"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Again...very long-term stuff, but it's worth keeping in mind if you're interested in AA score optimization.

I'm interested, but to realistically work towards that goal a lot of things have to become much cheaper. 

Btw: While I wasn't a big fan of the change how blessings affect AA scoring, AA became a little more interesting this week. It made me use a lot of benched units in new formations, leaving a lot of my (less interesting) hard counters (i.e. sword Infantry with Axebreaker) unused. 

Now make it easier to get legendary units, IS!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

How does Death Blow factor in to Heavy Blade activation? 

Death Blow alters your attack stat by increasing it. It's considered a combat buff. Heavy Blade works regardless if your atk stat has been altered by field and/or combat buffs. That is if your atk manages to be higher than your opponent's.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Death Blow alters your attack stat by increasing it. It's considered a combat buff. Heavy Blade works regardless if your atk stat has been altered by field and/or combat buffs. That is if your atk manages to be higher than your opponent's.

So if a unit has 51 base Attack and runs Death Blow 3, Heavy Blade activates if the opponent's attack stat is under 57?

Just now, Charmeleonbrah said:

So if a unit has 51 base Attack and runs Death Blow 3, Heavy Blade activates if the opponent's attack stat is under 57?

Yes. But bladetomes don't mean you get extra atk. Bladetomes allow you to deal extra damage

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Yes. But bladetomes don't mean you get extra atk. Bladetomes allow you to deal extra damage

Litrblade's effect does count as extra Atk. The skill description in English is incorrect (it's correct in Japanese). The extra Atk from the effect is affected by weapon triangle advantage and disadvantage and does count for skills, like Heavy Blade or Dragon Fang.

@Charmeleonbrah

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

wLitrblade's effect does count as extra Atk. The skill description in English is incorrect (it's correct in Japanese). The extra Atk from the effect is affected by weapon triangle advantage and disadvantage and does count for skills, like Heavy Blade or Dragon Fang.

@Charmeleonbrah

Wut! Goddamn translators. Thanks Ice :)

@Charmeleonbrah Sorry for spreading misinformation 

42 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Wut! Goddamn translators. Thanks Ice :)

Yeah, my confidence in them decreases with every update, it seems, even if it's just digging up things that they translated ages ago.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, my confidence in them decreases with every update, it seems, even if it's just digging up things that they translated ages ago.

Maybe we can all send feedback and ask them to remove Treehouse and stop them from mutilating Heroes' localization further.

Even if Treehouse continues their work on Heroes, with enough complaints, hopefully Nintendo will stop using Treehouse from localizing future Fire Emblem titles again.

49 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If I have a Roy using Swordbreaker and he engages Nowi who also has swordbreaker, will they cancel out or will Nowi's go through since she's not a sword user?

Roy's doesn't activate at all because Nowi isn't a sword user.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Odd question, but what is generally done about the two Veteran units?

Like, if you get a good natured Gunter, do you feel it be worth investing in him?

...fine I'll be specific. I got a +Def -Spd Gunter, and I kinda merged the Gunter I used during his Three Heroes quests into him, and he's 4*. On one hand I'm not so invested in Gunter that I'd promote him and give him expensive skills, plus I'm not exactly shy on Gunters if I just wanted to 4* +10 him, but on the other he has pretty good physical bulk and default Hone Cavalry, so he wouldn't be the worst investment I ever made. I feel I could build him to be just as bulky as some of my other Greens if I really wanted to.

Ice Dragon is indecisive again.

I now have a [+Spd, -Res] and a [+Spd, -Def] regular Azura that I can use as the merge base for a +10. I was originally gunning to replace my existing [+Spd, -Def] Azura with the new [+Spd, -Res] base for better performance against melee-range units, but after noticing that her Res is actually decent enough (but only barely) to run Ploy skills, I'm not quite so sure.

There's also the fact that both Performing Arts Azura and New Year Azura both have [+Spd, -Def] as their recommended nature on Gamepedia, citing that their Def stats are already quite low, but regular Azura has [+Spd, -Res] citing that keeping her Def intact helps her melee match-ups... despite all three versions having almost the same stat line.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Odd question, but what is generally done about the two Veteran units?

