"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Thanks @Xenomata

I have a few units that I'd like to promote to 5*, so I don't see myself using 20k feathers just for SI, at least for a while. This units are: Effie, Valter, Catria and Zephiel. So, I think I agree, Valter is the next one.

Thanks @Ice Dragon!

It really sounds a funny set, maybe I'll try to make it the next time that Narcian is available (I still could get the one from Infernal map)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

It really sounds a funny set, maybe I'll try to make it the next time that Narcian is available (I still could get the one from Infernal map)

You can probably get away with Lancebreaker 2, via Arthur.  I tend to keep my -breakers at 2, if they're otherwise a pain to get at 3.

Hey you guys so I was wondering which team I should use to try to break into tier 20. I've always been bouncing between tier 18 and 19 so far, and was wondering which units should I try to use to max my points. I was currently thinking of using Ninian, Nino, and Masked Marth (when I merge eventually >.<).

https://imgur.com/a/4mIYe

EDIT: Sorry, apparently you need to paste it into your browser >.<

Edited by Sakuto

2 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

Hey you guys so I was wondering which team I should use to try to break into tier 20. I've always been bouncing between tier 18 and 19 so far, and was wondering which units should I try to use to max my points. I was currently thinking of using Ninian, Nino, and Masked Marth (when I merge eventually >.<).

http://imgur.com/a/4mIYe

Your link returns an error.

7 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

Sorry apparently it only works if you paste it >.<

Yep, that did it.

For bonus units, there's two options:

1. Use Kagero, since she'll be able to snipe infantry units.  However, Horse Emblem's gonna suck.
2. Use Elincia, even though she'll be on a mostly non-flying team.

If you go with Kagero, I'd use Ike, Nino/Julia (whichever one has the higher merge level), and Ninian.  That should give you a good mix of damage types.  For Elincia, I'd go with Hector, Ninian, and someone ranged (you have a lot of options)/Ike (because he sort-of counts).  If you use Ike, equip Aether.

I have no idea where the cutoff for tier 20 is, so I don't know if this will help.  If you're way far away from tier 20, you may have to wait until next week.

heya soo... i kinda need help building an effective long term team for my account. i was wondering if you guys could help. here is a list of all of my notable units... 

(dont worry about ivs unless they would be extremely important to a hero's performance. also if you could provide some skills for each hero that would be appreciated ) 

5*: Ike, Katarina, Azura, Hinoka, Julia +5, Lyn (BH) 

4*: Eirika, Black Knight, Robin +2, Reinhardt (2 not fused), Athena, Fir, Olivia, Corrin (M), Selena, Draug, Eliwood, Seth, Caeda, Sophia, Gwendolyn, Peri, Nowi, Corrin (F), Odin, Barst, Sheena, Cherche, Camilla, Fae, Cecilia, Niles

Notable 3*: Tiki (old), Nino

Thanks for the help 

1 hour ago, Sakuto said:

https://imgur.com/a/4mIYe

EDIT: Sorry, apparently you need to paste it into your browser >.<

Using merged units helps a lot, so if your Linde have a higher merge number than Reinhardt, you can try using her.

You can also try using armor units since you have Amelia, and her partner can be the Black Knight. However, I am not sure if your armor units will give you enough points since they are not merged.

BH!Lyn also gives a lot of points compared with Reinhardt assuming they have the similar merge levels.

31 minutes ago, Icarus13302 said:

heya soo... i kinda need help building an effective long term team for my account. i was wondering if you guys could help. here is a list of all of my notable units... 

(dont worry about ivs unless they would be extremely important to a hero's performance. also if you could provide some skills for each hero that would be appreciated ) 

4*: Eirika, Black Knight, Robin +2, Reinhardt (2 not fused), Athena, Fir, Olivia, Corrin (M), Selena, Draug, Eliwood, Seth, Caeda, Sophia, Gwendolyn, Peri, Nowi, Corrin (F), Odin, Barst, Sheena, Cherche, Camilla, Fae, Cecilia, Niles

Thanks for the help 

Natures matter if you want to stay in Tier 20. If you are fine with settling for bouncing between Tier 18 and Tier 19, natures do not matter too much at that level.

My core Arena team consists of BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia. Together, they can handle pretty much any unit. However, you would still want to stay away from pony teams since they are still a pain in the ass to deal with.

5 hours ago, Icarus13302 said:

Thanks for the help 

As long as you're looking at non -Atk/-Spd units. . .

