"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrSmokestack @Zeo @Ice Dragon

The final test (at least for now), which confirms that if the unit falls below 75% HP during combat, the +10 damage bonus IS active.

Spoiler

A brief breakdown for this clip; because this all happens on the EP, even though I flick over the stats of both units involved it might not be easy to follow.

• Nephenee begins at 38/47 HP (~81% HP), and has 49 Atk, 40 Def, and 27 Res.
  • Adult Tiki has 51 Atk and 36 Def. She will deal 14 dmg, which will put Nephenee at 24/47 HP (~51%).
  • Nephenee deals (floor(49*1.2) - 36 + [Glowing Ember]) damage, which is 22 + [Glowing Ember], where Glowing Ember is either 20 (+10 bonus not active) or 30 (+10 bonus active), for a total of 42 or 52 damage.
  • Nephenee deals 52 damage, so Wrath's +10 damage bonus IS active if the unit falls below 75% HP during combat.

~

Edit: On a totally unrelated note, I just realized that if a unit in a support pair is KOd on a map, then any support points gained are retained (one of my pairs gained a support level after a map where one of the units got KOd).

Edited by LordFrigid

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Legion.  Comes with Fury to boot.

Legion is fast, but so is Anna whom I already promoted to 5* (she got fury as well). Anyway both are limited due to their movement type. They have no way of reducing the special count and would need Brave+ ... but legion has got the bonus of being badass ...

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Is it a good idea to put Vantage on the Black Knight? He has Distant Counter after all.

->Implying he'll ever be put in Vantage range.

...Not the worst idea ever. Might be a good place to burn a Lon'qu. But Wings of Mercy is also pretty nice- allow him to maybe use his B skill at some point in the battle.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Is it a good idea to put Vantage on the Black Knight? He has Distant Counter after all.

It’s a fair choice for his B skill, but Quick Riposte works better with his bulk. A more whale option would utilize Wrath and Steady Breath for rapid CD reduction on his special, enabling OHKO’s on nearly the entire cast.

I’m going with QR personally. Wings is also fine for defense.

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It’s a fair choice for his B skill, but Quick Riposte works better with his bulk. A more whale option would utilize Wrath and Steady Breath for rapid CD reduction on his special, enabling OHKO’s on nearly the entire cast.

I’m going with QR personally. Wings is also fine for defense.

QR is cool, but I have too many Lon’qus and too few Subakis. Steady+Wrath would have indeed been awesome, but I only have one of both CYL Ike and Nephenee.

Wings is too cheesy, I’m trying to keep at least some of my dignity.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

QR is cool, but I have too many Lon’qus and too few Subakis. Steady+Wrath would have indeed been awesome, but I only have one of both CYL Ike and Nephenee.

I’m drowning in Subaki’s so that’s probably why

Wings are cheap in more ways than one

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Using Wings of Mercy increases your dignity in my opinion. Not only are you more likely to get defense wins, but you are also doing the community a huge favor by teaching and reminding players to plan their strategies more carefully and encouraging them to check the opponent's skills. 

I have a blade canon Nino, who is good for doubling while hitting hard.

I have a S!Camilla who I may give a Gronnraven or Gronnblade for fliers.

I have a +Atk Cecilia, for horse back one shots with Gronnblade.

And now I have a +Res/-HP Soren what would be best for him? I already have a bladetome user who is better on the offensive so what priority would be best for my Soren? What would you guys do with him if you were in my situation?

7 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

Does spur attack help heavy blade users?

According to Ice Dragon "Skills and status effects affecting Atk are applied first." So I presume it does.

Edited by Logos

8 minutes ago, Logos said:

And now I have a +Res/-HP Soren what would be best for him? I already have a bladetome user who is better on the offensive so what priority would be best for my Soren? What would you guys do with him if you were in my situation?

He is good as a Reinhardt counter. It is better if he is -Def, but he should still be able to tank three fully pimped Reinhardts with one of them using Moonbow and Quickened Pulse.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, Logos said:

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is good as a Reinhardt counter. It is better if he is -Def, but he should still be able to tank two fully pimped Reinhardts with one of them using Moonbow and Quickened Pulse.