Like, if you get a good natured Gunter, do you feel it be worth investing in him?

...fine I'll be specific. I got a +Def -Spd Gunter, and I kinda merged the Gunter I used during his Three Heroes quests into him, and he's 4*. On one hand I'm not so invested in Gunter that I'd promote him and give him expensive skills, plus I'm not exactly shy on Gunters if I just wanted to 4* +10 him, but on the other he has pretty good physical bulk and default Hone Cavalry, so he wouldn't be the worst investment I ever made. I feel I could build him to be just as bulky as some of my other Greens if I really wanted to.

Gunter runs a pretty decent slow Ignis set with Killer Axe or Slaying Axe. Jagen does the same with Glacies.

Gunter is pretty much out-done by Frederick, though, who does pretty much the same thing, but better. However, Jagen is the only lance cavalry with his stat spread, and he can either stack all the Res he can get for a massive Glacies hit or run a mixed bulk set by putting his boon and refine into Def.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thoughts?

Depends on how you use them.

I prefer my Dancers/Singers to be more supportive than offensive, so they run buffs and Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept. Giving them additional Ploy duty would be too much for them to juggle in my opinion.

On the other hand, I think Ploys are mot suited for offensive Dancers/Singers since they will be more detached from their allies and they can also take advantage of the debuffs themselves as well.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ice Dragon is indecisive again.

I now have a [+Spd, -Res] and a [+Spd, -Def] regular Azura that I can use as the merge base for a +10. I was originally gunning to replace my existing [+Spd, -Def] Azura with the new [+Spd, -Res] base for better performance against melee-range units, but after noticing that her Res is actually decent enough (but only barely) to run Ploy skills, I'm not quite so sure.

There's also the fact that both Performing Arts Azura and New Year Azura both have [+Spd, -Def] as their recommended nature on Gamepedia, citing that their Def stats are already quite low, but regular Azura has [+Spd, -Res] citing that keeping her Def intact helps her melee match-ups... despite all three versions having almost the same stat line.

Thoughts?

I don't have Vanilla Azura, but if I had to speculate the difference in recommended banes I'd have to guess color. The green Azuras have a decent enough resistance to handle the blue dragons like the ever annoying Nowi (at least in my experience, the upper tiers of the arena might be a different story), while for reds I feel like swords are more common (plus the red dragons I believe are easier to deal with), hence the different bane for blue Azura. If I had the choice I'd go with resistance but again this is all very speculative/theoretical on my end.

I do have a question for y'all: I've pulled a +def/-atk Charlotte and am trying to figure out how I want to build her. Right now I'm leaning towards an enemy phase build vaguely similar to my Marisa one, giving her a slaying lance (speed refine), warding breath (I don't currently have a spare B!Ike and the extra resistance could be useful against manaketes), Wrath, and the Quick Riposte sacred seal. What I'm stuck on is her special. I'm torn between Luna and Aether; Luna looks better for offense, but I like the idea of her being more self-sustaining. What do y'all think?

Is Dierdre even still relevant? I tried her against the Manakete squad some time back and against a few dragon units later. Haven't really used her much since those scrapes/failures

36 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I don't have Vanilla Azura, but if I had to speculate the difference in recommended banes I'd have to guess color.

Actually, the difference is almost certainly because the build was added on May 5th of last year (2017) and has not been changed since then.

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

Is Dierdre even still relevant? I tried her against the Manakete squad some time back and against a few dragon units later. Haven't really used her much since those scrapes/failures

She's great in Arena Assault for deleting dragons.

Her default Spd Ploy is a good support skill on a budget, especially coming off of her 35 neutral Res. If you aren't at the levels of the Arena where everything is an armor, she's good for removing enemy blue mages, but she struggles against Fjorm.

