"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'd say that's a great roll, and that you should sync it. I don't think you could reasonably expect something better without putting in a ton more time (or getting really lucky). It's certainly a good starting roster. Also, as a side note, the banner that is up is a Legendary one, not a Hero Fest.

99ab94e7c8.jpg

This Hero Fest is apparently a beginner-only thing. So I have 6 days to hoard orbs to B!Lyn.

So yeah, I'm gonna begin preparations for syncing. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Some Jerk

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Well, that's legitimately embarrassing. I have no idea how my brain pulled 'Ephraim' out of thin air. I meant Eliwood. Jeez, brain, what are you doing up there? Although thanks for the Ephraim advice; if I ever get my hands on him, I know where to put him.

Ah okay, no Problem. I meant legendary Eliwood btw, 25 of him would have been quite some exaggeration. ^^

23 hours ago, Kaden said:

I was asking about a Windsweep build since it's something she can do better than the other dragons which isn't saying much since she, Ninan, and GF!Robin are the only dragons with >= 33 speed and Ninian is mainly a refresh unit. She could do a Lightning Breath, QR build, but the other dragons exist and they hit harder and have higher raw resistance. Sure, they'll probably get doubled by everything, but that doesn't mean much if they can take little damage and dish out a lot of damage. F!Corrin targets resistance which is generally lower, can target ranged units' lower defensive stat, +Atk F!Corrin has the same base attack as =Atk kid Tiki, she can get good damage from her defense, and she naturally doubles and avoids more doubles, but Nowi exists, she has Lightning Breath by default, and she's not that difficult to summon when she's a 4* to 5* summon.

The idea of Windsweep F!Corrin is to make use of her high speed and a refined Dark Breath to safely inflict -7 Atk/Spd on her target and enemies 2 spaces within them. On enemy phase, she's probably going to double them and they won't be able to do as much damage to her or her allies. It's obviously crap for a ORKO meta, especially compared to Alm with a unique refined Falchion using Windsweep just to make sure he doesn't take a counterattack against units who are slower than him and manage to survive, but certain maps, I could see it being useful at least as another option if Nowi doesn't work out.

Well, now I'm wondering if maybe I should wait for a +Atk, -HP F!Corrin and run a speed refined Dark Breath or go with +Spd, -HP and have her be even faster with a speed refine or increase her bulk with either a defense or resistance refine.

Since you are using Windsweep, she is not going to be killing anyone, so I would go with +Spd to make it easier for her to activate Windsweep.

15 hours ago, Nanima said:

So I pulled two female Grimas this LG. One is +Spd -HP and the other is +Def -Res. Obviously I am using the former. Now the question is what to do with the other one? Does anyone appreciate Res smoke or Cancel Affinity? Or should I just merge?

14 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Both Mathilda and Innes have Cancel Affinity, and while Innes is only available as a 5★, Mathilda is a rather common (for me, anyway) blue pull. Granted, you do have to upgrade her to 5★ before you can inherit Cancel Affinity 3, but to me that's a better option that sacrificing L!Robin for a skill that other units (including a 4★ unit!) already have.

Res Smoke 3 would be the skill to sacrifice her for, as it's unique to her. As to who to give it to? A dragon team would be able to get good usage out of it, I bet. Also mage units/teams. Keep in mind that Res Smoke only takes effect after combat, so putting it on a support unit that ideally doesn't see much combat obviously limits its usefulness. ...And yeah, that's all I've got. If anyone else wants to chime in with far better advice, please do.

I would go for Res Smoke too. I would use it on a Close Counter armor mage or a debuffer utilizing Sweep skills.

I want to build F!Corrin to 5*+10 now that I have her male counterpart at that level, but I'm trying to decide a good base. The 5*+1 that I already have is +Def/-Atk. I also have 4 4*:

+Res/-Spd

+Spd/-Def

+HP/-Atk

+Atk/-Spd

I'm leaning towards the +Spd/-Def one, or just holding out for a -HP bane to come along. Which is better?

3 hours ago, Tragonight said:

What's better for SP grinding: special training workout or Tharja's Awakening map?

I should not be saying this as a bookkeeper, but I am starting to get a little sick of math.

You may want to count the enemies yourself just to be safe.

The Workout: Special Training
15 Stamina
25 Enemies

Tharja: Awakening
15 Stamina
19+ (?) Enemies

In my opinion, Special Training is better. It is super annoying to count enemies on Tharja: Awakening because I am not sure if not killing Tharja/Rhajat immediately means the next Tharja/Rhajat would be delayed in spawning or not spawn entirely at all.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I want to build F!Corrin to 5*+10 now that I have her male counterpart at that level, but I'm trying to decide a good base. The 5*+1 that I already have is +Def/-Atk. I also have 4 4*:

+Res/-Spd

+Spd/-Def

+HP/-Atk

+Atk/-Spd

I'm leaning towards the +Spd/-Def one, or just holding out for a -HP bane to come along. Which is better?

