"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So today I had an incredible off-banner 5* pull in the form of Hector. He has completely neutral IVs. I already had Hector but his IVs were less than ideal (+HP -Atk). However, I have already invested into my previous Hector a lot that foddering him off would make me lose a lot of skills, as well as a fire blessing. Then again, merging to +1 would be a huge waste, ESPECIALLY for Distant Counter fodder. So which Hector do I fodder off, the heavily-invested bad IV one, or the brand-new neutral IV one?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I do have a question for y'all: I've pulled a +def/-atk Charlotte and am trying to figure out how I want to build her. Right now I'm leaning towards an enemy phase build vaguely similar to my Marisa one, giving her a slaying lance (speed refine), warding breath (I don't currently have a spare B!Ike and the extra resistance could be useful against manaketes), Wrath, and the Quick Riposte sacred seal. What I'm stuck on is her special. I'm torn between Luna and Aether; Luna looks better for offense, but I like the idea of her being more self-sustaining. What do y'all think?

For Arena, unless you need Aether for scoring, I would go with Luna/Bonfire for performance since sustainability should not be an issue.

For Rival Domains and Grand Conquest, I would go with Aether since sustainability is much more important, as you need to hold your ground and constantly move forward.

For regular PvE content, if you prefer slower battles, then Aether would be better for sustainability.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For Wo Dao, at the moment, I'm considering, Cain, Navarre, Palla, Seth, and Soleil. I've already given Wo Dao to my Olivia a while back. Cain is someone I'm interested in investing in just because I like the Archanea characters. Same with Navarre. I know he's not optimal, but I like his art, and he's cool. I'm actually fine with the weapons Palla, Seth, and Soleil have, but I've seen them all with Wo Dao builds before that aren't bad. 

They all got pretty decent default Weapons in my opinion, so I would just save it.

If you must fodder it between Cain and Navarre, I would prioritize Navarre since Cain is already bonkers (Moonbow-Quickened Pulse and Hone Cavalry buffs). Navarre needs a little more help in my opinion since he does not have access to natures.

Cain +Atk, -Res
Brave Sword, Moonbow
Death Blow
Quickened Pulse
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Player Phase 139:88:32
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 203:37:19

Navarre
Slaying Edge [Spd], Luna
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Player Phase 122:23:114
Player Phase [4/4/0/0] 189:23:47
Player Phase [Wo Dao [Spd], Moonbow] 131:23:105
Player Phase [Wo Dao [Spd], Moonbow, 4/4/0/0] 194:23:42

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Brave Axe is a little trickier. I considered giving it to Gerome, but I already have a Brave Axe Cherche...and they'd essentially be identical. Poleaxe is niche, but at least it gives him a different role. I'm also considering Spring Chrom, Hawkeye, and Groom Marth. Spring Chrom is +SPD, so even with the -5 penalty, he could potentially get some quads in with LaD, buffs, and whatnot. Groom Marth seems like he'd do fine, but I like the buffing his Cake Slicer of Love does, so I'm not sure I could part with it. I pulled a +ATK -SPD Hawkeye FOREVER ago and have done NOTHING with him. He's got pretty good attack, and he's already so slow that the penalty isn't that bad. He's already got Deathblow, so why not? 

I would go with Gerome or Hawkeye.

Poleaxe is nice, but unlike armor units, cavalry units are not particularly difficult to kill in my opinion, so I think Brave Axe is generally better for Gerome. Having units with redundant builds also is not a bad idea, especially for Arena Assault.

I personally went with Slaying Axe-Triangle Adept-Quick Riposte for Hawkeye and use him as a blue melee counter, but Brave Axe should also work as well when paired with Death Blow.

1 minute ago, sdgj1994 said:

So today I had an incredible off-banner 5* pull in the form of Hector. He has completely neutral IVs. I already had Hector but his IVs were less than ideal (+HP -Atk). However, I have already invested into my previous Hector a lot that foddering him off would make me lose a lot of skills, as well as a fire blessing. Then again, merging to +1 would be a huge waste, ESPECIALLY for Distant Counter fodder. So which Hector do I fodder off, the heavily-invested bad IV one, or the brand-new neutral IV one?

