"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I’ve managed to summon B!Ike from Hector’s legendary banner. I’m tempted to inherit Steady Breath onto my F!Corrin but it seems like B!Ike’s IVs are [+Atk -Res]. So there’s a part of me that wants to keep him. Should I wait until I summon another B!Ike?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, twinbladex said:

I’ve managed to summon B!Ike from Hector’s legendary banner. I’m tempted to inherit Steady Breath onto my F!Corrin but it seems like B!Ike’s IVs are [+Atk -Res]. So there’s a part of me that wants to keep him. Should I wait until I summon another B!Ike?

If you're patient and there's no need to rush Steady breath on your Corrin, yeah.

21 minutes ago, twinbladex said:

If Corrin is on your main team, any sacrifice is understandable. On the other hand B!Ike is a pretty good unit out of the box and the nature of your copy is one of his best. If you plan to use B!Ike in the future, I would take this one. 

5 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

-Res or -HP on a +Spd Imprisoned Soul Celica?

I would go with -Res, since she should not be baiting mages.

@XRay No lack of space. I could always make space by merging with my excess feathers. Which would be better than burning rare fodder. I think it is partly I am just trying to come up with a use of CC that I would actually utilize. Most of the units that can make use of it just aren't on my list of want to use. As usual thanks for the input!

And yeah I prefer DC as well, but the game seems determined to load me up on CC.

21 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Usana Jacob can have both builds if  you want to switch them around. But I would prefer Brave Bow set. It's his bread and butter.

Alternatively, Halloween Henry and LA! Lyn need that Close Counter to work properly more than Jacob.

Bulky ranged unit like Sophia or Boey appreciate CC too. Also it can be deadly on healers and daggers if you build them correctly.

Lyn already has it from an earlier pity breaker. And Henry I just never have used much. He is unluckily green. Green is by far the heaviest contended armor slot. He is like 7th string at this point or something. He mostly just gets to punch Brave Lyn in the face during AA.

I had considered Boey but I run him primarily as a Raven/TA/Bow Breaking monster. He laughs in the face of Bold Fighter Bonfire Quickened Pulse Jakob. Not much does that. TA isn't usually my bread and butter. But Raven Mages make very good use of it.

Anyways point being pretty much any unit I consider for it I think can run something else better. Though I suppose if I ever get a +DEF/-SPD Faye that might be interesting. She has a similar defensive spread as Jakob like that(42/29/31 vs 42/33/32) and unlike Jakob she can't exploit Bold and lacks the attack to truly make bravebow shine. So she might very well prefer a CC set above all others. Still I even then I would probably prefer to hold it for Azama. Always wanted to make him a 'painful' project, but I just can't seem to pull him too often. Let alone one with a defensive boon. I think my best one so far is +SPD/-ATK.

@The Priest I would also tend towards leaning +RES. There have been a few times where mine could have managed if she only took a few HP less damage from a mage. Running the simulator with the settings I usually do and no buffs on her side actually seems to lean towards +RES. However, the more buff stacking occurs the more it leans in +ATK's favor.  That said it isn't huge swings either way so as XRay said it doesn't seem to matter a whole lot. My personal experience says you want the HP that -HP costs you and that you could occasionally use a bit more RES on top of that for some Infernal Maps. Then again, I keep trying to have her counter murder red mages on the defense, which might be why she keeps asking me for a bit more RES.

2. Fury. The default I have no idea what A slot to give this unit. Never a bad idea. And is basically the A for her standard EP set. Less expensive would be whatever +3 A slot you think she wants most. Or basically what XRay said. Brazen wise ATK/DEF comes from Ares at 4*. But she would only be using it for extra attack so there are much better candidates.

@bethany81707 -RES is my pick. HP decreases even her magic bulk by more than -RES. She lose 4 HP versus 3 RES and the only time that would be a better trade is against a dire thunder twin. Whom she is not going to tank anyways.

@twinbladex I would hang onto him unless you figure you'll never use him and you always use Corrin. As nice as Steady Breath on her is, she can function without it. Getting such a great boon/bane on B!Ike though is much trickier to pull off. But yeah if you'll never use him then there isn't much point to saving him, but I find him a useful enough axe that I like to keep him around.

So I managed to pick up a spare Distant Counter from the GHB Hector.

Trying to decide who gets it first out of:

1. Myrrh
  2. Reinhardt WT (Red) +3
  3. Ares +3
  4. Marth (Red) +3

Myrrh is the obvious choice, as she is imo one of the best DC uses in the game. She becomes an absolute pain to take down with the DC/QR/IShield combo.

Originally, I wanted to give it to Reinhardt WT, as he one of my favourite units/characters in FE and is a unit I want to eventually +10 one day.

