"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

I was looking at my units and the ones that have high speed are: Minerva, Anna, Camus, Summer Tiki, Ryoma, Sharena.

The other high speed are ranged units, that I think can't learn Galeforce.

All those units already have got a good (or even unique) weapon, i wouldn't change them for a brave weapon. Camus is mostly used as an enemy phase unit and can't have a +SPD nature. Anna, Tiki, Ryoma and Sharena could profit from infantry pulse if you got a NS!Xander.

58 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, Galeforce Ryoma?

Galeforce Camus?

Galeforce Anna?

Or should I save my extra Cordelia to pass Brave Lance+?

If you have to go without Brave, IP and Heavy Blade, then its better to have a dancer in your team. Otherwise chances are low that Galeforce will proc at all (except perhaps in Tempest Trials). 

You could pass Galeforce and Brave+ from one Cordelia to another speedy lancer. The target unit would have to inherit two of the following three from other units beforehand: Night Sky, Astra, simple Brave Lance. 

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

All those units already have got a good (or even unique) weapon, i wouldn't change them for a brave weapon. Camus is mostly used as an enemy phase unit and can't have a +SPD nature.

@Rinco

Anna, Camus, and Summer Tiki want a Brave weapon more than their Prf. Distant Counter and Escape Route are great for PvE, but mostly overrated for PvP if they are not being used on a defense team.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It is definitely not -HP. You want to go either -Def or -Res depending on how you use him. -HP basically gives him both a -Def and -Res at the same time. However, banes do not matter too much as long as you got a decent boon.

I would go with +Spd if you are keeping his default sword. If you are going Brave, I would go with +Atk.

If you are using him as a mage tank, you want -Def. Anything else, go with -Res.

i picked +Attack -HP for now next time i will merge him with a good one but he is still really good with this IV's tho. +4 from Durandal +6 from DB3 and +6 from Hone Cavalry he hits to 66 attack !

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rinco

Anna, Camus, and Summer Tiki want a Brave weapon more than their Prf. Distant Counter and Escape Route are great for PvE, but mostly overrated for PvP if they are not being used on a defense team.

Maybe it's just my style of play, but I find DC on my units invaluable for Arena.  Luring and killing on enemy phase gives me more options for player phase maneuvering. 

Hi everybody, is there anywhere a chart of all the skills a hero can inherit, with their influence on your arena score? For example I've been told that Aether is the special that increases the most your arena score, but what about Astra, Galeforce, and all the AOE specials? Are they on the same tier of 200 SP specials or a bit higher? What about all the other skills? I've been also told that Renewal 3 has an higher influence on your arena score than Quick Riposte 3, even if the Sp cost of the first is 200 and the one of the latter is 240.

Edited by Kaelemar

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe it's just my style of play, but I find DC on my units invaluable for Arena.  Luring and killing on enemy phase gives me more options for player phase maneuvering. 

It's just a difference in playstyle. I use DC quite a bit in arena too, but Brave Lyn is a major check to it at the moment, which is discouraging.

@Kaelemar I can't give an exact answer on how skills influence arena scoring, but generally the skills that cost more SP yield more points on average. Consider the following build:

Spoiler

-Prf Weapon (If applicable)

-Rally Def Res or Rally Atk Spd

-Aether / Galeforce

-Close Counter / Distant Counter

-Any 240 SP skill: Includes but is not limited to Quick Riposte, Wrathful Staff, Wary Fighter; Beorc's Blessing or Sacae's Blessing for Brave Ike and Brave Lyn respectively

-Any 240 SP skill; this will mostly exclude all Hone, Fortify, Goad, Ward, and Threaten buffs in practice. I recommend Drive Atk if orbs are of no object to you, but a more practical choice would be one of the Ploy skills instead.

The gist of it is that skill builds that optimize arena scoring are generally much weaker than cookie cutter builds with Brave + LaD / Fury / DB that float around the wiki as well as on the forums here.

You will also need to combine high-SP builds with high-merged units to get the most out of it, which is likely to involve some whaling. The two put together will also make your arena runs more difficult; you'll be matched with stronger teams with kits to match while your units are stuck with weaker sets.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MrSmokestack

@MrSmokestack Thanks! I'm not that much into whale-ing (is it even a word?), my main arena team is formed by Sonya+6, Sophia+6, Donnel+6, and one of the 3 starters at rotation. I wanna pass a 5 charge special to Sophia, as the other 2 have to pick Moonbow to be effective.

