"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

He doesn’t shout “I’LL DO MY BEST!!11” all the time, and thus is completely superior.

Nino has this convenience of never speaking English when you have your language set to Japanese.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

-Def is preferred in this case, the number one reason being that the native DC swords (Ike, other Ike, Ryoma, BK and Xander) are all defense-oriented so this would let Roy fill a different niche. Besides, his res is higher than his def already so you might as well enhance his strengths rather than try to cover his weaknesses.

Hm ok but i heard that HP would be a better bane becuase him having a decent def would be good. 

3 minutes ago, PB&J said:

Hm ok but i heard that HP would be a better bane becuase him having a decent def would be good.

It might be in some situations but the point is rather moot if you don't actually have one. I mean, I've played FEH since launch and I've never pulled an +atk or +spd Roy, ever. If you ever get a -HP version down the line and decide you like him better, it's a simple case of merging your older -Def one into it anyway.

quick question here.

I'm planning out the 5* promotions a little in advance. I'm thinking of using them on a few GHB heroes since they're the ones that need it the most to get the full benefit it seems. (Already got reinhardt to 5* anyways)

So far this is what it looks like in order

Xander-Top priority for DC

Michalis-Idk, I've got Camilla/Cherche running around as axe fliers for now, but how does his prf change things?

or

Valter- Cursed Spear and favoritism.

Arvis-Idk, but his prf+def ploy sounds good

Titania-Emerald Axe+ and Favoritism

Klein- I got a +spd/-hp one. 

Kagero-I like her design

Nino (Idk, maybe? Her nature's neutral and she pops up in summons as a 3* from time to time, sooooo)

Peri/Frederick/Oscar/Clarine-Horse emblem. They've all got good natures.

I really like Valter and was considering running a high move team of Valter/NY!Azura/Xander/Brave Lyn for fun. Maybe a more conventional flier team of Valter/Cherche/Palla/NY!Azura would work better? I don't have alot of fe8 units. Aside from the two sword TT units,  it's just Seth and Lyon sitting in the corner waiting to get used sometime.

Cursed Spear just seems so fun tho. 

Edited by Czarpy

15 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Michalis-Idk, I've got Camilla/Cherche running around as axe fliers for now, but how does his prf change things?

Depends on his build. If you are using him for Enemy Phase, then he will need special Refinement. If you are using him as Player Phase unit, he will need Speed Refinement for a regular Player Phase build [Hauteclere [Spd], Luna, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Speed +3, Hone Flier buffs] or special Refinement if you want to use Desperation-Brash Assault [Hauteclere [special], Moonbow, Death Blow/Fury, Desperation, Brash Assault]. Desperation-Brash Assault is slower/more risky to set up, but has a much better performance than the regular Player Phase build once Desperation-Brash Assault is active and it is less dependent on buffs.

29 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Nino (Idk, maybe? Her nature's neutral and she pops up in summons as a 3* from time to time, sooooo)

I would wait until you get a [+Atk/Spd -HP/Def/Res].

Just looking for an opinion or two on neutral Ephraim vs +spd/-hp Ephraim. 

Kinda leaning towards neutral, laziness has kept me from merging the old one into the neutral one, even though I've barely invested any work into him.

So I guess I just want to know if there's anything worthwhile Ephraim can do with a spd boon before I merge him into the neutral one. 

2 hours ago, Cornguy said:

Just looking for an opinion or two on neutral Ephraim vs +spd/-hp Ephraim. 

Kinda leaning towards neutral, laziness has kept me from merging the old one into the neutral one, even though I've barely invested any work into him.

So I guess I just want to know if there's anything worthwhile Ephraim can do with a spd boon before I merge him into the neutral one. 

+Spd can work with Windsweep but he need more Spd stack from Brave Lucina to be good. But if you want thing to be flexible (and don't want to stick with Spd stacker all time) then neutral IV is way to go. Ephraim is not that fast with +Spd anyways it just help him prevent more double.

Once again I'm close to getting 20,000 Feathers and trying to figure out what to do with them.  Here are my options:

1. Work towards a Brave Axe build for my Frederick by promoting either my Camilla or my Hawkeye to 5-Star and giving Frederick a Brave Axe+/Death Blow 3.  Would Darting Blow 3 be a good alternative, since he's +Spd and also going to run Threaten Spd 3 with it, or should he stick with Death Blow like I'm thinking of doing?
  2. Promoting my neutral Felicia to 5-Star after training her some more.

Which of these do you think would be better?

