"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I also pulled a spare Lyn and now I am in search for a worthy Swift Sparrow candidate. My first thought was my +SPD -DEF Elincia, since LnD would make her really squishy. 

Under most circumstances, Elincia actually gets better performance with Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, and Escutcheon than with Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, and Luna.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, eclipse said:

YES.

This is from someone who has that exact same Camilla.  Laugh as you take single-digit damage from bows.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

If she is on a flier defense team, then definitely do it. Her Raven set screwed my archers over so many times in the past since I often did not bother checking her skill set until it was too late.

She sounds like a great addition to my flier team. Slowly putting together my flier team. I finally have a mage flier. Now I just need Hinoka for Hone Fliers.  

Is Res the most optimal bane for her? Kinda lost for a B skill though. My current flier "team" has Elincia and Cordelia with their Brave sets so they handle the greens and reds. That leaves Lancebreaker for Camilla? 

Also can I just say that Barst is like the best Reposition fodder for fliers since he gives Spur Attack 2 at 3* so inheriting a Goad Fliers from Palla also means you get Moonbow.

10 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

She sounds like a great addition to my flier team. Slowly putting together my flier team. I finally have a mage flier. Now I just need Hinoka for Hone Fliers.  

Is Res the most optimal bane for her? Kinda lost for a B skill though. My current flier "team" has Elincia and Cordelia with their Brave sets so they handle the greens and reds. That leaves Lancebreaker for Camilla? 

Also can I just say that Barst is like the best Reposition fodder for fliers since he gives Spur Attack 2 at 3* so inheriting a Goad Fliers from Palla also means you get Moonbow.

I don't mind the Res bane, since she has no business tanking non-blue mages.  Lancebreaker works.  You can also run Escape Route for giggles, since she'll be pretty low after tanking Reinhardt.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you are using the staff user offensively, you want both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. Wrathful Staff and a Weaponbreaker works if the unit is bulky enough to not need Dazzling Staff (or you don't encounter Distant Counter too often).

If you are using the staff user for support, Dazzling Staff and Live to Serve or Dazzling Staff and Wings of Mercy.

If you are using the staff user for healing only, Live to Serve or Wings of Mercy and spend your gold rocks on a different character.

How many stacks of Ward Armor?

Fewer stacks of Ward Armor leans towards +Def or +Res. More stacks of Ward Armor leans towards +Atk.

If you have Fortify Dragons, I would lean towards +Atk because Tiki has uncomfortably low Atk. +Res is also an option to better tank hits from Julia and Dierdre since Divine Naga ignores Fortify Dragons's buffs.

Hm, alright then. Maria isn't really the most bulky healer (especially with the -Res my current Maria has, though that'll hopefully be replaced by -Def someday), so maybe the Dazzling Staff would be the better option for her after all. I'll wait to decide for sure in case I don't get a Genny, since that'll probably decide whether I do DS/WS or WS/-breaker.

She's the one with Armor March, so three. But I also would like to make her work well outside of Armor Emblem, so maybe I should just plan to give her both eventually and switch between them?

I do have Fortify Dragons (and I'm heavily considering forging Ninian's Light Breath for those after combat buffs), although that again only applies when she's in Dragon Emblem. But adding Atk couldn't hurt, so I'll probably forge for the Atk first then. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Koos said:

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to build a Flier Emblem team for a while, but never had a Hinoka. Luckily, I was able to pull a Halloween Nowi and now I am committed to finishing my Flier Emblem team. My current team is:

- Halloween Nowi (-Spd, +Def [probably the worst roll you can get...])

- Summer Corrin (-Atk, +Res)

- Cordelia +1 (+Atk, -Res) w/ Brave Build

- Cherche (+Atk, -Spd) 

What would your guys recommendations be for skill lists? I am certain that I'll just build Cherche relatively similar to Cordelia due to her power with a Brave Axe, but Summer Corrin and Halloween Nowi have me at a loss due to their bad IV's. I'd love to run a Blade, but not sure how worth it would be.

Since TD!Nowi comes with Hone Fliers, I would give Corrin (mine has the same nature) a blade tome build. Corrin already runs Fortify Fliers, if you can give Cordelia and Cherche Fortify Fliers (or Hone SPD) and Hone ATK (plus Hone SPD seal), then also Nowi will do a ton of damage with a blade tome. 

Life and Death would be perfect to make up for their banes, but the standard Fury/Desperation combo works well too. I'm currently running both with Fury in the TTs at lunatic/7 and they kill nearly everything. 

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Under most circumstances, Elincia actually gets better performance with Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, and Escutcheon than with Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, and Luna.

Ok, then I'll save up other feathers for LnD. She will become my flying Quad-Hana. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

[...]

I would give Swift Sparrow to one of your non-infantry Blade mages with decent Attack and Speed, so NS!Corrin and TOD!Nowi are both good candidates.

Nowi then, because -ATK Corrin will get LnD in the long run, she'll need every point of ATK she can get. 

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier: I got three 5-stars from the Legendary Hero banner so far. +Atk/-Res Ike, +Def/-HP Xander, and +HP/-Res Deirdre. Deirdre being -Res is unfortunate, but Ike and Xander seem pretty good. What are good builds for them to have? 

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Since TD!Nowi comes with Hone Fliers, I would give Corrin (mine has the same nature) a blade tome build. Corrin already runs Fortify Fliers, if you can give Cordelia and Cherche Fortify Fliers (or Hone SPD) and Hone ATK (plus Hone SPD seal), then also Nowi will do a ton of damage with a blade tome. 

Life and Death would be perfect to make up for their banes, but the standard Fury/Desperation combo works well too. I'm currently running both with Fury in the TTs at lunatic/7 and they kill nearly everything.

Thanks for the insight! I wanted to Blade at least one, but I'm definitely considering both. I do like the shenanigans that I can use with Grimoire on Nowi, but I think it may work out better this way.

Would Fjorm be a good candidate for Distant Def? I don't like her A-Skill very much, baiters stand often alone. 

According to the description, Fjorms special damage can be raised by other damage reducing skills. Would be Distant Def such a skill? 

@Koos you are welcome. Have fun with your Fliers, those guys are my favorite units. 

@Ice Dragon I just remembered my Elincia can't run Escutcheon, she signed a contract for Team Galeforce. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

According to the description, Fjorms special damage can be raised by other damage reducing skills. Would be Distant Def such a skill? 

Distant Def increases Def and Res, not reduces damage. I believe Shield Pulse and the Deflect skills are the only ones that currently count (excluding skills that are currently exclusive to weapons, like Divine Tyrfing's effect).

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I just remembered my Elincia can't run Escutcheon, she signed a contract for Team Galeforce.

I think Death Blow 3 might be better if she's locked to Galeforce, but I don't remember what my numbers were without in-combat special skills (since they mattered a lot for my comparison).

At this point, it might be worth it to just re-run the match-ups.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

If she is a Raven mage, -Res is her most optimal Bane. As a raven mage, she should run Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier: I got three 5-stars from the Legendary Hero banner so far. +Atk/-Res Ike, +Def/-HP Xander, and +HP/-Res Deirdre. Deirdre being -Res is unfortunate, but Ike and Xander seem pretty good. What are good builds for them to have? 

For Ike, I prefer [Ragnell, Moonbow, Fury, Quick Riposte].

SF!Xander has really low Attack, so I cannot really think of anything other Sapphire Lance/Triangle Adept build.

Deirdre is still usable. With Triangle Adept on her A slot and she should still be able to counter any blue mage very well.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I pulled a +Spd/-Atk BLyn. Should I keep her or merge her into my neutral Lyn? I alternate Mulagir and Brave Bow+ with her and use her default kit save Hone Cavalry and Reposition.

Thanks!

Merging or using her for fodder is fine. I would personally merge since BH!Lyn is so good. Along with Reinhardt and Olivia, those three will make Arena a breeze.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

If she is a Raven mage, -Res is her most optimal Bane. As a raven mage, she should run Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker.

Spring Camilla can't run Bowbreaker.  And yes, I tried.

Just now, eclipse said:

Spring Camilla can't run Bowbreaker.  And yes, I tried.

Ah. You are right. I completely forgot about that.

24 minutes ago, Logos said:

How viable can a -Atk/+Def Celica be? 

Reveal hidden contents

Sigh.

She may not be great, but she is still usable. If nothing else, you can fodder her off for Distant Def.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Ike, I prefer [Ragnell, Moonbow, Fury, Quick Riposte].

SF!Xander has really low Attack, so I cannot really think of anything other Sapphire Lance/Triangle Adept build.

Deirdre is still usable. With Triangle Adept on her A slot and she should still be able to counter any blue mage very well.

Alright, thanks! Yeah, if I get a +Atk Xander, then I'm definitely using this one as fodder. I may still use this one as fodder regardless since I don't really care about him much anyway, but I'll keep him around for now. That's good to know about Deirdre; I'm definitely hoping for a better one eventually, but in case I don't, it's nice to know that she's usable. Hopefully I'll get at least one Roy during this banner, although with how well that's gone the past several months, I don't have a huge amount of confidence in that...

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is your Fae supposed to be tanking Brave Lyn for your team? If yes, then you probably want +Def because Fae has a lot of trouble tanking bows. Otherwise, +Atk or +Res.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend using Fae to tank archers, since her physical bulk is low and her stats are not distributed that way. If you still want to use Fae that way, she would need Bowbreaker in addition to the 4 Defense from Weapon refinery to have a reasonable chance of tanking BH!Lyn. Assuming your Fae is 5*+0,  she can only tank buffed BH!Lyns [+Atk, Brave Bow] who are merged up to +3, but she can tank all unbuffed BH!Lyn [+Atk, Brave Bow].

My Fae is mainly used for checking Rein, I just wondered if the +def and Bowbreaker would be enough to also let her deal with Lyn, but it seems not. (well, she can deal with Mugalir Lyn horse buffed and +10 with or without the +4 def, but BBow is a no-go.) So for general use, besides Rein who she already deals with, I'm just down to either +4 res to deal with other mages better, or +3 mt. It still seems like a hard pick since the calculators can't do the new breath mechanic of targeting the lower res/def stat to get a full feel for the matchup changes.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

How many blue units do you need her to tank and how many buffs are you giving her?

Slaying Axe+ gives you better general killing power (since you can pair it with Iceberg), but loses out on sustain. If you're intending to only need to counter blue units and want to be able to take down 3 or 4 blue units in a single match, Emerald Axe+ is better, but if you're don't need her to take on more than 2 or so opponents or you want to also have a decent shot against green opponents (or if you're stacking Ward Fliers to hell and back), then you have an argument for Slaying Axe+.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless your Camilla is highly merged, I personally prefer Emerald Axe since she will be able to tank all Reinhardts without worry. I am not a big fan of whipping out the calculator for every single fight.

She's not merged at all right now. While countering Rein is an obvious role for her to perform, I was also thinking of how each would help her in general beyond that. Emerald of course checks blues better, but the extra stats from a forged Slaying Axe I thought could make up some for the lack of the TA effect, by giving her better matchups against other units as well. Perhaps I'll still go with Emerald Axe then, for simplicity.

And I guess I'll hang on to both Lyn and the other Ayra for now. Seems like Tharja's still the only unit I have that'd really calls for it, but she's perfectly fine with Darting Blow. Even LaD doesn't seem worth the effort to give her.

Thanks to you both for the replies!

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

but the extra stats from a forged Slaying Axe I thought could make up some for the lack of the TA effect

Triangle Adept 3 is approximately equivalent to +10 effective Atk, +10 Def, and +10 Res against a single color, which is very difficult to rival.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Distant Def increases Def and Res, not reduces damage. I believe Shield Pulse and the Deflect skills are the only ones that currently count (excluding skills that are currently exclusive to weapons, like Divine Tyrfing's effect).

I think Death Blow 3 might be better if she's locked to Galeforce, but I don't remember what my numbers were without in-combat special skills (since they mattered a lot for my comparison).

At this point, it might be worth it to just re-run the match-ups.

I didn't upgrade the deflect seals, would be another reason to do so. 

If I remember correctly, Swift Sparrow is better against un-merged opponents, Death blow is better against merged opponents. 

I'm pretty sure about the answer to this, but I want some confirmation: If I combine a 40+ unit into a new lv 40 unit, does the new one inherit the boosts? I just got a -Spd +Def adult Tiki and I want to combine my 40+3 adult Tiki into her but want to be absolutely certain before I do.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm pretty sure about the answer to this, but I want some confirmation: If I combine a 40+ unit into a new lv 40 unit, does the new one inherit the boosts? I just got a -Spd +Def adult Tiki and I want to combine my 40+3 adult Tiki into her but want to be absolutely certain before I do.

Yes, your new Tiki will become a +4.