"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

17 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Question for anyone who’s spent money on orbs: are the packs the exact price it says, or do you have to pay tax added to it? I was going to get an itunes gift card (because whenever I pay for stuff online for some reason my bank account automatically thinks I’m being robbed and won’t let me use my card until I call them, which can take like an hour for them to answer) but I don’t know if I’ll be able to buy the $39.99 pack with exactly $40

I am not sure what Apple does, but $39.99 pack should costs exactly $39.99, no more and no less, according to my Google order history. I have not checked my bank statements, but I doubt that Google would charge additional fees and taxes that is not disclosed in the order history.

19 minutes ago, 4c3Z3r0 said:

Hey there i'm new here. But i'd like to ask a question. Zephiel is coming back in a few days and i've just pulled a -atk Fallen Robin. Should i give Vengeful fighter to Zephiel? I'm going full investment I and am willing to do pretty much anything. But some people say i just need to try for Bold Fighter. Can anyone help me by telling me if giving him vengeful is worth? Or should i just hope for a bold fighter and save vengeful for someone else?

It depends on how you want to use him. Enemy Phase, Player Phase, and dual phase builds all require different skills. I would not invest in him until you know what you want. You can try him out in Arena Assault first and see how you use him.

Enemy Phase
Eckesachs [special], Ignis/Aether
Steady Breath/Warding Breath, Vengeful Fighter
Close Def/Distant Def/Attack +3

Player Phase
Eckesachs [special]/Eckesachs [Atk], Bonfire
Death Blow, Bold Figher
Attack +3

Player Phase
Brave Sword, Moonbow/Ignis/Aether
Death Blow, Bold Figher
Attack +3

dual phase
Eckesachs [special], Bonfire
Steady Breath/Warding Breath, Bold Fighter
Quick Riposte

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Question for anyone who’s spent money on orbs: are the packs the exact price it says, or do you have to pay tax added to it? I was going to get an itunes gift card (because whenever I pay for stuff online for some reason my bank account automatically thinks I’m being robbed and won’t let me use my card until I call them, which can take like an hour for them to answer) but I don’t know if I’ll be able to buy the $39.99 pack with exactly $40

There was a recent thread about regional orb prices in which we established that in the US, no sales tax is charged on orbs, and in the EU and Australia, tax is charged but is included in the displayed price. Either way, the price you see is the price you pay.

During the Fallen heroes banner I pulled 3 Hardins and I was wondering if it would be better to put one into my main armor group, or just inherit Bold Fighter. My current set up +Spd/-Atk WE!Tharja, +Atk/-Spd WE!Robin, +Res/-Spd LA!Hector, and +Atk/-Res LA!Lyn. My Hardins are +Res/-HP, +HP/-Spd, and +Res/-Atk.

is neutral cherche better than a +hp/-res cherche?

Also got a bunch of titanias while rolling. Is a 5+10 Merged Titania a workable idea?

Got My +att/-res Cordelia to 5*. Going to have some fun. She's got the brave lance+ and FSweep lance+. The only thing left is to slap death blow onto her.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Also got a bunch of titanias while rolling. Is a 5+10 Merged Titania a workable idea?

Got My +att/-res Cordelia to 5*. Going to have some fun. She's got the brave lance+ and FSweep lance+. The only thing left is to slap death blow onto her.

I'd take the +HP -Res, she dies to pretty much any magic so you may as well improve her bulk against physical threats.

Do you mean 4*+10 Titania? Sure, that works. I'm getting to it myself.

I'd take the +HP -Res, she dies to pretty much any magic so you may as well improve her bulk against physical threats.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

eh I kinda want to get a 5+10 Titania. It'll take me a few weeks to save up the feathers for my next 5* promotion. I'm thinking Michalis, Ursula, Titania, or Nowi.

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

eh I kinda want to get a 5+10 Titania. It'll take me a few weeks to save up the feathers for my next 5* promotion. I'm thinking Michalis, Ursula, Titania, or Nowi.

Well sure, you can do that, but you're looking at 220,000 feathers to build that Titania. It's a project you'd really need to commit to, and it'd take you several months of promoting no one else. If you really are dedicated to Titania, our dear @Rezzy has undertaken such a project, but if you're all about strengthening your barracks in an efficient way, it's far from optimal.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Well sure, you can do that, but you're looking at 220,000 feathers to build that Titania. It's a project you'd really need to commit to, and it'd take you several months of promoting no one else. If you really are dedicated to Titania, our dear @Rezzy has undertaken such a project, but if you're all about strengthening your barracks in an efficient way, it's far from optimal.

welp.

guess I'll just accumulate the titanias first.

guess I'll just accumulate the titanias first.

I could donate you my three −Atk ones so that you’d be closer to completing that goal.

I'm trying to understand how Forged Sieglinde works.

