"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I come before you today with boon/bane questions, thanks to my final pulls on this Legendary banner.

1. Is it safe to assume that a +Spd/-Def CYL Lyn is better than a neutral one? And is there any kind of unit that might want Swift Sparrow, or should I just merge these two Lyns?

2. Which would be better for Hana: +Atk/-HP, or +Spd/-Res? I now have both as 4-stars, and with how many Hanas I've killed for LaD3, I might as well build a decent Hana as well.

3. Which would be better for sword Ike: +Atk/-Res, or +Def/-HP? And would Heavy Blade be any good for Michalis or Minerva (+HP/-Def +1)?

3 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

My second Fjorm is +Spd -Res. I might go with her default kit, should I use this or keep my neutral one?

With her default kit, I'd say +Atk/Spd, -Res is her best set. +Atk hits harder, and +Spd gives her a better chance of landing a double attack on the counterattack. -Res boosts her Ice Mirror damage at the cost of taking slightly more damage, especially in the case where opponents are doing 1-5 damage to your normally (because raising enemy damage from, say, 3 to 8 increases your Ice Mirror damage from 3 to 7 due to Shield Pulse).

@DefaultBeep 
1. You can merge them with +Spd as the new base since she gets the BST boost for more arena points. Swift Sparrow is good for units that are legitimately too frail to run LaD, such that the loss of 1 Atk and Spd is preferable to dying on the counter to relatively weak attacks, like 48 bulk or worse.
2. I put my vote in for Atk since she prefers using a Brave weapon.
3. +Atk -Res for sure. +Def -HP is similar to neutral and Ike isn't suited to taking hits from mages anyway. Michalis has base 34 and Minerva has base 31 so go from there. If you're not running Moonbow to abuse Hauteclere's Woa Dab upgrade, Heavy Blade is a good choice. Michalis might want it more since he tends to run counterkiller sets with Bonfire or Ignis, and running the former would allow for an instant proc.

Edited by MrSmokestack

On 11/30/2017 at 5:44 PM, r_n said:

I've got a 30 def/30 res Nowi (speed bane, TA, no b slot yet) and I'm not sure which lightning breath+ to get her. The +4 def, the +4 res or the +2 MT version? I was thinking the might at first, but I do like to use her to bait out ranged AI and defenses always help.

I can't guarantee the Distant Defense seal always being on her (right now its on Dorcas) for things like arena assault or tempests, if that matters any

Hope it's okay to re-ask this, since it's been a couple pages and it was towards the end of its page

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

1. You can merge them with +Spd as the new base since she gets the BST boost for more arena points. Swift Sparrow is good for units that are legitimately too frail to run LaD, such that the loss of 1 Atk and Spd is preferable to dying on the counter to relatively weak attacks, like 48 bulk or worse.
2. I put my vote in for Atk since she prefers using a Brave weapon.
3. +Atk -Res for sure. +Def -HP is similar to neutral and Ike isn't suited to taking hits from mages anyway. Michalis has base 34 and Minerva has base 31 so go from there. If you're not running Moonbow to abuse Hauteclere's Woa Dab upgrade, Heavy Blade is a good choice. Michalis might want it more since he tends to run counterkiller sets with Bonfire or Ignis, and running the former would allow for an instant proc.

1. Alright, I think I'll keep the neutral one around for now in case I think of anyone that can use it, and if I can't, then I'll just merge them.

2. Sounds good, the other one will be saved for fodder then.

3. Yeah, I figured the bane would matter a bit more than the boon. I think I may want to go with Michalis, then; Minerva's base Spd and Atk doesn't seem great for Desperation shenanigans, so keeping LaD3 on her might be the better option. Thanks!

@r_n I would go with a Mt upgrade to increase counter damage, since a refined Lightning Breath calculates damage using the lower of the enemy’s defensive stats. Since your Nowi is using TA, she’s likely only baiting units she has a color advantage against; the risk of taking too much damage is a bit low, especially on the physical side, unless you’re baiting a Falchion.

My second choice would be increasing Def.

EDIT: If you’re still looking for a B, Swordbreaker, Bowbreaker, and Quick Riposte are good choices. The last of them is preferred though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Oh yeah, a few more boon/bane-related questions that I forgot to mention:

1. I got my very first Kagero, who's +HP/-Spd. Is she at all usable or salvageable with the right skills?

2. I got a +Res/-Def Rebecca as well (who can thankfully replace my previous +Def/-Atk Rebecca). Would be she possibly decent with a mage counter role? I was thinking of maybe giving her a Guard Bow, Distant Defense/Res+3 (budget), and Quick Riposte or a -breaker.

Hmm... which Slaying Axe+ should I use for my Amelia? She's +Atk/-HP and is in my Armor Emblem team (w/ ToD Henry, Black Knight, and Effie). Trying to choose from the Spd, Def, and Res upgrades.

Amelia build:

Slaying Axe+ (insert version here)

Swap

Ignis/Aether

Distant Counter

Quick Riposte 3

Armor March 3

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

@r_n I would go with a Mt upgrade to increase counter damage, since a refined Lightning Breath calculates damage using the lower of the enemy’s defensive stats. Since your Nowi is using TA, she’s likely only baiting units she has a color advantage against; the risk of taking too much damage is a bit low, especially on the physical side, unless you’re baiting a Falchion.

My second choice would be increasing Def.

EDIT: If you’re still looking for a B, Swordbreaker, Bowbreaker, and Quick Riposte are good choices. The last of them is preferred though.

Yeah if I use bait, it's usually to bring over a red mage or sword (i have an extra abel i've been waiting on, so she'll probably get sword breaker soon, if only as a splash option), but i got to thinking about the defensive ones just cuz she can be kind of slow and sometimes I need her to tank some blues or the occasional colorless.

