"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

Of my two Ninians, which one has the best stat set? One is +ATK/-RES and the other is +SPD/-HP.

Also, is Vantage good for any unit, or is it better to place it on non-ranged or ranged units instead? I have units like Nino, Ninian, Linde, Lyn, Lilina, Caeda, Julia, and Felicia that I thought it could be useful for but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting it though I tend to pull a lot of 4* Lon'qu. (watch me jinx myself)

I would go +Spd personally, as it saves her from being doubled by a fair amount of units.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Of my two Ninians, which one has the best stat set? One is +ATK/-RES and the other is +SPD/-HP.

Also, is Vantage good for any unit, or is it better to place it on non-ranged or ranged units instead? I have units like Nino, Ninian, Linde, Lyn, Lilina, Caeda, Julia, and Felicia that I thought it could be useful for but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting it though I tend to pull a lot of 4* Lon'qu. (watch me jinx myself)

I'm actually going to say +Atk instead of +Spd. Neutral Ninian has 33 spd whereas +Spd Ninian has 36. This difference is barely noticeable as the only things able to double you are units with 38 Spd or more, which very few units have. The only major threats that would double you are Nino and Linde, and while those are certainly common threats, in general +Spd won't save you from much. 

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Skills that are dependent on HP% always check the HP before combat, not during. So if you have a -breaker skill and get attacked below half, you will still do your follow-up attack if possible.

Then is it the same timing for Darting Blow/Warding Blow? 

Such as, if I have Warding Blow(+res on attack) and I activate the skill Glacies(+80% of my res) will Warding Blow add to my combat damage?

A wild F!Corring appears!

But seriously, am I the only one who got a free 4-star hero out of nowhere just now? I think it was labeled something like "Android Exclusive Promotion" or something like that. And it isn't hinted at in the notificatons.

Hey guys, i rolled an +atk -spd 5* Eirika that puts her on 32 speed at level 40.. i was just wondering if darting blow would be a good skill since she lacks speed to double or armored blow for dueling?

I welcome other suggestions for her "A" slot :)

Thanks in advance! 

Pulled a 5* -SPD +DEF Karel. Salvageable or Wo Dao+ fodder? (Though to be fair, I don't really have any other decent sword users right now so I'm thinking of passing on Darting Blow to help his case, even though that means removing Defiant Attack so I'm not sure it's a good idea.)

Would also appreciate some advice on what units to include for the armour, cavalry and flying unit teams for the Training Tower Tenth Stratum missions.

Spoiler

cDSXlWa.png?1

Armours: I really don't have much choice here, so the only question is, which is better between -ATK +SPD (lol) 4* Draug and -HP +RES 3* Gwendolyn assuming I never promote Gwendolyn to 4*? Because I really don't want to waste 2k feathers on her. I'm leaning towards Gwendolyn because lol +SPD.

Cavalry: I'm definitely including Reinhardt since he's already level 40. For the rest I'm thinking Stahl, Gunter, and either Cecilia or Jagen (3* Cecilia is +SPD -ATK so I'm not sure whether I should raise the neutral Hero Battle one instead). On Gunter specifically: one of the 3*s is +ATK -DEF, the other is -ATK +RES. Which is better for him, or back to Hero Battle neutral again?

Spoiler

okXRDgA.png?1

Definitely using Cordelia and Camilla, no idea for the other two. Palla is -ATK +HP unfortunately. I guess I'm prepared to let Cordelia and Camilla carry the team for the most part, I'm just worried about axe armours since they're both pretty lame against them. I so regret merging my other 5* Cordelia even though she was -SPD +HP...

Not including screenies for the infantry because too freaking many of them, but does a team of 5* Klein, 5* Tharja, 4* Sharena and Olivia sound decent? I was also considering 4* Anna somewhere but I'm not sure who to sub over. I'm a lot less concerned about this team though, at least I have plenty of choices.

Thanks!

Does Est have any worth to her? Like, can she be a good unit or can any of her skills be handy on other characters later? I'm not sure I want to use her, her def looks absolutely horrible. The one I pulled has 3 def and she's 4 star...

5 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Other people, including me, also got her.

Good thing I haven't raised my F Corrin, who has a bad IV.

Ooh. 

Can anyone confirm getting this promotion if you log in via Nox? I mainly play on iOS but I record arena runs via Nox so I would think so.

Regarding F!Corrin, which is better, neutral or +Hp/-Atk?

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ooh. 

Can anyone confirm getting this promotion if you log in via Nox? I mainly play on iOS but I record arena runs via Nox so I would think so.

I got F!Corrin and I use Bluestacks. Since Nox is also an Android emulator, I'd assume you'd get her on there.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Who are good counters to fast mages like Linde and Tharja? I am getting sick of seeing Linde constantly 1-round too many things.

