"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Thoughts on this dragon emblem team (all unmerged)

- Nowi [-HP/+ATK]: Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury, Quick Riposte, Spur Defense

- Fae [still leveling so can't tell her IVs]: Lightning Breath+, Swap, Ardent Sacrifice, Warding Blow, Renewal, Hone Attack

- Adult Tiki [-RES/+ATK]: Lightning Breath+, Shove, Bonfire, Armored Blow, Swordbreaker, Hone Speed

- Ninian [-HP/+DEF]: Lightning Breath+, Dance, Moonbow, Life and Death, Wings of Mercy, Fortify Dragons

I find Armored and Warding Blow to be a bit underwhelming.  Triangle Adept or even Fury can get you more bang for your buck.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alistair said:

- Nowi [-HP/+ATK]: Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury, Quick Riposte, Spur Defense

- Fae [still leveling so can't tell her IVs]: Lightning Breath+, Swap, Ardent Sacrifice, Warding Blow, Renewal, Hone Attack

- Adult Tiki [-RES/+ATK]: Lightning Breath+, Shove, Bonfire, Armored Blow, Swordbreaker, Hone Speed

- Ninian [-HP/+DEF]: Lightning Breath+, Dance, Moonbow, Life and Death, Wings of Mercy, Fortify Dragons

Seconding @Rezzy ‘s suggestion to remove the Blow skills. Team Kindergarten is built almost completely for enemy phase usage and thus gets no benefit from player phase skills. Enemy phase skills like Quick Riposte and ranged weaponbreakers, mainly Bowbreaker and G Tomebreaker, have more value.

Ardent Sacrifice and Swap are both Assist skills. I advise keeping Swap. Shove is somewhat of a niche skill and another assist like Swap or Reposition would work better. If you really want a “push” skill though, use Smite. It can push teammates over lava, water, and mountains. This is only if you’re baiting a unit like Reinhardt with someone like Fae and you don’t mind them not being able to regroup with the rest of the team for a while. I’d still advise against using it though.

C Passives will vary depending on the team, but Spur Defense and Resistance tend to be among the less useful ones. Spur Attack gives a free +8 damage to Quick Riposte, so I’d suggest that instead. Another Hone Atk to replace Hone Spd is also fine.

Life and Death Ninian sticks out the most though. Running a passive that cuts into her defenses doesn’t play to her strengths as a bulky dancer. I would suggest running Fury or Triangle Adept instead, most probably the former for potential Escape Route usage.

Hope this helps.

Just pulled a +Atk/-HP BH!Lyn. First thought is to merge the neutral one into the +Atk one from the CYL event but 32 HP looks a bit low. Still merge or keep them separate? 

Edited by tobuShogi

Just now, tobuShogi said:

Just pulled a +Atk/-HP BH!Lyn. First thought is to merge her into the neutral one from the CYL event but 32 HP looks a bit low. Still merge or keep them separate? 

Merge if you use Brave Lyn on your arena team for scoring, but you can also run the two of them on arena defense for easy wins.

2 hours ago, Alistair said:

I prefer Reposition and Reciprocal Aid as assist skills on a dragon team. Reposition is just a good skill to begin with, and Reciprocal Aid allows you to pool together the monstrous HP that the dragons have and lets you make use of the HP of units that are no longer needed in on a map (because the units they need to counter didn't exist or are dead).

If Nowi is running Fury, she wants Swordbreaker to survive Lucina. If Nowi is running Quick Riposte, she wants Triangle Adept instead.

Fae prefers Triangle Adept to demolish Reinhardt and cover for her lower Def stat. Quick Riposte, Lancebreaker, or B Tomebreaker would be preferable in the B slot.

Tiki will have severe trouble dealing with Julia without one of Triangle Adept or G Tomebreaker. If Julia isn't an issue and you have a lot of resources, she can run Aether, Steady Breath, and Quick Riposte with -Spd that can cover both red and green physical units.

Life and Death is an odd choice for Ninian. Fury or Triangle Adept is preferred to improve her bulk.

19 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Just pulled a +Atk/-HP BH!Lyn. First thought is to merge her into the neutral one from the CYL event but 32 HP looks a bit low. Still merge or keep them separate? 

Your Lyn isnt supposed to get killed when you attack with her, so her HP doesnt matter much. She has the RES to survive some Mages, and she has the passives to avoid Distant Counter weapons. Merge the Neutral one into the +Atk/-HP one. If she gets attacked by a Melee or Bow user because they got close, that 3 HP different aint gonna save her due to her low Def Stat

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fae prefers Triangle Adept to demolish Reinhardt and cover for her lower Def stat. Quick Riposte, Lancebreaker, or B Tomebreaker would be preferable in the B slot.

