"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

21 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Does KageroChart not correctly take Desperation's effect into account? I tried running Bride Caeda at half health against a few ranged units, but they still seemed to retaliate first, even with Caeda having a Spd lead of 15+.

It is not working for me either. It used to work before though. Maybe @Winsomniak can look into it more.

Here are pictures just in case I forgot to take something into account.

Spoiler

XNaE5rj.jpg

8zm808G.jpg

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What weapon refinery stat mods work best on a +atk -spd Nowi's Lightning Breath+ (have not decided on skills yet), and a neutral Olivia's Silver Sword+ (runing spd+3 and wings of mercy 3)? Will be able to do both very soon due to the apology reward everyone is getting.

Edited by sirmola

44 minutes ago, sirmola said:

What weapon refinery stat mods work best on a +atk -spd Nowi's Lightning Breath+ (have not decided on skills yet)

The safest bet would be +Atk version since it's a general increase to Nowi's power, but I personally run a TA3 Nowi with +Atk -Res, so I gave mine the +Res variant, since the Res boost negates the negative nature and lets her take minimal damage from Red tomes and Tiki again.

The +Atk variant might be best run on a Fury 3 build since it will bring her up to 54 atk (and targeting the lower defensive stat at 2 range will make her a monster at that amount of attack). BTW, give her Quick Riposte if nothing else. Vantage would be good to.

...speaking of Nowi, she's been thrown into S- on the Wiki Arena Tier list when before she was below Ninian. I wonder if Weapon Refinery changed so much in just a few days...?

Edited by Xenomata

Probably going to revisit this subject but for now here it is. I just built a *5 Matthew (He's neutral, waiting on +ATK.) and this is his setup.

• Rogue Dagger+ (SPD Reinfinement)
  • Draw Back/Swap
  • Bonfire
  • Close Counter
  • Seal ATK 3 / Poison Strike 3
  • Threaten SPD 3 / Savage Blow 3
  • ATK Smoke 3 Seal

He sits at a very miniscule 37 ATK and 36 speed, he'll hit 41 and 37 respectively once I collect and merge a +ATK one. Thing is I'm not sure what I want to do with him altogether, or rather, the best way to do it.

The idea of this Matthew is that he attacks a physical unit (usually that can't counter), debuff him and his allies while buffing the team and on EP, they do little to no damage back to him and he kills at least one unit, at the most two and the rest of the team mops up the rest of the units. In layman's terms, you throw Matt on the frontlines and he walls/cripples the enemy army and the rest of your team mops up what's left.

Issue is I'm not sure what I want in the B/C skills. Seal ATK ensures that the target Matt goes for will have crippled offense when he approaches on EP and has a potential of 0 Damage to Matt across 2 battles if they don't have Distant Counter almost ensuring a KO on the next PP they happen to survive his EP Bonfire. Thing is he has a much higher chance of killing the unit if he's done 10 damage from Poison Strike. It's the same for C skills. Threaten SPD 3 gives him a much better chance to double on his next phase, but Savage Blow helps cripple the enemy team which is his bottom line, still Threaten SPD does the job of supporting.

If I had a fodder Brave Lyn I could give him ATK Smoke into his C slot and run something like Distant Def 3 to mitigate his biggest weakness: mages. If I had a Fodder Sigurd I could run SPD Smoke and ATK Smoke and ruin enemies' offense altogether. I lack those resources though. Anyways the questions.

Question 1:

What's more or less the optimal setup/build for what I'm trying to do here?

Question 2:

I have a hard time deciding what time of units I should run with Matt. Him being the colorless unit means no healer so with whom is he in good company? I need team composition.

Question 3:

What's a good unit/type to support with Matt? I'd like someone I can generally run alongside him. Fjorm could have been a thing, but I was too hasty and gave the Water Blessing to S!Frederick.

Edited by Zeo

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Question 1:

What's more or less the optimal setup/build for what I'm trying to do here?

Question 2:

I have a hard time deciding what time of units I should run with Matt. Him being the colorless unit means no healer so with whom is he in good company? I need team composition.

Question 3:

What's a good unit/type to support with Matt? I'd like someone I can generally run alongside him. Fjorm could have been a thing, but I was too hasty and gave the Water Blessing to S!Frederick.

Cool Matt. I promoted mine a while back and had no regrets. I want to upgrade his dagger too, but I'm still working out the kinks in my build/battling indecision. Personally, I don't see much point in investing in his ATK. He relies on Bonfire to do damage + his debuffs to do damage. Even with the boosted dagger and +ATK,  he's not going to do much damage on the initial blow. And even without +ATK, after the debuff, I'm pretty sure he'll be finishing off his target during a second round of combat. Lemme see if I can answer your questions. Might be out of order.

When I run my Matt, I like to run him with a dancer. Any of the PA dancers work wonderfully if you have them. If not, Ninian might be a solid choice, especially if you end up promoting her Breath. +5 to all stats after combat would be SWEET. This kind of strategy would allow Matt to safely KO one enemy while debuffing the ATK (with ATK smoke) of those around him. He'll be a wall while the others are crippled. Running him with a dancer also allows him to manuever around to spread the debuffs if he can't quite reach everyone. And can help him flee to safety. As for the rest of the team/support, I couldn't say. I suppose it depends on if you want him on an Arena team or for general use. If you want him to be the "main" person on your team, supporting him with the dancer is a safe choice. You could also run him alongside a Falchion healer to help keep him buf since you can't run a normal healer.