Unless you need Hector in Arena or something similarly demanding, -Atk is not that big of a deal in most PvE content and you can just fodder the new copy. If you are using Hector in Arena, merging is not a waste since you also get a better score in return, although it might be not noticeable with just +1, but you have to start from somewhere.

Edited by XRay

50 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Personally, I will keep the new one and fodder the old one. Depend on how expensive you have built on the old one. If you did not invest too expensive skill like Bold Fighter or something exclusive, you may let go of him. Unless there is something expensive on him, then you should merge him... and pray that you will get him soon for Distant Counter fodder. 

Weight your decision and think carefully, good luck.

Edited by Ginko

Well I finally pulled an Elise this week. +RES/-DEF. Now I have neither Wrathful or Dazzling fodder so I can't do the Wrathful+Dazzling combo. So instead I will have to settle for Wrathful Whatever/Desperation or Dazzling Pain/Whatever/Savage Blow/Savage Blow. And between those two Wrathful/Desperation is much more tempting to me since it means I can play with her native staff or any other staff that interests me. For wrathful c-Skill is obviously team dependent, though horse buffs are an obvious venture. The A skill is where I am getting stuck. Given that I need to run her with Desperation the 3 freebie Brazen-ATK/SPD is very tempting. The problem of course is she is incredibly frail.

So I suppose the question is, for those of you with Elise what have you done with her?

29 minutes ago, Usana said:

Well I finally pulled an Elise this week. +RES/-DEF. Now I have neither Wrathful or Dazzling fodder so I can't do the Wrathful+Dazzling combo. So instead I will have to settle for Wrathful Whatever/Desperation or Dazzling Pain/Whatever/Savage Blow/Savage Blow. And between those two Wrathful/Desperation is much more tempting to me since it means I can play with her native staff or any other staff that interests me. For wrathful c-Skill is obviously team dependent, though horse buffs are an obvious venture. The A skill is where I am getting stuck. Given that I need to run her with Desperation the 3 freebie Brazen-ATK/SPD is very tempting. The problem of course is she is incredibly frail.

So I suppose the question is, for those of you with Elise what have you done with her?

I would go for [Pain [Dazzling]-Savage Blow-Savage Blow] since it is safer and not dependent on your HP to work.

[Gravity/Pain [Wrathful], Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation, Speed +3] is harder to set up and it might not be practical depending on your Arena tier.

Basically, if you are in the Arena score range where Brave Bow is viable, then Wrathful Staff would be fine, as there would be plenty of mages around for you to safely eat a counter from. If you are in higher score ranges, you may want to consider Dazzling Staff instead.

I gave up on Brave Bow-Desperation on my BH!Lyn around the 710 range as eating a counter simply is not feasible at that point, especially when teams run multiple dragons and got Fortify Dragons or Ward Dragons. Elise will have even more trouble as her physical bulk is really low as you have mentioned, so she might not survive a hit.

51 minutes ago, Usana said:

Do you have a spare Takumi? She can run Wrathful Pain+ ,Miracle, Close Counter, Vantage and double Salvage Blow to the great effect.

12 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Do you have a spare Takumi? She can run Wrathful Pain+ ,Miracle, Close Counter, Vantage and double Salvage Blow to the great effect.

Well that is an interesting thought. I don't think I ever used our Freebie so there should be a Takumi in my Barracks somewhere.

@XRay I forgot to mention that she will probably serve more for GHB/Tempest/etc more than Arena. We have gotten to a point of point inflation that I can't stay at 19.5 without paying close attention to score range. A ranged cavalry that I can't merge is pretty much out of the question for arena for me.

2 hours ago, Usana said:

You can never go wrong with Dazzling Gravity. I've won a multitude of Arena Assault matches by simply dropping Gravities and Repositioning her back, granted I'm in the score range that only sees armors, Legendary Heroes, and Myrrh.

I honestly wouldn't bother with Desperation since her default Live to Serve is better in general.

