"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So, for the most current weapon refinery upgrade folks, I'm currently wondering which is worth upgrading. I have Leo, but his upgrade doesn't seem very good I also have Soren (I do not have an Eirika currently, but I assume she'd be the best). My question is whether or not giving Soren that upgrade is worth it or if I should just keep my resources for other future upgrades. Is the refined Gronnowl effect and/or  base Atk - 7 effect worth a Gronnblade or Refined Rex?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OmNomNom said:

So, for the most current weapon refinery upgrade folks, I'm currently wondering which is worth upgrading. I have Leo, but his upgrade doesn't seem very good I also have Soren (I do not have an Eirika currently, but I assume she'd be the best). My question is whether or not giving Soren that upgrade is worth it or if I should just keep my resources for other future upgrades. Is the refined Gronnowl effect and/or  base Atk - 7 effect worth a Gronnblade or Refined Rex?

Leo is pretty much one of the best magic tanks in the game (alongside Sigurd and Jeorge) due to Brynhildr's refinement with the only real downside being that he can't tank Reinhardt without Deflect Magic.

Soren's new Wind's Brand is available to you without the need for refinement (all of the new weapons are in the characters' default skill inventories upon promotion to 5-star rarity), so you can test it out for yourself and see if the effect suits your play style. Only the Litrowl effect actually requires refinement.

I’m trying to decide who to promote to five stars next. I’ve narrowed down my options to these units:

+atk/-hp Raven

Lyon

Fallen!Takumi

Legion

Michalis

Valter

Xander

F!Robin

+atk/-def Sakura

So yeah, which one should I promote?

44 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I’m trying to decide who to promote to five stars next. I’ve narrowed down my options to these units:

+atk/-hp Raven

Lyon

Fallen!Takumi

Legion

Michalis

Valter

Xander

F!Robin

+atk/-def Sakura

So yeah, which one should I promote?

Playing with @Rafiel's Aria's Raven makes me want to build one up.

Xander is great if you're running Horse Emblem.  He's been part of my core Arena team for months now.

@Poimagic Like @Rezzy wrote, Raven became cool if you want to do the refinement. Xander is a must, still one of the best free units.

While I also like Valter and Michalis (my first 5* promotion), I must say Lyon is very useful and cheap to build if you don't have a red TA/Raven mage yet. 

Piggybacking off of the Raven discussion. I decided to make him my latest 5* promote without knowing his IVs. By a happy coincidence, he turned out to be +Attack -Defense.  Is his build as simple as I imagine it would be by giving him the special Basilikos upgrade (Life and Death 3) along with a proper Life and Death 3 in his A slot to just have him slaughter anyone who looks at him funny?*

*The fact that this happens to cover everyone else except Lucius and maaaaaaybe Priscilla is beside the point of course.

Edited by Raltis

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Darkness is most commonly associated with earth, the opposite of the sky that brings us light.

Given the knowledge granted to us by modern science, electricity is best represented in the Western classical elements by fire.

Well I already gave Grima, earth & Hector, fire, but it's still nice to hear the logic is still sound so thanks for that.

4 hours ago, Raltis said:

Piggybacking off of the Raven discussion. I decided to make him my latest 5* promote without knowing his IVs. By a happy coincidence, he turned out to be +Attack -Defense.  Is his build as simple as I imagine it would be by giving him the special Basilikos upgrade (Life and Death 3) along with a proper Life and Death 3 in his A slot to just have him slaughter anyone who looks at him funny?*

*The fact that this happens to cover everyone else except Lucius and maaaaaaybe Priscilla is beside the point of course.

I would go with Fury on his A slot since it is cheaper and it makes Raven less susceptible to being killed when eating his first counter to get into Desperation range, especially since yours is -Def.

I would only go with Life and Death if Raven has another way of reducing his HP without eating a counter, since eating a counter is pretty risky if you do not have enough bulk to stomach it.

Thanks Ice Dragon for the response. I've decided to do just that - test out Soren's a bit before ultimately deciding. I've also decided to give Leo a try as well if I do not fancy Soren's much.

I also would like to piggy back a bit (sorry guys!). On the discussion of Grimaldi as a friend list lead, are people choosing to still go Armored Boots + SB + BF build or staying with a VF + Armored Boots? I'd ideally like to go for the mixed phase BF+Breath, but that would mean Armored Boots taking up a seal slot instead of say Quick Riposte or QP. How are you guys accomplishing this if you're using Bold Fighter? Is not having QR/QP a breaker for the mixed phase build?

Has anyone composed a guide that is organized kind like this:

Best speed sword, Best defense sword, best attack sword, Best defense sword, good combo res/speed sword. Basically a guide for which units might be best on a particular map.

In particular I am interested in that for bows. I see a lot of people getting good clears with Setsuna and wondering if it is her speed or attack that the person is banking on. 

I know that a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort to give you every possible stat this game can offer and was looking for that type of organization so I know how to make quick changes to someone comparable. 

10 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Has anyone composed a guide that is organized kind like this:

Best speed sword, Best defense sword, best attack sword, Best defense sword, good combo res/speed sword. Basically a guide for which units might be best on a particular map.