Ike, Azura, Julia, (bonus character)

. . .and in other news, YOU'RE the one that's been stealing all the Julias! :P:

Hi,

i want to build a setsuna with a firesweep bow and life and death. I have a +atk/-hp setsuna now but is it worth to build her or should i wait for a +spd and what B, C and special skill should i give her?

Edited by Thienphu

3 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

i want to build a setsuna with a firesweep bow and life and death. I have a +atk/-hp setsuna now but is it worth to build her or should i wait for a +spd and what B, C and special skill should i give her?

If you want Setsuna to kill things, she will need a Brave Bow build, but other archers can use that set much better. Setsuna is not going to be killing much with her low Attack and Firesweep Bow; I would not waste a valuable skill on her and I will just use her as a debuff unit, so Fury is more than enough. She can run Poison Strike and Seals on her B slot. She can run Threatens or buffs on her C slot; I do not think she has the stats to run Ploys effectively.

Does the effects of Poison Strike and Savage Blow activate "at the same time"? I mean, if a unit has both skills, does both of them have effect, or just only one of them? Since one is slot B and the other slot C I think there shouldn't be any problem, but I don't want to waste both units and SP

It's for an idea that I've been thinking about for GHB and BHB

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does the effects of Poison Strike and Savage Blow activate "at the same time"? I mean, if a unit has both skills, does both of them have effect, or just only one of them? Since one is slot B and the other slot C I think there shouldn't be any problem, but I don't want to waste both units and SP

It's for an idea that I've been thinking about for GHB and BHB

Yes, they activate at the same time. It is a good way to deal chip damage, but beware of enemies who have Vantage.

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you want Setsuna to kill things, she will need a Brave Bow build, but other archers can use that set much better. Setsuna is not going to be killing much with her low Attack and Firesweep Bow; I would not waste a valuable skill on her and I will just use her as a debuff unit, so Fury is more than enough. She can run Poison Strike and Seals on her B slot. She can run Threatens or buffs on her C slot; I do not think she has the stats to run Ploys effectively.

So will it be worth to give my setsuna (+atk/-hp) a brave bow+?

Is it a bad idea to promote Alfonse?

With few exceptions I get around in arena without the starter trio, but Anna being a bonus unit on Tempest Trials Mini gave me this idea. It was fun to play Anna with boosted stats and I would give Alfonse Escape route to have a similar experience in a possible Mini-TT 2/3. If I'd keep him below 50% HP he would be able to have unbuffed 66 ATK on offense (35 base ATK, 16 MT Fólkvangr, +5 Fólkvangr effect, +6 Death Blow 3, +4 TT bonus) and he could ER-beam, but even with boosted stats he wouldn't double anyone (25+4 SPD). 

In the long term I won't use him much, just like Anna (Fury) and Sharena (Swordbreaker) who I use from time to time in Arena Assault. 

Other candidates: 

Spoiler
  1. Klein (+ATK)
    Since Brave Jeorge maxed HM I could use him in TT
    Low need (+ATK Brave+ DB3 Jeorge is fine)

2. Cordelia
    Just to give her the +ATK nature and a +1 merge
    Low need (She is already good and I have other great lances)

3. Cecilia
    Only green tome on a horse, already got Blade+, could switch to Raven+ occasionally. 
    Low need (she already works well and would be a possible 4*+10 candidate)

4. Cherche (+ATK 4*+7)
    Promotion of a Raven to give her Brave+ finally
    Low need (she already kills everything not red) 

5. Valter
    Just for fun
    No need at all

6. M!Robin
  7. Roderick
  8. Lukas
  9. Fae
  10. F!Robin
  11. Henry

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes, they activate at the same time. It is a good way to deal chip damage, but beware of enemies who have Vantage.

I was considering to use Clarisse, as her bow could be useful to debuff enemies too, although she is quite frail I think. Maybe one of her teammates should have Reposition. The only teammate I'm sure about would be Hector/BK depending on the map, so they can take advantage of the chip damage and OHKO things in Infernal in both PP or EP. 

What do you think? Is it too crazy to work? xd

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What is the minimum number for defense/ resistance/ attack to use bonfire/iceberg/ dragonic aura as a special?

There really is no minimum number as much as "Look at your highest stat"

Like for Xander with Fury, he has a 20 damage bonfire, but a 15 damage Draconic Aura

Or a +Atk Life and Death Celica who has 17/17 def/res, but her Attack stat gives her a 16 damage Draconic Aura

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

With few exceptions I get around in arena without the starter trio, but Anna being a bonus unit on Tempest Trials Mini gave me this idea. It was fun to play Anna with boosted stats and I would give Alfonse Escape route to have a similar experience in a possible Mini-TT 2/3. If I'd keep him below 50% HP he would be able to have unbuffed 66 ATK on offense (35 base ATK, 16 MT Fólkvangr, +5 Fólkvangr effect, +6 Death Blow 3, +4 TT bonus) and he could ER-beam, but even with boosted stats he wouldn't double anyone (25+4 SPD). 