I double Reinhardt counter.  Give him Gronnraven, Triangle Adept, and Bowbreaker and he can take out CYLyn.  He can't handle multiples of her, but usually, you only see one at a time.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is good as a Reinhardt counter. It is better if he is -Def, but he should still be able to tank three fully pimped Reinhardts with one of them using Moonbow and Quickened Pulse.

Yeah I was thinking that too, Reinhardts won't be able to do anything against +Res/-HP (With HP+3 Seal) Soren. I checked it out and apparently he survives +4 Reinhardt (+Atk) with Hone Cavalry buffs with 2 HP, but my question is which tome should I give him? I was thinking of Gronnwolf+ as a counter to Horsey Emblem with G. Tomebreaker, although sadly he he can't even kill (Non SI) Xander with Atk boon, with the thing.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I double Reinhardt counter.  Give him Gronnraven, Triangle Adept, and Bowbreaker and he can take out CYLyn.  He can't handle multiples of her, but usually, you only see one at a time.

You surprised me with that I didn't even think he could handle it at all. Apparently he can survive even her with that build, I just found out. Do you think Gronnwolf+ would also be viable? It one shots her, and would help kill Horsies I think (I'm staring at Gronnblade+ Cecilia with G. Tomebreaker).

3 minutes ago, Logos said:

Yeah I was thinking that too, Reinhardts won't be able to do anything against +Res/-HP (With HP+3 Seal) Soren. I checked it out and apparently he survives +4 Reinhardt (+Atk) with Hone Cavalry buffs with 2 HP, but my question is which tome should I give him? I was thinking of Gronnwolf+ as a counter to Horsey Emblem with G. Tomebreaker, although sadly he he can't even kill (Non SI) Xander with Atk boon, with the thing.

You surprised me with that I didn't even think he could handle it at all. Apparently he can survive even her with that build, I just found out. Do you think Gronnwolf+ would also be viable? It one shots her, and would help kill Horsies I think (I'm staring at Gronnblade+ Cecilia with G. Tomebreaker).

Gronnwolf should work against Reinhardt, but Fem Robin is the only source, and so you'd have to really commit, since she's limited.

EDIT: Soren's Def is pretty abysmal, so he may not survive CYLyn without TA Gronnraven.  With her move, I prefer to let her come to me a kill her on counterattack.

Edited by Rezzy

How worth it is F!Robin? I'm thinking about building her purely as a Reinhardt/B!Lyn counter with potential to be a Raven user (her or Soren) in the later future.

Ignis|Bonfire / Attack + 3 / Guard 2 / Variable C / Distant Def or HP seal.

Attack + 3 in combination with Gronnwolf+ enables her to do exactly 35 damage to B!Lyn. Effectively killing her. Guard 2 would negate QP/Moonbow Reinhardt and the only way he can kill her without that is if he's +ATK with DB3 and juiced by a Hone and Goad cav buff. 

The issue is that it's not fully reliable on one end. B!Lyn negates buffs for tome users so if she is +RES or has any sort of Cav buff then Robin is missing the kill and subsequently dying. If she's on a defense tile Robin is done. She needs to be unbuffed in order for Robin to snuff her out. This could be remedied by giving her Bowbreaker but now we're forgoing Guard and without that Reinhardt can QP/Moonbow her to death.

A Raven+ tome would give her wider coverage for all bows but it reduces attack power, she's no longer OHKOing Lyn and in fact dying to her without TA3 and with TA3 Cancel affinity affectively renders her useless. Fire Boost 3 would effectively snuff out both her and Rein reliably unless Lyn had a fortify buff but my number of Lukes is 0.

What should I be going for with her? Full coverage vs Rein and semi coverage vs Lyn or perhaps something else? Arena assault is effectively Rein/Lyn fest and I only have a few counters for them and they are usually for one or the other. The only counter to both I have is Cecillia and if I've already used her the battle is a struggle.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

How worth it is F!Robin? I'm thinking about building her purely as a Reinhardt/B!Lyn counter with potential to be a Raven user (her or Soren) in the later future.

Ignis|Bonfire / Attack + 3 / Guard 2 / Variable C / Distant Def or HP seal.

Attack + 3 in combination with Gronnwolf+ enables her to do exactly 35 damage to B!Lyn. Effectively killing her. Guard 2 would negate QP/Moonbow Reinhardt and the only way he can kill her without that is if he's +ATK with DB3 and juiced by a Hone and Goad cav buff. 