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Once again I'm close to getting 20,000 Feathers and trying to figure out what to do with them.  Here are my options:

1. Work towards a Brave Axe build for my Frederick by promoting either my Camilla or my Hawkeye to 5-Star and giving Frederick a Brave Axe+/Death Blow 3.  Would Darting Blow 3 be a good alternative, since he's +Spd and also going to run Threaten Spd 3 with it, or should he stick with Death Blow like I'm thinking of doing?
  2. Promoting my neutral Felicia to 5-Star after training her some more.

Which of these do you think would be better?

1.+spd Fred is not good even with Threaten Speed won't help anything better. Look for +atk boon for 2HKO Brave axe build or +def boon for Slaying axe tank build.

2. Felicia is amazing choice if you are having a hard time dealing with mages.

3.or maybe promote anyone else who is your project to +10 in the future ( or increase score) if you feel like you are doing fine with everything you have now.

6 minutes ago, Ginko said:

1.+spd Fred is not good even with Threaten Speed won't help anything better. Look for +atk boon for 2HKO Brave axe build or +def boon for Slaying axe tank build.

2. Felicia is amazing choice if you are having a hard time dealing with mages.

Ugh.  Screw me.  I guess that was 20,000 Feathers wasted on Freddy boy.  Looks like it's Felicia's lucky day!

I seem to have the worst luck with IV's when it comes to summoning.  Why are so many of the units I want to pull +HP, for instance?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oh?  In that case, how can I salvage him?

He turned him into a Minerva on a horse, as far as I remember. Here’s to hoping he notices the ping and explains more because I wasn’t quite involved with the project.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He turned him into a Minerva on a horse, as far as I remember. Here’s to hoping he notices the ping and explains more because I wasn’t quite involved with the project.

At any rate, I found Anacybele's Frederick analysis, which gives me a few ideas for fixing him.

48 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

+Spd Frederick isn’t a waste at all, as @Frosty can prove.

47 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oh?  In that case, how can I salvage him?

Keep in mind that investing the same Player Phase set onto a faster axe unit will produce much better results, so investing in a +Spd Frederick is not an efficient use of resources. Frederick [+Spd, Slaying Axe] will also become dependent on Hone Cavalry to have decent performance, while Frederick [+Atk, Brave Axe] can operate more independently due to his better performance.

Frederick +Spd, -Res
Slaying Axe [Spd], Luna
Life and Death
Speed +3
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase 76:12:131
Player Phase [Hone Cavalry buffs] 168:9:42

Frederick +Atk, -Res
Brave Axe, Moonbow
Death Blow
Attack +3
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase 135:44:40
Player Phase [Hone Cavalry buffs] 164:32:23
Player Phase [Quickened Pulse] 146:41:32
Player Phase [Quickened Pulse, Hone Cavalry buffs] 176:27:16

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

oh hey I was wondering if Nowi/F Corrin want lancebreaker.

They generally want Quick Riposte on the B slot so they can run Distant Def or Close Def on the Sacred Seal slot. If you are using F!Corrin as a Player Phase unit, then she will need Desperation on her B slot and probably Attack +3/Speed +3 as her Sacred Seal.

12 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Michalis is basically a flying neutral Frederick (literally all of Michalis's extra stats went to Res).

Hauteclere's unique refine allows him to run Moonbow, Glimmer, or Noontime as his special and have it activate on both counterattacks if the opponent attacks twice.

3 hours ago, Czarpy said:

oh hey I was wondering if Nowi/F Corrin want lancebreaker.

If you insist on a Weaponbreaker skill, Swordbreaker is preferred because Falchions are a thing.

I went ahead and promoted Xander to get that DC weapon and because he was the best option for a red cavalry dude. Either valter or michalis is next.

Is a +Spd -hp cherche any good? I'm just gonna save her for merges.

I have a +Spd - def Klein I've been using. A neutral Klein just popped up. Which ones better? Lots of dudes want that qr or death blow.

Raising f Robin. Gave her ignis. 

41 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I went ahead and promoted Xander to get that DC weapon and because he was the best option for a red cavalry dude. Either valter or michalis is next.

Is a +Spd -hp cherche any good? I'm just gonna save her for merges.

I have a +Spd - def Klein I've been using. A neutral Klein just popped up. Which ones better? Lots of dudes want that qr or death blow.

Raising f Robin. Gave her ignis. 

Cherche is pretty slow. She should go with +Atk and Brave Axe set. You can give her a +Spd Slaying Axe set, but there are far better candidates for that.

I would go with +Spd Klein. He has a higher chance of quad attacking really slow units.

For F!Robin, Glimmer is usually her best Special as she does stupid amount of damage against her primary targets with Gronnraven/Gronnwolf. Ignis is fine too if you want to be cheap, but she might not activate it in time against bulkier enemies.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Cherche is pretty slow. She should go with +Atk and Brave Axe set. You can give her a +Spd Slaying Axe set, but there are far better candidates for that.