In the long term I won't use him much, just like Anna (Fury) and Sharena (Swordbreaker) who I use from time to time in Arena Assault. 

Other candidates: 

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Klein (+ATK)

2. Cordelia

3. Cecilia
    Only green tome on a horse, already got Blade+, could switch to Raven+ occasionally. 

4. Cherche (+ATK 4*+7)

5. Valter
    Just for fun
    No need at all

6. M!Robin
  7. Roderick
  8. Lukas
  9. Fae
  10. F!Robin
  11. Henry

I've certainly seen Alfonse in a new light since I promoted him back in June. While the Askran trio have pretty much gone to the bench (not out for the count, just try to use others more), I used the trio for the second TT and they were well able to get to the final map on their own.

Alfonse himself needs some odd twerks to work well though. He'll definitely want a B skill that suits him: While I use Swordbreaker, he can use Brash Assault to take advantage of Folkvanger (or Brave Sword) and do some serious damage. He might also want to use a skill like Bonfire or Draconic Aura instead of Sol, especially if you aim to take advantage of a low HP strat. He's still a great green counter and his 32 defence helps for countering Hector.

If you're low on good red swords/not needing a promotion for a different weapon type, Alfonse is a unit who benefits from promotion to 5* greatly. Of the units you have listed, I'd say either Cherche or Cecilia if you need a green more or Valter out of your blue units.

Edited by Dayni

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What is the minimum number for defense/ resistance/ attack to use bonfire/iceberg/ dragonic aura as a special?

30+ Def/Res is usually a good benchmark for Def/Res-based specials, 50+ Atk for Draconic Aura.

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've certainly seen Alfonse in a new light since I promoted him back in June. While the Askran trio have pretty much gone to the bench (not out for the count, just try to use others more), I used the trio for the second TT and they were well able to get to the final map on their own.

Alfonse himself needs some odd twerks to work well though. He'll definitely want a B skill that suits him: While I use Swordbreaker, he can use Brash Assault to take advantage of Folkvanger (or Brave Sword) and do some serious damage. He might also want to use a skill like Bonfire or Draconic Aura instead of Sol, especially if you aim to take advantage of a low HP strat. He's still a great green counter and his 32 defence helps for countering Hector.

If you're low on good red swords/not needing a promotion for a different weapon type, Alfonse is a unit who benefits from promotion to 5* greatly. Of the units you have listed, I'd say either Cherche or Cecilia if you need a green more or Valter out of your blue units.

Thanks for your input, very appreciated!

Yeah, he would profit more from breakers in direct matchups, ER was more to have some synergy with his built-in brash assault in TT. Damage special and movement assist would be the first things to add. 

As you could see from my promotion queue, there is no real need for a certain unit type. I choose promotions for units I would use at least for a certain period, last promotion was Titania for the ongoing TT. Alfonses promotion would very much depend on him being a TT bonus unit. 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Other candidates: 

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Klein (+ATK)

2. Cordelia

3. Cecilia

4. Cherche (+ATK 4*+7)

5. Valter
    Just for fun
    No need at all

6. M!Robin
  7. Roderick
  8. Lukas
  9. Fae
  10. F!Robin
  11. Henry

Which of the starters are best to promote depends on your box more than the unit itself. Alfonse happens to be a very good playmaker on my teams when he's a bonus because my box is so blue heavy, meaning green axes are literally the only thing his slot fights to begin with (green mages get wrecked by good blues regardless due to low bulk). Gave him axe-breaker and all of his weeks are a breeze because my team ends up more or less identical to the team I'd run if all units were bonus units.

(I don't like Sharena much for pretty much the same reason---she would need about 20k feathers more investment than my Cordelia just to end up about a quarter as good, and I never gave her said investment, preferring to just drag her worthless 5* carcass around.)

Regardless, though, it's a pretty good idea to promote all Askr to 5* because then you'd at least have a guaranteed bonus unit each season, and reposition by itself tends to be well worth a unit-slot assuming the rest of the team is good.

Edited by DehNutCase

55 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Which of the starters are best to promote depends on your box more than the unit itself. Alfonse happens to be a very good playmaker on my teams when he's a bonus because my box is so blue heavy, meaning green axes are literally the only thing his slot fights to begin with (green mages get wrecked by good blues regardless due to low bulk). Gave him axe-breaker and all of his weeks are a breeze because my team ends up more or less identical to the team I'd run if all units were bonus units.

