"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

35 minutes ago, Atticus Lee said:

May I request a screenshot of Peri's in-game chibi sprite? I tried googling it for assembly-reference but google didn't give me anything.

Please and thankyou

Heroes is under maintenance, so I can't give a screenshot, but this thread would be arguably more helpful. It has links to the sprites in game, and I used them to to make my Titania chibis.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

What would your typical Brave Ike build look like?

Honestly? I just use his default kit. (Plus reposition on the assist slot.)

B!Ike is on a team to stand somewhere and not die, which sets up for the player phase turn because he forces the unit that's hitting him into a certain position. Steady breath charges his Aether & gives him extra physical bulk, Beorc's Blessing lets him tank horses bar Leo consistently (and most people don't run Leo), and threaten defense is basically +5 Atk in the C-slot, because anything that got to hit Ike is in range to be threatened. Defense or Spd Smoke would probably be better for the C-slot, and you can make a case for a buff skill too, but his kit is fairly optimized to begin with.

It's the same way I use Selena, except Ike's quite a bit better at the job due to his Prf. They're both bulky enough to tank the majority of the cast without dying, and their specials are sufficiently lethal to guarantee ORKOs once charged---it's just that Ike charges his special faster thanks to steady breath and Urvan, whereas Selena wants Fury 3 to consistently avoid doubles---since her bulk kind of hinges on her excellent speed tier.

It's not really a vital niche or anything---teams with high mobility don't really care where the enemy team is standing, since they can reach them no matter what---but it does make arena runs fairly smooth by giving you another option for AI manipulation. (Neither B!Ike nor Selena is strong enough to make my main team, but they're some of the better second-stringers. I'm always happy to slot in Selena or B!Ike for their bonus seasons, and they almost always see a round of use in Arena Assault.)

You can give him other roles like the typical QR Bonfire set or whatever---Ike fires off two bonfires if he's getting doubled---Ignis quick pulse does the same thing, except with a single hit, and costing an S-slot rather than a B-slot. But everyone with high Atk and Def can do that kind of set, you don't really need Ike for it.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cooldown should be zero. Ice Mirror has a cooldown of 2, and Shield Pulse reduces the cooldown by 2 at the beginning of the first turn.

This means Ice Mirror never activates at the same time as Deflect Magic or Reinhardt's Moonbow if this is the first round of combat for both units.

Ah, I see. I thought it was just -1 cool down.

4 hours ago, Kaoxt said:

Just wondering would a Neutral Brave Ike overall be better then a +Atk / - Res Bike? I feel his resistance will be too low for mages etc.

As @DehNutCase said, -Res is better. I also would not use BH!Ike to tank non-blue mages since 60/63/66 magic bulk is pretty low as Blade mages can easily overwhelm that. Beorc's Blessing helps a lot against mounted Blade mages, but a lot of Blade mages are on foot too.

As for regular Ike, Fury is better that Steady Breath in my opinion. Fury generally has a better first round performance ratio. I remember only a tiny handful of units actually want Steady Breath over Fury. I remember checking Xander and Steady Breath is almost as good as Fury in terms of kill count (I am 99% sure Fury always has much less death count for all units), but Xander cannot run Steady Breath since he is not infantry or armor.

Ike +Atk -Res
Ragnell, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 147:12:31

Ike +Atk -Res
Ragnell, Bonfire
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 141:23:26

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ah, I see. I thought it was just -1 cool down.

As @DehNutCase said, -Res is better. I also would not use BH!Ike to tank non-blue mages since 60/63/66 magic bulk is pretty low as Blade mages can easily overwhelm that. Beorc's Blessing helps a lot against mounted Blade mages, but a lot of Blade mages are on foot too.

As for regular Ike, Fury is better that Steady Breath in my opinion. Fury generally has a better first round performance ratio. I remember only a tiny handful of units actually want Steady Breath over Fury. I remember checking Xander and Steady Breath is almost as good as Fury in terms of kill count (I am 99% sure Fury always has much less death count for all units), but Xander cannot run Steady Breath since he is not infantry or armor.

