"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Got a couple of questions!

Mainly, who really likes Swift Sparrow?

I got a +def -hp Brave Lyn and a +hp -res Ayra from the 8% banner. I'm not sure if I should merge them with my old ones (neutral Lyn who is better, and merge my old +res -hp Ayra into this new one) or use them for Swift Sparrow fodder. I'm having a hard time picking who Swift Sparrow is especially good on, over LaD, Darting Blow, etc. Maybe Tharja? I use a +atk -hp one now, but I also pulled a +spd -res 4* one. In the calculators they both seem to preform similarly with either build and basic 4/4 atk/spd buffs, or PA Azura buffs, so I'm not sure if I should bother.

Second question: What would be the best pick for my Fae's Lightning Breath? She's +atk -res and currently runs TA instead of Fury (I don't have the Hinatas). She still tanks Rein no problem, but can't tank B Lyn. Should I buff up her res to remove the bane, make her attack even better, or maybe def to make her have more rounded bulk? She doesn't have Bowbreaker, but I could give it to her.

Third: What weapon choice for regular Camilla seems best now? I'm thinking of going with my +spd -res one for the DC build. Even with -res she should be good enough. I was originally going for Emerald Axe but waited till we saw the forge buffs. Does forged Slaying Axe seem best, or are her stats too middling still that she needs Emerald anyway?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+DEF -HP or +RES -DEF for Ayra? I was going to go for the former but I just found out that her HP is a -4 bane. Is it worth it?

(I would also like to second the above 'who likes Swift Sparrow' question lol, since I ended up with a spare Ayra and Brave Lyn.)

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Frail units that die to the counterattack in key match-ups when running Life and Death 3.

The first build that comes to mind is any Brave Lyn running something other than Sacae's Blessing because 48 physical bulk dies to just about everything running Distant Counter (and Lyn can't run Escutcheon).

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Second question: What would be the best pick for my Fae's Lightning Breath? She's +atk -res and currently runs TA instead of Fury (I don't have the Hinatas). She still tanks Rein no problem, but can't tank B Lyn. Should I buff up her res to remove the bane, make her attack even better, or maybe def to make her have more rounded bulk? She doesn't have Bowbreaker, but I could give it to her.

Is your Fae supposed to be tanking Brave Lyn for your team? If yes, then you probably want +Def because Fae has a lot of trouble tanking bows. Otherwise, +Atk or +Res.

23 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Third: What weapon choice for regular Camilla seems best now?

How many blue units do you need her to tank and how many buffs are you giving her?

Slaying Axe+ gives you better general killing power (since you can pair it with Iceberg), but loses out on sustain. If you're intending to only need to counter blue units and want to be able to take down 3 or 4 blue units in a single match, Emerald Axe+ is better, but if you're don't need her to take on more than 2 or so opponents or you want to also have a decent shot against green opponents (or if you're stacking Ward Fliers to hell and back), then you have an argument for Slaying Axe+.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Buffed non-infantry Blade mages with good Attack and Speed. For example, NS!Corrin +Atk at higher merges prefers Swift Sparrow over Life and Death against neutral vanilla units, since she is at the point where adding more Attack and Speed gives her smaller and smaller returns, but preserving her bulk lets her perform much better. (I think both skills were about the same if she is in unmerged battles.)

In my opinion, infantry Blade mages can use Swift Sparrow too, but they have not reached the point where adding more Attack and Speed matters less than preserving bulk. Plus, Life and Death is cheaper, at least for most players.

23 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I got a +def -hp Brave Lyn and a +hp -res Ayra from the 8% banner. I'm not sure if I should merge them with my old ones (neutral Lyn who is better, and merge my old +res -hp Ayra into this new one) or use them for Swift Sparrow fodder. I'm having a hard time picking who Swift Sparrow is especially good on, over LaD, Darting Blow, etc. Maybe Tharja? I use a +atk -hp one now, but I also pulled a +spd -res 4* one. In the calculators they both seem to preform similarly with either build and basic 4/4 atk/spd buffs, or PA Azura buffs, so I'm not sure if I should bother.

I think it is fine to merge BH!Lyn.

