Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Ouch.

For colorless units, the only ones I'd seriously consider running are Takumi, Kagero, and maybe Gordin, though you have a case for Serra.  Jeorge/Klein will also work, but there's better options.  Virion is only if you're as insane as I am - my style of play makes him work, but it's not for every team.  I like Niles more than Setsuna, since he might be able to damage slightly sturdier targets due to his proc.  Most of the dagger users are lackluster, with Matthew being one of the better options for your team (Hone Speed).

I actually went with Serra now since her buffing capabilities are really appreciated on a Tharja-centric team. Though I now wish I would have invested those orbs into upgrading my castle further to help level her up since I'm currently at 60% but I should have enough for the 80% upgrade today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunty said:

I actually went with Serra now since her buffing capabilities are really appreciated on a Tharja-centric team. Though I now wish I would have invested those orbs into upgrading my castle further to help level her up since I'm currently at 60% but I should have enough for the 80% upgrade today.

My castle was at 40% the day I got my serra. By the end of the day she was level 24. You should be fine XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sitting at 4,328 (Rank: 20,576), and I've got:

  • 5* Lv 40:
    • Marth [+Res / -Def]
    • Julia [+Spd / -Def]
  • 5* Lv 34:
    • Eirika [+Def / -Res]
    • Nowi [+Res / -Def]
  • 5* Lv 24:
    • Seliph [No idea yet....didn't check when I got him]
  • 4* Lv 40:
    • Merric [+Def / -Res]
    • Sharena [Neutral, duh]
    • Roy [+HP / -Res]
    • Fae [+Def / -Res] (Level 24)
    • Bartre [+Spd / -Def] (Level 23)
  • 3* Lv 35:
    • Olivia [Neutral]

I'm tempted to bump Sharena up to 5* with enough feathers to 4* Olivia, bumping my ratings game up by a bit. I know Seliph is worth about 4 points more than Marth, etc.

I don't want to bump my Sharena up to 5* until I get Nowi up to Lv40, (for Blue coverage and support), but it's definitely a grind to get up to even Level 30. At about what point does 5* Sharena match up in effectiveness to 4* lv40? I know Attack-wise, it'll be at around Lv28 or so because of Fensalir's huge attack difference and the higher base values but in terms of speed and stuff is what I'm mainly getting at. I probably won't be able to bump this score up much higher unless I get Olivia up to Lv40, so I might just wait this season out and keep grinding up Nowi and Eirika.

 

Anyway, the point of this is; I'm currently running Marth/Julia/Sharena/Olivia (5/5/4/3 stars, respectively). If I bump out Sharena to 5* her, and Olivia to 4* her, could one expect a Lv40 Nowi to fill her slot while I grind Sharena back up?

Alternatively, Olivia does a great job maintaining my survival, but does anyone listed above seem like a fair replacement for her? I'm tempted to try to run Nowi/Marth/Sharena/Julia but I'm certain I can pull something else out of my team here...(and the next pull...I'm going for Effie!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm sitting at 4,328 (Rank: 20,576), and I've got:

  • 5* Lv 40:
    • Marth [+Res / -Def]
    • Julia [+Spd / -Def]
  • 5* Lv 34:
    • Eirika [+Def / -Res]
    • Nowi [+Res / -Def]
  • 5* Lv 24:
    • Seliph [No idea yet....didn't check when I got him]
  • 4* Lv 40:
    • Merric [+Def / -Res]
    • Sharena [Neutral, duh]
    • Roy [+HP / -Res]
    • Fae [+Def / -Res] (Level 24)
    • Bartre [+Spd / -Def] (Level 23)
  • 3* Lv 35:
    • Olivia [Neutral]

I'm tempted to bump Sharena up to 5* with enough feathers to 4* Olivia, bumping my ratings game up by a bit. I know Seliph is worth about 4 points more than Marth, etc.

I don't want to bump my Sharena up to 5* until I get Nowi up to Lv40, (for Blue coverage and support), but it's definitely a grind to get up to even Level 30. At about what point does 5* Sharena match up in effectiveness to 4* lv40? I know Attack-wise, it'll be at around Lv28 or so because of Fensalir's huge attack difference and the higher base values but in terms of speed and stuff is what I'm mainly getting at. I probably won't be able to bump this score up much higher unless I get Olivia up to Lv40, so I might just wait this season out and keep grinding up Nowi and Eirika.