Ike +Atk -Res
Ragnell, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 147:12:31

Ike +Atk -Res
Ragnell, Bonfire
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 141:23:26

A Quick pulse build should have excellent enemy phase performance with Bonfire and Steady compared to a +Atk seal or whatever.

Ike +Atk/-Spd with Steady, Wrath, Bonfire, Quick Pulse nabs 154:13:23.

QR over Wrath is 147:21:22.

Edit: +Atk/-Res with Steady, Wrath, Bonfire, Quick Pulse nabs 159:8:23. But I have a feeling any buffs at all to magic users means Ike would prefer -Spd over -Res, since he does need to survive that first hit to OHKO back.

Keeping wrath also has the advantage where, after the first combat, Ike can charge up Bonfire for player phase KOs.

Ike with +Atk/-Res with Fury 3, QR, and Atk +3 seal reaches 146:12:32 for me, incidentally. Edit: Oh, I see, you used Moonbow, not Bonfire.

Edited by DehNutCase

9 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

So steady breath over DC?

We were talking about sword Ike with Fury 3 vs. Steady Breath, actually. The thing about DC B!Ike is that you kill a hector to let B!Ike do Hector's job, which is kind of pointless. (Urvan's still damn good, but it's basically a worse Mystletainn/Hauteclere once you give Ike DC.)

2 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Ah okay! Any recommendations for Bike then?

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly? I just use his default kit. (Plus reposition on the assist slot.)

I would just stick with his default kit too. If you do not like his default kit, the only thing I would change is to give him Ignis and Quick Riposte.

I should have come here straight after I got B!Cordelia -ath +def. Then spent 100 euros getting another one with exactly the same IV's. I feel so stupid (at least now I know when to stop, just getting the unit you want is enough, screw the IV's). If you give her Life and Death 3 with an attack+2 sacred seal, will she still be any good?

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I should have come here straight after I got B!Cordelia -ath +def. Then spent 100 euros getting another one with exactly the same IV's. I feel so stupid (at least now I know when to stop, just getting the unit you want is enough, screw the IV's). If you give her Life and Death 3 with an attack+2 sacred seal, will she still be any good?

The very same happened to me but with +spd -atk instead :( 

So yeah what to do with that -atk? Is the brave bow build still viable with L&D + atk seal? Or what skills are good for her in this case?

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

I finally got another Brave Ike, and he's +Atk -Speed. My old one is -Def +Speed. Which one would be better to sack off for Steady Breath? (Please say the new one; I don't have much Reposition fodder...)

the old one is garbage. sack it

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

I finally got another Brave Ike, and he's +Atk -Speed. My old one is -Def +Speed. Which one would be better to sack off for Steady Breath? (Please say the new one; I don't have much Reposition fodder...)

Unfortunately, [+Atk, -Spd] is the better of the two natures. And by a huge margin.

21 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Literally everything is salvageable on a character whose stat distribution is already absurd.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, silveraura25 said:

the old one is garbage. sack it

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Unfortunately, [+Atk, -Spd] is the better of the two natures.

Yeah I suspected as much. Thanks for the quick input, guys. I'll just make do with Swap for now as I decide who can benefit the most out of my two Selenas.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unfortunately, [+Atk, -Spd] is the better of the two natures.

Literally everything is salvageable on a character whose stat distribution is already absurd.

Thank you very much!

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

For actual context, Bride Cordelia [=Spd, -Atk] has the same offensive stats as Jeorge [+Spd, =Atk] and is only 1 Spd shy of Takumi [+Spd, =Atk].

feeling now more stupid for wasting money. i actually did pretty well with my f2p orbs, but being the idiot i am, i wasted money and didn't get much to show for it

17 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

The very same happened to me but with +spd -atk instead :( 

So yeah what to do with that -atk? Is the brave bow build still viable with L&D + atk seal? Or what skills are good for her in this case?

