"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

My phone died and it will take some time to order a new one. Is it possible to play Heroes that started on an Android phone, but play it on an i-phone (my wife's)? My account is linked to Nintendo but I'm not sure if there are distinct "android" and "apple" accounts or not.

Bad idea to switch between operating systems, especially if you have any significant number of orbs on your account.

When switching between OS, everything carries over - except the orbs.

If you switch, the Orbs stay on Android, but are unusable on iOS. The orbs will still be there when you go back to Android. However, any orbs you save up during your account's time on iOS will also stay on iOS unless you spend them.

Edited by Raven

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Raven said:

Bad idea to switch between operating systems, especially if you have any significant number of orbs on your account.

When switching between OS, everything carries over - except the orbs.

If you switch, the Orbs stay on Android, but are unusable on iOS. The orbs will still be there when you go back to Android.

Oh bother, that would be problematic.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

My phone died and it will take some time to order a new one. Is it possible to play Heroes that started on an Android phone, but play it on an i-phone (my wife's)? My account is linked to Nintendo but I'm not sure if there are distinct "android" and "apple" accounts or not.

It should work (didn't try it myself), but you can't transfer purchased orbs between android and apple. 

/Edit: I didn't see the new page. Didn't know you couldn't transfer the free orbs either. 

Edited by mampfoid

Another stupid reroll question: I was changing emulators since my first one seems irreparable, and while testing to make sure rerolling worked (which it does, no issues), I ended up with a 5* +Spd/-Res Fae from a free roll. The other free rolls from the other banners were markedly less good, but no orbs have been spent.

Is this roll worth syncing if I'm stockpiling my daily orbs until the 29th for the legendary banner? Or should I still hold off and use that banner for my rerolls?

Edited by Some Jerk

1 minute ago, Some Jerk said:

Another stupid reroll question: I was changing emulators since my first one seems irreparable, and while testing to make sure rerolling worked (which it does, no issues), I ended up with a 5* +Spd/-Res Fae from a free roll. The other free rolls from the other banners were markedly less good, but no orbs have been spent.

Is this roll worth syncing if I'm stockpiling my daily orbs until the 29th for the legendary banner? Or should I still hold off and use that banner for my rerolls?

That's honestly up to you. If you like Fae, she's not so bad. Although there are better boons/banes than that for her.

You could potentially save this account, then see how the legendary banner summons treat you. If they are bad rolls, then maybe you can decide to reset.

6 minutes ago, Raven said:

That's honestly up to you. If you like Fae, she's not so bad. Although there are better boons/banes than that for her.

You could potentially save this account, then see how the legendary banner summons treat you. If they are bad rolls, then maybe you can decide to reset.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll sit on it until the 29th and see how my rolls go.

I was nonplussed to get that -Res on Fae, but +Spd makes her harder to double which kinda-sorta makes up for it? I haven't quite gotten into the gameplay yet so I'm not sure, I may just have dollar signs in my eyes from getting what is supposedly a top-tier 5* unit on my first roll.

Edited by Some Jerk

27 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll sit on it until the 29th and see how my rolls go.

I was nonplussed to get that -Res on Fae, but +Spd makes her harder to double which kinda-sorta makes up for it? I haven't quite gotten into the gameplay yet so I'm not sure, I may just have dollar signs in my eyes from getting what is supposedly a top-tier 5* unit on my first roll.

She's a fine unit, although not really one of the best. She really could use a dragon team that can supply her with dragon buffs. Her default kit is also not all that fantastic on its own - she works even better with Lightning Breath+ so she can counter from a distance. Sadly she takes quite a bit of investment to become a top tier dragon, as opposed to something like Fallen Robin - a green armoured dragon who is already a great unit off the bat and requires little investment in comparison.

Edited by Raven

Ehhhh, I am in no way able to invest anything into Fae with a fresh account, nevermind a dragon team. Guess I'll only keep her if I get a good roll on that account on the 29th.

Thanks for the feedback!

5 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Oh bother, that would be problematic.

Worst case scenario you could grab yourself an Android emulator to spend whatever orbs you have left on the Android side.

We have this thread with instructions on how to get this game to work on an Android emulator for Windows.

Anyways, two questions. One, what should I spend my 20k feathers on? 