Unless you really like Ayra, I discourage merging Ayra since she is melee and infantry. However, my perspective comes from abusing the meta, so if that is not your cup of tea, you can use melee units.

Tharja can use Swift Sparrow, but Life and Death is cheaper and it performs better. I would just save Ayra.

38 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I do not recommend using Fae to tank archers, since her physical bulk is low and her stats are not distributed that way. If you still want to use Fae that way, she would need Bowbreaker in addition to the 4 Defense from Weapon refinery to have a reasonable chance of tanking BH!Lyn. Assuming your Fae is 5*+0,  she can only tank buffed BH!Lyns [+Atk, Brave Bow] who are merged up to +3, but she can tank all unbuffed BH!Lyn [+Atk, Brave Bow].

54 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Third: What weapon choice for regular Camilla seems best now? I'm thinking of going with my +spd -res one for the DC build. Even with -res she should be good enough. I was originally going for Emerald Axe but waited till we saw the forge buffs. Does forged Slaying Axe seem best, or are her stats too middling still that she needs Emerald anyway?

Unless your Camilla is highly merged, I personally prefer Emerald Axe since she will be able to tank all Reinhardts without worry. I am not a big fan of whipping out the calculator for every single fight.

1 hour ago, azurrys said:

+DEF -HP or +RES -DEF for Ayra? I was going to go for the former but I just found out that her HP is a -4 bane. Is it worth it?

Ayra has no business using Resistance. The +Def makes up for the -HP.

I have a few questions thanks to this wonderful forging thing, so here we go:

1. Are there any B skills that healers (more specifically, a +Atk Maria with Speed+3 A skill) would want now? My immediate thought with the staff upgrades was to go with the Dazzling Staff effect, and then give Wrathful Staff for the B skill. But would another B skill be better with the Wrathful Staff effect instead?

2. What stat upgrade might be best for Sheena with Slaying Axe+? Particularly +Atk/-Spd Sheena. Atk could obviously be helpful, but Res would balance out her overall bulk, and Def would simply push her physical bulk to even greater levels. I'm planning a DC/QR build, if that affects anything.

3. What would a +Atk/-HP +1 Young Tiki want to upgrade Lightning Breath+ with? Same thing as Sheena: Atk is always good, Res balances her bulk, and Def helps her physical bulk even more. She has no SI yet (except Lightning Breath+) because I still don't have Roy, but she's eventually getting TA/QR.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Buffed non-infantry Blade mages with good Attack and Speed. For example, NS!Corrin +Atk at higher merges prefers Swift Sparrow over Life and Death against neutral vanilla units, since she is at the point where adding more Attack and Speed gives her smaller and smaller returns, but preserving her bulk lets her perform much better. (I think both skills were about the same if she is in unmerged battles.)

[...]

I also pulled a spare Lyn and now I am in search for a worthy Swift Sparrow candidate. My first thought was my +SPD -DEF Elincia, since LnD would make her really squishy. 

All my blade mages (except Tailtiu) are running Fury. NS!Corrin and TD!Nowi are both +RES, in TT lunatic/7 they are able to tank some mages and most healers at 1 HP (buffed). 

31 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

1. Are there any B skills that healers (more specifically, a +Atk Maria with Speed+3 A skill) would want now? My immediate thought with the staff upgrades was to go with the Dazzling Staff effect, and then give Wrathful Staff for the B skill. But would another B skill be better with the Wrathful Staff effect instead?

Offensive staff units can run Breakers.

2. What stat upgrade might be best for Sheena with Slaying Axe+? Particularly +Atk/-Spd Sheena. Atk could obviously be helpful, but Res would balance out her overall bulk, and Def would simply push her physical bulk to even greater levels. I'm planning a DC/QR build, if that affects anything.

I do not have a Slaying Axe myself, but assuming the stat patterns from other weapons, I assume the upgrades are:

+5HP +3Atk
+5HP +1Atk +3Spd
+5HP +1Atk +4Def
+5HP +1Atk +4Res

Is that correct? If it is, then I would go with +4Def. Sheena needs the additional bulk to survive in order to deal back the damage. +3

Atk and +4Def both give the same kill count, but +4Def has much less deaths.