Since you don't have access to Wrathful Staff as a passive B skill, I'd run

Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff]
Recover+
Kindled-Fire Balm / Miracle
Attack +3 / Speed +3
Live to Serve 3
Savage Blow 3 / Hone Cavalry
Savage Blow 3

Double Savage Blow combos nicely with Gravity preventing the opponent from getting near you and makes up for the loss of damage from not having Wrathful Staff.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Well that is an interesting thought. I don't think I ever used our Freebie so there should be a Takumi in my Barracks somewhere.

@XRay I forgot to mention that she will probably serve more for GHB/Tempest/etc more than Arena. We have gotten to a point of point inflation that I can't stay at 19.5 without paying close attention to score range. A ranged cavalry that I can't merge is pretty much out of the question for arena for me.

In that case, either build is fine. I personally lean towards Wrathful Staff since most enemies have pretty crap vanilla builds and Distant Counter is much less common.

9 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

Depends on what you put on him, but most of Hector's most popular skills can be inherited from 4* units (Bonfire, Vantage, Hone/Fortify Armor).  I would NOT merge, because DC is an amazing Slot A skill for certain units (WT Reinhardt, Myrrh, Amelia, Effie).

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gunter runs a pretty decent slow Ignis set with Killer Axe or Slaying Axe. Jagen does the same with Glacies.

Gunter is pretty much out-done by Frederick, though, who does pretty much the same thing, but better. However, Jagen is the only lance cavalry with his stat spread, and he can either stack all the Res he can get for a massive Glacies hit or run a mixed bulk set by putting his boon and refine into Def.

I know Freddy is better... as in, Gunter's boons are Fredericks bases at 5* ln 40... but I also have Frederick in the role of Brave Axe+, and switching between offense and defense would be a pain since I don't know what will be most effective in AA at a given time.

But I did come to a difference conclusion... Gunter is a Veteran.

Veterans do not sparkle. And I got too many Gunters from my Mass Summoning today.

...so this is what it feels like to have a 4* +10, eh...

Edited by Xenomata

@Ice Dragon@XRay@Ginko Thanks for the input. I'll save the Brazen skills for someone else then. Still running desperation in the TT though since Jaffar is my bonus guy. And he is already built on max savageness. Did give her Savage Blow on C. I don't like Camilla enough to make her a +10 project and I have a number of her sitting around so Savage is easily come by. Plus it is a lot easier for her to earn SP with wrathful refine since killing stuff is actually possible without hoop jumping. I did have a thought though. If I ever get Chill Attack or Chill Speed that could be an interesting BSkill for her Dazzling build since she wouldn't really need her B. Would rather run a Dazzling/Wrathful combo though so if I do get the Chill's I'll probably save them for someone else.

Anyways my TT orbs were going toward trying to get Bridal Ninian. Technically don't need more dancers, particularly since blue is a highly contested flyer color, but still I like Ninian in general. Got yet another Bridal Sanaki. That makes 3 Sanaki's and 0 everything else. However, I am not disappointed. +HP/-ATK, +RES/-SPD, and now finally +ATK/-DEF. The real question is merge or fodder the other two? Just merge one for the Attack point? Also I suppose maybe someone thinks +ATK isn't he best of them.  Figure I'll just do a fairly default res tank build regardless of boon/bane. I mean between her tome/a skill/b skill that is like +17 RES, yes? Just gotta give her a special and a C skill.

@Usana +Atk Bridal Sanaki is her best version for one-shot build and her default Res is high more than enough to be a magic tank. You may considering to fodder Atk/Res bond if you want to build another ranged-unit to be a mage tank too. OG Sanaki would be good candidate for example.

Merging her is up to your decision, she may come back in future Legendary banner or next year as old focus banner for higher merge. And I can say that she can duel magic much better than Spring Camila with that huge firepower and Res.

Edited by Ginko

@mampfoid @XRay - Sorry it took me a while to get back to you guys. I'm catching up on some messages right now. I think I can hold onto Wo Dao for now since I just got it. I don't have to use potential fodder right away. (And it'd also be nice to give Desperation 3 + Wo Dao+ to someone at the same time. 

I know that fliers and cavs are generally the best candidates for brave weapons, but recently it seems like a lot of units come with either pref weapons that I don't want to change or..simply aren't green. I think all of the green axe fliers have some sort of pref weapon except for Narcian, Beruka, Cherche, Gerome, and NY!Azura. And most of them seem better suited for other weapons. And axe cavs are almost non-existent. XD I do have Spring Alfonse, but he's -ATK...and has one of the few new axe types added into the game. 