There seems to be more physical threats than res ones (can't do much against blade tomes or rein, honestly) so I guess it comes down to what matters more: 2 extra might or 4 extra def (for stronger swords, daggers, bows). I'm not sure of any calcs involved though.

God I am going to waffle on this so long I'll never refine anything. The curse of too much choice

44 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

1. I got my very first Kagero, who's +HP/-Spd. Is she at all usable or salvageable with the right skills?

She is definitely usable in Arena Assault, but her -Spd hurts her a bit in my opinion. She can knock out most if not all nuking mage infantry in one hit, so Speed is not as important against them. However, Kagero needs to double in order to take out bulkier infantry units like Tiki and Leon.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

2. I got a +Res/-Def Rebecca as well (who can thankfully replace my previous +Def/-Atk Rebecca). Would be she possibly decent with a mage counter role? I was thinking of maybe giving her a Guard Bow, Distant Defense/Res+3 (budget), and Quick Riposte or a -breaker.

She should be fine as long as it is not against buffed Blade mages. I would go with Quick Riposte.

16 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... which Slaying Axe+ should I use for my Amelia? She's +Atk/-HP and is in my Armor Emblem team (w/ ToD Henry, Black Knight, and Effie). Trying to choose from the Spd, Def, and Res upgrades.

Amelia build:

Slaying Axe+ (insert version here)

Swap

Ignis/Aether

Distant Counter

Quick Riposte 3

Armor March 3

I would go with Attack Refinement for the most kills.

I would also switch the Special to Bonfire. Amelia's kill count drops like a rock with Ignis/Aether since she would not be able to activate her Special half the time.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh yeah, a few more boon/bane-related questions that I forgot to mention:

My sister runs a +atk, -spd Kagero so she is definitely usable but her speed is only 34 with L&D 3 if she is 4* I wouldn't bother until you get either +Spd or +Atk, if she is 5* give her a speed boosting ally and she might be right 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is definitely usable in Arena Assault, but her -Spd hurts her a bit in my opinion. She can knock out most if not all nuking mage infantry in one hit, so Speed is not as important against them. However, Kagero needs to double in order to take out bulkier infantry units like Tiki and Leon.

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

My sister runs a +atk, -spd Kagero so she is definitely usable but her speed is only 34 with L&D 3 if she is 4* I wouldn't bother until you get either +Spd or +Atk, if she is 5* give her a speed boosting ally and she might be right 

Alright, thanks. I'll keep her around for now, but I won't promote her or anything until I potentially get her with a better boon/bane. At least she's not completely unusable though.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

She should be fine as long as it is not against buffed Blade mages. I would go with Quick Riposte.

Cool, I may start working on her soon then. If I get a decent Faye in the next banner, then I'll probably just build her instead since she has higher base Atk and defensive stats, but it's good to know that Rebecca can work fine as well.

So what should I be looking at for my DC Titania? Ideal nature, plus some backup (of my two Titanias, I have +Spd/-Def and +Def/-Res- I can tell the former is better, but I'd like to know whether I can do better than that)? 4*+10 or 5*? Relevant skills?

4 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

So what should I be looking at for my DC Titania? Ideal nature, plus some backup (of my two Titanias, I have +Spd/-Def and +Def/-Res- I can tell the former is better, but I'd like to know whether I can do better than that)? 4*+10 or 5*? Relevant skills?

Titania +Res -Def
Emerald Axe, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

4*+10 is cheaper in my opinion if you have a lot of 4* copies. If you have 5 or more 5* copies, then I would go for 5*+4 or higher instead.

In my opinion, +Res is more important than +Spd since being doubled is not a big issue if you take little to no damage.

Edited by XRay

...On a slightly different note, I want to eventually merge my Lukas out of his current, -Def nature and into some other nature. I probably have a good Lukas in my collection for the job. Can I forge his Slaying Lance+ now and merge safely?

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

...On a slightly different note, I want to eventually merge my Lukas out of his current, -Def nature and into some other nature. I probably have a good Lukas in my collection for the job. Can I forge his Slaying Lance+ now and merge safely?

Merging transfers all skills, so it is safe. You cannot unlearn a skill through merging.

Is the Bladetome+Vantage trap Spring Camilla a real thing? Because I do have a Takumi and a Gordin lying around to burn and it does put up very nice numbers in the simulator.....

Are wrathful + dazzling or wrathful + live to serve any good? Or should I just opt to use something else for a B slot?

Also what’s the best upgrade to a slaying edge+ for a res+ hp- Saber? I’m guessing it’d probably be speed but having him at 29 res sounds good too

Here's another episode of the usual Ice Dragon Is Indecisive.

I finally have enough copies of Bride Cordelia to make a +10, but I don't know what build I want to use.

I have

• +Atk, -HP
  • +Spd, -Def
  • +Spd, -Res

+Atk is obviously the best for Brave Bow+, and +Spd is obviously the best for Firesweep Bow+, and I'm not sure which one I actually want to go with. The build is likely going to end up being

Firesweep Bow+/Brave Bow+
Reposition
Luna
Life and Death 3
Cancel Affinity 3
Hone/Drive Something 3/2
Speed +3/Attack +3

I'm currently leaning towards Firesweep Bow+ because of the sheer prevalence of Distant Counter at the top of Arena Assault, but Brave Bow+ is obviously far more effective offensively for general use.

28 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Are wrathful + dazzling or wrathful + live to serve any good? Or should I just opt to use something else for a B slot?

Depends on what the unit is intended to do.

Wrathful Staff + Dazzling Staff is the best choice for an offensive build meant to actually kill things.

Dazzling Staff + Live to Serve or Dazzling Staff + Wings of Mercy works better on a support build that focuses on healing and debuffing.