"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I've got my first Takumi  and of course its a -attack one. I don't think such a bad bane will do me much good so I am considering passing on his close counter ability.

However looking through my list I don't see many units that can make good use of it. Many of my mages are either pretty frail or their low speed hinders their ok bulk.

I think I have narrowed down my choices to either Boey because of his amazing defense or Merric for his decently high speed of 35, a good amount of hp and maybe a quicker charge for dark Excalibur. However I like some advice on what to do with the close counter skill since the 40 attack of both mages make me worry about the effectiveness of close counter.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

how bad of an idea is it to try and attempting to make a 5* A!Tiki with +10 merges?

It is expensive, but it should be fine. I guess it ultimately depends on how much you are willing to spend Orbs to get Y!Tikis, and if you are not willing to get her, then getting A!Tiki to higher merges and giving her expensive skills might be a more realistic option.

I personally prefer to prioritize lolis and newer dragons first since they got a BST boost.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Adult Tiki does make better use of Steady Breath, with higher defense and lower speed is arguably helpful here. Nowi's default A-skill is decent enough as well. But if you would want to use Young Tiki in the long term it's a moot point.

I personally prefer the lolis and newer dragons because they give you a better score and it is a better long term investment if you are willing to pull for them, so I am a little hesitant on recommending giving expensive skills to A!Tiki when Y!Tiki exists.

Defense +3 is not bad for Arena Assault, but I think Nowi deserves better. At the very minimum, she at least deserves Fury in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is expensive, but it should be fine. I guess it ultimately depends on how much you are willing to spend Orbs to get Y!Tikis, and if you are not willing to get her, then getting A!Tiki to higher merges and giving her expensive skills might be a more realistic option.

I personally prefer to prioritize lolis and newer dragons first since they got a BST boost.

I personally prefer the lolis and newer dragons because they give you a better score and it is a better long term investment if you are willing to pull for them, so I am a little hesitant on recommending giving expensive skills to A!Tiki when Y!Tiki exists.

Defense +3 is not bad for Arena Assault, but I think Nowi deserves better. At the very minimum, she at least deserves Fury in my opinion.

Nowi/Fae/Adult Tiki should work for now. I'm hoping to get a half decent Grima sometime, so I was wondering what's a good build for Fae that's not too expensive. As for adult Tiki, I'd like to give her a build that lets me use her long-term for fun since I like her design and want a good red infantry unit that isn't Joshua/Tharja.

I am willing to use orbs to get Y!Tiki sometime, but I've got a serviceablly good A!Tiki with the perfect nature according to what I've heard. Of all the dragons, I'd probably hope for a ninian focus banner to come again. 

Is a ruby sword+ build the best Palla build? I've got a +att Palla that's sitting around.

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

I've got my first Takumi  and of course its a -attack one. I don't think such a bad bane will do me much good so I am considering passing on his close counter ability.

However looking through my list I don't see many units that can make good use of it. Many of my mages are either pretty frail or their low speed hinders their ok bulk.

I think I have narrowed down my choices to either Boey because of his amazing defense or Merric for his decently high speed of 35, a good amount of hp and maybe a quicker charge for dark Excalibur. However I like some advice on what to do with the close counter skill since the 40 attack of both mages make me worry about the effectiveness of close counter.

Blade-Close Counter-Vantage meme! I have never used it before, but it looks pretty fun when I saw it in action on YouTube. It is a pretty niche build though as Panic and Ploys are pretty common and can easily ruin the build. LA!Lilina has the highest Attack out of all the mage cavalry so you can try it on her if you want.

Anyways, what boon does Takumi have? If it is +Spd, it is somewhat salvageable and you can run him as if he were Setsuna or something with an exclusive Weapon.

I personally would not run Close Counter except on armor mages since they have the Attack and bulk to back it up. Ranged units already have a low BST so they need their A slot stat boosts to patch up their bulk; giving non armor mages Close Counter just turns them into a far inferior version of Distant Counter axe units in my opinion.