Hm...I've had this 5 star Raven pity breaker for a LONG time. Like over half a year in hopes that we'd get someone really suited for it. I think I'll make Gerome and Hawkeye my top considerations for now and maybe wait until we get the next calendar. Perhaps there's a chance someone like Charlotte will get released. 

So I just got +res -atk Karla from the banner and gave her Reposition and Moonbow, leaving just her A skill. I have a Sothe for fodder, should I close eyes and go for LnD 3 Karla despite her nature? Else, what other options are good for her, Darting Blow 3?

53 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I just got +res -atk Karla from the banner and gave her Reposition and Moonbow, leaving just her A skill. I have a Sothe for fodder, should I close eyes and go for LnD 3 Karla despite her nature? Else, what other options are good for her, Darting Blow 3?

Some options...

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 would be a good one, as she needs to enter 75% hp to trigger Wrath anyways.

Swift Sparrow boosts both her Atk and Spd without sacrificing her defensive stats, if that matters.

If it doesn't, then LnD3 would be your best option for "effective from the start of battle" rather than "REALLY effective after one round of combat". Her defensive ability starts and ends with "she can't be doubled without fighting someone with Swordbreaker, Quick Riposte, or Vengeful Fighter", so giving it the shaft in favor of more power and speed at all times may be better.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 would be a good one, as she needs to enter 75% hp to trigger Wrath anyways.

@Quintessence

The problem with this comparison is that Wrath is very much a first-round-of-combat skill.

I personally vote Swift Sparrow or Life and Death if you aren't planning on using Distant Counter. I'm not really seeing the "despite her nature" part of using Life and Death. Her Atk is still comparable to Mia's (due to the bonus damage from her weapon), and her Res is still mediocre.

After pulling a lot on the bridal blessings banner, i have two bride lyns: +atk/-spd, and +spd/-def. WHich one should i build (i plan on using the other as daseling fodder)

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

After pulling a lot on the bridal blessings banner, i have two bride lyns: +atk/-spd, and +spd/-def. WHich one should i build (i plan on using the other as daseling fodder)

+Spd.

4 hours ago, Rhessaw said:

+HP/-SPD or +RES/-HP Charlotte?

[+Res, -HP] is better. You want to avoid -Spd on most units unless the unit is already really slow.

I have two unbuilt Myrmidons, a neutral Mia and +HP -Spd Karla. I don't really use infantry much so I'll just pick one until a better unit comes along, but which? I remember a few discussions comparing those two and Ayra when Karla was unveiled, and while Mia was probably the least-best from that comparison, the speed bane feels like it hobbles Karla especially badly.

For what it's worth I also have a +Spd -HP Soleil that I use occasionally but I'm happy with just her base kit plus Hit and Run. I have a completely unbuilt 4*+6 Hana too but I'll probably go Brave on her once she hits +10.

Edited by Humanoid

10 hours ago, Rhessaw said:

+HP/-SPD or +RES/-HP Charlotte?

+RES for sure. Charlotte is 'decently' fast so spd is actually useful for her in order to deny follow ups. I would certainly see it as better than a few points of HP unless you plan for her to be Pulse/Panic focused.

7 hours ago, sirmola said:

+SPD is excellent for her since doubling is the main source of damage for her and thus better than +ATK/-SPD offensively and more importantly +SPD greatly aids her defenses. She will crumple easily if doubled by anything.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:04 PM, Humanoid said:

I have two unbuilt Myrmidons, a neutral Mia and +HP -Spd Karla. I don't really use infantry much so I'll just pick one until a better unit comes along, but which? I remember a few discussions comparing those two and Ayra when Karla was unveiled, and while Mia was probably the least-best from that comparison, the speed bane feels like it hobbles Karla especially badly.

Your Mia is better since she is faster with neutral Spd. I would save Karla for merging or Wrath Fodder.

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I want to merge my Soren’s, should I keep the +atk-def one, or +spd-res?

I would go with +Spd as having more Spd is generally more important for doubling and avoiding being doubled.