3. What would a +Atk/-HP +1 Young Tiki want to upgrade Lightning Breath+ with? Same thing as Sheena: Atk is always good, Res balances her bulk, and Def helps her physical bulk even more. She has no SI yet (except Lightning Breath+) because I still don't have Roy, but she's eventually getting TA/QR.

Since refined Lightning Breath+ operates differently, the calculator ratios are probably not accurate, so I cannot give a straight answer now. Base on my gut feeling, I personally would go with either +Atk or +Res depending on the build. +Atk is great but I do not think it is necessary for a Triangle Adept build, and the same applies to +Def. I like +Res so she can tank Julias and Deirdres even better.

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I also pulled a spare Lyn and now I am in search for a worthy Swift Sparrow candidate. My first thought was my +SPD -DEF Elincia, since LnD would make her really squishy. 

All my blade mages (except Tailtiu) are running Fury. NS!Corrin and TD!Nowi are both +RES, in TT lunatic/7 they are able to tank some mages and most healers at 1 HP (buffed). 

I would give Swift Sparrow to one of your non-infantry Blade mages with decent Attack and Speed, so NS!Corrin and TOD!Nowi are both good candidates.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Offensive staff units can run Breakers.

I do not have a Slaying Axe myself, but assuming the stat patterns from other weapons, I assume the upgrades are:

+5HP +3Atk
+5HP +1Atk +3Spd
+5HP +1Atk +4Def
+5HP +1Atk +4Res

Is that correct? If it is, then I would go with +4Def. Sheena needs the additional bulk to survive in order to deal back the damage. +3

Atk and +4Def both give the same kill count, but +4Def has much less deaths.

Since refined Lightning Breath+ operates differently, the calculator ratios are probably not accurate. I personally would go with either +Atk or +Res depending on the build. +Atk is great but I do not think it is necessary for a Triangle Adept build, and the same applies to +Def. I like +Res so she can tank Julias and Deirdres even better.

Alright, sounds good. I'll see what kind of -breakers I have to spare.

Subtract 1 Atk from each of those; so upgrading Atk only gives her +2, and none of the other options give her any Atk. But I assume that wouldn't change much for her, and possibly only make Def even more desirable, since upgrading Atk gives her such a small boost.

Yeah, that was my main concern with giving Atk to Tiki. Especially since all of the other buffs still give Lightning Breath +1 to Atk, so even Res will help her Atk a bit. I'll go with Res then, so she can have an even 33/33 for her Def and Res. Thanks!

So i thought i finish my Clair +5 (yes i got that many clairs...)

Current Setup Stats:

HP 39/ Atk 42 (with weapon so effectivly 28)/ SPD 41 / DEF 23 / RES 35

Berkuts Lance+ (not upgraded yet)
Reposition
Iceberg

A: Distant Def 3
B: Hit and Run
C: Def Ploy

I am thinking of upgradeing the Berkut Lance with the +4 Res. which means. if Clair gets attacked by a Mage she will have 52 Res (6 distant def 11 from berkuts lance and ), 58 if she equips distant def seal. She is kind of a mage bait

thoughts? (yes I know Reinhardt will still fuck her)

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

You have quite the way with words. :P:

If all you want to do is get a sky-high Res stat, then that build will work.  She'll still die to a buffed Nino and all.

22 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If you are using the staff user offensively, you want both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. Wrathful Staff and a Weaponbreaker works if the unit is bulky enough to not need Dazzling Staff (or you don't encounter Distant Counter too often).

If you are using the staff user for support, Dazzling Staff and Live to Serve or Dazzling Staff and Wings of Mercy.

If you are using the staff user for healing only, Live to Serve or Wings of Mercy and spend your gold rocks on a different character.

32 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

How many stacks of Ward Armor?

Fewer stacks of Ward Armor leans towards +Def or +Res. More stacks of Ward Armor leans towards +Atk.

34 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If you have Fortify Dragons, I would lean towards +Atk because Tiki has uncomfortably low Atk. +Res is also an option to better tank hits from Julia and Dierdre since Divine Naga ignores Fortify Dragons's buffs.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Reinhardt caps at 63 Atk without Goad buffs.

(yes I know Reinhardt will still fuck her)

Who would not want to?

thoughts?

She can run Deflect Magic if you want her to counter rape Reinhardt.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Who would not want to?