Boey is sort of okay, but I think a Gronnraven build is far more useful than Close Counter. Merric's Attack is abysmal, so he needs his A slot to deal damage, and if he runs Close Counter, he is mostly going to just give enemies free cool down charges and activate Vantage and Desperation for them. I guess you can use him as an anti lance flier, but then you might as well just use an axe unit that is cheaper.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

Is a ruby sword+ build the best Palla build? I've got a +att Palla that's sitting around.

Technically, Wo Dao and Slaying Edge is better, but Elincia and HNY!Camilla are far better candidates for those builds with their superior offensive stats. Palla's stats are too balanced, so she is not going to give you the most bang for your buck. I would wait until they release a non seasonal red flier that has better offensive stats but without an exclusive Weapon and invest more expensive Weapons into that unit instead.

Palla's Ruby Sword compliments her balanced stats really well, and she can shut down green units with [Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Attack +3/Fury/Distant Counter, G Tomebreaker, Quick Riposte]. It is not her best build, but she is the best unit to fulfill that niche, if that makes sense.

Edited by XRay

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Blade-Close Counter-Vantage meme! I have never used it before, but it looks pretty fun when I saw it in action on YouTube. It is a pretty niche build though as Panic and Ploys are pretty common and can easily ruin the build. LA!Lilina has the highest Attack out of all the mage cavalry so you can try it on her if you want.

Anyways, what boon does Takumi have? If it is +Spd, it is somewhat salvageable and you can run him as if he were Setsuna or something with an exclusive Weapon.

I personally would not run Close Counter except on armor mages since they have the Attack and bulk to back it up. Ranged units already have a low BST so they need their A slot stat boosts to patch up their bulk; giving non armor mages Close Counter just turns them into a far inferior version of Distant Counter axe units in my opinion.

Boey is sort of okay, but I think a Gronnraven build is far more useful than Close Counter. Merric's Attack is abysmal, so he needs his A slot to deal damage, and if he runs Close Counter, he is mostly going to just give enemies free cool down charges and activate Vantage and Desperation for them. I guess you can use him as an anti lance flier, but then you might as well just use an axe unit that is cheaper.

Technically, Wo Dao and Slaying Edge is better, but Elincia and HNY!Camilla are far better candidates for those builds with their superior offensive stats. Palla's stats are too balanced, so she is not going to give you the most bang for your buck. I would wait until they release a non seasonal red flier that has better offensive stats but without an exclusive Weapon and invest more expensive Weapons into that unit instead.

Palla's Ruby Sword compliments her balanced stats really well, and she can shut down green units with [Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Attack +3/Fury/Distant Counter, G Tomebreaker, Quick Riposte]. It is not her best build, but she is the best unit to fulfill that niche, if that makes sense.

well I kinda need a red flier for my flying team and didn't get elincia, ny camilla, or any other one. It's just palla for me.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Czarpy

I'd suggest (Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, Fury 3 / Attack +3, Axebreaker 3). G Tomebreaker isn't really necessary because very few green tome users have both the physical bulk and Spd to survive Palla to begin with, especially considering that Palla should be attacking with Goad Fliers or Hone Fliers buffs.

Axebreaker has the convenience of negating pesky things like Bold Fighter and Wary Fighter on axe armors and gives Palla a guaranteed double attack against Brave Ike, who can negate Hone Fliers if he's running Beorc's Blessing and is otherwise fast enough to prevent a double attack if not -Spd or sufficiently merged.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Czarpy

I'd suggest (Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, Fury 3 / Attack +3, Axebreaker 3). G Tomebreaker isn't really necessary because very few green tome users have both the physical bulk and Spd to survive Palla to begin with, especially considering that Palla should be attacking with Goad Fliers or Hone Fliers buffs.

Axebreaker has the convenience of negating pesky things like Bold Fighter and Wary Fighter on axe armors and gives Palla a guaranteed double attack against Brave Ike, who can negate Hone Fliers if he's running Beorc's Blessing and is otherwise fast enough to prevent a double attack if not -Spd or sufficiently merged.

gonna have to wait for another axebreaker fodder I guess. I'm thinking of just slapping moonbow/attack+3/axebreaker/flyer buff onto her and calling it a day.

