"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@M.T. Cicero No problem. I'd also recommend checking out Ice Dragon's stats thread on this board. That calculator is nice, but there are still some oddities floating around.

4 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

Is this team considered decent?

Julia, Sanaki , Azura , Effie.

Looks ok to me.

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm curious, between +Atk -Spd and +Spd -Res, which nature is the least detrimental for Felicia?

Personally, I'd say +Spd -Res is the best. While tanking mages is kinda her job and +ATK is good, the difference between +SPD and -SPD is just too big. 

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Personally, I'd say +Spd -Res is the best. While tanking mages is kinda her job and +ATK is good, the difference between +SPD and -SPD is just too big. 

Thanks. That's what I thought as well. (but the sad thing is that the +atk one is 5* while the +spd is 4*. I guess I could promote the 4* and merge the 5*...)

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Thanks. That's what I thought as well. (but the sad thing is that the +atk one is 5* while the +spd is 4*. I guess I could promote the 4* and merge the 5*...)

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Personally, I would level the 5* then. Is she one of your favorite units that you want to use? If not, it might be a good idea to save the feathers, there are much better characters around. That said, if you really like her, merging the two would not be a bad choice after promoting =).

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I would say that -Res is pretty terrible as Felicia unlike other units actually depends upon her special (and in conjunction, her Res) to actually do a good amount of damage. Her ATK is pretty terrible normally anyhow. You might want to grab a Hero Battle Felicia, which as far I know are all neutral stats and train her up if you are thinking about using her.

1 minute ago, Chelone said:

Got a +HP/-SPD Lucina, how bad is it doc? (still really happy, my only other good red unit was Roy)

pretty shitty lul but hey you got her and with inherit skill hopefully you can pass some decent skills to make up her bane. i have lucina +sp -res so im pretty happy about that.

5 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Got a +HP/-SPD Lucina, how bad is it doc? (still really happy, my only other good red unit was Roy)

I'd say apart from +RES and maybe +DEF, +HP -SPD is the worst IV to have. Still, I can tell you with a -SPD Lucina myself (+ATK though) that she's still really good. 33 SPD with defiant SPD is nothing to sneeze at. with ~50 ATK and Falchion, she'll still wreck quite some faces.

55 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Personally, I would level the 5* then. Is she one of your favorite units that you want to use? If not, it might be a good idea to save the feathers, there are much better characters around. That said, if you really like her, merging the two would not be a bad choice after promoting =).

I was thinking of trying that. Leveling up the 5* to see how she performs despite the 6 Spd deficit. 34 is worse than 40, but it's not terrible when I have a Lyn and Eirika to help patch it. Thanks again for the advice.

53 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

I would say that -Res is pretty terrible as Felicia unlike other units actually depends upon her special (and in conjunction, her Res) to actually do a good amount of damage. Her ATK is pretty terrible normally anyhow. You might want to grab a Hero Battle Felicia, which as far I know are all neutral stats and train her up if you are thinking about using her.

I wasn't insisting on using Felicia, it's just that I had 4* and 5* ones and was wondering how to make the most of them. But thanks for the advice. Like I said above, I'll give the 5* a shot.

2 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

Is this team considered decent?

Julia, Sanaki , Azura , Effie.

If you could find a red Sword instead of a red Tome, that's high quality (Lucina/Chrom/Eldigan/Eirika), I'd say you'd be in a better place. Sanaki there makes the team decent IMO.

10 hours ago, Joesr79 said:

So did I mess up?  I thought the plus 1, etc etc meant stat improvements. Like bonus for after 40?  But according to the faqs it is only for making unlocking potential cheaper on the feather?  Dang so having a lvl 40 gold Tiki with plus one is a waste?  Fml

Each + gives +1 to two different stats.  I'm not sure if it's predetermined or random, though.

10 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

How's a Chrom with -HP/+Def?

I think it's pretty good, means he'll have a little less health but makes up for it with more defense.

They pretty much cancel each other out.  As low as you're not -Atk or -Spd on most units, you're pretty good.

9 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

I think it's pretty good, means he'll have a little less health but makes up for it with more defense.

It's good, but not the best. +ATK/+SPD are the most valuable on most units (though not all), but -HP +DEF is probably better than most other non-+ATK/+SPD IV's.

In my recent Pulls, I managed to get a couple 4* Male Robins.  One is -Def,+res and one is -HP,+Atk.  I'm thinking the +Atk one is better, but I don't know if I should bother merging them, use the other, or hold onto him for Skills.  I managed to replace my old Robin, who was actually -Atk, so I've got that going.  Any insights from anybody?

So I managed to get some decent pulls over the last month, got Reinhardt and Lucina in the same session. -HP/+ATK for Reinhardt

So current team is a -ATK/+RES Lucina, +HP/-SPD Camilla, -SPD/+RES Nowi, and a +SPD/-RES Serra. All 4* except for Lucina.

And this is my current collection of units:

I'm wondering what to train next or if I can get some critique on my team.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Each + gives +1 to two different stats.  I'm not sure if it's predetermined or random, though.

Each merging gives two random stats spread evenly, by five mergings you have +2 to everything, by ten +4 to everything.

3 hours ago, Big Smoke said:

Since Chrom is slow, DEF(and RES) matters much more than HP since he is normally doubled. So, that Boon & Bane is extremely valuable and is the best choice for a "Physical Tank Chrom".

I know everyone loves to run glass cannons with either a +SPD or +ATT Boon, but sometimes having a solid tank is nice too. Also, it may mess up people's calculations when running with a more defensive character.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

In my recent Pulls, I managed to get a couple 4* Male Robins.  One is -Def,+res and one is -HP,+Atk.  I'm thinking the +Atk one is better, but I don't know if I should bother merging them, use the other, or hold onto him for Skills.  I managed to replace my old Robin, who was actually -Atk, so I've got that going.  Any insights from anybody?

I personally prefer the +ATT, -HP Robin, but keep in mind that Robin suffers -4 HP instead of the usual -3.

My personal "min-max" Robin would be either +ATT, -RES or +SPD, -RES. The reason I say +SPD is due to M!Robin's Defiant SPD. When active, it will transform a +SPD Robin into a character with from 32 SPD to 39 SPD, on par with a Neutral Linde or Fir.

Agreed with @Sire. Iif you have somebody with Seal Atk, Chrom would be boasting 48 Def at 50% HP (41 base). Literally only Blues and Mage types can dent him at 50% hp. One thing, Chrom's Res is really really low even with +, so I don't see the point of +Res being beneficial for him right now.

Edited by pianime94

18 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It's both, you didn't mess up.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Each merging gives two random stats spread evenly, by five mergings you have +2 to everything, by ten +4 to everything.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Whooooo. Thanks everyone. That is a big relief

2 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

How well would a +Def -Res Abel fare?

I don't think the -Res would hurt him too much, my Abel is -Res and wrecks face.

I have a +Atk/-Spd 4* Nino, should I promote her? I adore her and I'm out of free orbs so I unfortunately can't pull her banner to try for a 5* with a better bane.

Also, for M!Robin, would +Atk/-HP, +Def/-HP, or +HP/-Atk be ideal? (Excluding my 2 -SPD Robins from this, I know -SPD is pretty sad on him)

Help I'm swimming in Robins