Getting a merge to Eirika

Getting Killer Axe+ to Legion so he can eventually get Slaying Axe+

Promoting either a +def/-res, +atk/-hp, or neutral Lukas

Next question is about who should I use for my secondary flier emblem team?

+def/-res S!Kagero (Goad Fliers buff)

+atk/-hp F!Morgan (Fortify Fliers buff)

+hp/-res Hinoka+1 (Hone Fliers buff)

+atk/-def Cherche 4⭐️+6 (Goad Fliers buff)

+atk/-hp Myrrh (Fortify Fliers buff)

+hp/-def Minerva (Ward Fliers buff)

+atk/-def Elincia (Goad Fliers buff)

+def/-res Clair (TBD)

Neutral Michalis (Will Promote if chosen for team. TBD)

Nuetral Gerome (TBD)

17 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

snip

+def -res Lukas is the one who'd I'd promote

For flier team, I'd go with F!Morgan since you can bait mages with her.

Edited by silveraura25

I'd just like to take a moment to thank @Raven for suggesting I hold off on syncing my account before the new Legendary Banner. I just saw the reveal video and the character I wanted the most but was never expecting (F!Grima) comes from this banner. Crossing my fingers that I can use her with my earlier Fae pull with extra orbs.

So now that we see what's on the banner, what units should I reroll for other than F!Grima? My immediate assumption is Brave Lyn (thankfully they're both colorless) and Zelgius (because then I wouldn't need to buy Black Knight), while I can pull Brave Ike off of the freebie 5* banner, but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are of the other featured units.

Edited by Some Jerk

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

+def -res Lukas is the one who'd I'd promote

For flier team, I'd go with F!Morgan since you can bait mages with her.

I do admit, I wanted to promote Lukas the most since he is apart of my arena core, or what I want said core to be

F!Morgan was one that was guaranteed to be on the second team. Who should the other members be?

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I do admit, I wanted to promote Lukas the most since he is apart of my arena core, or what I want said core to be

F!Morgan was one that was guaranteed to be on the second team. Who should the other members be?

Elincia, Cherche and Hinoka

5 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I'd just like to take a moment to thank @Raven for suggesting I hold off on syncing my account before the new Legendary Banner. I just saw the reveal video and the character I wanted the most but was never expecting (F!Grima) comes from this banner. Crossing my fingers that I can use her with my earlier Fae pull with extra orbs.

So now that we see what's on the banner, what units should I reroll for other than F!Grima? My immediate assumption is Brave Lyn (thankfully they're both colorless) and Zelgius (because then I wouldn't need to buy Black Knight), while I can pull Brave Ike off of the freebie 5* banner, but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are of the other featured units.

The thing is, they are all great units. All have strengths and weaknesses of course, but all are generally well up there.

You could try to summon a Brave Lyn, but if you don't manage to get her from summons yet want to keep the account because you had other good summons, you can just choose Brave Lyn as your free Brave Hero summon. Many strategies to complete challenges revolve around using her, because she's just that good.

6 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I would buy the Black Knight rather than trying to obtain Zelgius since you will still need to use up a lot of Orbs to get him. Trying to get three or more specific 5* units from rerolling is not realistic in my opinion. I would limit it to 2 specific units. If you care more about the quantity of 5* units and you do not care who they are, then I would aim for getting three or more 5* units per reroll. All units on the banner are pretty good in my opinion, so there is not any unit that you need to avoid.

I would prioritize BH!Lyn if you are not getting the free copy. I am biased towards ranged units, so I would also aim for Gunnthrá and TOD!Nowi next. If resource permits I would also try to get several TOD!Sakura for foddering Kitty Paddle.

Personally, I would also try to get a copy of YS!Tiki and NS!Elise to make SP farming less grindy, but this is not necessary.

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

Getting as many 5* units as I'm gunning for is unrealistic, I realize. That said, I am a very stubborn person (as in "I will soft reset for a 1/8,000 Shiny Pokemon" stubborn) and this Legendary Banner is the best chance to do it, so I have nothing to lose in the attempt and nothing better to do with the time.

3 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

Getting as many 5* units as I'm gunning for is unrealistic, I realize. That said, I am a very stubborn person (as in "I will soft reset for a 1/8,000 Shiny Pokemon" stubborn) and this Legendary Banner is the best chance to do it, so I have nothing to lose in the attempt and nothing better to do with the time.

