"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I've been trying to think of a good build for Clarisse that doesn't use the standard Brave Archer setup. Would Firesweep Bow+, Luna, Life and Death 3, a -breaker skill, and Savage Blow work decently as a "Kill one unit while annoying others and avoiding death" setup? The -breaker would probably just be switched out depending on what seems to be the current threat (Swordbreaker for Black Knight in TT, Bowbreaker or B Tomebreaker for Brave Lyn and Reinhardt in AA, etc.). I have three extra copies of her to promote and merge as well, but I'd appreciate any input and recommendations. 

If you want Clarisse to kill things, she really needs Brave Bow to do it reliably. Unlike top tier archers who have better Attack and access to +Atk nature to make offensive builds with other bows viable, Clarisse is stuck with 31 neutral Attack.

Clarisse
Brave Bow, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 127:2:43

Clarisse
Firesweep Bow, Luna
Player Phase 79:0:93

Dropping 48 kills is a huge decrease in performance; the calculator uses vanilla stats, so her performance will be even worse in the Tempest Trials. A unit's performance in their first round of combat is very important in my opinion. If you have to wait for them to reach their potential, you might as well use another nuke who can consistently kill enemies every time they enter combat rather than only killing something sporadically.

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I just pulled another Innes, and I'm not sure which one to keep!  :wacko:

My first one was +Atk/-HP, and the new one is +Spd/-HP.  Which one should I merge into? 

If you are giving him a Brave Bow build, go with +Atk. If you are keeping his own bow, go with +Spd. I would keep both for now so I have an option of choosing between them during Arena Assault.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

A few questions:

1. I pulled a +Res/-Spd Elincia and a Shanna fodder. Would having a Speed bane mean I should Shanna's Desperation somewhere else and not Elincia? Or is it still worth using the Desperation despite the (admittedly slightly) lower amount of wins? Or should I use a different B skill like Hit and Run (bye 4 star Clive?) or Drag Back?

2. I have a new +Spd/-Def Boey that could replace my +Spd/-Atk one. I know Boey's main strength is his physical bulk, so is it worth having more losses just so he could hit harder and have more wins? I feel like this should be a yes but I just wanted a second opinion.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also sorry, adding to this:

3. Which special is better for +Res Elincia?

Iceberg, Glacies or Luna?

Are there any specific units she wants to beat with Luna compared to the flat damage that Iceberg/Glacies provides?

1. If she is not using Swift Sparrow or Life and Death, then 31 Speed is too low to reliably use Desperation in my opinion.

2. As long as he can still tank BH!Lyn, then I think it is fine.

3. I would go with Iceberg or Luna. Glacies takes too long in my opinion. Between Iceberg and Luna, using that nature and her vanilla skill set along with dropping cooldown to 0, Iceberg gets 146:13:13 while Luna gets 147:14:11. I personally do not think it matters too much, so I would go with which ever is cheaper for you.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I have two unrelated questions other than the fact I got both their 5* 40s at the same time.

Eirika: Suggestions for a buffbot build with a +HP -Atk nature? I've heard Fury/Moonbow/Swordbreaker, anything else?

Black Knight: What's his JP 5* 40? The translated one states that he defeated Gawain, but Gawain had lost his skill and thus the Black Knight was searching for a true fight with someone that did have Gawain's skill- I want to see if the JP audience got this explanation canonised. Half my own curiousity, half this could increase the chances of Eddie/Leo/Nolan getting Caladbolg/Lughnasadh/Tarvos.

You can try switching Moonbow for a defensive Special if you feel you do not make use of her Moonbow too often.

I have not tried this on my own Eirika yet so it might not work very well, but if you are not using her Assist to Rally her ally, you can try Wings of Mercy and Reposition so she can act like a pseudo Wings of Mercy Dancer/Singer and Reposition an Ally to safety and tank a hit for them.

I will defer to @Ice Dragon for translating things.

2 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

So i tried to summon for performing azura but there were no green orbs so i tried the grey one and got performing olivia (+atk/-res) but how should i build her? Or should i give distant def to someone

Unless you are getting extras, I would always keep at least one copy of each unit, especially the good ones and especially more so for Dancers/Singers. Having a variety of good units is always more important than skill inheritance in my opinion.

Her default build is fine in my opinion. You might want to add a Special (I would go with defensive Special or maybe Moonbow if you use Poison Dagger), and whatever C skill you have.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@XRay Alright cool, thanks for the input! Looks like I'll go Drag Back/Hit and Run...maybe leaning moreso towards Drag Back because Hit and Run seems better if I ever pull a Tana with her Guidance skill.

