"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

28 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Um, I guess nobody saw my question:

If this was ignored on purpose, I'll just take my question elsewhere. But it's not like I have any way of knowing that, so I hope it's not annoying or against the rules for me to reiterate it.

I would love RES smoke for my M!Morgan, he could debuff everyone around with -5/-5/0/-7 until we get a DEF smoke seal for -5/-5/-7/-7. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Reddazrael said:

Both Mathilda and Innes have Cancel Affinity, and while Innes is only available as a 5★, Mathilda is a rather common (for me, anyway) blue pull. Granted, you do have to upgrade her to 5★ before you can inherit Cancel Affinity 3, but to me that's a better option that sacrificing L!Robin for a skill that other units (including a 4★ unit!) already have.

Res Smoke 3 would be the skill to sacrifice her for, as it's unique to her. As to who to give it to? A dragon team would be able to get good usage out of it, I bet. Also mage units/teams. Keep in mind that Res Smoke only takes effect after combat, so putting it on a support unit that ideally doesn't see much combat obviously limits its usefulness. ...And yeah, that's all I've got. If anyone else wants to chime in with far better advice, please do.

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would love RES smoke for my M!Morgan, he could debuff everyone around with -5/-5/0/-7 until we get a DEF smoke seal for -5/-5/-7/-7. 

Hm, I really do want to use a Morgan. I guess I'll keep her around until I manage to pull him as a four star. (which might be never, considering I have yet to pull an Abel or a Kagerou, but oh well.)

Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Hm, I really do want to use a Morgan. I guess I'll keep her around until I manage to pull him as a four star. (which might be never, considering I have yet to pull an Abel or a Kagerou, but oh well.)

Thanks for the help!

Do you have a Gunnthrá? She would become Morgan's best buddy. :-)

How does ranking up summoner support work is it killing units that are level 35 and up, or just clearing maps that have level 35 units?.

Edited by Ashe

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Do you have a Gunnthrá? She would become Morgan's best buddy. :-)

Saldy, I don't. Good to keep in mind if she ever becomes free though. :)

9 minutes ago, Ashe said:

how does ranking up summoner support work is it killing units that are level 35 and up, or just clearing maps that have level 35 units?.

The unit must enter a map where level 35 units are. The unit doesn't need to survive and doesn't need to kill anyone, but the map must be solved. 

/Edit: Ally support works different though. 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ally_Support

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Um, I guess nobody saw my question:

The +Spd one is better for player phase, and the +Def one is better for enemy phase.

Cancel Affinity is more cheaply available from Mathilda. Res Smoke is good on anyone on a pure player-phase team, but standard buffing skills are usually preferred due to their better availability and ease of use.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The unit must enter a map where level 35 units are. The unit doesn't need to survive and doesn't need to kill anyone, but the map must be solved. 

can you level up the support rank on maps that are already cleared?

Edited by Ashe

What's the highest damage mathematically possible in Heroes?

The best I've found is 575. (5*LV40+10 Lucina with +Atk IV, Special Falchion refine, Brazen Atk/Spd 3, Wrath 3, Summonner and Ally S supports, a blessing from L!Ike and support from 3 spur attacks and 4 drives (can be achieved in rival domains with the extra allies), with a +7 buff to attack (from harsh command) proccing astra on a level 1 Fae with a -7 penalty in defence and Triangle Adept 3) This Lucina can also deal over 100 damage to some triangle adept blues! This game is insane!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has found better

2 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

I'm just wondering if anyone else has found better

Chrom necessarily hits harder than Lucina because they have access to the exact same skills, but Chrom has 3 more Atk.

Sorry my question is more of a hardware issue, but I've found out after trying to open a game app that it's not supported on my phone, an iPhone 5c, anymore and my next thought was that I needed to upgrade phones which I've been meaning to do for awhile.

But even though I have linked my Nintendo account to my Heroes account I'm still worried about getting a new phone and having everything still be there and working properly once I download and boot up the app for the first time. 

I was wondering if anyone on the forums had gone through this process and had any specific tips or advice to make the transition seamless.

Edited by Liliesgrace

@Liliesgrace I had upgraded my phone not all that long ago. I didn't do anything special and had no real troubles. There was however one time where it refused to sync and nearly gave me a heart attack. But it worked just fine when I uninstalled and tried again. If I recall right there was thread on it not too long ago.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/81408-problem-accessing-save-data-from-a-new-device/

Seems I was the last one to reply there. I wonder if the issue was ever resolved?