Quotes like this make me feel weird I can use Fae to stop the free, neutral, vanilla Lyn that everyone has. Granted, that's thanks to her merge, and any sort of Attack buff while still using Mulagir kills her (Brave Bow's speed reduction matters, and Fae is fairly fine dealing with that choice).

29 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Merge the Neutral one into the -HP+Atk one.  +Atk is one of the best Boons for her and the -HP can easily be patched with a Seal, if it needs to at all, since Lyn shouldn't be tanking things in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Tavolaro said:

Who is better to upgrade to five stars? Olivia: Blushing beauty

Reinhardt:Thunder' Fist

Raven: Peerless Fighter (If so, i can turn my another Raven +1)

Olivia doesn't really need to be 5* to do her job.  4* works just fine unless you're using her for Arena and care about scoring high.

Reinhardt would be my recommendation.  Anything that isn't -Atk.  If you managed to get one that's +Atk, promote him now, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

If you already have one Raven that's 5*, I wouldn't promote another one, unless he's one of your personal favorites.

10 minutes ago, Tavolaro said:

Who is better to upgrade to five stars? Olivia: Blushing beauty

Reinhardt:Thunder' Fist

Raven: Peerless Fighter (If so, i can turn my another Raven +1)

Let me be straight with you: Everyone here is going to say Reinhardt. That I sort of agree with, but I'm unlikely to do it myself. It's a good idea, mind.

Olivia... doesn't need a promotion. I'd go for a 4* +10 on her unless you really want her 5* 40 cutscene in your Catalogue.

...You must like Raven, because I'd probably recomend foddering his Brave Axe first. If you like him and use him in Arena, sure, but...

(Also, damn error. This is probably going to be a double.)

2 minutes ago, Tavolaro said:

When It go to upgrade a hero to five stars, i can upgrade when he reach lvl 20? Or is better to upgrade in lvl 40? Sorry for the bad english

Promote as soon as possible, because a hero’s stats reset every time they are promoted. Alternatively, you can grind SP for them by leveling to 40 every time before promoting, but with the Warrior’s maps right now that isn’t as important.

2 minutes ago, Tavolaro said:

When It go to upgrade a hero to five stars, i can upgrade when he reach lvl 20? Or is better to upgrade in lvl 40? Sorry for the bad english

You can get more SP for learning inherited skills if you level all the way up, but with the Warriors map currently running they are a good spot for SP farming.

It’s up to you.

Can Inigo kill Reinhardt on Counter with Triangle Adept 3 and just regular Gronnraven, or does he need Gronnraven+?  He'll be my bonus unit, but I don't want to spend 20K for a weapon.

Same question for CYLyn.

1 hour ago, Tavolaro said:

You get more SP for leveling to level 40. It depends on whether or not you think the SP is worth the time and stamina.

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Can Inigo kill Reinhardt on Counter with Triangle Adept 3 and just regular Gronnraven, or does he need Gronnraven+?  He'll be my bonus unit, but I don't want to spend 20K for a weapon.

Same question for CYLyn.

Neutral Inigo deals 24 damage per hit to standard Reinhardt (38 HP) and attacks twice. The problem is that -HP or -Res on Inigo or a few merges on Reinhardt results in a dead Inigo before he can counterattack.

Neutral Inigo deals 21 damage per hit to neutral vanilla Brave Lyn (35 HP). Inigo needs Bowbreaker to attack twice.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Neutral Inigo deals 24 damage per hit to standard Reinhardt (38 HP) and attacks twice. The problem is that -HP or -Res on Inigo or a few merges on Reinhardt results in a dead Inigo before he can counterattack.

Neutral Inigo deals 21 damage per hit to neutral vanilla Brave Lyn (35 HP). Inigo needs Bowbreaker to attack twice.

Is that 24 Damage with just Gronnraven or the + version?

54 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That’s with his default Dancer’s Ring. The damage done ends up anywhere between 1-5 less when using Gronnraven instead. It also doesn’t factor in Triangle Adept.

Spoiler

Dancer’s Ring!Inigo (eff. 48 Atk) vs neutral +0 Reinhardt = 23x2; ORKO

Gronnraven+!Inigo (eff. 46 Atk) vs neutral +0 Reinhardt = 21x2; ORKO

Gronnraven!Inigo (eff. 42 Atk) vs neutral +0 Reinhardt = 17x2; 4 HP remaining.

Against Brave Lyn, that’s 12, 18, and 14 respectively. Gronnraven+ is needed to net the KO in this situation along with Bowbreaker.