From what it SOUNDS like it reads, it turns the Field Buffs of allies within 2 spaces of Eirika into Combat buffs for Eirika, so for instance 4/4/0/4 field buffs on a Blademage is equally given to Eirika as 4/4/0/4 combat buffs?

Also Winds Brand. It doesn't seem all that amazing even with the forge. Perhaps it'd do good for Gunnthra to take out high Atk/Spd targets who don't have the current lowest defense, but... Gronnblade still good?

Edited by Xenomata

12 hours ago, XandaXiloscient said:

During the Fallen heroes banner I pulled 3 Hardins and I was wondering if it would be better to put one into my main armor group, or just inherit Bold Fighter. My current set up +Spd/-Atk WE!Tharja, +Atk/-Spd WE!Robin, +Res/-Spd LA!Hector, and +Atk/-Res LA!Lyn. My Hardins are +Res/-HP, +HP/-Spd, and +Res/-Atk.

I would keep [+HP, -Spd], and if you are not into merging, you can fodder the other two.

11 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I recommend Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury instead of Death Blow, as Death Blow does not help her Firesweep Lance very much. For relatively fast units like Cordelia, you want to boost her Speed in addition to Attack. If you are running Life and Death, I would use Escutcheon as a Special to help her survive lethal counters and finish off an opponent with a second volley of Brave Lance hits.

Death is valuable and should be saved for slow Brave users instead.

If you can afford it, I would also generally keep Brave builds and Firesweep builds on separate units since they have different optimal natures. So for example, my first Cordelia is a regular +Atk Cordelia running Brave Lance, while my second one is +Spd running Firesweep Lance.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

From what it SOUNDS like it reads, it turns the Field Buffs of allies within 2 spaces of Eirika into Combat buffs for Eirika, so for instance 4/4/0/4 field buffs on a Blademage is equally given to Eirika as 4/4/0/4 combat buffs?

Also Winds Brand. It doesn't seem all that amazing even with the forge. Perhaps it'd do good for Gunnthra to take out high Atk/Spd targets who don't have the current lowest defense, but... Gronnblade still good?

For Refined Sieglinde, I think what it is trying to say is that it takes highest bonus buff of a particular stat within two spaces and gives it to Eirika as a combat buff. So if Eirika gives 4/4/0/4 to an allied Blade mage, but she also got pony allies giving Hone Cavalry buffs to each other, Eirika would get 6/6/0/4.

If I interpreted that correctly, I think that means you can run an Enemy Phase Eirika with Distan Counter with a team of Delthea with Spd Tactic and two other non infantry teammates (one or both of them being melee for Delthea to apply Dark Aura) with Def Tactic and Res Tactic for a total of 12/12/12/12 buffs. If you run Spurs on their Sacred Seal slot as well and you do not mind the positioning hassle, you can get 16/12/16/16 onto Eirika which turns her into a pseudo armor unit.

Distant Counter Eirika may look something like this:

+Atk, -Res

Sieglinde [special], Moonbow/Luna

Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

Attack +3/Heavy Blade

16/12/16/16

Her stats would be something like 45/62-65/47/42/40 during combat.

Soren is still good with Gronnblade. I imagine the -Atk debuff helps his more fragile ranged allies eat a counter safely to get into Desperation range.

Edited by XRay

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Thanks for the shoutout!  I'll have to post her when I get home.

+10s are nice, but it's a big investment that I would only reserve for your favorites.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Distant Counter Eirika may look something like this:

+Atk, -Res

Sieglinde [special], Moonbow/Luna

Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

Attack +3/Heavy Blade

16/12/16/16

Wouldn't -HP be a better bane for Eirika than -Res? She could just use unique refined Sieglinde to have her neutral HP while keeping her mixed defenses. 26/28 defenses with 39 HP seem better when she can abuse buffs to have higher raw defenses than with -Res where she'd have 26/24 defenses with 42 HP.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

If you have four units

• Eirika (Hone Spd 3, Fortify Def 3) with +4/4/0/4 from Ephraim
  • Ephraim (Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res 3) with +4/4/4/0 from Eirika
  • Seth (Hone Cavalry) with +6/6/4/0 from Eirika and Legendary Ephraim
  • Legendary Ephraim (Hone Cavalry) with +6/6/0/4 from Ephraim and Seth

and all of them are within 2 squares of Eirika, Eirika receives +6/6/4/4 in combat buffs (+6 Atk and +6 Spd from the tie between Seth and Legendary Ephraim, +4 Def from the tie between Ephraim and Seth, and +4 Res from Legendary Ephraim) for a total of +10/10/4/8 when combined with her field buffs.

