"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Aether's only real benefit is for maximizing score, but unless you're trying to stay in Tier 20, the difference is negligible.  Bonfire is more useful for actually winning matches.

Normally I riff on Aether for its cooldown, but Brave Ike actually uses it much better than other units with Steady Breath and Urvan giving CD reduction. Of course to get the most out of it you’d need Quick Riposte, but if you’re maximizing points then you would have to keep his default B passive.

I think the choice is more up in the air honestly. Aether is great for scoring and he gets to use it often, but Bonfire by the same token is highly spammable.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently managed to snag a +Spd/-Def Amelia and I was wondering what the best set for her would be for that particular Boon/Bane combo.

At the moment, I'm split between Fury/Desperation or DC/Vantage, though I was more leaning toward the first option, since she pretty much as the same stat spread as my +Spd Lucina who works well with that build and I already have Hector to pull off the DC/Vantage build. Also unsure regarding which special is the best fit for her. 

17 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I recently managed to snag a +Spd/-Def Amelia and I was wondering what the best set for her would be for that particular Boon/Bane combo.

At the moment, I'm split between Fury/Desperation or DC/Vantage, though I was more leaning toward the first option, since she pretty much as the same stat spread as my +Spd Lucina who works well with that build and I already have Hector to pull off the DC/Vantage build. Also unsure regarding which special is the best fit for her. 

I would go with the first one. For Player Phase non-Brave builds, you want Moonbow. For weapons that reduces cooldown, you would switch to Luna, Bonfire, or Iceberg instead.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with the first one. For Player Phase non-Brave builds, you want Moonbow. For weapons that reduces cooldown, you would switch to Luna, Bonfire, or Iceberg instead.

Thanks. I'll try out Bonfire since with 35 Def, it should deal more damage than Luna the majority of the time.

I just got a Soren that has an IV of +atk -res, the one I am currently using is +res -def. Would the 3 extra attack be worth the loss of 7 res?

He'll be +8 once I merge this one and the build is player phase oriented already.

I've been thinking that I might build a Cordelia. But I'm still unsure of which build to go for. Which one do you think is better, brave lance or firesweep? Though I don't have swift Sparrow for firesweep :/

So I'm kind of new to Heroes in general and I'm about to choose who I'll support in the voting gauntlet. I mostly don't care all that much about ranks, IV's and all that stuff but there's one thing that did kind of bothered me when I read some of the discussions in previous gauntlets.

Why do some people want to join a character that will probably lose? Hell I saw people say that reward wise it's better to join a losing one?

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

So I'm kind of new to Heroes in general and I'm about to choose who I'll support in the voting gauntlet. I mostly don't care all that much about ranks, IV's and all that stuff but there's one thing that did kind of bothered me when I read some of the discussions in previous gauntlets.

Why do some people want to join a character that will probably lose? Hell I saw people say that reward wise it's better to join a losing one?

Some units (like Sophia) don't have a lot of fans. Thus not only is it easy to rank up within the army (as there are less people), but since the opposition is strong, you will most likely get lots of bonus hours, thus making it easy for you to get a high overall ranking as well. So more feathers

Edited by Kiran

Just now, Kiran said:

Some units (like Sophia) don't have a lot of fans. Thus not only is it easy to rank up within the army, but since the opposition is strong, you will most likely get lots of bonus hours, thus making it easy for you to get a high overall ranking as well. So more feathers

Thanks!

That's good to know. That way when a gauntlet happens where I don't care for any of the characters I could just join the one that is likely to lose.

3 hours ago, Eleanore said:

I just got a Soren that has an IV of +atk -res, the one I am currently using is +res -def. Would the 3 extra attack be worth the loss of 7 res?

He'll be +8 once I merge this one and the build is player phase oriented already.

If you are using him as a Player Phase unit, Defense and Resistance are dump stats. It is either [+Atk, -Res] or [+Spd, -Res] that gives him the most kills in the calculator if I remember correctly.

I'm starting to become a little skeptical of Fury, and it used to be basically the best A-slot for me. The HP drawback, to be exact. Isn't it basically the same thing to lose 6 HP than to take damage having +3 Def, durability-wise? And I'm talking beyond a grand total of one battle per Arena match. That's kind of lame, if you ask me.

59 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I'm starting to become a little skeptical of Fury, and it used to be basically the best A-slot for me. The HP drawback, to be exact. Isn't it basically the same thing to lose 6 HP than to take damage having +3 Def, durability-wise? And I'm talking beyond a grand total of one battle per Arena match. That's kind of lame, if you ask me.

Fury drops your HP in a safer manner. An attack that would other wise just barely kill you would drop your HP down to single digit HP instead. Other than Tempest Trials, Chain Challenges, and maybe reinforcement maps, sustainability hardly matter when most battles are so short. Fury is generally the best budget A skill for most Player Phase units that need either Life and Death or Swift Sparrow. If you do not need Distant Counter, Fury is one of the best A skill for Enemy Phase units along with Steady Breath.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury drops your HP in a safer manner. An attack that would other wise just barely kill you would drop your HP down to single digit HP instead. Other than Tempest Trials, Chain Challenges, and maybe reinforcement maps, sustainability hardly matter when most battles are so short. Fury is generally the best budget A skill for most Player Phase units that need either Life and Death or Swift Sparrow. If you do not need Distant Counter, Fury is one of the best A skill for Enemy Phase units along with Steady Breath.

My concern is beyond one battle, yeah. There's other modes besides Arena, you know.

I've actually ran it in most Trials, but it's not like I don't have an actual healer.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

My concern is beyond one battle, yeah. There's other modes besides Arena, you know.