 

Anyway, the point of this is; I'm currently running Marth/Julia/Sharena/Olivia (5/5/4/3 stars, respectively). If I bump out Sharena to 5* her, and Olivia to 4* her, could one expect a Lv40 Nowi to fill her slot while I grind Sharena back up?

Alternatively, Olivia does a great job maintaining my survival, but does anyone listed above seem like a fair replacement for her? I'm tempted to try to run Nowi/Marth/Sharena/Julia but I'm certain I can pull something else out of my team here...(and the next pull...I'm going for Effie!)

Don't know how bulky Sharena is off the top of my head but Nowi is an okay replacement. You already have Julia so having another magic-based attacker is kind of useless since you have one of the strongest tomes in the game. Nowi's distant counter is quite retarded though so it'll be okay.I say grind to level 33 and Sharena will be back to her usual epicness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Don't know how bulky Sharena is off the top of my head but Nowi is an okay replacement.

 

U HP    AT   SP   DF   RS   Total
S 43    48    35    29    22    177
N 45    45    27    33    27    177

my Nowi has -3 Def and +3 Res though...Kinda wished I had reversed IVs for Nowi, but dems da breaks

I think Sharena's better despite not having 2-range EP combat due to higher speed offering more durability in terms of not getting smacked twice per turn by commons(anyone that can get to 30 speed is relatively safe, with Marth's Spur Spd giving +4, 28 or 29 is probably the speed I'm most comfortable running on any units at absolute minimum. Almost nothing threatening reachs 40 speed with ease except for like, speedbuffed Lindes, Ninos and Lucinas. The former two can get smacked up pretty hard with careful play and Lucina well...Julia hits her sub-20 res super hard even with WTD for safe chipping

Also Woah random factoid; I checked the numbers and the only 2-range unit (Tome/Bow/Staff/Dagger) with higher Rating for Arena benefits over Julia [166] is Merric [167], and he leads by just 1 point. All the Manaketes and Hector win out but they only have 2-range on EnemyPhase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone give me advice on how to build the most efficient offensive defensive teams for the arena? 

Currently working with (all level 40, 5*): Marth, Robin(M), Tiki(young), Takumi, Effie, Lyn, Seliph, and Hawkeye. 

I am also training both 5* Ephraim and Eirika to level 40, they're close, so if they should have a place in the team, assume they are at level 40 already. 

Thanks in advance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eclipse said:

This depends on what a neutral Atk 5* Kagero can OHKO that a 4* can't.  If she can safely OHKO Takumi, I'd go for her. Otherwise, go with Corrin.

According to the IV calculator, Kagero will just barely have enough ability to OHKO a Neutral, +HP/-DEF, or +DEF/-HP Takumi with Hone Attack +4. If its +HP or +DEF Then she won't be able to. OTOH against an unbuffed neutral or ATK+ Takumi, she will survive even with -HP.

Though a +ATK Nino with just Eirika buffs will be enough to OHKO a Neutral Takumi as well. As well as double unbuffed Takumi with Eirika buffs anything below +SPD. hmm...

Wiki stat calculator is only giving me FCorrin HP though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help me understand how the stats data on the Heroes Wiki (feheroes.wiki) work?
I gather that it's common to represent lvl 1 stats withouth adding weapon statistics, making it easier to spot boons and banes. But what is the case with lvl 40 stats? Does the wiki's data always include weapon attack? And skill modifiers from traits like HP+5 and Fury? Are they already included in the lvl 40 stats for that hero?

Now with the skill inheritance incoming, I'm trying to figure out what heroes may be worth it (And also deciding if I burn the rest of my orbs trying Sanaki/Eldigan)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r4v1sh said:

Can someone help me understand how the stats data on the Heroes Wiki (feheroes.wiki) work?
I gather that it's common to represent lvl 1 stats withouth adding weapon statistics, making it easier to spot boons and banes. But what is the case with lvl 40 stats? Does the wiki's data always include weapon attack? And skill modifiers from traits like HP+5 and Fury? Are they already included in the lvl 40 stats for that hero?

Now with the skill inheritance incoming, I'm trying to figure out what heroes may be worth it (And also deciding if I burn the rest of my orbs trying Sanaki/Eldigan)

Pretty sure for level 40 they assume you have all the skills and weapons available at that rarity level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaMaster14 said:

Can someone give me advice on how to build the most efficient offensive defensive teams for the arena? 

Currently working with (all level 40, 5*): Marth, Robin(M), Tiki(young), Takumi, Effie, Lyn, Seliph, and Hawkeye. 