The issue is that it's not fully reliable on one end. B!Lyn negates buffs for tome users so if she is +RES or has any sort of Cav buff then Robin is missing the kill and subsequently dying. If she's on a defense tile Robin is done. She needs to be unbuffed in order for Robin to snuff her out. This could be remedied by giving her Bowbreaker but now we're forgoing Guard and without that Reinhardt can QP/Moonbow her to death.

A Raven+ tome would give her wider coverage for all bows but it reduces attack power, she's no longer OHKOing Lyn and in fact dying to her without TA3 and with TA3 Cancel affinity affectively renders her useless. Fire Boost 3 would effectively snuff out both her and Rein reliably unless Lyn had a fortify buff but my number of Lukes is 0.

What should I be going for with her? Full coverage vs Rein and semi coverage vs Lyn or perhaps something else? Arena assault is effectively Rein/Lyn fest and I only have a few counters for them and they are usually for one or the other. The only counter to both I have is Cecillia and if I've already used her the battle is a struggle.

I would go for full coverage over Reinhardt and partial coverage versus BH!Lyn. I do not see a lot of BH!Lyns with Cancel Affinity yet, so I would not worry too much about that.

I'm near 20k feather again thx to TT, so I have a new "who upgrade to 5*" question: I have Valter (since last time the choosen one was Legion) and Effie (but she's +SPD/-DEF if I'm not wrong, so it doesn't seem to be a good nature). Both are 4* lvl 40. On one hand, I could use Valter in my flier team to replace Palla (as long as I get another Palla for SI). On the other hand, I could use Effie to make an Armor Emblem (with Hector, BK (I'm at 26.4 points now), and maybe Sheena (+1), as I don't have the Armor March girl, my Zephiel is 3* and Draug is not an option). Which one would you upgrade?

Edit: also, how can I see the nature of a +1 unit? I made Sheena +1 before I knew natures were a thing, and now I'm interested in knowing how she is

Edited by Javi Blizz

17 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Edit: also, how can I see the nature of a +1 unit? I made Sheena +1 before I knew natures were a thing, and now I'm interested in knowing how she is

If she’s not 5★, you can check via Unlock Potential.

Anyway, the two highest lvl 1 base stats are increased when merging, then two next highest and so on, for up to +4 to all stats at +10. On the wiki

52 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Sheena always gains HP and Def on her first merge.

Regardless, if a unit is level 40, it's not hard to figure out since the difference from natures is always at least ±3 whereas the difference from a merge is only +1 at a time.

6 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I'm near 20k feather again thx to TT, so I have a new "who upgrade to 5*" question: I have Valter (since last time the choosen one was Legion) and Effie (but she's +SPD/-DEF if I'm not wrong, so it doesn't seem to be a good nature). Both are 4* lvl 40. On one hand, I could use Valter in my flier team to replace Palla (as long as I get another Palla for SI). On the other hand, I could use Effie to make an Armor Emblem (with Hector, BK (I'm at 26.4 points now), and maybe Sheena (+1), as I don't have the Armor March girl, my Zephiel is 3* and Draug is not an option). Which one would you upgrade?

In most cases, when considering who to promote to 5*, I ask who it is I'm more likely to use. In your case I find Effie a lot harder to use without lots of positioning skills and hard to justify due to +Spd basically being wasted on Effie, especially -Def. Valter at least has the ability to function well without a nature or Flier based team.

If you have more options for promotion to consider, such as skill fodder with 5* exclusive skills (Quick Ripose 3, Life and Death 3, Weapon+, etc), I'd take another look and see what you need MOST. Otherwise, I'd say Valter for more immediate usability compared to Effie. If you REALLY want to use Effie now though, you can. I just find it hard to recommend with that nature.

6 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Effie (but she's +SPD/-DEF if I'm not wrong, so it doesn't seem to be a good nature).

+Spd does have a niche build of Heavy Spear + Lancebreaker (regular Heavy Spear, not even the 5-star version), which one-hit kills the Black Knight, Zephiel, and Draug (the latter two need Death Blow 2 without Heavy Spear+, but Death Blow 3 takes care of merges through +3) and double attacks and one-round kills the more standard -Spd Effie through Wary Fighter (through +4).

Valter is still easier to use, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon