Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of making my 4* nowi 5*, but she is +atk - spd (the guides all suggest + speed). Is it still worth promoting her? is a -hp +spd adult tiki better? or should I just promote something else entirely now that fjorm exists as my all-range counter blue unit. Also, if I do promote nowi, what stat should i forge onto her lightning breath+?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

More general question here. What does merging a +1 unit into a 0 give, +2 or another +1?

+2. All merge levels are added together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you are in a game mode where Elise can actually kill things without dying, you can go with Wrathful, but Dazzling is better pretty much everywhere else.

Is it possible to obtain both versions, or are you locked to just one once you pick one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is it possible to obtain both versions, or are you locked to just one once you pick one?

You can obtain both. I have not actualy done it, but the game lists the character as one who can have their weapon refined, and lists the other staff option. You can also still equip the unrefined version of the weapon (could come in handy if you refine something like excalaber or naga, where the effect of the refined version is generaly better better but different enough to apply in different situations. Ignoring enemy bonuses in combat(devine naga) is usualy better than +2 to def and res when attacked (naga), but naga's effect is better is some circumstances.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tsubaki2627 said:

I have bride caeda what Her best skills set? 

I would just give her a Blade build.

Blárblade
Life and Death, Desperation/Breaker

11 hours ago, Talandar said:

Question:
I have pulled a Hector that I can safely sacrifice for Distant Counter. It will probably go to my Armor team and I'm currently deciding between Sheena and Amelia.
Both have ironically the same nature (+Def, -Res) and after Weapon refinery both have a Slaying Axe+.
My team doesn't have much trouble against Reinhardt since my Hector has the Deflect Magic seal which makes him tank even +10 one with Hone Cavalry.

Sheena has the advantage of higher Res but sacrifices offensive stats, most notably in Spd. However that can be remedied by using Quick Riposte or Wary Fighter. If I go for her I will sacrifice Amelia for Armor March inheritance.
Amelia in the other hand has higher BST and better offensive stats (+4 Atk, +9 Spd) but I find her Spd not that impressive. It doesn't help to avoid important doubles in the current meta and I feel she has to have Quick Riposte to do something.

Which one would you choose?

Amelia is a Player Phase unit. I do not recommend giving her an Enemy Phase.build. In my opinion, I would only give Armor March to Player Phase armor units since they can take advantage of the mobility the most. Enemy Phase units like Hector and Sheena are better as tag along partners for Armor March users to provide them buffs and then Swap or Reposition them out of enemy range after they attack.

1 hour ago, Absolute Zero said:

So I've pulled 2 more Celica from the legendary heroes banner (both -atk, which makes 3/4 of my celicas -atk rip). Gonna merge them to my +1, +def, -hp, But I want to make sure that +speed, -atk isn't any better than +def, -hp. Considering the Atk+3 seal is available it seems like it might be. A quick check on the calculator (LnD/Moonbow/Atk+3 Seal) puts them at about equal performance, with +spd doing a bit better against fury boosted units. Any thoughts?

[+Spd, -Atk] is better than [+Def, -HP] in my opinion. Being able to double more often helps offset the lower damage per hit.

58 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

So I just pulled a +Res/-HP Fjorm. Should I keep her or merge her into the neutral?

Merging or foddering her is fine. Drive Atk is pretty good.

58 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I was thinking of making my 4* nowi 5*, but she is +atk - spd (the guides all suggest + speed). Is it still worth promoting her? is a -hp +spd adult tiki better? or should I just promote something else entirely now that fjorm exists as my all-range counter blue unit. Also, if I do promote nowi, what stat should i forge onto her lightning breath+?

I recommend ignoring most of the "build guides"; many are poorly written and I doubt most of those writers have stayed in Tier 20. You can browse them for inspiration, but I would take them with a grain of salt. Asking experienced players directly is far better.

Nowi +Spd is crap in my opinion. [+Atk, -Spd] is the most optimal nature for a general purpose Enemy Phase build.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Merging or foddering her is fine. Drive Atk is pretty good.

I don't plan on foddering her, but which one should be kept? The neutral or +RES?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a formula for how many Arena Medals you get per match?

17 minutes ago, sirmola said:

You can obtain both. I have not actualy done it, but the game lists the character as one who can have their weapon refined, and lists the other staff option. You can also still equip the unrefined version of the weapon (could come in handy if you refine something like excalaber or naga, where the effect of the refined version is generaly better better but different enough to apply in different situations. Ignoring enemy bonuses in combat(devine naga) is usualy better than +2 to def and res when attacked (naga), but naga's effect is better is some circumstances.)

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Amelia is a Player Phase unit.

Amelia has the stat distribution to do either role. I'm currently using her as a hybrid since Arena Assault scoring requires her to have Distant Counter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, one of my heroes pulled from the legendary banner has been Ike, and I got one from his debut in the game as well. The one I got right now is +spd/- res, while my old one is +att/-def. Which one should I keep? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I don't plan on foddering her, but which one should be kept? The neutral or +RES?

I lean towards neutral. [+Res, -HP] is pretty similar to neutral's magic bulk, but it has worse physical bulk.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Amelia has the stat distribution to do either role. I'm currently using her as a hybrid since Arena Assault scoring requires her to have Distant Counter.

Feels like a waste of her Speed stat to let her sit there and get hit though. She can get in and get out with her mobility and partner's Assist.

11 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Hey, one of my heroes pulled from the legendary banner has been Ike, and I got one from his debut in the game as well. The one I got right now is +spd/- res, while my old one is +att/-def. Which one should I keep? 

I would keep both since the two natures can fulfill different builds. [+Spd, -Res] is good for a Player Phase build, while [+Atk, -Def] is okay for an Enemy Phase build. If you do not like having more options for some reason, I would stick with [+Spd, -Res] since that nature can do Enemy Phase well too.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double post.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRay said:

Amelia is a Player Phase unit. I do not recommend giving her an Enemy Phase.build. In my opinion, I would only give Armor March to Player Phase armor units since they can take advantage of the mobility the most. Enemy Phase units like Hector and Sheena are better as tag along partners for Armor March users to provide them buffs and then Swap or Reposition them out of enemy range after they attack.

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

Feels like a waste of her Speed stat to let her sit there and get hit though. She can get in and get out with her mobility and partner's Assist.

Amelia's Spd isn't that great though. 34 Spd at neutral is more suited for Quick Riposte stuff because she can avoid doubles with buffs or Fury but she doesn't double herself.
Unless you have +Spd or +Atk on her she doesn't seem to excel on the offensive since nowadays a lot of units have a lot of Spd and mine has +Def/-Res which is more suited for physical tanking. That's why I was considering DC + Quick Riposte in the first place and Sheena seems to do that better because she has way higher Res for mixed tanking.

Well, anyways, Sheena got the honor of DC and ate Amelia for Armor March. I'm pretty sure I'm breaking even on Arena points since Amelia had higher BST but oh well. Sacrificing my only copy of her like that kinda stings but Sheena's bulk worked great before that and she really needed some buffs. Happy to make her work again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Talandar said:

I'm pretty sure I'm breaking even on Arena points since Amelia had higher BST but oh well.

Sheena [=Spd] is worth exactly 1 point less (2 with a bonus character) than Amelia given the exact same skill SP costs. Sheena [+Spd] has the same score as Amelia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Heavy Blade take into account in-battle buffs (such as spurs)? Would Bonfire have increased damage from Close Defense?

What is a better nature for Celica, +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-HP? +Spd would bring her to a comfortable 41 spd with just the Ragnarok buff but +Atk could be used with Heavy Blade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Does Heavy Blade take into account in-battle buffs (such as spurs)? Would Bonfire have increased damage from Close Defense?

Yes and yes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Talandar said:

Amelia's Spd isn't that great though. 34 Spd at neutral is more suited for Quick Riposte stuff because she can avoid doubles with buffs or Fury but she doesn't double herself.
Unless you have +Spd or +Atk on her she doesn't seem to excel on the offensive since nowadays a lot of units have a lot of Spd and mine has +Def/-Res which is more suited for physical tanking. That's why I was considering DC + Quick Riposte in the first place and Sheena seems to do that better because she has way higher Res for mixed tanking.

Well, anyways, Sheena got the honor of DC and ate Amelia for Armor March. I'm pretty sure I'm breaking even on Arena points since Amelia had higher BST but oh well. Sacrificing my only copy of her like that kinda stings but Sheena's bulk worked great before that and she really needed some buffs. Happy to make her work again.