@Ice Dragon Do you think that Leo can now shut down bladetome units? Byrnhildr refine, dull distance and QR could pack a nasty punch. Plus cavalry buffs

Edited by silveraura25

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have four units

• Eirika (Hone Spd 3, Fortify Def 3) with +4/4/0/4 from Ephraim
  • Ephraim (Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res 3) with +4/4/4/0 from Eirika
  • Seth (Hone Cavalry) with +6/6/4/0 from Eirika and Legendary Ephraim
  • Legendary Ephraim (Hone Cavalry) with +6/6/0/4 from Ephraim and Seth

and all of them are within 2 squares of Eirika, Eirika receives +6/6/4/4 in combat buffs (+6 Atk and +6 Spd from the tie between Seth and Legendary Ephraim, +4 Def from the tie between Ephraim and Seth, and +4 Res from Legendary Ephraim) for a total of +10/10/4/8 when combined with her field buffs.

The buffs stack? Is that confirmed? I don't use Eirika enough to justify the dew to try it myself

Just now, Johann said:

The buffs stack? Is that confirmed? I don't use Eirika enough to justify the dew to try it myself

Field buffs are limited by the highest limit your skill gives. Combat buffs don't have a limit

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Field buffs are limited by the highest limit your skill gives. Combat buffs don't have a limit

Oh, my brain did that thing where it skips ahead without fully reading a post. Got it now, thanks

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Oh, my brain did that thing where it skips ahead without fully reading a post. Got it now, thanks

Basically, Eirika's refinement is a goad/ward on herself based on the buffs of your nearby allies. With tactics skills she can reach +12/0/12/12. And you can even add more buffs

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Basically, Eirika's refinement is a goad/ward on herself based on the buffs of your nearby allies. With tactics skills she can reach +12/0/12/12. And you can even add more buffs

With this team

• Eirika
  • Delthea / Linde (Dark Aura, Res Tactic 3)
  • Non-infantry A (Hone movement type, Hone Spd 3)
  • Physical non-infantry B (Def Tactic 3)

and this positioning,

Eir D/L
 A   B

Eirika receives +6 Atk from Dark Aura, +4 Spd from Hone Spd 3, +6 Def from Def Tactic 3, +6 Res from Res Tactic 3 in field buffs and +6 Atk from B from Dark Aura, +6 Spd from B from Hone movement type, +6 Def from anyone from Def Tactic 3, and +6 from anyone from Res Tactic 3 in combat buffs for a total of +12/10/12/12.

Or you can do it much more easily in Rival Domains and then add some Drive buffs on top of it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Wouldn't -HP be a better bane for Eirika than -Res? She could just use unique refined Sieglinde to have her neutral HP while keeping her mixed defenses. 26/28 defenses with 39 HP seem better when she can abuse buffs to have higher raw defenses than with -Res where she'd have 26/24 defenses with 42 HP.

I went with -Res so she keeps her physical bulk intact, although if you have armor like stats, then -HP does make more sense.

Edited by XRay

Yo, here to ask another silly question. How does Eirika's refinement work? I don't understand the copying thing. Could I get a better explanation than pheonixmaster's video?

Edit- Could I also please get a build that doesn't include Distant Counter?

Edited by 4c3Z3r0
I forgot

51 minutes ago, 4c3Z3r0 said:

Yo, here to ask another silly question. How does Eirika's refinement work? I don't understand the copying thing. Could I get a better explanation than pheonixmaster's video?

Edit- Could I also please get a build that doesn't include Distant Counter?

Maybe a story format will help. Do you like yuri? Yes? Good. No? Too bad.

1. Once upon a turn, Eirika is checking out her teammates within 2 spaces.

2. Right next to her, Eirika sees WE!Tharja and LA!Lyn making out with giving each other Hone Armor buffs, which is 6/6/0/0.

3. Since she is right next to one of them, say LA!Lyn, she also pleasures gives her 4/4/0/4 buffs from Sieglinde, Hone Speed, and Fortify Res.

4. Nino has Fortify Def and is being spanked by next to WE!Tharja but not near Eirika, so Nino is more than 2 spaces away. Nino gives WE!Tharja 0/0/4/0 buffs.

5. Eirika sees LA!Lyn got 6/6/0/4 buffs and WE!Tharja got 6/6/4/0 buffs. Eirika is so engrossed by the two thicc ladies that she cannot see Nino because Nino is too far away (not that it matters anyways since poor Nino got no love buffs).

The highest bonus buff for Attack is 6 (LA!Lyn and WE!Tharja).
The highest bonus buff for Speed is 6 (LA!Lyn and WE!Tharja).
The highest bonus buff for Resistance is 4 (LA!Lyn).
The highest bonus buff for Defense is 4 (WE!Tharja).

7. Eirika jots down 6/6/4/4 into her diary.

8. On Enemy Phase, an enemy YS!Tiki comes charging in planning to drown attacks Eirika in melons, but Eirika remembers her diary and applies 6/6/4/4 as a combat buff and popped YS!Tiki's melons and cherry. Eirika won the fight. The end.

You can check out Eirika's builds here under the Heroes Analysis sub-forum.