Ares & Marth are two units I'm currently attempting to +10 eventually and both will see some high arena play from time to time as well (Currently Tier 20 atm). They are also great users of DC regardless of Arena points, with Marth utilizing DC/QR with self healing & Ares utilizing DC/Vantage.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, D4RTH said:

So I managed to pick up a spare Distant Counter from the GHB Hector.

Trying to decide who gets it first out of:

1. Myrrh
  2. Reinhardt WT (Red) +3
  3. Ares +3
  4. Marth (Red) +3

Myrrh is the obvious choice, as she is imo one of the best DC uses in the game. She becomes an absolute pain to take down with the DC/QR/IShield combo.

Originally, I wanted to give it to Reinhardt WT, as he one of my favourite units/characters in FE and is a unit I want to eventually +10 one day.

Ares & Marth are two units I'm currently attempting to +10 eventually and both will see some high arena play from time to time as well (Currently Tier 20 atm). They are also great users of DC regardless of Arena points, with Marth utilizing DC/QR with self healing & Ares utilizing DC/Vantage.

Thoughts?

In terms of performance, I would prioritize Myrrh first, then Ares, WOT!Reinhardt, and finally Marth.

Myrrh and Ares are pretty close, but I prefer Myrrh since flying is a little better than cavalry in my opinion for the positioning flexibility.

Not a huge fan of infantry since they have the worse movement buffs. Once you have access to Armor March, infantry also got the worse movement.

I just started the game and was wondering if the heroes I summoned are any good. I got Brave Lady Lyn from the beginner summon and Brave Mercenary Ike from the Hero Fest. I read something about stat variance in a beginner guide and wasn't sure if their stats were okay. I think Lyn has no variance and Ike has -1 Attack and +1 Defense. I've seen a few tier lists and these two are ususlly high, but Ike seems higher in some and not others. This was only my second reroll, so if they are good, then it wasn't too bad. :)

I was also wondering if I should use my remaining 30 orbs on the Hero Fest again or if I should try one of the other events that are going on. Thanks for the advice. 

C642406A-8FEA-4526-BE6A-E059553F3C5D.png

17E99FC4-73EA-4CD6-92B6-504DFD98CF9A.png

3 hours ago, Halfaron said:

I just started the game and was wondering if the heroes I summoned are any good. I got Brave Lady Lyn from the beginner summon and Brave Mercenary Ike from the Hero Fest. I read something about stat variance in a beginner guide and wasn't sure if their stats were okay. I think Lyn has no variance and Ike has -1 Attack and +1 Defense. I've seen a few tier lists and these two are ususlly high, but Ike seems higher in some and not others. This was only my second reroll, so if they are good, then it wasn't too bad. :)

I was also wondering if I should use my remaining 30 orbs on the Hero Fest again or if I should try one of the other events that are going on. Thanks for the advice.

Lyn being neutral is okay, and that is generally the case with most units. You'd rather not want to negatively impact their best stats with a trash nature (Boons for positive stat variance, Banes for negative) such as +Def -Spd on Brave Lyn, but the best nature, such as +Spd -Def on Lyn, is preferred. Ike is... okay? +Def is good on him, -Atk not so much. It depends on how you use Ike, since he can be a defensive powerhouse.

As for your remaining orbs, that's really up to you. If it were me, and in fact I am considering going through with it, I'd be dipping a little into the Ylissean Summer banner, since two of the units in it, Robin and Tiki, have Valor skills that increase the SP gain of certain weapon types (Lance for Robin, Axe for Tiki) when killing enemies , and it stacks with 2x SP gain weekends and other such multipliers. Though I wouldn't expect to get any noteworthy units with just 30 orbs.

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Halfaron said:

I just started the game and was wondering if the heroes I summoned are any good. I got Brave Lady Lyn from the beginner summon and Brave Mercenary Ike from the Hero Fest.

They are both fine, although they do cater to different play styles, so you might eventually bench one of them later.

I read something about stat variance in a beginner guide and wasn't sure if their stats were okay. I think Lyn has no variance and Ike has -1 Attack and +1 Defense.

BH!Lyn's neutral nature is fine; she generally wants [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]. For BH!Ike, [+Def, -Atk] is not great, but it should be serviceable; he generally wants [+Atk/Def, -Spd].

I've seen a few tier lists and these two are ususlly high, but Ike seems higher in some and not others.

I would take tier lists with a grain of salt, especially in how they rank the top tiers. I would see them as a very rough guide, rather than as something absolute.

For example, my play style is on one extreme end of the spectrum and I focus exclusively on ranged glass cannons (e.g.: BH!Lyn) and Dancers/Singers (e.g.: Olivia), so I would personally rate BH!Ike pretty low.