Also is the double SP/EXP better for training Elincia/Black Knight in the TT (especially with the weekend double SP stack)  or is it better to use the Warriors maps for the bonus units?

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@XRay Alright cool, thanks for the input! Looks like I'll go Drag Back/Hit and Run...maybe leaning moreso towards Drag Back because Hit and Run seems better if I ever pull a Tana with her Guidance skill.

Also is the double SP/EXP better for training Elincia/Black Knight in the TT (especially with the weekend double SP stack)  or is it better to use the Warriors maps for the bonus units?

I say use the TT since you not only get points for the TT which can score you goodies like orbs and feathers, but the bonus EXP and SP alongside stat boost makes training them really easy. If you still need SP after they've reached level 40 though, the warrior maps are more stamina efficient.

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I say use the TT since you not only get points for the TT which can score you goodies like orbs and feathers, but the bonus EXP and SP alongside stat boost makes training them really easy. If you still need SP after they've reached level 40 though, the warrior maps are more stamina efficient.

Okay cool, I tried the TT and it's been pretty fun actually in the lower levels. Training both 5 star Black Knights, Axezura and Elincia. Axezura has been handling any blues, and dang double Black Knight wall is hilarious (I just want to get SP and maximise HM faster first before learning some skills on one and merging them together). I'm also reluctant to merge them too quickly in case there's an Infernal GHB that needs the Black Knight with vanilla stats in the future.

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Black Knight: What's his JP 5* 40? The translated one states that he defeated Gawain, but Gawain had lost his skill and thus the Black Knight was searching for a true fight with someone that did have Gawain's skill- I want to see if the JP audience got this explanation canonised. Half my own curiousity, half this could increase the chances of Eddie/Leo/Nolan getting Caladbolg/Lughnasadh/Tarvos.

I don't have the Black Knight at level 40, so I can't see his conversation in-game. What was the Black Knight's reason for dueling Ike in the Japanese version of FE9? I wasn't aware it was any different from in the English localization. The only thing I remember being different was the explanation for losing the duel and surviving the collapse, as FE9 and 10 were before I had acquired any semblance of fluency in Japanese.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't have the Black Knight at level 40, so I can't see his conversation in-game. What was the Black Knight's reason for dueling Ike in the Japanese version of FE9? I wasn't aware it was any different from in the English localization. The only thing I remember being different was the explanation for losing the duel and surviving the collapse, as FE9 and 10 were before I had acquired any semblance of fluency in Japanese.

Not 9, 10. (9 had the setpiece of 'rescuing Ena'.)

In the JP version, the Black Knight was weakened because something something warp powder- a malfunction that caused the Black Knight Ike fought in 9 to be some weakened version.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

In the JP version, the Black Knight was weakened because something something warp powder- a malfunction that caused the Black Knight Ike fought in 9 to be some weakened version.

The only difference I remember from the localization was the reason Ike won the duel (malfunction with warp powder in JP, the Black Knight let Ike win in NA). I don't remember if there was any difference in the Black Knight's motivation to fight.

The only difference I remember from the localization was the reason Ike won the duel (malfunction with warp powder in JP, the Black Knight let Ike win in NA). I don't remember if there was any difference in the Black Knight's motivation to fight.

Yeah, I think that's the only one. But it's the one that I'm sure is relevant: especially since the Black Knight learned this from his climactic fight with Ike in FE9.

Eng quote: "I learned the sword from one of my fellow Four Riders, Gawain. He was a general without compare... I fought my master, and I won. However, by then he had already cast aside his true skill. This means I have not truly surpassed him. But defeating one whose strength rivaled his own could be another means of achieving that goal. I have forever longed for such a battle. Not everyone would understand such drive, but as one who also lives by battle, I thought that perhaps you... Well, that is all."

The motivation for the FE9 battle was Ike trying to conquer Nados Castle for the war, and to save Ena while she was there. The Black Knight wanting to surpass Gawain is just an auxilary goal that I think exists in JP.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If you want Clarisse to kill things, she really needs Brave Bow to do it reliably. Unlike top tier archers who have better Attack and access to +Atk nature to make offensive builds with other bows viable, Clarisse is stuck with 31 neutral Attack.

Clarisse
Brave Bow, Luna
Player Phase 127:2:43

Clarisse
Firesweep Bow, Luna
Player Phase 79:0:93

Dropping 48 kills is a huge decrease in performance; the calculator uses vanilla stats, so her performance will be even worse in the Tempest Trials. A unit's performance in their first round of combat is very important in my opinion. If you have to wait for them to reach their potential, you might as well use another nuke who can consistently kill enemies every time they enter combat rather than only killing something sporadically.