B!Roy, Eliwood, or BK!Chrom for my cavalry team? The other members are B!Lyn [+SPD / -DEF], Reinhardt [+ATK], and Gunnthrá [+SPD / -HP]. Pros and cons are:

BK!Chrom [+SPD / -RES]
• Pros: He's already built save for a cavalry skill and he's a +10 merge, so he's pretty monstrous unless someone with magic glances in his general direction.
• Cons: I've used him a lot already and I kind of want to try out someone new.

B!Roy [+ATK / -DEF]
• Pros: I haven't used him yet, and I really like his art. He's also supposedly a pretty good unit in general.
• Cons: I only have one copy of him, so no merges.

Eliwood [+SPD / -RES]
• Pros: Haven't used him yet either, I like Eliwood a lot as a character, and I have over 11 copies of him so with time and effort he can easily become a +10 merge, which brings his attack power on par with BK!Chrom's and surpasses unmerged B!Roy's once I finally get a +ATK nature on him that doesn't come bundled with -SPD.
• Cons: He doesn't seem to be as solid a unit as BK!Chrom or B!Roy overall? Also, I really want a +ATK / -DEF nature. How have I not gotten that nature in the 20+ copies of him that I've pulled so far?

54 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Liliesgrace I had upgraded my phone not all that long ago. I didn't do anything special and had no real troubles. There was however one time where it refused to sync and nearly gave me a heart attack. But it worked just fine when I uninstalled and tried again. If I recall right there was thread on it not too long ago.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/81408-problem-accessing-save-data-from-a-new-device/

Seems I was the last one to reply there. I wonder if the issue was ever resolved?

Thank you kindly for the confirmation. I guess I'll be plunging into the great unknown of a new iPhone then.

3 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

But even though I have linked my Nintendo account to my Heroes account I'm still worried about getting a new phone and having everything still be there and working properly once I download and boot up the app for the first time. 

I was wondering if anyone on the forums had gone through this process and had any specific tips or advice to make the transition seamless.

My old phone overheated while playing Heroes during the first month after release and failed to turn on ever again, so I played over Bluestacks for a few days while I was waiting for a new phone to arrive. Both the transition to Bluestacks and then to my new phone went smoothly.

As long as you aren't changing operating systems, there shouldn't be any problem changing machines. If you're changing operating systems, be warned that any orbs you had will not transfer over (because the orbs are tied to the app store account and not to the Nintendo account).

@Reddazrael (attention, bias!) Even If he copied my haircut, I'd vote always for Roy. Seriously: Reinhardt covers the blue job so good, it's nearly boring. Ephraim (sadly I have 25 copies less of him than you) would be without anything to do on your team. 

While a +0 Roy shouldn't be better than a +10 Chrom, I can tell he is fun to play. Give him Life and Death (or something else to make him faster) and a Hone buff, he'll kill two units on turn one. 

See here some recent Roy action:

Spoiler

This may be my final reroll-related question, because something strange happened. +Spd/-Res F!Grima came out of the first summon, so I turned my attention to the Hero Fest banner for a better chance of B!Lyn, but kept getting no colourless orbs - but lots of blues, one of which was a +Atk/-Res Ephraim. So that's apparently two ideal-natured superunits with a good B!Lyn still available from Hero Fest (and neutral from the freebie 5* if that fails, otherwise I can pull neutral B!Ike) and Black Knight still on the shop.

I doubt I'll get a miraculous reroll like that ever again, but as you people are way more experienced than me, I will ask you for certainty: should I sync this reroll to Nintendo?

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Reddazrael (attention, bias!) Even If he copied my haircut, I'd vote always for Roy. Seriously: Reinhardt covers the blue job so good, it's nearly boring. Ephraim (sadly I have 25 copies less of him than you) would be without anything to do on your team. 

While a +0 Roy shouldn't be better than a +10 Chrom, I can tell he is fun to play. Give him Life and Death (or something else to make him faster) and a Hone buff, he'll kill two units on turn one. 

See here some recent Roy action:

Oof, that was brutal. I may build Ephraim anyway just for fun (and because Hector needs his BFF to ride into battle with him and Lyn) but it looks like Roy may end up being the one on my cavalry team. He does look like a lot of fun! Also, Galeforce = yes.

Just now, Reddazrael said:

Oof, that was brutal. I may build Ephraim anyway just for fun (and because Hector needs his BFF to ride into battle with him and Lyn) but it looks like Roy may end up being the one on my cavalry team. He does look like a lot of fun! Also, Galeforce = yes.

I think Ephraim would work too, you have amazing choices there. Ephraim will be a must on a mixed Fire Blessing team, since he doesn't depend on horse buffs. Also TTs would be a good mode for him, he can destroy and heal alone. 