4 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I do have a question for y'all: I've pulled a +def/-atk Charlotte and am trying to figure out how I want to build her. Right now I'm leaning towards an enemy phase build vaguely similar to my Marisa one, giving her a slaying lance (speed refine), warding breath (I don't currently have a spare B!Ike and the extra resistance could be useful against manaketes), Wrath, and the Quick Riposte sacred seal. What I'm stuck on is her special. I'm torn between Luna and Aether; Luna looks better for offense, but I like the idea of her being more self-sustaining. What do y'all think?

Wrath seems not worth on that -Atk IV. I assume that you are making her similar to Shiro or Lukas, right?

Her Def is quite high with +Def boon but not that high like those 2 above so don't expect that she will always survive but she benefit with her quite high Spd to prevent some double. Luna would be good for AA or any short battle. Aether is more useful if she fight multiple enemy and add your score. If possible - HP or -Res would be more ideal.

Edited by Ginko

I've got some weapon fodder that I'd like to use. I don't mind letting the fodder sit around for a little while longer, but I'd also kind of like to use it so it's just taking up space anymore. I've got a Karel to give someone Wo Dao+ and a spare Raven to give someone Brave Axe+. 

For Wo Dao, at the moment, I'm considering, Cain, Navarre, Palla, Seth, and Soleil. I've already given Wo Dao to my Olivia a while back. Cain is someone I'm interested in investing in just because I like the Archanea characters. Same with Navarre. I know he's not optimal, but I like his art, and he's cool. I'm actually fine with the weapons Palla, Seth, and Soleil have, but I've seen them all with Wo Dao builds before that aren't bad. 

Brave Axe is a little trickier. I considered giving it to Gerome, but I already have a Brave Axe Cherche...and they'd essentially be identical. Poleaxe is niche, but at least it gives him a different role. I'm also considering Spring Chrom, Hawkeye, and Groom Marth. Spring Chrom is +SPD, so even with the -5 penalty, he could potentially get some quads in with LaD, buffs, and whatnot. Groom Marth seems like he'd do fine, but I like the buffing his Cake Slicer of Love does, so I'm not sure I could part with it. I pulled a +ATK -SPD Hawkeye FOREVER ago and have done NOTHING with him. He's got pretty good attack, and he's already so slow that the penalty isn't that bad. He's already got Deathblow, so why not? 

I'm open for other suggestions too. If a character has a pref weapon, I tend not to stray from that. There are also some cahracters that I probably won't build beyond budget builds, like my Frederick (who I just need to kill armors). 

49 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For Wo Dao, at the moment, I'm considering, Cain, Navarre, Palla, Seth, and Soleil.

I don't know about the others, but Navarre seems like a candidate for a future prf. Also a Wo Dao build wouldn't play fundamentally different from a Slaying edge build and he comes already with Killing edge+. 

54 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm also considering Spring Chrom, Hawkeye, and Groom Marth.

Marths Cake slicer is pretty cool. It can be refined (for stats) and with a seal he can buff 3 stats on a mixed team while still being able use Reposition (instead of Rally). 

I was going to say Frederick, but keeping his Hammer for AA is perhaps a good decision. In TTs I ran him with Brave Axe and he did an awesome job. You could run him with two different weapons for the different game modes. 

I'm hesitant giving melee infantry units a super offensive set, since usually flyers and Cavs do a better job. From a synergistical standpoint Hawkeye would be a good decision, since like you said he comes already with DB3 and is slow as hell. 

Quads are very cool (I need them to proc GF), but they come into play very seldom. I was disappointed most of the times from my first quad builds (Hana and Innes). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know about the others, but Navarre seems like a candidate for a future prf. Also a Wo Dao build wouldn't play fundamentally different from a Slaying edge build and he comes already with Killing edge+. 

Scarlet Sword without a scarlet sword is blasphemy.

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Charlotte is too slow to use reliably on player phase without additional skills that boost her Spd, but I do agree with the Spd refine to help prevent doubles. For an enemy-phase build, I'd go with Aether since she'll always activate it on her second counterattack, and it deals the same damage as Luna.

Everything else looks solid.