I am also training both 5* Ephraim and Eirika to level 40, they're close, so if they should have a place in the team, assume they are at level 40 already. 

Thanks in advance! 

So, once again, we're going to work backwards, starting with offense.

- Takumi's great, so he's in.
- Young Tiki is a nifty tank, so my bias says to throw her in.
- Effie can safely draw what would otherwise obliterate Tiki (whether it's Falchion users or Linde)
- That leaves your fourth slot.  I'd either go with Olivia for utility, or Eir for buffs.

Watch out for Linde, and make sure to heal up Effie with Tiki whenever possible.

On defense, you'll definitely want Olivia.

1 hour ago, ExpendableExtra said:

According to the IV calculator, Kagero will just barely have enough ability to OHKO a Neutral, +HP/-DEF, or +DEF/-HP Takumi with Hone Attack +4. If its +HP or +DEF Then she won't be able to. OTOH against an unbuffed neutral or ATK+ Takumi, she will survive even with -HP.

Though a +ATK Nino with just Eirika buffs will be enough to OHKO a Neutral Takumi as well. As well as double unbuffed Takumi with Eirika buffs anything below +SPD. hmm...

Wiki stat calculator is only giving me FCorrin HP though.

What else can Kagero blow up, besides Takumi?

Also, what's Corrin's stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What else can Kagero blow up, besides Takumi?

Also, what's Corrin's stats?

I imagine Kagero with Hone Attack can OHKO almost all foot mages except M!Robin and F!Robin due to their bulk and/or WTA. 2RKO slower, bulky Infantry lords like Ephraim and leave faster, less durable ones like Lucina within an inch of death like she does already at 4*.

4* FCorrin +HP/-RES

HP41/ATK35/SPD31/DEF31/RES16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

I imagine Kagero with Hone Attack can OHKO almost all foot mages except M!Robin and F!Robin due to their bulk and/or WTA. 2RKO slower, bulky Infantry lords like Ephraim and leave faster, less durable ones like Lucina within an inch of death like she does already at 4*.

4* FCorrin +HP/-RES

HP41/ATK35/SPD31/DEF31/RES16

If she leaves Lucina at an inch of death at 4*, she'll likely OHKO at 5*.  Her weapon gets upgraded, along with a couple of natural stat points thrown into the mix.

Corrin's -Res hurts a bit, as she'll have a harder time tanking mages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, stupid question of the day.

How do you set up a defence team for the arena? Is it set up by the last team you used, or how do you do it if you can control it? I have seen no hint as to how, and it's a bit confusing.

(to be clear, I'm asking if there's a place where you can choose what tea you use on the defence in the arena)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Alright, stupid question of the day.

How do you set up a defence team for the arena? Is it set up by the last team you used, or how do you do it if you can control it? I have seen no hint as to how, and it's a bit confusing.

(to be clear, I'm asking if there's a place where you can choose what tea you use on the defence in the arena)

Leftmost team of your roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eclipse said:

Leftmost team of your roster.

Alright, that just seems like a thing that would be mentioned more prominently. No wonder I get no defence points. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I need some serious help here guys. Here's what I've got:

  • Main Team: 5*Ephraim, 5*Marth, 4*M!Robin, 4*Lissa (all lv 40 except Lissa, who's lv 34)
  • Backup / In Training:
    • 5*: Seliph (lv 14)
    • 4*: Beruka (lv 37), Eirika (lv 33), Lilina (lv 29), M!Corrin (lv 22), Hawkeye (lv 20), Olivia (lv 19), Chrom (lv 12)
    • 3*: Older!Tiki (lv 29), Nino (lv 29), Saizo (lv 24), F!Corrin (lv 22)
  • Everything Else (minus starter units):
    • 4*: Subaki (lv 24), Jakob (lv 23), Donnel (lv 7), Eliwood (lv 1), Lon'qu (lv 1), Sophia (lv 1), Matthew (lv 1)
    • 3*: Clarine (lv 22), Draug (lv 22), Barst (lv 22), Selena (lv 20), Niles (lv 20+), Frederick (lv 19), Fir (lv 19+), Oboro (lv 11), Odin (lv 8), Hana (lv 1), Henry (lv 1), Gunter (lv 1), Virion (lv 1), Setsuna (lv 1), Serra (lv 1), 
    • 2*: F!Robin (lv 13), Cecilia (lv 1)
    • a bunch of duplicates I'm not going to bother listing

Here's my situation.