22 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

This may be my final reroll-related question, because something strange happened. +Spd/-Res F!Grima came out of the first summon, so I turned my attention to the Hero Fest banner for a better chance of B!Lyn, but kept getting no colourless orbs - but lots of blues, one of which was a +Atk/-Res Ephraim. So that's apparently two ideal-natured superunits with a good B!Lyn still available from Hero Fest (and neutral from the freebie 5* if that fails, otherwise I can pull neutral B!Ike) and Black Knight still on the shop.

I doubt I'll get a miraculous reroll like that ever again, but as you people are way more experienced than me, I will ask you for certainty: should I sync this reroll to Nintendo?

I would vote to keep that account (even if Ephraim needs to have his skills completely overhauled to reach his full potential).

If you want to keep trying, you can try setting up an emulator like in this thread so as to not have to delete the account yet.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would vote to keep that account (even if Ephraim needs to have his skills completely overhauled to reach his full potential).

If you want to keep trying, you can try setting up an emulator like in this thread so as to not have to delete the account yet.

The emulator method is exactly what I'm using, hoarding unsynced instances of MEmu with good rolls. This is the first time I pulled an ideal +Spd F!Grima and something else good - I hadn't been counting on getting a(n actually good) 5* blue unit until the free Fjorm way in Book II, so I'm a little mystified. I'd have to cross my fingers for getting a good B!Lyn from the remaining days of Hero Fest, but I feel like this situation is worth possibly losing B!Ike if I have to grab B!Lyn from the freebie banner.

Also, Ephraim being high-maintenance doesn't bother me too much. I planned on taking my time with the game and having fun after I got a good reroll, I'm not worried about making meta-capable builds until way later.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I think Ephraim would work too, you have amazing choices there. Ephraim will be a must on a mixed Fire Blessing team, since he doesn't depend on horse buffs. Also TTs would be a good mode for him, he can destroy and heal alone. 

Well, that's legitimately embarrassing. I have no idea how my brain pulled 'Ephraim' out of thin air. I meant Eliwood. Jeez, brain, what are you doing up there? Although thanks for the Ephraim advice; if I ever get my hands on him, I know where to put him.

10 hours ago, Ashe said:

How does ranking up summoner support work is it killing units that are level 35 and up, or just clearing maps that have level 35 units?.

The supported unit must participate in a battle with a level 35 or higher enemy (they don't need to kill, and they don't need to survive), and the support level is raised based on the number of maps cleared. It takes 80 maps to rise from no support to S-rank.

2 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

B!Roy, Eliwood, or BK!Chrom for my cavalry team? The other members are B!Lyn [+SPD / -DEF], Reinhardt [+ATK], and Gunnthrá [+SPD / -HP]. Pros and cons are:

BK!Chrom [+SPD / -RES]
• Pros: He's already built save for a cavalry skill and he's a +10 merge, so he's pretty monstrous unless someone with magic glances in his general direction.
• Cons: I've used him a lot already and I kind of want to try out someone new.

B!Roy [+ATK / -DEF]
• Pros: I haven't used him yet, and I really like his art. He's also supposedly a pretty good unit in general.
• Cons: I only have one copy of him, so no merges.

Eliwood [+SPD / -RES]
• Pros: Haven't used him yet either, I like Eliwood a lot as a character, and I have over 11 copies of him so with time and effort he can easily become a +10 merge, which brings his attack power on par with BK!Chrom's and surpasses unmerged B!Roy's once I finally get a +ATK nature on him that doesn't come bundled with -SPD.
• Cons: He doesn't seem to be as solid a unit as BK!Chrom or B!Roy overall? Also, I really want a +ATK / -DEF nature. How have I not gotten that nature in the 20+ copies of him that I've pulled so far?

A +10 Chrom is generally going to be better than Roy or Eliwood, so I'd say he probably be your preferred choice from a pragmatic perspective. Roy is definitely worth building up, he's quite good, and you can switch between them as needed. Roy has definitely been invaluable for me on some of the GHB cavalry quests, since he can activate Galeforce so quickly. I'd say Eliwood is a low priority, since you already have Chrom, but you should feel free to build him up if you like him and want to. You can always switch between them, it's not as though the members of the team need to be locked in stone. You can also build up a second cavalry team as well, which can be quite useful for other modes, or just to have more horses on hand in general.

39 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I'd say that's a great roll, and that you should sync it. I don't think you could reasonably expect something better without putting in a ton more time (or getting really lucky). It's certainly a good starting roster. Also, as a side note, the banner that is up is a Legendary one, not a Hero Fest.