Just to be sure, Astra costs 200 sp, while the Blazing skills 300. Does this means that the latter has more influence on my arena score? Because I've read on reddit that Aether is the most influent, followed by Galeforce and Astra at the same tier (which seems awkward to me)...

Edited by Kaelemar

14 hours ago, Astellius said:

I'll just point out that, IIRC, the amount that is taken off for promoting merged units is equal to the amount of feathers you would have received if you sent the units home instead of merging them. So it's not really a good method to reduce the cost of promotion all that much, it's still going to be near the 20k feather mark. I guess that means RIP arms?

Goddammit.  RIP the dream, I guess... lol

4 hours ago, XRay said:

BH!Lyn and Ninian are good.

Hector is good for early game content, and maybe mid game content, but I will bench him as soon as you have better ranged units. Movement and attack range is vital in the Arena, and Hector has neither. His Distant Counter remedies the range problem a little, but it is not enough in my opinion since his movement is abysmally low.

Lyn is not too bad, but ranged units are better in my opinion.

I would keep Hector around for now and switch out Lyn for Mae or Luke. Mae will give you more ranged attack options and Luke can partner with BH!Lyn and they can give each other Hone Cavalry buffs.

You can also run a pony team with a free Cecilia from Special Maps, and she can round out the color triangle.

If you want a list of pointers, you can check one I made here on fireemblemheroesforums.com.

Thanks for your help here.  I understand that I need to eventually go range and work on that and I guess Hector will do for now :) 

Based on your list, BH!Lyn and Ninian can stay.  Need to round out the rest with ideally the ranged on your list but for now I can use Luke or Mae for Lyn.  

Any tips on summoning and where to/should i hoard orbs for specific events and stuff?  Ex. Takumi I heard is really good but hard to get.

16 minutes ago, Kaelemar said:

@MrSmokestack 

Just to be sure, Astra costs 200 sp, while the Blazing skills 300. Does this means that the latter has more influence on my arena score? Because I've read on reddit that Aether is the most influent, followed by Galeforce and Astra at the same tier (which seems awkward to me)...

I'm not aware of Astra being worth the same in terms of arena scoring as Galeforce and Aether; it seems odd because Astra is in fact a prerequisite skill for the former.

But yes, the order goes 4 turn or less proc skills --> Blazing / Growing skills --> Aether / Galeforce. Blazing and Growing skills have the same cooldown, cost less, and are available on 4* rarity compared to Aether and Galeforce, but in return offer a lower arena score. They're fine budget options to be sure, but arena score minmaxing knows no bounds.

Could you link me to said post on reddit discussing SP costs and arena scores? I don't browse that sub often so I'd like to know more.

Hoard your Cordelias and Chroms

@SatsumaFSoysoy, @Astellius, thanks for the answers. I promoted a Hinata for Fury 3, a spare Narcian for Lancebreaker 3... and Sharena for 5* power. She's done good in training so far, looking forward to having little option but to use her because she's the only bonus unit I have :D

Out of general curiosity, how many Shards and Crystals do everyone have, taking any use of them into consideration? These are my numbers:

Spoiler

Color: Shards - Crystals

Red: 1,700 - 15,624 (Shards were used to get a Hinata to level 20 from level 1 for promotion)

Blue: 3,342 - 16,553 (some crystals were used in training Sharena in later levels)

Green: 8,131 - 6,350 (some Shards were used to get a Narcian from level 1 to level 20 for promotion, some Crystals were used in training a Cherche in later levels)

Colorless: 9,825 - 23,100

Universal: 14,842 - 80,396

I'd ask about badges as well, but I feel like the answer will always be "more than I actually need"...

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Out of general curiosity, how many Shards and Crystals do everyone have, taking any use of them into consideration?

kf4FBez.jpg

I don’t even use crystals. Also my rate of consumption of red and blue shards shows how much useful fodder there is among the red and the blue heroes compared to those of other two colours.

2 hours ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

i picked +Attack -HP for now next time i will merge him with a good one but he is still really good with this IV's tho. +4 from Durandal +6 from DB3 and +6 from Hone Cavalry he hits to 66 attack !

Yeah, looks good. If he is not doubling enough, then you might want to go +Spd. With Hone Cavalry, he should be fine though.

55 minutes ago, wushuguy said:

Thanks for your help here.  I understand that I need to eventually go range and work on that and I guess Hector will do for now :)

Based on your list, BH!Lyn and Ninian can stay.  Need to round out the rest with ideally the ranged on your list but for now I can use Luke or Mae for Lyn.  

Any tips on summoning and where to/should i hoard orbs for specific events and stuff?  Ex. Takumi I heard is really good but hard to get.