I started this game about a week late and didn't know rerolling was a thing until a few days in; I'd pulled a 5* Marth and a few decent 4* units by then so I just decided to keep them. I saw that it was most orb-efficient to summon heroes in batches of five, so I did that every time, as soon as I had 20 orbs to spend. I never waited, figuring that the focus banners always had something really good I could use (except for the Mystery Tactician banner, that one sucked). I've gotten lucky on occasion, but overall my pulls have ranged from lackluster to downright garbage. My main team doesn't have much synergy together; they just happen to be among the only truly decent units I have. To add to that, I only recently found out that boons and banes were a thing, realizing too late that both my M!Robin and my Marth have a crippling -Atk stat. My Ephraim didn't suffer as much, but even he has -Spd.

My question to you all is: What would be the best way of salvaging this? I was saving up to promote Robin to a 5*, but with the -Atk I feel like that would be a huge waste of feathers (he's also got +HP or something similarly useless). Even at level 40, he's been failing to make a big dent in most tanky units and even struggling against Takumi, making me wonder for a while what all the fuss was about. So I feel like I should focus on training up a new magic user to replace him with, at least until I get a new M!Robin. I do have a 3* Nino, though I have no idea what her +/- are as I started training her before I knew to check. Then there's the matter of Marth's replacement...I did pull a 4* Eirika the other day, and she's already pretty amazing, but is bringing her to 5* worth it? How much of a difference does it make? Ephraim I'm probably keeping no matter what; even with the -Spd, he ends up basically carrying me in every arena fight I have. Lissa has saved my team many times with Rehabilitate, but I'm open to other suggestions if that fourth slot could be better utilized.

I also have no idea if I've been doing the right thing regarding summoning; now that I'm doing a little more research I'm seeing that a lot of people are prioritizing certain colors or even saving their orbs for future banners, especially if they're f2p (which I am). I haven't been doing that at all. Should I start? How do I know when I should invest in a focus and when I should hang onto my orbs for later? Is it better to pick a color or two and ignore the others rather than go for the discount? Should I actively try to go for a new M!Robin or just focus on the other magic users I already have? And should I avoid summoning greens altogether even if my best axe-user right now is Beruka?

(Apologies for the info dump. It's possible I'm overthinking much of this, but regardless, any help is appreciated!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

(snip)

I didn't reroll, either, and I'm F2P.  I've been doing my summons in batches of five, so that I know exactly how many units I've pulled at any given time. . .and because I'm F2P, I can't afford to be picky.

Do you know what the bane/boon is on everything else?  What is the goal for the team you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I didn't reroll, either, and I'm F2P.  I've been doing my summons in batches of five, so that I know exactly how many units I've pulled at any given time. . .and because I'm F2P, I can't afford to be picky.

Do you know what the bane/boon is on everything else?  What is the goal for the team you want?

Marth is +Res/-Atk, Ephraim is +Def/-Spd, Eirika is +HP & Spd/-Def & Res...and I'm not sure about anyone else I'm training, unfortunately, as I didn't check them beforehand. Only Eliwood stands out as a lv 1 unit I'm considering using, but his stats are very neutral (+HP/-Def).

I tend to prefer more offensive teams, but honestly? At this point I just want a team that synergizes nicely and has as few holes as possible. If you can think of multiple ways to do that with what I've got, I'd be happy to hear them.

Part of my problem is that I'm having a hard time deciding who it's worth training up to 40 (or spending the feathers on) before I even find out whether their boon/bane hurts them or not.

Edited by DraconicFeline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's Bartre? I have a 3* Bartre at level 20 and I'm wondering if it's worth the feathers to upgrade him to 4*.

I also have 3* Eliwood, Barst, Arthur, Nacrian, Cecilia, and Wrys if that affects the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

Marth is +Res/-Atk, Ephraim is +Def/-Spd, Eirika is +HP & Spd/-Def & Res...and I'm not sure about anyone else I'm training, unfortunately, as I didn't check them beforehand. Only Eliwood stands out as a lv 1 unit I'm considering using, but his stats are very neutral (+HP/-Def).

I tend to prefer more offensive teams, but honestly? At this point I just want a team that synergizes nicely and has as few holes as possible. If you can think of multiple ways to do that with what I've got, I'd be happy to hear them.

Everyone should have one boon/bane.  Regardless, Eir's looks like it'll be decent, at worst.

