"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

What's a good build for a +HP/-Spd Brave Ike? I'm using him primarily as an enemy-phase unit and built him with Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, QR2, Threaten Def, and the Distant Def seal, but is there are more optimal build than that?

That is a great Ike for tanking Blárblade mages, even if he is crippled afterwards, it means you pulled the mage out of formation.

Since you are using Quick Riposte, I assume you want him to kill stuff on Enemy Phase. I would switch out Aether for Bonfire and Steady Breath for Fury.

5 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

This may be a silly question, but say I had a 10+ 4* unit.  If I promoted that unit to 5*, would I keep the merge bonus to its stats, or would I have to start fresh with the merges again?

Merges do not carry over when you promote a unit. 4*+0 and 4*+10 both promote to 5*+0.

5 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

This may be a silly question, but say I had a 10+ 4* unit.  If I promoted that unit to 5*, would I keep the merge bonus to its stats, or would I have to start fresh with the merges again?

You'll have to start the merges over again, unfortunately, without any stat bonuses. Promoting a merged unit does cost less than promoting an unmerged unit, though, so there is still some benefit.

19 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

What's a good build for a +HP/-Spd Brave Ike? I'm using him primarily as an enemy-phase unit and built him with Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, QR2, Threaten Def, and the Distant Def seal, but is there are more optimal build than that?

I would keep Beorc's Blessing.  Distant Def is nice, but otherwise his default kit is actually probably one of his best.  Swap works nice.

1 minute ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

When you promote them, they lose their merges, but it costs less feathers to promote them.

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Does anyone know if +ATK -DEF Eldigan is any good? What would be a good build for him?

I run Mystletainn, Reposition, Ignis, Fury, Swordbreaker, Fortify Cavalry on mine.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I would keep Beorc's Blessing.  Distant Def is nice, but otherwise his default kit is actually probably one of his best.  Swap works nice.

When you promote them, they lose their merges, but it costs less feathers to promote them.

I run Mystletainn, Reposition, Ignis, Fury, Swordbreaker, Fortify Cavalry on mine.

...So THAT'S how I can get myself to a 5* Odin and give Linde his Blarblade without cutting off my arms!  Many thanks, all who replied!

2 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

...So THAT'S how I can get myself to a 5* Odin and give Linde his Blarblade without cutting off my arms!  Many thanks, all who replied!

I'll just point out that, IIRC, the amount that is taken off for promoting merged units is equal to the amount of feathers you would have received if you sent the units home instead of merging them. So it's not really a good method to reduce the cost of promotion all that much, it's still going to be near the 20k feather mark. I guess that means RIP arms?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

So it turns out my Titania is +Atk/-Def. Is this a good nature to promote to 5 star in case she's a TT bonus unit or should I wait for a +Spd one?

I'm not one of the experts, but that's what my 5-star Titania is, and she's been great. +Spd might be better, but she's still more than usable with +Atk. Of course, there's still time until the next Tempest, so there's no real harm in waiting just in case you get her as +Spd, if you'd prefer that.

32 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Got my pity rate on CYL broken by a -Atk/+Def Cordelia. 

Who should I pass Galeforce to? I don't know if I have units that could make good use of it. Maybe Ryoma?

Do you have skills available that lower the countdown of your units special? Like Infantry pulse or heavy blade? 

Otherwise its good to give to units that can make many attacks per round and have an movement advantage, i.e. very fast brave users like the +SPD versions of Tana, Olwen, Catria, Shanna and BH!Lyn. With the QP seal they can attack a slower opponent (or someone they have a breaker against) with a brave weapon and thus quad attack him. Galeforce will be activated immediately for a second action. 

I also was thinking to give it to Roderick or my Firesweep Tana, They could attack, be danced and attack, have Galeforce activated and attack for the 3rd time in a row without taking damage! 

Hello all,

I'm new to the game and to the series and thought I'd try it out.  I've been reading some guides online and some tierlists but hoping that you guys can make sense of what I have here.  

I am currently running a team with Hector, Lyn (Brave Heroes), Lyn, and Ninian.  I am using Ninian to push Hector around.  

Below are the characters I currently have.  Tips and thoughts are recommended! :) 

Screenshot_20170912-081543.png

Screenshot_20170912-081810.png

Screenshot_20170912-081815.png

Hello all,

I'm new to the game and to the series and thought I'd try it out.  I've been reading some guides online and some tierlists but hoping that you guys can make sense of what I have here.  

I am currently running a team with Hector, Lyn (Brave Heroes), Lyn, and Ninian.  I am using Ninian to push Hector around.  

Below are the characters I currently have.  Tips and thoughts are recommended! :) 

Screenshot_20170912-081543.png

Screenshot_20170912-081810.png

Screenshot_20170912-081815.png

My final chances for Roy has resulted in a pity breaker once again.

Luke: +HP/-Speed 

Lucina: Neutral

Any tips for Luke? Haven't heard much about him. And what to do with a second Lucina? (my first one is +atk/-hp) Should I just merge or keep a second one for extra buffs or SI? 