If you have favorites, and if you do not mind being a little behind in the Arena, it is perfectly fine hoard Orbs and go for your favorites. You are going get some game breaking units anyway in the process while you summon your favorite units. You might have less game breaking units than others, but you will bound to have some; some is all you need for most of the game, though having more certainly does not hurt. Nino, Klein, Reinhardt, etc. are all available at under 5*.

If you do not have any particular favorites or you are into minimaxing, you can either go for the Hero Fest banner that every new player has access to for about a week or two, or you can go for the Brave Heroes banner that is active right now. Minimaxing will allow you go up the Arena ladder quickly and maintain your rank; it will also give you a solid income of Feathers and Orbs to work on anything you desire. You have BH!Lyn, who is arguably the best archer in the game right now and she is on a horse. Any Dancer/Singer is amazing. You just need a mage and maybe a Distant Counter infantry unit like Nowi or Ike unit to pad your Arena score.

There are also limited holiday banners where you can only get certain units for a limited time. Although there are a few lackluster characters occasionally, most are solid units and a few are the best in their class.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Kaelemar said:

Hi everybody, is there anywhere a chart of all the skills a hero can inherit, with their influence on your arena score? For example I've been told that Aether is the special that increases the most your arena score, but what about Astra, Galeforce, and all the AOE specials? Are they on the same tier of 200 SP specials or a bit higher? What about all the other skills? I've been also told that Renewal 3 has an higher influence on your arena score than Quick Riposte 3, even if the Sp cost of the first is 200 and the one of the latter is 240.

not totally up to date but here:

tumblr_ow6pr1vLIS1r28yhno1_1280.png

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rinco

I never thought of giving brave to Camus. In other words his weapon is good for everything but arena offense (and AA)? Since he can't be merged past +1 and has low BST, he shouldn't be first choice for arena offense anyway (and thus keeping his signature lance). 

@FiyaaEmburem If you run her with Brave+, LnD3 and Escutcheon, the main difference between -RES and -DEF is just one win less and one loss more against the vanilla FEH +0 cast. 

Edited by mampfoid
Hana

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I never thought of giving brave to Camus. In other words his weapon is good for everything but arena offense (and AA)? Since he can't be merged past +1 and has low BST, he shouldn't be first choice for arena offense anyway (and thus keeping his signature lance).

Arena Assault isn't as PvP as Offense in the sense that only the first team you field matters when it comes to scoring.

Normally, yes. Camus doesn't really need any inheritance done with his weapon, but his Brave build with LaD does in fact outperform his standard DC Fury Vantage build. They both serve two different niches, but the fact that the best defense is a good offense makes the Brave build a better choice in general.

BST doesn't have as much impact on scoring as it did in the past; merge and skill levels matter far more. To be fair, Camus will still fall short since he can't be merged past +1, but still.

12 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

Okay ! but one more question : why Escutcheon over Dragonic Aura or Moonbow ??

On player phase, it activates after your two initial hits on the enemy hit, which raises Hanas survivability and thus her kills because she lives to do two additional hits. 

Hana +SPD -DEF Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker and 

Escutcheon 137 wins / 4 losses

Moonbow 131/26

Draconic Aura 131/26

Dragon Fang 137/26

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Arena Assault isn't as PvP as Offense in the sense that only the first team you field matters when it comes to scoring.

Normally, yes. Camus doesn't really need any inheritance done with his weapon, but his Brave build with LaD does in fact outperform his standard DC Fury Vantage build. They both serve two different niches, but the fact that the best defense is a good offense makes the Brave build a better choice in general.

BST doesn't have as much impact on scoring as it did in the past; merge and skill levels matter far more. To be fair, Camus will still fall short since he can't be merged past +1, but still.

My roster lacks a good melee cavalry brave user and I never thought of him. I should check my team if anyone is worth the promotion. Didn't know about the change in the arena scoring, but I don't have many merges anyway. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

On player phase, it activates after your two initial hits on the enemy hit, which raises Hanas survivability and thus her kills because she lives to do two additional hits. 

Hana +SPD -DEF Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker and 

Escutcheon 137 wins / 4 losses

Moonbow 131/26

Draconic Aura 131/26

Dragon Fang 137/26

wow this is pretty good ! but i will wait for a while because being a F2P and killing a 5 star for a build is just too expensive for me :P my next feathers will be for brave sword+ fodder

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I stopped pulling once I got everybody when CYL launched, and was surprised by how many Orbs I've managed to save up for hopefully the Tellius Banner coming.