In particular I am interested in that for bows. I see a lot of people getting good clears with Setsuna and wondering if it is her speed or attack that the person is banking on. 

I know that a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort to give you every possible stat this game can offer and was looking for that type of organization so I know how to make quick changes to someone comparable. 

Are you looking for a stats table with an organization function?

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks @XRay that is pretty close to what I am looking for. I just wish there were weapon specific ones like the Tier Lists. Something where you can easily see each specific weapon so you can find interchangeable units when you don’t have someone else.

You can sort the list by the unit's weapon type, if that's what you mean. There's a drop-down menu at the top that has "Weapon Type," which lets you view only units of the selected weapon type. That's useful if you want to, for example, compare the stats of only bow units. You can then sort the list by the specific stat you want to highlight.

For Setsuna in particular, she depends on her speed, since her attack stat is quite mediocre. Summer Gaius has the closest stat spread to her, with 30 Atk/37 Spd (compared to her 28/37 spread).

Edit: Also, I personally prefer the Gamepress table to the Gamepedia one, but either one works.

Edited by Astellius

What can I do with a +spd/-hp Leo? His refinement doesn't make building him any easier, but ideally I'd like to keep his prf since it's a prf. I'm thinking of putting him in a Horse Emblem team, but I'm not really sure what he wants.

Edit: Also is an extra S!Corrin worth more as Fortify Fliers or swift strike fodder? I know Caeda exists, but I've never pulled her and swift strike doesn't seem all that amazing.

Edited by WyvernQueen

3 hours ago, WyvernQueen said:

What can I do with a +spd/-hp Leo? His refinement doesn't make building him any easier, but ideally I'd like to keep his prf since it's a prf. I'm thinking of putting him in a Horse Emblem team, but I'm not really sure what he wants.

Edit: Also is an extra S!Corrin worth more as Fortify Fliers or swift strike fodder? I know Caeda exists, but I've never pulled her and swift strike doesn't seem all that amazing.

If you want to optimize Brynhildr, Leo wants [+Atk/Def/Res, -Spd]. +Spd is essentially useless since he is not going to be doubled anyways with Brynhildr and he is unlikely to do any doubling himself without Quick Riposte. -HP hurts his bulk a bit, but as long as you are careful around blue mages (or avoid them entirely), -HP does not really matter too much.

You can run Rauðrblade, but I would not recommend it since SM!Eirika got Player Phase covered and she comes with a pretty good exclusive tome. You might want to check out his other builds here for ideas.

I want to say Swift Strike since it is rare, but I cannot think of a situation currently where it performs really well. Swift Strike (along with Steady Blow and Bracing Blow) can be used on ranged units to act as Wings of Mercy beacon on defense teams, but that is a pretty limited niche. I would personally save her for now since they might release the skill on an unlimited unit (or have a new skill mechanic that utilizes that stat spread), but foddering her for Fortify Flier is fine if you really need it now and you are not afraid of regrets.

Edited by XRay

14 hours ago, Astellius said:

You can sort the list by the unit's weapon type, if that's what you mean. There's a drop-down menu at the top that has "Weapon Type," which lets you view only units of the selected weapon type. That's useful if you want to, for example, compare the stats of only bow units. You can then sort the list by the specific stat you want to highlight.

For Setsuna in particular, she depends on her speed, since her attack stat is quite mediocre. Summer Gaius has the closest stat spread to her, with 30 Atk/37 Spd (compared to her 28/37 spread).

Edit: Also, I personally prefer the Gamepress table to the Gamepedia one, but either one works.

The Gamepress table is exactly what I am looking for. I am not the greatest strategist, so when I go to YouTube for help with a map, I don't always know how to make the proper adjustments. And since we all have different units, this will be SUPER helpful in figuring out who I might be able to plug in someone else's stead. Thank you so much!

5 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

As far as summoning new characters, are you saving up for the Special Event next week? I don't have a ton, but it seems like that will be the way to go. Any ideas or datamines concerning that specific summoning event?

Most likely, new set of spring/Easter-themed characters.

Anyone have advice for what to do with a +SPD -DEF Female Morgan? Besides throwing her away of course, she already isn't planned for my main team and there's no way I'm gunning for another one so I decided to try and make do with what I got.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Anyone have advice for what to do with a +SPD -DEF Female Morgan? Besides throwing her away of course, she already isn't planned for my main team and there's no way I'm gunning for another one so I decided to try and make do with what I got.

Those are probably perfect ivs for her, besides plus Attack. If you have another flier honing her, she’ll do great! Give her Darting blow, (or Swift Sparrow if you’ve got access to it) and she’ll do great with a Blárblade!

1 minute ago, Will Bill said:

Those are probably perfect ivs for her, besides plus Attack. If you have another flier honing her, she’ll do great! Give her Darting blow, (or Swift Sparrow if you’ve got access to it) and she’ll do great with a Blárblade!

The problem is her DEF is a superbane, meaning she has a lower BST than your average Female Morgan, and her SPD is supposedly low enough that a Boon won't actually help her very much. I'll give Blade a try, though, thanks!

17 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Her default kit is perfectly serviceable as a mage check. Toss in Reposition and the QR deal if it’s not tied down to someone else and she’s good to go.