I just need her to fill a slot until I get another red flier.

gave Lilina the +spd green gift refinement. Since I don't have a spare blade/raven/owl tome for her and don't have a +spd nature. She hits 32 spd at the moment with the possibility to hit higher. 

Hana's fun enough to use with brave lucina. I'm thinking of tossing nino and klein in there for a glass cannon-ish team.

I want to finally build a flier team for myself. Already got a +Spd -Def Hinoka all set up for it. As for the other members, I was thinking Cherche, but I've got three who have an interesting IV spred. The first one is +Spd -Res. I know Cherche's speed is never gonna be high, but it might help her avoid doubles and the bane is ideal. The other ones are +Atk -Def and +Def -HP. I wanted Cherche to be more of a tank, but that +Atk is difficult to pass up on..

As for red units, I have a +Hp -Spd H!Nowi as my only flying caster option. I suppose flier buffs will help mitigate the speed problem, but I would like to know what skills I should give.

The last unit would be a red sword, but I am undecided between Elincia and Caeda. My only Elincia is +Def -Atk, so I'm not sure whether to still use her or just get Caeda as a proper res tank (have one that is +Res -Def and a +Atk -Hp. The latter would just make her a wannabe Elincia though)..

Thoughts? 

52 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I want to finally build a flier team for myself. Already got a +Spd -Def Hinoka all set up for it. As for the other members, I was thinking Cherche, but I've got three who have an interesting IV spred. The first one is +Spd -Res. I know Cherche's speed is never gonna be high, but it might help her avoid doubles and the bane is ideal. The other ones are +Atk -Def and +Def -HP. I wanted Cherche to be more of a tank, but that +Atk is difficult to pass up on..

As for red units, I have a +Hp -Spd H!Nowi as my only flying caster option. I suppose flier buffs will help mitigate the speed problem, but I would like to know what skills I should give.

The last unit would be a red sword, but I am undecided between Elincia and Caeda. My only Elincia is +Def -Atk, so I'm not sure whether to still use her or just get Caeda as a proper res tank (have one that is +Res -Def and a +Atk -Hp. The latter would just make her a wannabe Elincia though)..

Thoughts? 

You can Speed stack Cherche if you want to use her like Raven and Minerva, but I think that is not an efficient use of resources in my opinion since it is better to enhance a unit's strength rather than trying to patch their weakness.

For Cherche, I would go with +Atk for a Brave Axe build since that is where her niche lies. She is pretty much a green flying Effie. You can also give her an Enemy Phase build, but make sure she steers clear of ranged units, as archers can still over power her with effective damage and mages can easily take her out with her low Resistance.

For TOD!Nowi, -Spd is pretty bad, so I am not sure if you still want to invest a Blade build on her. Hone Flier helps a lot, but I would also try to run Goad Flier as well to patch that Speed up even more. I would give her Fury instead of a more expensive A skill if you are going with the Rauđrblade route. If you do not mind giving her a less glamorous role, you can try running Triangle Adept on her so she can focus on shutting down greens. Triangle Adept units do not really care about natures so that is one role that any colored unit can fulfill.

For Elincia, -Atk is a bummer, but it is more salvageable than -Spd in my opinion so I think it is fine to use her, just make sure she got buffs on before she fights. Caeda is not bad either, but she serves a different role from Elincia and which one you choose depends what your team needs more.

33 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Stupid question but... how does the voting gauntlet work? We get the winning character for free, right? Or do I need to already have the character I want to vote for on my team?

Everyone can join Voting Gauntlet or VG with no restriction. Using unit of the army will give you 10% additional bonus point after you casting your vote. Example: you can cast the vote 100 pts normally. With your bonus unit, you earn 110 pts. per round. 

After the battle of the round, you have 30 min. delay time until next vote.

The battle is 3 vs 3. 1st unit will be your own selection. 2nd unit come from your friendlist who have joined the same army as you. You will get the unit that your friend set as leader. 3rd unit will be random from anyone else in your army. If you win the battle, you can cast your vote and may request for friend if you like the 3rd unit. If you lose, you can resurrect them in this mode and try again if you really want to cast your vote. Or you can accept defeat if you don't want to retry for some reason.