Triangle Adept can make up for the lack of Atk, but fort tiles mess up these calcs completely; 25 Res becomes 32 and 28 becomes 36. Neutral Inigo with any of the three weapons misses the KO on Reinhardt, starting at 16x2 and dropping from there.

tl;dr be me and cry when you have -Atk Inigo and no TA fodder

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That’s with his default Dancer’s Ring. The damage done ends up anywhere between 1-5 less when using Gronnraven instead. It also doesn’t factor in Triangle Adept.

Hide contents

Against Brave Lyn, that’s 20, 18, and 14. Gronnraven+ is needed to net the KO in this situation along with Bowbreaker.

Triangle Adept can make up for the lack of Atk, but fort tiles mess up these calcs completely; 25 Res becomes 32 and 28 becomes 36. Neutral Inigo with any of the three weapons misses the KO on Reinhardt, starting at 16x2 and dropping from there.

Ok, cool.  I gave him TA and regular Gronnraven.  I still have Titania as my main Reinhardt killer, but if he's going to be on my team, it's good to make him useful.  I also gave him Moonbow, which should make up the difference for CYLyn.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Against Brave Lyn, that’s 12, 18, and 14 respectively. Gronnraven+ is needed to net the KO in this situation along with Bowbreaker.

Clearly it's time to come to the big leagues and go all out with -blade TA-3 just to fight Reinhardt.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Smokestack, what are you smoking?

28 Atk (base) + 7 Atk (Gronnraven) = 35 Atk.
35 Atk × 1.4 (Triangle Adept) = 49 Atk.
49 Atk − 25 Res (Reinhardt) = 24 damage.

So I've had this 4* Roy hanging around and I just got Inigo yesterday. However, he's -Res so I'm uncertain if giving him TA3 would be the best idea. I'm also considering giving the Roy to the Julia (+Res/-Spd) I also got yesterday. In other words, which of the two should get the Roy or should I use him on / save him for someone else entirely? 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Smokestack, what are you smoking?

@MrSmokestack, if you do not mind sharing, I want some of that too.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So I've had this 4* Roy hanging around and I just got Inigo yesterday. However, he's -Res so I'm uncertain if giving him TA3 would be the best idea. I'm also considering giving the Roy to the Julia (+Res/-Spd) I also got yesterday. In other words, which of the two should get the Roy or should I use him on / save him for someone else entirely? 

I would go with Julia. Inigo [-Res] cannot survive a fully pimped Reinhardt+10 with Triangle Adept, but Julia can.

Edited by XRay

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

@MrSmokestack, if you do not mind sharing, I want some of that too.

I would go with Julia. Inigo [-Res] cannot survive a fully pimped Reinhardt+10 with Triangle Adept, but Julia can.

Is that Reinhardt assumed to be using Blarblade+ instead of Dire Thunder? Because from the calcs I did, Dire Thunder Reinhardt (+Atk, Death Blow 3, QP Moonbow, buffed by Hone Cav and two Goad Cavs) can't kill TA3 -Res Inigo even if the former is a +10 5*. Besides, this is kinda a moot point as my arena scoring tier isn't near high enough (to put it in other words, I'm not someone who can stay in Tier 20 for more than a week) to where I'm at risk of running into +10 5*s though I suppose I could run into +10 4* Reinhardts. Though yeah, I am more inclined to give TA3 to Julia at this point if I'm to use him at all.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Is that Reinhardt assumed to be using Blarblade+ instead of Dire Thunder? Because from the calcs I did, Dire Thunder Reinhardt (+Atk, Death Blow 3, QP Moonbow, buffed by Hone Cav and two Goad Cavs) can't kill TA3 -Res Inigo even if the former is a +10 5*. Besides, this is kinda a moot point as my arena scoring tier isn't near high enough (to put it in other words, I'm not someone who can stay in Tier 20 for more than a week) to where I'm at risk of running into +10 5*s though I suppose I could run into +10 4* Reinhardts. Though yeah, I am more inclined to give TA3 to Julia at this point if I'm to use him at all.

35 Atk (Reinhardt [+Atk]) + 9 Atk (Dire Thunder) + 6 Atk (Death Blow 3) + 6 Atk (Hone Cavalry) = 56 Atk.
56 Atk × 0.6 (Triangle Adept 3) = 34 Atk.
34 Atk − 17 Res (Inigo [-Res]) = 17 damage.

17 Res × 0.3 (Moonbow) = 5 damage.

17 damage + 17 damage + 5 damage = 39 damage.

Inigo has 33/37/40 HP, meaning he'll only survive if he's +HP.

A merged Reinhardt kills Inigo [+HP]. You basically need Fortify Res to guarantee Inigo doesn't just straight up die.