She can run Deflect Magic if you want her to counter rape Reinhardt.

Plan is actually to run Guidance 3 Seal with her rather. bait mages, rekt them with Ike or another unit that warps in. Hence why i also keep her hit and run

@XRayAlm prolly wouldnt want to do her

Edited by Hilda

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have Fortify Dragons, I would lean towards +Atk because Tiki has uncomfortably low Atk. +Res is also an option to better tank hits from Julia and Dierdre since Divine Naga ignores Fortify Dragons's buffs.

I thought her Attack is pretty sufficient since she runs Triangle Adept, plus that Y!Tiki has +Atk nature.

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to build a Flier Emblem team for a while, but never had a Hinoka. Luckily, I was able to pull a Halloween Nowi and now I am committed to finishing my Flier Emblem team. My current team is:

- Halloween Nowi (-Spd, +Def [probably the worst roll you can get...])

- Summer Corrin (-Atk, +Res)

- Cordelia +1 (+Atk, -Res) w/ Brave Build

- Cherche (+Atk, -Spd) 

What would your guys recommendations be for skill lists? I am certain that I'll just build Cherche relatively similar to Cordelia due to her power with a Brave Axe, but Summer Corrin and Halloween Nowi have me at a loss due to their bad IV's. I'd love to run a Blade, but not sure how worth it would be.

8 minutes ago, Koos said:

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to build a Flier Emblem team for a while, but never had a Hinoka. Luckily, I was able to pull a Halloween Nowi and now I am committed to finishing my Flier Emblem team. My current team is:

- Halloween Nowi (-Spd, +Def [probably the worst roll you can get...])

- Summer Corrin (-Atk, +Res)

- Cordelia +1 (+Atk, -Res) w/ Brave Build

- Cherche (+Atk, -Spd) 

What would your guys recommendations be for skill lists? I am certain that I'll just build Cherche relatively similar to Cordelia due to her power with a Brave Axe, but Summer Corrin and Halloween Nowi have me at a loss due to their bad IV's. I'd love to run a Blade, but not sure how worth it would be.

I'd recommend a Spring Camilla so you can Counter BLyn and Reinhardt imho, unless this Team isnt used for Arena

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

What kind of build does a +Def/-Res Spring Camilla want? I'm assuming the usual TA3 and Gronnraven build?

YES.

This is from someone who has that exact same Camilla.  Laugh as you take single-digit damage from bows.

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

What kind of build does a +Def/-Res Spring Camilla want? I'm assuming the usual TA3 and Gronnraven build?

If she is on a flier defense team, then definitely do it. Her Raven set screwed my archers over so many times in the past since I often did not bother checking her skill set until it was too late.

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I'd recommend a Spring Camilla so you can Counter BLyn and Reinhardt imho, unless this Team isnt used for Arena

I have yet to pull one. Wasn't planning on trying since I still have yet to get a Hector or Celica, but I may try for one. 

I don't truly care about making sure this is optimal for Arena, I have a few other squads who cover that for me in T20. I just want to make the best with what I have for now. :)

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I thought her Attack is pretty sufficient since she runs Triangle Adept, plus that Y!Tiki has +Atk nature.

Tiki has a lot of trouble burning through Sheena with Lightning Breath+, even with Summoner S support. I gave up entirely and just switched her back to Flametongue+ for Arena Assault. Though, these might just be my Vietnam flashbacks from the oasis map where once enemy armors get on the fortification tiles, they will never leave.

There's also that one battle of attrition I fought against a Halloween Jakob that only ended when I got my Aether to land before his.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Honestly, SS is kind of terrible. Between Fury 3 and L&D all of its niches are covered, so it's mostly there as a skill in 'budget' sets that try to minimalize skill inheritance (assuming you started with it in your base kit.)

L&D is more damage, Fury 3 is a ton more bulk---and both those skills are active on offense and defense, which is particularly important for B!Lyn, if you're using her as a mage counter-killer.

Edit: Even DB3 beats it a lot of the time in terms of matchups. Although I will say that, as a 240 point skill, it's better for arena score than the other options.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

How does Arena Score works? I mean, is there any way of knowing how many points does your team/unit have or something?

This thread here explains all that.