With a Hone Armor partner, Amelia's Speed becomes 40. With Life and Death, her Speed becomes 45, which is more than sufficient to double many unbuffed units.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

What is a better nature for Celica, +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-HP? +Spd would bring her to a comfortable 41 spd with just the Ragnarok buff but +Atk could be used with Heavy Blade.

I do not recommend Heavy Blade since there are so many better and cheaper options. Fury, Swift Sparrow, and Life and Death are all better and cheaper/more common. The cooldown reduction does not make up for the loss in stats. Heavy Blade is not a skill you want to use in most cases.

For Celica, if you are sticking with Ragnarok, +Atk is her best boon. If she is going to use Rauðrblade, then +Spd would be better.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the best Lightning Breath+ upgrade for +Def -Hp Y!Tiki? With Refining stones being pretty limited right now I want to make sure I make the best choice here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

What's the best Lightning Breath+ upgrade for +Def -Hp Y!Tiki? With Refining stones being pretty limited right now I want to make sure I make the best choice here.

Depends on what your Tiki does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

What's the best Lightning Breath+ upgrade for +Def -Hp Y!Tiki? With Refining stones being pretty limited right now I want to make sure I make the best choice here.

Y. Tiki is probably a better defensive opponent's phase unit than player phase. Spd could be good if she had higher merges with Spd+3 seal, but I think if she's unmerged an attack increasing lightning breath+ with QR3, and Fury 3 or whatever A skill you prefer might be better. +Defense could be nice to avoid more damage from melee, as you prepare to dish out your main damage with Bonfire.

Edited by Logos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been hearing rumours, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but does Light Breath's buff operate differently from Rally/Hone/Fortify skills? I heard the new upgraded version only lasts the current turn, and won't last through the (if buffed during your own turn) opponent's turn like the prior-mentioned skills. On that note, just to be absolutely sure, I can theoratically pick multiple upgrades of the same weapon on the same character and there won't be any problems, right? It'll just be treated as different weapons at the end of the day and they won't 'replace' one another or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stylish said:

Mental blank...

Do hone skill buffs apply to both player and enemy phases, or does the buff end after you end your turn?

Pretty sure it lasts until the end of the enemy phase, that or my whole life has been a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I've been hearing rumours, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but does Light Breath's buff operate differently from Rally/Hone/Fortify skills? I heard the new upgraded version only lasts the current turn, and won't last through the (if buffed during your own turn) opponent's turn like the prior-mentioned skills.

Assuming the buff works the same as everything else,

  • If Light Breath+'s buff activates during your turn, it lasts until the start of your next turn (both the remainder of your phase and all of the enemy phase).
  • If Light Breath+'s buff activates during your opponent's turn, it lasts until the start of your next turn (just the remainder of the enemy phase).

 

31 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

On that note, just to be absolutely sure, I can theoratically pick multiple upgrades of the same weapon on the same character and there won't be any problems, right? It'll just be treated as different weapons at the end of the day and they won't 'replace' one another or something?

Yes. Different refines count as separate skills from each other.

 

8 minutes ago, Stylish said:

Mental blank...

Do hone skill buffs apply to both player and enemy phases, or does the buff end after you end your turn?

Bonuses last until the start of the unit's owning player's next phase. Penalties last until the unit completes an action (end turn counts as an action).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depends on what your Tiki does.

 

25 minutes ago, Logos said:

Y. Tiki is probably a better defensive opponent's phase unit than player phase. Spd could be good if she had higher merges with Spd+3 seal, but I think if she's unmerged an attack increasing lightning breath+ with QR3, and Fury 3 or whatever A skill you prefer might be better. +Defense could be nice to avoid more damage from melee, as you prepare to dish out your main damage with Bonfire.

I see. As it is my Tiki has a enemy phase counter build (Lightning breath+, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2 soon to be 3, Bonfire, etc.), her main role is dealing with about every physical green in existance and now mages thanks to the buff. 

If I recall correctly +might puts her at 48 Atk while +Def gives her 42. It's kind of hard to choose 1 upgrade because Tiki has such a balanced spread that anything works for her, +Res gives her 38/38/36 bulk which seems like pretty good mixed bulk while +Spd puts her at 36 (40 with Hone spd) it seems to be the least useful due to QR so thankfully that's one out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What buffs can Spring Camilla's tome get through the Weapon Refinery? I don't have her, but I want to plan out some various ideas ahead of time if I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...