I would go for the +Spd if you are using her for Player Phase. I would go for +Atk if you are using her for Enemy Phase.

F!Corrin +10
Dark Breath [Spd], Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +10 +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def] 137:5:91
Player Phase [+Atk, -Spd] 81:5:147
Player Phase [+HP -Atk] 79:4:150
Player Phase [+Res, -Spd] 64:4:165
Player Phase [+Atk, -Def] 129:5:99
Player Phase [+Atk, -Def, 4/4/0/0] 195:5:33
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def, 4/4/0/0] 175:5:53

+Spd with neutral Atk is best if not factoring in buffs, while +Atk with neutral Spd is best when factoring in buffs, so you might want to consider that if you pull one in the future.

F!Corrin +10
Lightning Breath [Spd], Bonfire
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Def] 142:4:87
Enemy Phase [+Atk, -Spd] 176:10:47
Enemy Phase [+HP -Atk] 121:3:109
Enemy Phase [+Res, -Spd] 147:8:78
Enemy Phase [+Atk, -HP] 180:5:48

F!Corrin +10
Lightning Breath [Def], Bonfire
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Close Def
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Def] 157:7:69
Enemy Phase [+Atk, -Spd] 172:23:38
Enemy Phase [+HP -Atk] 133:15:85
Enemy Phase [+Res, -Spd] 150:20:63
Enemy Phase [+Atk, -HP] 176:20:37

For F!Corrin on Enemy Phase, Atk seems to be generally more important than Spd. I did not factor in buffs though, so you may want to test things out further on your own.

Edited by XRay

So I did talk about needing a proper Raven mage, right? Well I just pulled a +Def -Spd Bunny!Camilla from the old banner. haha;;

I'm guessing she needs some form of Iote's Shield and QR . The question is, can she handle blue mages without B Tome Breaker or should I not even attempt to bait them with her low low res?

Raven + TA3 can actually be enough to tank an archer. That said Iote's Shield helps keep your QR up far more easily since most archers will be doing 0 damage at that point. Also makes it easier to handle charged specials from archers. Something like Brave Bow Klein will get to proc a special against you if you aren't running bow breaker so the extra padding is just nice. And yes as a slow EP unit she needs QR.

As for Blue mages if she has TA3 she can soak a hit if needed, but be aware that a strong one can break her QR. I have actually took some Green hits with her. However, that is with a Fort Fliers in place and against computer green mages and not arena built green mages.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Raven + TA3 can actually be enough to tank an archer. That said Iote's Shield helps keep your QR up far more easily since most archers will be doing 0 damage at that point. Also makes it easier to handle charged specials from archers. Something like Brave Bow Klein will get to proc a special against you if you aren't running bow breaker so the extra padding is just nice. And yes as a slow EP unit she needs QR.

As for Blue mages if she has TA3 she can soak a hit if needed, but be aware that a strong one can break her QR. I have actually took some Green hits with her. However, that is with a Fort Fliers in place and against computer green mages and not arena built green mages.

Ah thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

I'm here with another team-building advice request. I'm building a physical Flier Emblem team this time and I'm hoping for some input as to the choices I've made here. For those of you who prefer to read text:

Spoiler

Caeda [+ATK / -HP]
    ◉ Wing Sword (+Eff)
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Galeforce
    A: Swift Sparrow 2
    B: Desperation 3
    C: Goad Fliers
    S: Speed +3

Cordelia [+SPD / -HP]
    ◉ Brave Lance+
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Luna
    A: Life and Death 3
    B: Chill Spd
    S: Initiate Seal Spd 3 (Grants Spd +3)

Cherche [+ATK / -HP]
    ◉ Brave Axe+
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Aether
    A: Death Blow 3
    B: Hit and Run
    C: Fortify Fliers
    S: Heavy Blade 3

Kagero (Spring) [+RES / -DEF]
    ◉ Lethal Carrot+ (+SPD)
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Glimmer
    A: Spd/Res Bond 3
    C: Hone Fliers
    S: Squad Ace D 1 (Grants Spd +3)

For those of you who are more visually inclined:

Spoiler

E9fuYq0.png

Edited by Reddazrael

2 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Caeda [+ATK / -HP]
    ◉ Wing Sword (+Eff)
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Galeforce

Cordelia [+SPD / -HP]
    ◉ Brave Lance+
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Luna

Cherche [+ATK / -HP]
    ◉ Brave Axe+
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Aether

◉ Lethal Carrot+ (+SPD)
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Glimmer

For Cordelia, I assume you will be switching Brave Lance to Firesweep L since you are Speed stacking her. If you want her to keep Brave Lance, I recommend running a +Atk nature and/or Attack +3 Sacred Seal, as well as switching Luna to Escutcheon and Chill Speed to Desperation.

For Cherche, if you are not using the team for Arena, I would switch Aether out for Moonbow or Ignis. Aether's charge is too long and it does not deal enough damage and Cherche is likely going to kill whatever that is attacking in two hits, so she is unlikely going to need Aether's healing. I would personally go with Moonbow since she can activate it during every round of combat; anything that requires Ignis to be killed is probably better off being handled by Cherche's teammates instead.