If you want some extra ideas on who to look out for, give this video a watch:

8 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Next question is about who should I use for my secondary flier emblem team?

+def/-res S!Kagero (Goad Fliers buff)

+atk/-hp F!Morgan (Fortify Fliers buff)

+hp/-res Hinoka+1 (Hone Fliers buff)

+atk/-def Cherche 4⭐️+6 (Goad Fliers buff)

+atk/-hp Myrrh (Fortify Fliers buff)

+hp/-def Minerva (Ward Fliers buff)

+atk/-def Elincia (Goad Fliers buff)

+def/-res Clair (TBD)

Neutral Michalis (Will Promote if chosen for team. TBD)

Nuetral Gerome (TBD)

What do you want to do with the second flier team? Arena (don't think so)? 

A Blessing team? You could wait if you get Robin and apply Earth blessings to Morgan and Elincia. The green spot would not be so clear, because you have great candidates here:

• Myrrh would be already the third unit with a magic weapon and thus redundant. 
  • Cherche kills nearly everything if you build her, great merging perspective. 

• Minerva can be very good on offense, but you can make her also a tank (Michalis would be a better tank because your Minerva is -DEF). Her refinement is nice. 

Spoiler

Empty because I hit the wrong button on mobile

Too bad you gave Myrrh and Morgan Fortify Fliers, because they are the units that want this buff. At least Fortify and Goad have the best availability. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid Th reason why I want to make a second flier team is mostly for AA reasons, or rather, a flier team that is after team 1. Not only that, it’ll be used when something that team 1 can’t do appears. Also, because I want to do something similar to the people who have multiple emblem teams

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid Th reason why I want to make a second flier team is mostly for AA reasons, or rather, a flier team that is after team 1. Not only that, it’ll be used when something that team 1 can’t do appears. Also, because I want to do something similar to the people who have multiple emblem teams

Well, while I name a specific Flier emblem team in the project thread, they seldom fly in the exact same formation (only for Fire Blessing purposes). It try to build my flying units in a way that I can throw teams together on the fly (^^) for different purposes. Of course the blade tome mages want Hone Fliers, but I'm not fixed to go with Airzura, since also Hinoka and Nowi have that skill. 

Melee units usually get Reposition, ranged units Draw Back (tanks like Morgan also Reposition). I try to distribute C-skills in a way that the skill equipped on the unit is of lesser desire for itself. Since Hone and Ward are very rare, that works only partially. I have many units with Fortify and Goad, but that is not a big problem, since only very few units (like NS!Corrin) absolutely depend on Hone Fliers and none on Ward Fliers. 

32 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I pulled a Fjorm on my free summon. Anyone know who might want Atk/Def Bond?

Chrom with his refined Falchion would profit from ATK/DEF Bond, since he wants to stay attached to his teammates to keep the refinement effect active. Also Owl tome users like Boey (or perhaps Oliver?). 

31 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I pulled a Fjorm on my free summon. Anyone know who might want Atk/Def Bond?

Armor units with Distant Counter built into their Weapons would like that if they are on a Ward Armor team, although Steady Breath and Warding Breath are generally superior in my opinion since those do not have positioning restrictions, giving your armor units a little more flexibility.

So pretty sure I know the answer, but may as well get a second opinion.

My previous kitty sakura is +RES/-ATK. My questionable luck netted me another from the legendary banner. She is +SPD/-HP. Now I am pretty sure the +SPD would be the preferred one, but I tend to prioritize speed a bit too often. So I always like to hear others opinions.

While spending way too many orbs on the legendary banner, I've pulled three Vanguard Ikes, no HNowi or Zelgius, or any of the colorless units I was trying for.

I just wanted to ask who might be a good candidate(s) for Warding Breath. Off the top of my head I've got ATiki, Nowi, and both Morgans who I was considering, but I also have a boatload of other units, so if you know of a unit I didn't think of, I might have them. 

Also, am I correct to assume +atk/-spd is pretty good for LIke? Since he's not too fast to begin with, and I kind of want him to get hit to charge RAether.

I'm reasonably sure someone's asked a similar question by now, but this topic's 400+pages, I'm sorry.