Yikes, okay. I didn't realize just how many kills she would lose without a Brave Bow. Her results with one are a bit better than I expected though, so that's slightly comforting. And Brave Bow is cheaper than Firesweep Bow, which is kinda nice.

Sometimes it feels fruitless to try and build Clarisse when I already have Bride Cordelia, but someday I will make her... acceptable at best, probably.

What characters benefit from Gronnowl? I pulled a third 5* Boey and I'm probably going to just merge him into my +1 Boey, but not if there's something else really good to do with him.

Would Sheena be better with Wary Fighter, Quick Riposte, or another B skill? I've got her using Killing Axe+ with Moonbow which is fun for a countering build, but I'm not sure how best to expand on it. Wary Fighter would help her survive and would probably mean keeping Moonbow for constant hits on enemy phase. Quick Riposte wouldn't fix her speed and would make her take more damage, but she'd dish out more damage in exchange, and would probably work well with Bonfire or Ignis depending on the enemy. C slot is for buffs/threatens and A slot is just waiting on Distant Counter, so it's mostly the B skill I'm unsure about. And maybe a Slaying Axe if I ever get a spare Amelia.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

What characters benefit from Gronnowl? I pulled a third 5* Boey and I'm probably going to just merge him into my +1 Boey, but not if there's something else really good to do with him.

A hypothetical armored mage could, but in that case you could just run Raven. Owl needs two stacks before it even outdamages Blade by a difference of 1 Mt, and that's ignoring the bonus damage -Blade has already.

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Would Sheena be better with Wary Fighter, Quick Riposte, or another B skill? I've got her using Killing Axe+ with Moonbow which is fun for a countering build, but I'm not sure how best to expand on it. Wary Fighter would help her survive and would probably mean keeping Moonbow for constant hits on enemy phase. Quick Riposte wouldn't fix her speed and would make her take more damage, but she'd dish out more damage in exchange, and would probably work well with Bonfire or Ignis depending on the enemy. C slot is for buffs/threatens and A slot is just waiting on Distant Counter, so it's mostly the B skill I'm unsure about. And maybe a Slaying Axe if I ever get a spare Amelia.

Quick Riposte is good for fixing her low Atk, letting her hit twice. She will want Distant Counter inheritance to make the most of it though.

Also, running Quick Riposte makes Bonfire better than Moonbow by a huge margin. Extra bonus damage, guaranteed proc, what's not to love? Keep triple Warded for maximum CHOKE

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

If you are using her with two or three stacks of Ward Armor, Sheena simply takes no damage from enemy attacks, meaning Quick Riposte helps you land one-round kills.

If you are using her without significant defensive buffs, Wary Fighter helps keep her alive at the cost of making it difficult for her to land kills in a single round.

On a player-phase build, she should run a Weaponbreaker.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

The Litrowl tomes are generally used for two uses, Spd manipulation and defense manipulation, though both of those are considered niche uses. Litrblade tends to be better in most cases.

I tend to use them for Spd manipulation. Mae and Soren, for example, have comparable Atk stats to their competition, but slightly inferior Spd. In some cases where stacking raw damage on Litrblade is not enough because you miss a double attack and don't have enough buffs to brute force through, the Spd boost from Litrowl can provide enough for a double attack.

Defense manipulation is best used on units that are already extremely bulky on at least one side, allowing you to forgo Triangle Adept for Close Counter or Distant Defense.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Quick Riposte is good for fixing her low Atk, letting her hit twice. She will want Distant Counter inheritance to make the most of it though.

Also, running Quick Riposte makes Bonfire better than Moonbow by a huge margin. Extra bonus damage, guaranteed proc, what's not to love? Keep triple Warded for maximum CHOKE

Oh, the pains of never pulling a single Hector...

I think I read somewhere that Quick Riposte Sheena can work well with Ignis because of the order of attacks letting her always proc it, but that Bonfire works better against Brave weapons specifically since it'll always proc on the first counterattack instead of the second. Your enthusiasm for Bonfire has persuaded me to inherit it first though, so thank you.

If you are using her with two or three stacks of Ward Armor, Sheena simply takes no damage from enemy attacks, meaning Quick Riposte helps you land one-round kills.

If you are using her without significant defensive buffs, Wary Fighter helps keep her alive at the cost of making it difficult for her to land kills in a single round.

On a player-phase build, she should run a Weaponbreaker.