Playing VG earn you many reward like feathers, orbs, upgrading stones, Sacred coins, etc. VG have 3 rounds total. The winner of each round earn additional 500 feathers + your ranking feathers. The more you play, the more feathers you can earn.

If your army lose on 1st round. You can join another army at the begining of round 2. If you lose on round 2 again you can join new army again at final round. That's the end.

Edited by Ginko

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Sadly my Takumi is not +speed either. He is a +defense one and I already have Gordin if I want to use an archer with good defense.

I don't have any of the armour mages so i'm out of luck on that one. I do have a love abound Lilina though or a Cecilia with blade tome if I want to go cheap so I might try out that meme build.

Otherwise I'll go with the ok Boey.

What is the difference between Cancel Affinity level 1 & level 2? 

I wanted to deck out Alm with level 3 skills. Since Mathilda gives Hone ATK 3, I also gave CA2 to Alm to deal with TA dragons in the future. I just don't get the difference to CA1 from the description. 

CA1-3 negate TA/Gem on the own unit. CA1 negates affinity on the enemy (even if that affinity would be an advantage for me?). CA2 negates affinity on enemy only if affinity is an disadvantage for me? CA3 reverses affinity on enemy (if disadvantage?). 

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Xenomata said:

20k feathers with more from Arena on the way, I don't really need to promote any specific unit, and I don't need to promote any Ravens or Sorens anytime soon, so...

Reveal hidden contents

Takumi (Fallen Heroes): Would probably try to abuse Skadi as best possible.

Robin F: I don't have a spare Gronnraven yet, but no reason I can't prepare in advance.

Michalis: He'd be a bulky Hauteclere wielder, but I know nothing beyond that.

Lloyd: He probably needs Distant Counter, but he would be low on the priority list if that were the case.

The following GHB units I don't really plan to use, but they're here so I can at least list them off...

Reveal hidden contents

Berkut

Valter

Ursula

Narcian

Clarisse

Oliver

Legion

Athena (+Atk -Res): No plans for her as of now.

Marisa: I don't feel pressured to use her 5* version over her 4* version, so I'd have to promote this one.

Chrom (+Atk -Res): I know there was the recent Falchion update, but I don't think he'd be my next use of Divine Dews if I did promote him.

Olivia (+Spd -HP): Still needs Fury 3 and Ruby Sword+

Hana (+Spd -HP): Not so sure about making her a Brave Sword+ user anymore, but she'd still be good for other things, like being a speedy and fragile Sword.

Lazlow (+Atk -Res): For no other reason than to have a "Xander, his two retainers, and Beruka" team, though he'd make a good Brave Sword user...

Selena (+Spd -HP): To have my current +HP -Spd merge into. I'd also let her inherit the Wo Dao+ from my current 5* Marisa.

Lukas (+Atk -Spd): no comment

Oboro (+Def -Spd): no comment

Tailtiu (+Spd -HP): She'd keep her Blarblade.

Robin M (+Spd -HP): I'd make him another TA3 Raven mage.

Sheena (+Def -Spd): She has Quick Riposte 3 already (no way to get spare Vengeful Fighters without getting crappy Grimas) and really wants Distant Counter. She also already has Bonfire and Ignis.

Titania (+Res -HP): Also wants Distant Counter.

Gordin (+Atk -Res): He'd just be a Brave Bow+ user.

Jeorge (+Atk -Res): He'd get a merge from my current +Spd -HP Jeorge, but I'd only consider this if his optimal Parthia Skill forge build gets better results from +Atk.

Klein (+Atk -HP): He'd just be a Brave Bow+ user, but with Death Blow 3 preinstalled.

Rebecca (+Spd -Res): To merge my current +Def -Res Rebecca into.

Setsuna (+Atk -Def): She already has been given not just Life and Death 3 and Luna, but also Firesweep Bow+. She's just waiting for a B skill, Draw Back, and a promotion.

Kagero (+Spd -Res): no comment

Lucius (+Spd -Def): I could give him the stuff needed for Savage Dazzling Wrath Pain.

Lissa (+Def -Atk): cause healers can be good now, so maybe Lissa can to?