+Spd -Atk is basically strictly better +Atk Setsuna (she has 1 Spd and 1 Atk more). Now, Setsuna might be a terrible, terrible joke of an archer, but being worse than Virion at using a brave bow isn't actually too bad of a place to be, and B!Cordelia's better than that.

The biggest problem, though, is that melee units are going to bulk up soon with forges, thanks to +5 hp being everywhere, meaning you really want to make sure your archers to have around 34 or 35 Atk before everything else, and 32 is kind of only on the edge of being 'okay.'

You can give her the good old Moonbow Pulse combo, though. Reinhardt is the best user because it's fucking Reinhardt, but if you hated the idea of using the best unit in the game (he's the best not for his Dire Thunder, incidentally, the dudes completely bonkers for about 99 reasons, and Dire Thunder is only 1 of them), patching up B!Cordelia with quickened pulse isn't bad.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

feeling now more stupid for wasting money. i actually did pretty well with my f2p orbs, but being the idiot i am, i wasted money and didn't get much to show for it

Whether or not your money gives you something to show for it is always up to luck here. You can really feel no worse than if you had bought non-winning lottery tickets with the same money.

Did you at least get good skill fodder on your non-5-star pulls?

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff would probably be a good start.

Attack +3 or Speed +3 as A slot. If you just want to go for a Dazzling build, then maybe Fortress Def for more survivability.

For team support, C slot can be Fortify Res if on a budget and using bladetomers. If you're fancy, maybe a Ploy skill like Spd Ploy or Atk Ploy.

That said maybe let's wait until the update to see what weapon and healing skill best suits her.

11 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, I had missed this, but that might've actually been me who said that, so I should probably help out. For the build I want to to make, she definitely need Wrathful Staff, although if you're willing to part with a Bride Lyn, Dazzling Staff wouldn't be a bad choice either. With +Spd and Attack+3 in her A slot (or +Atk and Speed+3), she can hit 30/37 offenses without a weapon, which is one of the best possible offensive stats a healer can get. Otherwise, what weapon, assist, and special is best for her may change after the update, like mcsilas said, so any other advice I could give may be rendered moot by then.

I will say though: even with +Spd, Maria still suffers from the big problem of being a healer. She can be one of the best offensive healers in the game, but that's still quite a few steps below the more average mages out there, so she may not be worth much investment if you don't care about her very much. The upcoming update will certainly help her, but I highly doubt it will push her up terribly far, so building her is really a matter of whether you actually want to or not.

Ok thanks, both of you. I just asked to know if to send her home or not (already have one at Level 40). With the expanded barracks it won't hurt to keep her for a while. 

My first Dazzling Staff candidates are Elise and Priscilla anyway. 

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whether or not your money gives you something to show for it is always up to luck here. You can really feel no worse than if you had bought non-winning lottery tickets with the same money.

Did you at least get good skill fodder on your non-5-star pulls?

a couple niles which is good for iceberg . a lot of serras and saizos though

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

I have a regular Ike for SI, but, which skill should I use, Heavy Blade or Aether? And to who? Or should I merge him whith my previous one?

Heavy Blade is a better skill for him to inherit to someone else, because Aether can be found in Lucina/Chrom (well unless you don't have them and really want Aether on someone. Also take note you can get Sol/Luna from someone else to free up skill inheritance slots)

Obviously, people with high Atk likes Heavy Blade. I think I saw a Minerva, Heavy Blade and Galeforce build but there could be better options.

As for merging...it depends if you use him for Arena a lot for the points. Or just want a super Ike or a better boon/bane or just want to transfer skills. All up to you.

7 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

What about this idea that I've just found?

That’s pretty much what I’ve been wanting for him, except with Ignis because I don’t like Aether, and a flier buff in his C.