I'm going to list a bunch of characters, because your team has several different directions it can go in.  Can you get their bane/boon?

- Lillina
- Chrom
- Both Corrins
- Nino
- Frederick
- Hana
- Virion
- Tiki
- Gunter

What you'll do is highly dependent on how these guys turn out.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

How's Bartre? I have a 3* Bartre at level 20 and I'm wondering if it's worth the feathers to upgrade him to 4*.

I also have 3* Eliwood, Barst, Arthur, Nacrian, Cecilia, and Wrys if that affects the answer.

Bartre is a smite-bot.  I prefer Barst, but that's just me.  If Bartre's doing good things for you, then go ahead and promote him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

How's Bartre? I have a 3* Bartre at level 20 and I'm wondering if it's worth the feathers to upgrade him to 4*.

I also have 3* Eliwood, Barst, Arthur, Nacrian, Cecilia, and Wrys if that affects the answer.

Bartre's not great.  He has Smite, which can help if you have an Armor who you need to push around, but Narcian's probably the best Axe unit you have there.  I used Barst, and found his Brave Axe pretty useful, but you need to keep him away from Mages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Bartre is a smite-bot.  I prefer Barst, but that's just me.  If Bartre's doing good things for you, then go ahead and promote him!

I haven't used him much so I don't have much of an impression of him. I've finished up most of the main game so for now I'm just going through and promoting/levelling my weaker characters because I don't have much else to do.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Bartre's not great.  He has Smite, which can help if you have an Armor who you need to push around, but Narcian's probably the best Axe unit you have there.  I used Barst, and found his Brave Axe pretty useful, but you need to keep him away from Mages.

I have a 5* Camilla and 4* Cherche and Belka so I don't have much need for another 4* wyvern. Unless he's significantly better than them or something.

Based on these two comments I think I'll be promoting Barst over Bartre...though I'm sure at some point in the future Bartre will get his turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

Marth is +Res/-Atk, Ephraim is +Def/-Spd, Eirika is +HP & Spd/-Def & Res...and I'm not sure about anyone else I'm training, unfortunately, as I didn't check them beforehand. Only Eliwood stands out as a lv 1 unit I'm considering using, but his stats are very neutral (+HP/-Def).

I tend to prefer more offensive teams, but honestly? At this point I just want a team that synergizes nicely and has as few holes as possible. If you can think of multiple ways to do that with what I've got, I'd be happy to hear them.

Alright. If you're looking for some hardcore magic skills, adult tiki is useless, sophia is useless, and Nino is someone you might want to look at. Since Marth is kind of a whiff cause of his -Atk what you're really pining for is a strong sword user. While It's really unfortunate that you have a -Atk Marth you can probably keep him on your team. If you don't want to you can also 5 star chrom if Marth isn't doing the business for you although I think it's better for you to just keep Marth or use Eirika as a sub until you get someone better. Off the top of my head, and just skimming through your units it looks like you'll like Olivia, Ephraim, Nino, and (someone red), for a hyper offensive, get ready to die kind of team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Everyone should have one boon/bane.  Regardless, Eir's looks like it'll be decent, at worst.

I'm going to list a bunch of characters, because your team has several different directions it can go in.  Can you get their bane/boon?

- Lillina
- Chrom
- Both Corrins
- Nino
- Frederick
- Hana
- Virion
- Tiki
- Gunter

  • Hana: +HP/-Atk
  • Chrom: +Atk/-Def
  • Virion: +Atk/-Spd
  • Gunter: Neutral
  • I don't know the boon/bane of my lv 29 Nino, but I do have another one that's.... +HP/-Atk. Sigh.
  • Similarly, I have a duplicate F!Corrin at lv 1 with +Res/-Spd. Couldn't say about the lv 22 one.

As for the others, I'd have to get them to lv 40 or promote them to find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:
  • Hana: +HP/-Atk
  • Chrom: +Atk/-Def
  • Virion: +Atk/-Spd
  • Gunter: Neutral
  • I don't know the boon/bane of my lv 29 Nino, but I do have another one that's.... +HP/-Atk. Sigh.
  • Similarly, I have a duplicate F!Corrin at lv 1 with +Res/-Spd. Couldn't say about the lv 22 one.

As for the others, I'd have to get them to lv 40 or promote them to find out.

If you go to the promotion screen you can view what their stats would be at the next * rating without actually promoting them. Just make sure to take weapons/skills into account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...