I usually just power up Nino enough to oneshot Linde. Works like a charm.

last time I faced Tharja in the arena Reinhard destroyed her, though I'm p sure that was a 4* Tharja. Idk how well Rein can take hits from a 5* (not very boosted, it's AI) Tharja but the 4* didn't do much damage to him at all so I'd think he should be able to survive the 2 hits from even a 5*. If you can get the initiative on her though she's down.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, when do you reckon the first bow cav will appear in the drawing pool? Because I can't figure out how to counter them with all pegs and I want to know how long I have to come up with a plan.

I've no idea when but I hope it will be Midir, because come on.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, when do you reckon the first bow cav will appear in the drawing pool? Because I can't figure out how to counter them with all pegs and I want to know how long I have to come up with a plan.

What fliers are you using?

Fliers with Brave weapons, like Cordelia and Camilla, are very proficient at moving past the enemy's frontline and taking down  archers in one round. It's a very risky strategy, sure, and you need +Atk stat variance on your flier and perhaps a buff from Hone Fliers, but there isn't much else that can be done.

Although when Michalis drops next week, you can either use him as bait with Iote's Shield (35 Def at 5* with no bow weakness) or pass it to another flier.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Neutral, since her Atk is naturally low.

And thanks!

Thanks. Seems the bonus Corrin will have a use for me.

I guess I'll use the -Atk one to give someone Draconic Aura or Hone Atk. 

And you're welcome!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

IIRC, they were going to run Caeda and the Whitewings.

Caeda seems popular in the arena. Any reason why? I mean, Klein swats her like a gnat every time she tries anything, and with the Takumi spam... I mean, I can understand Camilla, who is a total powerhouse as well as Minerva, but other fliers should be weak at the moment, am I wrong?

Just now, Effies_Home said:

Caeda seems popular in the arena. Any reason why? I mean, Klein swats her like a gnat every time she tries anything, and with the Takumi spam... I mean, I can understand Camilla, who is a total powerhouse as well as Minerva, but other fliers should be weak at the moment, am I wrong?

I'm not a fan of Caeda either. Despite her armorslayer, her defenses aren't very adequate to face armored units. This applies to Est too.

Palla and Catria, on the other hand, are solid. Palla has Goad Fliers and Triangle Adept while Catria is a great tank that can trade and beat a number of popular picks 1v1.

If I were building an all-flier team, ideally I would take those two, any  flier with a brave weapon, and Hinoka for Hone Fliers support. All we really need is Iote's Shield and archers won't be as nearly a crippling weakness as they are now.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

What fliers are you using?

Fliers with Brave weapons, like Cordelia and Camilla, are very proficient at moving past the enemy's frontline and taking down  archers in one round. It's a very risky strategy, sure, and you need +Atk stat variance on your flier and perhaps a buff from Hone Fliers, but there isn't much else that can be done.

Although when Michalis drops next week, you can either use him as bait with Iote's Shield (35 Def at 5* with no bow weakness) or pass it to another flier.

A strategy like that is basically how I plan to deal with infantry archers. Horseback archers present more of a problem because fliers, sadly, lack the move needed.

Iote's Shield is going to be a massive blessing. If I can get both Michalises, Iote's Shield will basically be mandatory for one of my pegs. Depends on who can make room in the 'A' slot, and which one would be wise to claim it.

@Effies_Home, I run pegs because I tend to have great luck with pegs in traditional Fire Emblem, and I've managed to have great luck with them in Heroes despite the game taking away most of the luck from the gameplay. Plus, it'll help with the flier missions in both the March Lunatic and the Tower missions. (They're not going to be ready in time, but still...)

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm not a fan of Caeda either. Despite her armorslayer, her defenses aren't very adequate to face armored units. This applies to Est too.

What about a silver sword on Caeda or a killing edge with a decent special? The same for Est, a silver or a killer lance with a special.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

What about a silver sword on Caeda or a killing edge with a decent special? The same for Est, a silver or a killer axe with a special.

*Lance, but the idea is sound. Two armourslayers are just ridiculous anyway.

I have a Fir ready for Caeda to maybe benefit from the Killing Edge and Glacies (she seems to have nice Res), though I wonder where Est's lance is going to come from. Effie, maybe...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What about a silver sword on Caeda or a killing edge with a decent special? The same for Est, a silver or a killer axe with a special.

Tends not to matter when they hit my Effie for a respectable 20 damage and then get erased from this plane of existence by her return attack.

Just now, Effies_Home said:

Tends not to matter when they hit my Effie for a respectable 20 damage and then get erased from this plane of existence by her return attack.

Well, duh. Effie's a brick wall with a punch of an express train.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You forgot bow cavs

Woops, my bad. Well, there a quite a few maps where you can bait them behind obstacles like walls or forests. It requires some finesse in movement  but being able to catch them by surprise over a mountain or something is valuable.