5 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

i just got a Amelia +def/-hp. How should i build her?

(im going to use her in a armor emblem with hector and effie)

Yes. She is fine.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So it turns out my Titania is +Atk/-Def. Is this a good nature to promote to 5 star in case she's a TT bonus unit or should I wait for a +Spd one?

If that is for tanking Reinhardt or blue mages, then that is a really good nature. I think [+Res, -Def] would work even better, but if she has Emerald Axe, then it does not really matter too much. If you have spare Hectors or Celicas for Distant Counter or Distant Def, Titania can counter kill blue mages or completely wall them off. Fury works fine too if you do not want to spend too much on her.

1 hour ago, wushuguy said:

Hello all,

BH!Lyn and Ninian are good.

Hector is good for early game content, and maybe mid game content, but I will bench him as soon as you have better ranged units. Movement and attack range is vital in the Arena, and Hector has neither. His Distant Counter remedies the range problem a little, but it is not enough in my opinion since his movement is abysmally low.

Lyn is not too bad, but ranged units are better in my opinion.

I would keep Hector around for now and switch out Lyn for Mae or Luke. Mae will give you more ranged attack options and Luke can partner with BH!Lyn and they can give each other Hone Cavalry buffs.

You can also run a pony team with a free Cecilia from Special Maps, and she can round out the color triangle.

If you want a list of pointers, you can check one I made here on fireemblemheroesforums.com.

1 hour ago, Chelone said:

My final chances for Roy has resulted in a pity breaker once again.

Luke: +HP/-Speed 

Lucina: Neutral

Any tips for Luke? Haven't heard much about him. And what to do with a second Lucina? (my first one is +atk/-hp) Should I just merge or keep a second one for extra buffs or SI?

Luke is pretty decent. He is basically Cain 2.0 but has Panic Ploy as a gimmick, whereas Cain has Wings of Mercy. As for your specific Luke, -Speed hurts him since he will not be able to quadruple attack very well, but you can run Death Blow to make sure he kills as many units as possible within two hits.

If you are talking about regular Lucina, I would merge her since she does not much to pass around besides Aether. If you are talking about BH!Lucina, you could either merge her or pass Drive Speed and Aether around.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

what's the cap for feather inventory space? I'm slightly worried about getting over 100,000

I do not know for sure, but it is definitely way over 100,000. I think I neared 200,000 once.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes. She is fine.

If that is for tanking Reinhardt or blue mages, then that is a really good nature. I think [+Res, -Def] would work even better, but if she has Emerald Axe, then it does not really matter too much. If you have spare Hectors or Celicas for Distant Counter or Distant Def, Titania can counter kill blue mages or completely wall them off. Fury works fine too if you do not want to spend too much on her.

BH!Lyn and Ninian are good.

Hector is good for early game content, and maybe mid game content, but I will bench him as soon as you have better ranged units. Movement and attack range is vital in the Arena, and Hector has neither. His Distant Counter remedies the range problem a little, but it is not enough in my opinion since his movement is abysmally low.

Lyn is not too bad, but ranged units are better in my opinion.

I would keep Hector around for now and switch out Lyn for Mae or Luke. Mae will give you more ranged attack options and Luke can partner with BH!Lyn and they can give each other Hone Cavalry buffs.

You can also run a pony team with a free Cecilia from Special Maps, and she can round out the color triangle.

If you want a list of pointers, you can check one I made here on fireemblemheroesforums.com.

Luke is pretty decent. He is basically Cain 2.0 but has Panic Ploy as a gimmick, whereas Cain has Wings of Mercy. As for your specific Luke, -Speed hurts him since he will not be able to quadruple attack very well, but you can run Death Blow to make sure he kills as many units as possible within two hits.

If you are talking about regular Lucina, I would merge her since she does not much to pass around besides Aether. If you are talking about BH!Lucina, you could either merge her or pass Drive Speed and Aether around.

But how should i build Amelia?

Just now, Thienphu said:

But how should i build Amelia?

You can go low budget and give her Luna, Fury, and Axebreaker. I would not spend too much on her since she does not have the perfect nature, but if you get a [+Atk, -Res] one in the future and you want to pimp her out, you can try the following:

Brave Axe, Luna
Life and Death, Axebreaker/Desperation

If you are running Desperation, make sure her Siamese twin runs Hone Armor or Goad Armor.

4 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

i got sweet 20k feathers again and i will 5 star my Eliwood for my Horse Emblem team.

i checked wiki and gamepress. Eliwood's best IV's are +Speed -HP and +Attack -HP and i have both of them which one i should promote ?

It is definitely not -HP. You want to go either -Def or -Res depending on how you use him. -HP basically gives him both a -Def and -Res at the same time. However, banes do not matter too much as long as you got a decent boon.

I would go with +Spd if you are keeping his default sword. If you are going Brave, I would go with +Atk.

If you are using him as a mage tank, you want -Def. Anything else, go with -Res.