 10-15 HP than she does at full health, yet, that doesn't translate the exact same way in a real plain field because it's not as easy to constantly achieve.

As to Hana, the easiest, cheapest and actually good build I've seen is actually a *4 Hana with a normal Brave (not *5 version) + Luna and she can even take out people like Reinhardt, neutral Hector and even a +10 Hector if he doesn't have Pavise. Thinking of actually trying that out if I get a +Spd Hana.

Does the Wo Dao+'s +10 Damage to all specials apply to Noontime/Sol/Daylight?

How so if so? I'm guessing if you were going to do 10 damage to the unit, the bonus would just add a flat 10 for 20 and if Sol is your special you'll recover 10 HP instead of 5, is that correct? Kinda sounds like a Mini-Aether if that's the case.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Does the Wo Dao+'s +10 Damage to all specials apply to Noontime/Sol/Daylight?

How so if so? I'm guessing if you were going to do 10 damage to the unit, the bonus would just add a flat 10 for 20 and if Sol is your special you'll recover 10 HP instead of 5, is that correct? Kinda sounds like a Mini-Aether if that's the case.

@Ice Dragon tested that.

Wo Dao bonus damage is factored into healing received.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not sure if I can make my Merric great again.  He's got +Atk, which is nice, but he's -Def.

Well, the calculator says your 5* Merric with TA2, bonfire, simple Gronraven and QR1 on EP

- kills vanilla +10 brave Lyn (without buffs)

- brings a vanilla +10 brave Lyn with hone and fortify cav to 3 HP. To kill her, Merric needs TA3 instead of TA2 or ATK+1 Seal. 

- kills Reinhardt +8 +ATK, DB3, Moonbow ready (without buffs). For +10 Reinhardt Merric needs HP+3 seal or TA3 instead of TA2. 

- kills Reinhardt +10 +ATK, DB3, Moonbow ready with hone and fortify cav, but Merric needs TA3 and HP+3 seal. 

Earlier I said Bowbreaker would suffice, but that robs Lyn of one attack, which Merric needs to charge bonfire. 

Edited by mampfoid
5* added

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

If I understand correctly, since 1.7 update is does.

It'll only start coming into play when the next arena season starts this Tuesday. Also, from the way they worded it, it sounds more like that AA will have its own defense score separate from the regular Arena.

8 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Other than Cherche, who's a good Brave Axe user? A 5* -Atk Raven broke my pity rate when I was trying to summon for Ike...

Bartre, Legion, Frederick, and Summer Tiki are all good for a brave axe due to their high attack. Having an attack boon is better.

Edited by Jingle Jangle