She'll probably see most of her use in the monthly armor quest, so Quick Riposte seems like the better option solely for that. I might throw a Wary Fighter on her for a Tempest Trial at some point just in case, I suppose. Making her into a player phase unit seems... difficult, and probably expensive (though Armor March might be able to help with that a bit), so I'll stick with an enemy phase setup for now.

I'm probably a little on asking this but I just got my 5* BK from the tempest trials and I was wondering if I should be upgrading the 4* to a 5* then merging them or should I keep them separate? 

Another thing, I got performing arts azure with +res/-def IVs. I got an extra Hector sitting around so I was wondering if it is worth giving DC to azura so she can be a mage check for my team? Or should I hold out in case I'm ever lucky enough to get another one. Planning to summon more in the month to try and get the other dancers. But still want to know if its worth since knowing my luck, this will be the only azura I will ever get.

@DefaultBeep Sheena can proc Ignis guaranteed with a Killer Axe only if she gets doubled or attacked by a Brave weapon if she has QR, which is a common scenario since her Spd tier isn’t fantastic. However, this gimps her somewhat against bulky, slow units since she won’t have as quick access to her special. Look to inherit both on her at some point.

10 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

I'm probably a little on asking this but I just got my 5* BK from the tempest trials and I was wondering if I should be upgrading the 4* to a 5* then merging them or should I keep them separate? 

Another thing, I got performing arts azure with +res/-def IVs. I got an extra Hector sitting around so I was wondering if it is worth giving DC to azura so she can be a mage check for my team? Or should I hold out in case I'm ever lucky enough to get another one. Planning to summon more in the month to try and get the other dancers. But still want to know if its worth since knowing my luck, this will be the only azura I will ever get.

Merge your Black Knights only if you like him and want to use him in arena, since the boost to scoring is the main draw for doing so.

If you have multiple Hectors, then feel free to use one on her. Keep in mind that it replaces her Triangle Adept, which limits her ability to tank blues. If you pull another Azura, you can always merge them. You can’t use more than one PA Azura in arena assault anyway.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Merge your Black Knights only if you like him and want to use him in arena, since the boost to scoring is the main draw for doing so.

If you have multiple Hectors, then feel free to use one on her. Keep in mind that it replaces her Triangle Adept, which limits her ability to tank blues. If you pull another Azura, you can always merge them. You can’t use more than one PA Azura in arena assault anyway.

I like having a lot of movement for arena so I hardly doubt I'll use him for it and I don't really overachieve in arena anyways. I just get the min arena score needed to get the 2.5k feathers. I would probably only use him for armor emblem quests so I guess his extra one can be used as SI fodder maybe? On a side note, been meaning to start both armor and flier emblem teams but is it possible to do armor w/o amelia and flier w/o hinoka?

I've only got 1 extra hector. Would it still be worth or should I just stick with a different A skill or maybe even her default TA?

24 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I just got a +Atk -Spd Oscar as 4☆, should I invest on him or use him as fodder? I have Death Blow Abel, Clive, Quick Riposte 5☆ Berkut and Camus.

He's workable.  36 base Atk is pretty good by lance standards, and cavalry buffs should patch his Spd (along with Fury).

23 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Eh.  I'm not a fan of giving utility units really rare skills.  I guess it might work against the likes of Reinhardt, but do you really want to put your dancer front and center?

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Eh.  I'm not a fan of giving utility units really rare skills.  I guess it might work against the likes of Reinhardt, but do you really want to put your dancer front and center?

I guess that's true. Especially since she is -def I wouldn't put her in the front lines. I just kinda wanted someone to bait mages to make the AI start moving so I can move my units in for kills and it would be nice if the baited mage was weakened/killed already. I guess her best skill set is still the usual WoM/ER with TA build huh?

1 minute ago, ScarletSylph said:

I guess that's true. Especially since she is -def I wouldn't put her in the front lines. I just kinda wanted someone to bait mages to make the AI start moving so I can move my units in for kills and it would be nice if the baited mage was weakened/killed already. I guess her best skill set is still the usual WoM/ER with TA build huh?

You'll have to ask yourself what you want her to do.  If you need another Rein counter, she should be able to absorb his hits via TA, then murder him/send someone else to do the job.  I think she works just fine as a pure support unit, with the occasional blue removal.

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

He's workable.  36 base Atk is pretty good by lance standards, and cavalry buffs should patch his Spd (along with Fury).

And as we speak I get a +Atk -Def Mathilda. Perfect, 2 4☆ lance cavs. I guess I'll leave them there at low priority.