Sophia (+Atk -Spd): to merge my current +Atk -HP Sophia into.

Wrys (+HP -Atk): Because even old men want to be more than Live to Serve fodder.

Azama (+Def -Atk): Because he can also be Savage Dazzling Wrath Pain, but without the Wrath.

Valentine Eliwood: Because I could merge the 5* into this one if I really wanted to.

*cough cough* I should also mention that I can promote Subaki for Quick Riposte 3 (the units I have who'd want it are Ike +Atk -HP, Ryoma +Def -HP, Black Knight, Eldigan +Spd -Atk, Xander, A!Tiki +Atk -Spd, Sophia +Atk -Def, Lyon, Sanaki perhaps +Atk -Def, Ephraim, Valentine Eliwood, WE!Robin +Spd -Res with Speed Refine Tannenboom+, Effie +Atk -Res, Camus, Hinoka +Def -Spd, Brave Ike +Atk -HP, Summer Tiki +Atk -Res, Vhector +Atk -Res, Amelia +Atk -Spd, Myrrh +Spd -HP, and Valentine Roy +HP -Spd (who is being built for Distant Defense 9)), and also one of the Subakis I have is +Def -HP which could be interesting maybe?

2 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Stupid question but... how does the voting gauntlet work? We get the winning character for free, right? Or do I need to already have the character I want to vote for on my team?

Adding to what Ginko said, the winning character, unfortunately, has never been given away free since Voting Gauntlets were introduced.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I wanted to deck out Alm with level 3 skills. Since Mathilda gives Hone ATK 3, I also gave CA2 to Alm to deal with TA dragons in the future. I just don't get the difference to CA1 from the description. 

CA1-3 negate TA/Gem on the own unit. CA1 negates affinity on the enemy (even if that affinity would be an advantage for me?). CA2 negates affinity on enemy only if affinity is an disadvantage for me? CA3 reverses affinity on enemy (if disadvantage?). 

Here is the page that describes Cancel Affinities interaction with other skills. Not sure if you looked at it already or not.

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

You can join any team you want. There are no rewards other than the quest rewards (Sacred Coins, orbs, etc.), feathers for ranking within your team, feathers for ranking overall, and feathers for your team winning a round.

If your team loses, you can choose a different team to join.

The only advantage of having the character of the team you join is the +10% point bonus for winning a match if you field that character yourself.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cancel Affinity 1 disables Triangle Adept on the opponent all the time.

Cancel Affinity 2 disables Triangle Adept on the opponent only if you are at disadvantage.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cancel Affinity 1 disables Triangle Adept on the opponent all the time.

Cancel Affinity 2 disables Triangle Adept on the opponent only if you are at disadvantage.

Thanks for the clarification, I was not sure by reading the in-game description alone. 

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

*cough cough* I should also mention that I can promote Subaki for Quick Riposte 3 (the units I have who'd want it are Ike +Atk -HP, Ryoma +Def -HP, Black Knight, Eldigan +Spd -Atk, Xander, A!Tiki +Atk -Spd, Sophia +Atk -Def, Lyon, Sanaki perhaps +Atk -Def, Ephraim, Valentine Eliwood, WE!Robin +Spd -Res with Speed Refine Tannenboom+, Effie +Atk -Res, Camus, Hinoka +Def -Spd, Brave Ike +Atk -HP, Summer Tiki +Atk -Res, Vhector +Atk -Res, Amelia +Atk -Spd, Myrrh +Spd -HP, and Valentine Roy +HP -Spd (who is being built for Distant Defense 9)), and also one of the Subakis I have is +Def -HP which could be interesting maybe?

Here is the page that describes Cancel Affinities interaction with other skills. Not sure if you looked at it already or not.

Didn't know that page, very useful thanks! 

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't like linking to that page because I swear the formatting (and wording) of the page makes everything so much more confusing than it actually is.