I've actually ran it in most Trials, but it's not like I don't have an actual healer.

I ran Fury on my Soren in the mini-tempest, when I also used Lyn with Reciprocal Aid. This combo worked well.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I ran Fury on my Soren in the mini-tempest, when I also used Lyn with Reciprocal Aid. This combo worked well.

What Soren? +Spd with Spd Seal reaches like 40 Spd and can Desperation reliably. On the other hand, a unit that's meant to tank can become somewhat counterproductive with that 6 HP loss.

Just now, Soul~! said:

But most modes are like the Arena. Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges are the only modes that allow you use the same team over multiple maps. Reinforcement maps are the only other maps where sustainability may matter, but those do not make up a large portion of maps.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

But most modes are like the Arena. Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges are the only modes that allow you use the same team over multiple maps. Reinforcement maps are the only other maps where sustainability may matter, but those do not make up a large portion of maps.

2K1nTdd.thumb.jpg.272f1d63ebba1ac4bb0e5a

Is there a way to make a unit wait without the option "double tap to wait"?

Back when one update brought this option, it was a blessing, because before I would make a unit wait at least one time a day accidentally. Since then I left the option activated, never needing a unit to wait. But now with PA!Azuras buffing dance there are often situations where I want to leave a unit in its position but need to dance it for the buff. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

For physical units that have higher resistance than defense like Peri and Titania, do they prefer a defense bane or is a resistance bane better?

Depends on use. If you want them to have high kill counts on Player Phase, use -Res. If you want them to be a Triangle Adept magic counter/wall, you want [+Res, -Def].

22 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

For physical units that have higher resistance than defense like Peri and Titania, do they prefer a defense bane or is a resistance bane better?

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on use. If you want them to have high kill counts on Player Phase, use -Res. If you want them to be a Triangle Adept magic counter/wall, you want [+Res, -Def].

Adding to this, -HP may also be a decent bane to take. For Titania (as well as other TAdept units with good defenses on both sides), you typically don't want any of your 4 main stats to be messed with, so -HP is an acceptable alternative since you take virtually no damage from WTA-disadvantaged units anyway. For Peri and other non-TA melee units with high Res, it depends on the build you want to run, IMO. Are you running DC Peri? Then sure, Defense bane is fine. Are you running Life and Desp or some other build that doesn't want to be counterattacked/hit close range anyway? Then sure, Defense bane. In most other situations, I'd say take a different bane, and HP is usually relatively safe if you want to leave the others intact.

But yeah, I'd say it's rather dependent on the build you want. Building your characters around their natures is also fine too. (IE: both my Oboro and my Camilla are +Def/-HP, hardly an ideal nature for either of them, but at this point I wouldn't upgrade/merge a different nature to replace them lol)

Edited by BANRYU

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Adding to this, -HP may also be a decent bane to take. For Titania (as well as other TAdept units with good defenses on both sides), you typically don't want any of your 4 main stats to be messed with, so -HP is an acceptable alternative since you take virtually no damage from WTA-disadvantaged units anyway. For Peri and other non-TA melee units with high Res, it depends on the build you want to run, IMO. Are you running DC Peri? Then sure, Defense bane is fine. Are you running Life and Desp or some other build that doesn't want to be counterattacked/hit close range anyway? Then sure, Defense bane. In most other situations, I'd say take a different bane, and HP is usually relatively safe if you want to leave the others intact.

But yeah, I'd say it's rather dependent on the build you want. Building your characters around their natures is also fine too. 

Eventually I want to use Peri with Firesweep Lance so technically speaking which defensive bane shouldn't matter much but I thought I'd ask just in case. As for Titania, I plan on using her to counter blues. Initially I was thinking of a defense bane but she's already has average/sub par defense so I scrapped that thought.

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Eventually I want to use Peri with Firesweep Lance so technically speaking which defensive bane shouldn't matter much but I thought I'd ask just in case. As for Titania, I plan on using her to counter blues. Initially I was thinking of a defense bane but she's already has average/sub par defense so I scrapped that thought.

In that case, Peri has a good amount of flexibility; since she basically never wants to be attacked on EP, I'd say any bane that isn't Atk or Spd is perfectly fine. Def or HP would be preferred since she can actually tank some magic if need be (depending on whether you're running LnD or Fury or whatever), but you've got some wiggle room. For Titania yeah, I would still recommend -HP though I don't think -Res would kill her ability to deal with Rein.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Bring a healer or a Reciprocal Aid Renewal healer when you need sustain on an enemy-phase Fury user.

The Def and HP effects aren't the only things Fury has. It's also +3 Atk and +3 Spd.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Is there a way to make a unit wait without the option "double tap to wait"?

Back when one update brought this option, it was a blessing, because before I would make a unit wait at least one time a day accidentally. Since then I left the option activated, never needing a unit to wait. But now with PA!Azuras buffing dance there are often situations where I want to leave a unit in its position but need to dance it for the buff. 

Nope. This is why I've had double tap to wait turned on after it was implemented. Shaking off debuffs has always been a thing, and the new Dance skills make ending your action without moving even more relevant.

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

With Triangle Adept, you'd preferably want -HP if you want to tank both types of damage. However, always check benchmarks. For example, -Def Fae doesn't have trouble tanking physical blue units at all with Fortify Dragons up (since my benchmarks are unbuffed Ephraim and Effie).

With Firesweep, drop the lower stat if Bonfire, Ignis, Iceberg, or Glacies is viable. If those special skills are not viable, use -Res.