(I don't like Sharena much for pretty much the same reason---she would need about 20k feathers more investment than my Cordelia just to end up about a quarter as good, and I never gave her said investment, preferring to just drag her worthless 5* carcass around.)

Regardless, though, it's a pretty good idea to promote all Askr to 5* because then you'd at least have a guaranteed bonus unit each season, and reposition by itself tends to be well worth a unit-slot assuming the rest of the team is good.

Sharena (Arena bonus) and Anna (Mini TT bonus) are already at 5*, but like I wrote before, I use them on few occasions. 

What investment would Sharena need in your opinion? 

I guess I'll wait until Friday if the new banner brings some cool units who also want investment. If not and BH!Lyn is nearing full HM, then I'll promote Klein, otherwise Alfonse. 

Thanks so far! 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sharena (Arena bonus) and Anna (Mini TT bonus) are already at 5*, but like I wrote before, I use them on few occasions. 

What investment would Sharena need in your opinion? 

I guess I'll wait until Friday if the new banner brings some cool units who also want investment. If not and BH!Lyn is nearing full HM, then I'll promote Klein, otherwise Alfonse. 

Thanks so far! 

The main problem with Sharena is that her stats are too balanced, 32/32 offenses and 43/29 bulk is significantly worse than Camus' 32/33 and 42/31, especially considering Camus has access to horse buffs (and his horse of +1 move, of course). Yeah, Camus has terrible Res at 42/17, but Sharena's 43/22 is still in the 'ORKO'd by Odin' tier of magical bulk.

No matter what direction you take her in there'll always be a unit that can do better with less investment---Cordelia without an A-slot would have near identical matchups with Sharena with Brave Lance L&D, because Cordelia can get a +Atk boon for a 6 Atk lead, and Sharena with L&D is 40k feathers more expensive. This is also ignoring that a flier's reposition is better than an infantry's because they can reposition over gaps.

Unlike Alfonse, she doesn't use -breakers nearly as well due to a combination of being 3 points lower in Atk & Def as well as the fact that red units are a bunch of jokes on defense. (Partly because of Reinhardt, and partly because Red's strength is in their non-cavalry units, which limits their reach to 4 at best for a mage.) Axes can be real issues thanks to Hector, B!Ike, and Amelia's default sets actually being somewhat threatening, but it takes a really janky team to have 'red-sword' as a unit type that needs counters.

If I had to use her it'll probably be L&D Brave-lance to make her a ghetto Cordelia, maybe with Luna to patchup her significantly worse matchups. (Of course, not running Galeforce defeats the point of running a melee units, since you're supposed to be sacrificing mobility for cheaper unit-turns thanks to Galeforce, but at least this way she'll have some use other than reposition-bot.)

36 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The main problem with Sharena is that her stats are too balanced, 32/32 offenses and 43/29 bulk is significantly worse than Camus' 32/33 and 42/31, especially considering Camus has access to horse buffs (and his horse of +1 move, of course). Yeah, Camus has terrible Res at 42/17, but Sharena's 43/22 is still in the 'ORKO'd by Odin' tier of magical bulk.

No matter what direction you take her in there'll always be a unit that can do better with less investment---Cordelia without an A-slot would have near identical matchups with Sharena with Brave Lance L&D, because Cordelia can get a +Atk boon for a 6 Atk lead, and Sharena with L&D is 40k feathers more expensive. This is also ignoring that a flier's reposition is better than an infantry's because they can reposition over gaps.

Unlike Alfonse, she doesn't use -breakers nearly as well due to a combination of being 3 points lower in Atk & Def as well as the fact that red units are a bunch of jokes on defense. (Partly because of Reinhardt, and partly because Red's strength is in their non-cavalry units, which limits their reach to 4 at best for a mage.) Axes can be real issues thanks to Hector, B!Ike, and Amelia's default sets actually being somewhat threatening, but it takes a really janky team to have 'red-sword' as a unit type that needs counters.

If I had to use her it'll probably be L&D Brave-lance to make her a ghetto Cordelia, maybe with Luna to patchup her significantly worse matchups. (Of course, not running Galeforce defeats the point of running a melee units, since you're supposed to be sacrificing mobility for cheaper unit-turns thanks to Galeforce, but at least this way she'll have some use other than reposition-bot.)

Yeah, I wouldn't try to make her a Cordelia. Just gave her swordbreaker which suffices for the few times I use her in Arena. In Arena Assault I actually use Clive (also with swordbreaker) more often than her.