Cancel Affinity can be summarized so much more easily as:

• Cancel Affinity disables your own Triangle Adept regardless of level.
    • "Triangle Adept" refers to both the skill itself and gem weapons, but not Litrraven.
  • Cancel Affinity 1 disables your opponent's Triangle Adept.
  • Cancel Affinity 2 disables your opponent's Triangle Adept only when you are at a disadvantage.
    • If you are at an advantage, you still get to enjoy your super advantage.
  • Cancel Affinity 3 reverses your opponent's Triangle Adept only when you are at a disadvantage.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't like linking to that page because I swear the formatting (and wording) of the page makes everything so much more confusing than it actually is.

Cancel Affinity can be summarized so much more easily as:

• Cancel Affinity disables your own Triangle Adept regardless of level.
    • "Triangle Adept" refers to both the skill itself and gem weapons, but not Litrraven.
  • Cancel Affinity 1 disables your opponent's Triangle Adept.
  • Cancel Affinity 2 disables your opponent's Triangle Adept only when you are at a disadvantage.
  • Cancel Affinity 3 reverses your opponent's Triangle Adept only when you are at a disadvantage.

It is kinda bad wording, in fact I only understood it AFTER reading both what you said and what the page said repeatedly.

Really, the whole of Cancel Affinity needs better wording than what is given... it won't be the last time someone thinks CA1 and 2 are one and the same.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Sadly my Takumi is not +speed either. He is a +defense one and I already have Gordin if I want to use an archer with good defense.

I don't have any of the armour mages so i'm out of luck on that one. I do have a love abound Lilina though or a Cecilia with blade tome if I want to go cheap so I might try out that meme build.

Otherwise I'll go with the ok Boey.

Ouch. That +Def does feel pretty redudant when you have Gordin. Yeah, just take your time deciding. I would check out Close Counter game play for various units on YouTube and maybe that might help you decide.

You can also just hold onto him and wait for a free armor mage to be given away from Tempest Trials or Grand Hero Battles, but no one knows if it will happen or when.

Is Fury 3 the best budget A skill for Grima, or will it interfere too much with his Vengeful Fighter? I plan to use him on my defence team (and maybe my attack team), but his A slot is looking so bare right now.

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Nowi/Fae/Adult Tiki should work for now. I'm hoping to get a half decent Grima sometime, so I was wondering what's a good build for Fae that's not too expensive. As for adult Tiki, I'd like to give her a build that lets me use her long-term for fun since I like her design and want a good red infantry unit that isn't Joshua/Tharja.

The only thing Adult Tiki can do is tank physical units, so you should go all-out on that. If you have a 4* Black Knight you're willing to invest, and any New Moon fodder, you can pass on Aether as well as Steady Breath. Steady Breath and Quick Riposte means she will activate Aether every round as long as she's doubled (-spd will help with this), so she will punch well above her weight against Def-hitting units.

For Fae, I don't think she needs much since her stat spread will round out your team nicely. Her default weapon also buffs her allies, so you could switch to that and make her a PP unit. Her default skills are all decent, give her a special and A-skill and call it a day.

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Is Fury 3 the best budget A skill for Grima, or will it interfere too much with his Vengeful Fighter? I plan to use him on my defence team (and maybe my attack team), but his A slot is looking so bare right now.

Fury is generally the best well rounded semi budget A skill. I think of it as the A slot's Moonbow.

Sustainability is rarely an issue although some players need sustainability due to their play style, such as not running a Player Phase nuke. I personally never encountered sustainability issues running Fury, and if you are, I highly recommend running a Player Phase nuke along side it to help speed up battles and Player Phase units are generally the most sustainable since they rely on Brave Weapons or Desperation to shut down units before they can strike back.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury is generally the best well rounded semi budget A skill. I think of it as the A slot's Moonbow.

Sustainability is rarely an issue although some players need sustainability due to their play style, such as not running a Player Phase nuke. I personally never encountered sustainability issues running Fury, and if you are, I highly recommend running a Player Phase nuke along side it to help speed up battles and Player Phase units are generally the most sustainable since they rely on Brave Weapons or Desperation to shut down units before they can strike back.

Grima for the defence team would likely be on an armour unit team (if that helps). 

For my attack team, he'll likely be running with Reinhardt, Xander, Dancer and himself, since I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't use Reinhardt for too long xD

Out of interest, what would you consider to be good A skills for him if budget wasn't an issue?