For B skill, you might consider Bowbreaker. He's not necessarily the BEST Brave Lyn counter, but he can be one if you're using him for Arena. Renewal is kind of a dumb choice, and maybe not the most useful, but I could see it being relatively annoying.

(I'd write more, but I ran out of time on this post and have to run. Hopefully some of this is helpful.)

3 hours ago, Levin's Scarf said:

I was thinking of building Fjorm with Ice Mirror, Distant Def 3, Shield Pulse 3, and Deflect Missile seal. Good idea or bad idea?

She looks good, although you may want to consider Steady Breath as well if you plan to use her primarily against archers to allow her to spam Ice Mirror.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

The safest bet would be +Atk version since it's a general increase to Nowi's power, but I personally run a TA3 Nowi with +Atk -Res, so I gave mine the +Res variant, since the Res boost negates the negative nature and lets her take minimal damage from Red tomes and Tiki again.

The +Atk variant might be best run on a Fury 3 build since it will bring her up to 54 atk (and targeting the lower defensive stat at 2 range will make her a monster at that amount of attack). BTW, give her Quick Riposte if nothing else. Vantage would be good to.

...speaking of Nowi, she's been thrown into S- on the Wiki Arena Tier list when before she was below Ninian. I wonder if Weapon Refinery changed so much in just a few days...?

THanks For the advice. What should I do for the neutral Olivia's Silver sword+?

17 minutes ago, sirmola said:

THanks For the advice. What should I do for the neutral Olivia's Silver sword+?

Usually Olivia prefers a Ruby Sword, but if you want to run with Silver Sword then I would personally do +Spd to double and avoid doubles.

She would appreciate Fury 3 more than Spd+3, though it may not matter anyways if you don't want her fighting.

3 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Can anyone help a poor summoner out as I only have a Bridal Cordelia that is +def -spd. I know this is one of the worst possible stat so I need help in building it.

Thanks.

Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, Weaponbreaker.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Usually Olivia prefers a Ruby Sword, but if you want to run with Silver Sword then I would personally do +Spd to double and avoid doubles.

She would appreciate Fury 3 more than Spd+3, though it may not matter anyways if you don't want her fighting.

I don't actualy have a ruby sword+ (although I did have her inherit a ruby sword off of a 4 star, I have not had her learn it yet.) Is a ruby sword (non-plus) better than a forged silver sword plus? also, I don't really have anyone with fury 3 (although I do have a 3 star hinata i could promote), So I intentionaly used a suboptimal skill because it is better than no skill. I should mention that I am fully F2P, So any nature I get is the nature I am probably stuck with (as I only get so many orbs, and i honestly perfer to spend them on team variety). THis Olivia is literally my 1* hero battle olivia who i raised up all the way, because i just did not pull any dancers. (which is why she is neuteral)

One more thing, In the hour since I posted your comment, I have pulled a bride caeda, and note that her weapon gets a big buff when forged. Given that none of the december quests Include refinery stones, I will probably only have enough stones to forge one weapon anytime soon (two if you count the abovementioned nowi, but that is a no brainer.) I was assuming Olivia (as she is by far my most used character who has a refinable weapon, even if it is only for dance utility 90% of the time), but the other alternatives are bride caeda (new), athena, katrina, F!corrin, and soren (all of whom have their base weapon, as I generaly don't have that many 5* units, as mentioned above).

Edited by sirmola

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

I don't actualy have a ruby sword+ (although I did have her inherit a ruby sword off of a 4 star, I have not had her learn it yet.) Is a ruby sword (non-plus) better than a forged silver sword plus? also, I don't really have anyone with fury 3 (although I do have a 3 star hinata i could promote), So I intentionaly used a suboptimal skill because it is better than no skill. I should mention that I am fully F2P, So any nature I get is the nature I am probably stuck with (as I only get so many orbs, and i honestly perfer to spend them on team variety). THis Olivia is literally my 1* hero battle olivia who i raised up all the way, because i just did not pull any dancers.

One more thing, In the hour since I posted your comment, I have pulled a bride caeda, and note that her weapon gets a big buff when forged. Given that none of the december quests Include refinery stones, I will probably only have enough stones to forge one weapon anytime soon (two if you count the abovementioned nowi, but that is a no brainer.) I was assuming Olivia (as she is by far my most used character who has a refinable weapon, even if it is only for dance utility 90% of the time), but the other alternatives are bride caeda (new), athena, katrina, F!corrin, and soren (all of whom have their base weapon).

Thing is that Dancers usually use a Gem Weapon (Ruby Sword, Emerald Axe, and Sapphire Lance) or Triangle Adept 3 to make up for their lower stats if they are forced to enter combat. Olivia, even if she had a +Atk nature, only reaches about 46-48 Atk with a forged Silver Sword, and in your case even if she ran Fury 3 she would still lack the ability to do much offensively. Her defenses are a big problem, and a Ruby Sword does two things for her. A. She lowers the damage from Green enemies, and B. She deals a great amount of damage to Greens in return. She also has her A slot free to equip whatever she wants to, including Fury or, if you ever get stupidly lucky, Distant Counter.