I would go with +Spd Klein. He has a higher chance of quad attacking really slow units.

For F!Robin, Glimmer is usually her best Special as she does stupid amount of damage against her primary targets with Gronnraven/Gronnwolf. Ignis is fine too if you want to be cheap, but she might not activate it in time against bulkier enemies.

thanks!

Hmn I kinda want to use NY!Corrin as a buffer. How cheaply can I do this?

I'm thinking of raising Arvis as a medic with one of the aid skills inherited onto him and a 5* promotion. I kinda want to run him since he's pretty cool.

My Nephenee's +att/-def. I dropped a +spd refinery on her slaying lance. I've got one spare nephenee so I can pass wrath to someone else. Idk if LA!Hector can use it, or if anyone else goes well with that skill.

Or I could just merge my waifu

52 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Hmn I kinda want to use NY!Corrin as a buffer. How cheaply can I do this?

Drive Spd 2 is available from 4-star Tailtiu, and Drive Def 2 is available from 5-star Roderick and as a Sacred Seal if you're looking for Drive-type buffs to stack with Hama Ya.

Hone and Fortify skills are all common to find on 3-star and 4-star characters, are all available at level 3 on at least one 4-star character, and are all available as Sacred Seals.

Res Tactic is the only Tactic skill currently available from a 4-star pull, but requires L'Arachel to be promoted to 5-star rarity to unlock Res Tactic 3.

56 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm thinking of raising Arvis as a medic with one of the aid skills inherited onto him and a 5* promotion. I kinda want to run him since he's pretty cool.

His maximum HP is rather low, making it difficult to do much with Reciprocal Aid unless you stack skills that add HP. Ardent Sacrifice typically heals too slowly to be of much use.

57 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

My Nephenee's +att/-def. I dropped a +spd refinery on her slaying lance. I've got one spare nephenee so I can pass wrath to someone else. Idk if LA!Hector can use it, or if anyone else goes well with that skill.

Regular Lyn and Valentine Hector have some of the best arguments for Wrath (Lyn has two other skills that activate under 75% health with Sol Katti [unique], and Hector can stack Wrath with his weapon's innate Wrath 3), but it's good on a lot of characters. It does also stack with Wo Dao.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Drive Spd 2 is available from 4-star Tailtiu, and Drive Def 2 is available from 5-star Roderick and as a Sacred Seal if you're looking for Drive-type buffs to stack with Hama Ya.

Hone and Fortify skills are all common to find on 3-star and 4-star characters, are all available at level 3 on at least one 4-star character, and are all available as Sacred Seals.

Res Tactic is the only Tactic skill currently available from a 4-star pull, but requires L'Arachel to be promoted to 5-star rarity to unlock Res Tactic 3.

His maximum HP is rather low, making it difficult to do much with Reciprocal Aid unless you stack skills that add HP. Ardent Sacrifice typically heals too slowly to be of much use.

Regular Lyn and Valentine Hector have some of the best arguments for Wrath (Lyn has two other skills that activate under 75% health with Sol Katti [unique], and Hector can stack Wrath with his weapon's innate Wrath 3), but it's good on a lot of characters. It does also stack with Wo Dao.

LA!Hector with wrath sounds so stupidly OP but mine's a +att/-res.

Oh fuckit, why not. He should be fun.

What's the deal with Lyon. His stats make him look like Sophia.

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

LA!Hector with wrath sounds so stupidly OP but mine's a +att/-res.

I'm not seeing how that nature is bad at all. The only stat he needs is Atk.

Valentine Hector (Berserk Armads, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Wrath 3, Quickened Pulse) has a 1-charge Bonfire at the start of the first turn, meaning all he needs to do is take a single hit that drops him below 75% HP and one-hit kill with the Bonfire counterattack. After that, Berserk Armads and Wrath 3 will fully charge Bonfire at the start of every turn.

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

What's the deal with Lyon. His stats make him look like Sophia.

Actually, he's literally just Sophia [+Atk, -Spd] with 5 more Spd.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:53 PM, WyvernQueen said:

So I saw a build for Felicia that used Life and Death and the Fortress Res seal and I'm debated whether or not it's better than giving her fury (mine is neutral since I promoted her before her new weapon was released and that was the best one I had). It's basically +2 atk, +5 speed, - 5 defense, and no fury damage vs +3 to everything and an open sacred seal spot. What do you guys think about this?

I didn't get an answer to this so I'd like to try again, if that's ok. Does Felicia prefer more atk or more speed with her plate?