Does Drive Res 2 score the same amount of arena points as the highest scoring C skills?

And if anyone knows, can someone list all of the highest-scoring C skills? Not needed but I'd be grateful for it, thanks in advance.

45 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Does Drive Res 2 score the same amount of arena points as the highest scoring C skills?

And if anyone knows, can someone list all of the highest-scoring C skills? Not needed but I'd be grateful for it, thanks in advance.

Yes, Drive Res is one of the highest scoring C skills. I think you are looking this Passive list page on the Wiki. You can sort them by SP cost.

Currently, the highest scoring inheritable A, B, and C skills are 240 SP, with the famous exception of Close Counter and Distant Counter which are 300 SP.

@Poimagic Thanks for your input! I honestly loathe Fury's damage cost. Maybe I'm just not good enough to make proper use of it. I'll give it a shot, though.

@XRay I really appreciate the time you took to analyze my team. Yes, I did plan to stay with Brave Lance+ Cordelia, so I'll take your advice and do a +ATK build instead. As for Cherche, I see your point about Aether, and I'll try Moonbow on her as per your suggestion for its quick cooldown. I might eventually go with Ignis based on need, but like you said, if it requires Ignis to kill then it's probably an enemy best left to someone else. :) Thanks again!

35 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

How much B!Lyn cares about her Res? I just got a +Atk -Res one and I want to merge the free neutral one into the new one but the super bane makes me hesitate.

Brave bow her. Res is irrelevant if you're running a player phase set that's brave bow. Mulagir is good enough to cancel bladetome effects if you're on a budget

24 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Brave bow her. Res is irrelevant if you're running a player phase set that's brave bow. Mulagir is good enough to cancel bladetome effects if you're on a budget

True, I was planning on doing the evil Firesweep variant but waiting for a Faye is not optimal. I'll sacrifice a Gordin after the arena feathers then. Thanks!

Just now, Alexmender said:

True, I was planning on doing the evil Firesweep variant but waiting for a Faye is not optimal. I'll sacrifice a Gordin after the arena feathers then. Thanks!

Oh, Firesweep bow. I keep forgetting that it exists since Faye is 5* exclusive

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

How much B!Lyn cares about her Res? I just got a +Atk -Res one and I want to merge the free neutral one into the new one but the super bane makes me hesitate.

If you are running Brave Bow, due to the prevalence of lolis, -Res is her best bane in my opinion so she can keep her physical bulk intact. I would also watch out for armor mages since some of them have the bulk to survive, although they cannot kill you without Bowbreaker.

If you plan to run Firesweep eventually, -HP/Def would be better since you can use the Res for running Ploys.

Edited by XRay

Would it be worth putting defense ploy on a -res Sakura? I could always just give her one of my res seals if necessary, but is 31 res still enough to catch most things that she care about assuming that enemies have neutral res?

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Would it be worth putting defense ploy on a -res Sakura? I could always just give her one of my res seals if necessary, but is 31 res still enough to catch most things that she care about assuming that enemies have neutral res?

The best way to say for certain is to check the stats of units you tend to see (though this mostly applies to Arena).

21 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

I'm here with another team-building advice request. I'm building a physical Flier Emblem team this time and I'm hoping for some input as to the choices I've made here. For those of you who prefer to read text:

Hide contents

Caeda [+ATK / -HP]
    ◉ Wing Sword (+Eff)
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Galeforce

Cordelia [+SPD / -HP]
    ◉ Brave Lance+
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Luna

Cherche [+ATK / -HP]
    ◉ Brave Axe+
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Aether

◉ Lethal Carrot+ (+SPD)
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Glimmer

For those of you who are more visually inclined:

Hide contents

E9fuYq0.png

In addition to what @XRay and @Poimagic wrote: 

While Kagero could tank some magic and thus profits from Fortify Fliers, the other two (Cordelia and Caeda) are build for offense and don't exactly need defensive buffs. Perhaps four times Goad Fliers would be better. Hone Fliers without a Bladetome unit on the team seems overly expensive (Kagero already comes with Goad). 

Desperation is for Player Phase units, while the Bond skill on Kagero and Fortify Fliers on Cherche are telling you want to use Kagero also as a tank. While this will work in many situations, I tend to optimize for one phase (EP or PP). LnD plus Desperation for PP. Bond/Swift Stance plus Guard/Chill SPD for EP. 

Since you'll have 2-3 Desperation units on the team, Wings of Magic on Cherche can be useful. It depends on your playstyle if this or Hit and Run will serve you better. Btw, in Arena I used Axebreaker on her to kill 99% blue and 90% green units for some time. 

You wrote you dislike Fury for it's after battle damage, but on Cordelia it's very useful with a Slaying Lance (+SPD). She will have 1-2 very good Enemy Phases and have Desperation ready faster because of the after battle damage. (You could even run her with Flyer Formation or Wings of Mercy instead of Desperation because she wouldn't die so fast).