She could use Silver Sword and TA3, but her stats will suffer as a result when she could get the same (pre-forging) results from Ruby Sword and Fury 3 while still getting a small defensive bonus.

...anyways, if you can't get a Ruby Sword+ then it's okay to run Ruby Sword. The difference of 4 might won't come into full effect until you start attacking the highest tiers of Arena or Lunatic/Infernal battles, and even then it's usually best to keep your dancer out of the fight anyways, so in my honest opinion it'd be best to save your forging resources for a different unit even if you don't go the Ruby Sword route.

Hey'a! ;w; /

I recently got a +ATK/-RES Nephenee from the Power Specials banner and was wondering if any of you had some builds recommendations for her? I really have no idea and everywhere I go I see a lot of +SPD build recommendations. o3o;;  Any help or advice would be super appreciated! 

38 minutes ago, Sarfiaholic said:

Hey'a! ;w; /

I recently got a +ATK/-RES Nephenee from the Power Specials banner and was wondering if any of you had some builds recommendations for her? I really have no idea and everywhere I go I see a lot of +SPD build recommendations. o3o;;  Any help or advice would be super appreciated! 

Don't worry about Speed. Speed+3 seal and Weapon Forging Slaying Lance+ with +Spd variant can cover any speed you may have had with +spd nature.

Anyways, even without the Speed nature I'd still recommend the basic build of Fury 3, Wrath 3, C skill, Slaying Lance, Assist, and Moonbow, though also think about Glimmer if you find you can't outspeed anything. The set is effective in what it sets out to do and lets Nephenee deal solid damage in just one hit. Her defense will also be high enough that most swords don't deal much damage, if any at all.

7 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hey,

What is the best S seal for Ayra (+atk/-def)  im using her default kit.

I would go Attack +3 for performance or Brash Assault for points. Ayra is super fast already, so she does not need much more Speed, and if you do, just have one of her allies run Hone Speed.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ayra is super fast already, so she does not need much more Speed.

This was brought home to me by bride!caeda, who is pretty fast, (apperently tied for third fastest when she came out), but still has four points less speed than her at LEVEL1! This is despite the face that ceade is +spd, and ayra is neutral.

Speeking of bride caeda, I was thinking of forging her weapon (+spd/-def  nature). Which mod is best? (less urgently, which skills are good(including easy alternatives)?)

11 minutes ago, sirmola said:

This was brought home to me by bride!caeda, who is pretty fast, (apperently tied for third fastest when she came out), but still has four points less speed than her at LEVEL1! This is despite the face that ceade is +spd, and ayra is neutral.

Speeking of bride caeda, I was thinking of forging her weapon (+spd/-def  nature). Which mod is best? (less urgently, which skills are good(including easy alternatives)?)

If you are keeping her default Weapon, then just up Attack. She need Attack more than anything else, and since you are not running Blades, her Special matters and I would go with Moonbow.

If you do not want to spend Feathers on Life and Death, Fury is a cheap alternative. I would go with Desperation rather than a Breaker since BB!Caeda is super fast with an offensive A slot.

Hi everyone, first post here!

I’m trying to build a dedicated bait for Bow Lyn that can kill her on 1v1. More than one bait actually, because seing 4 or 5 Lyns on the same Arena assault run is not uncommon. So first I need to understand the game mechanics of Mulagir vs mage.

I see in the tooltip that it disables Fortify/Rally/etc, easy to understand. The blue text buffs (at least) are disabled. But what about the rest?

Supose a Boey with 1-[Earth boost], 2-[Gronnowl] (get stats when combat near allies) 3-(+Defense Weapon Refinement), 4-[Distant Def seal] 5-Buffed by [Spur defense] from an ally ... gets attacked by Bow Lyn with Mulagir, which of the bonuses get disabled? And what about Effective weapons, like Gronnwolf (effective vs horse)? And raven tomes (weapon advantage vs colorless)? disabled too?

10 minutes ago, Yuce said:

The blue text buffs (at least) are disabled. But what about the rest?

These and only these. Anything that doesn’t produce blue numbers isn’t affected by Mulagir.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

With weapon refinement, what would an +atk,-hp Fae's (triangle adept, quick riposte,) upgrade her help her out the most.

I'm inclined to think that any unit being used primarily to counter would want Def or Res boost. Unless she's having problems finishing people off despite the TA and QR, Atk+2 probably isn't going to be a big deal. Looking at Fae's stats, I'd personally go for +Def to make her more rounded.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm inclined to think that any unit being used primarily to counter would want Def or Res boost. Unless she's having problems finishing people off despite the TA and QR, Atk+2 probably isn't going to be a big deal. Looking at Fae's stats, I'd personally go for +Def to make her more rounded.

That probably best for her to tank physical unit more, that 25 points of defense is a bit on the light side.

Edited by Jingle Jangle