This was only my second reroll, so if they are good, then it wasn't too bad.

I think they are fine, so I would keep it. However, I also recommend checking out the following YouTube videos that highlight the two most effective, but opposite, play styles. If you find that you prefer one play style over the other, then you may want to consider rerolling as soon as possible.

Player Phase:
Phoenixmaster1: Player Phase Game Play (Setsuna is outdated, so I do not recommend investing in her unless she is your favorite unit or something.)

Enemy Phase:
StuckInAPool: Enemy Phase Overview
Phoenixmaster1: Enemy Phase (Dragon Team) Game Play

I cannot find a good Player Phase team overview, so I would just summarize the three primary team members in a good Player Phase team; the fourth member is intentionally left blank to accommodate a Bonus unit.

1. Firesweep Nuke: This is your primary attacker. In my opinion, having a Firesweep unit is pretty much mandatory if you want a good Player Phase team. They completely shutdown counter attacks (i.e.: enemies cannot fight back), so they are kind of "immortal." I recommend giving Summoner Support to this unit.

Spoiler

A. Firesweep Bow: This is the best Firesweep Weapon in my opinion. Firesweep Bow is pretty expensive though since only Faye has it and she is a 5* exclusive. Here are some of the best units and their builds:
WOF!Hinoka [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def, Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death, Poison Strike, Def Smoke/Def Ploy/Hone Fliers, Poison Strike]
TOD!Jakob [+Atk, -Spd, Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow, Bold Fighter, Def Smoke/Def Ploy, Armor Boots]
BH!Lyn [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def, Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Luna, Swift Sparrow/Life and Death, Poison Strike, Def Smoke/Def Ploy/Hone Cavalry, Poison Strike]
BB!Cordelia [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res, Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death, Poison Strike, Def Smoke, Poison Strike]

B. "Firesweep" (Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Straff) Healer: This is the second best type of Firesweep nuke. Its primary disadvantage is that these nukes lack Reposition, so they may have some positioning problems on the field, but it should not be a big deal especially if you use Gravity. If you are using Atk/Spd Push on your healer instead of Atk/Spd or Attack +3, you may also want your third unit to run Ardent Sacrifice or have another healer. Atk/Spd Push require 100%HP to activate, but it also deals 1HP of damage after combat. Pain is a bit risky to use in Arena, so I will only be listing builds with Gravity.
Elise [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def, Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Atk Spd, Wrathful Staff, Res Ploy/Spd Ploy/Res Smoke/Spd Smoke, Attack +3/Speed +3/Res Ploy]
Elise [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def, Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Atk Spd Push, Wrathful Staff, Res Ploy/Spd Ploy/Res Smoke/Spd Smoke, Live to Serve]
Elise [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def, Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Reconcile, Atk Spd Push, Wrathful Staff, Res Ploy/Spd Ploy/Res Smoke/Spd Smoke, Attack +3/Speed +3/Res Ploy]
Genny [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def, Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, Res Ploy/Res Smoke, Attack +3/Res Ploy]
Genny [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def, Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Atk Spd Push, Wrathful Staff, Res Ploy/Res Smoke, Live to Serve]
Genny [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def, Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Reconcile, Atk Spd Push, Wrathful Staff, Res Ploy/Res Smoke, Attack +3/Res Ploy]

C. Flying Firesweep Sword/Lance/"Axe": This is the cheapest option. They are not as effective as the ranged Firesweep options, but they should still serve you well. If you use these, your team will need to be color balanced. Firesweep Axe is not released yet, so I have it in quotation marks. Since they all have pretty much the same build, I will just list all the suitable candidates with the better candidates listed first, and then list the build.
Sword: SS!Ryoma, Elincia, HNY!Camilla
Lance: Cordelia, Tana, Shigure, Hinoka, Shanna, Catria
Axe: SA!Innes, Minerva, Camilla
[+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res, Firesweep, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Hit and Run, Spd Smoke/Def Smoke/Spd Ploy/Spd Smoke, Poison Strike/Speed +3]

2. Dancer/Singer: This is the workhorse and life line of a Player Phase team. They basically give any allies an additional turn via the Dance/Sing Assist skill. They generally Dance/Sing your primary nuke out of enemy range. If you are using a Firesweep archer or Firesweep healer, this unit's build does not really matter. If you are using a flying Firesweep user with a melee Weapon, I highly recommend this unit be a melee Dancer/Singer to counter units that can tank your nuke.

Spoiler

A. Dancer/Singer Score Optimization: If you are using a Firesweep archer or healer, your Dancer/Singer's build does not really matter since they are not going to see much, if any, combat. Since they are not going to see combat, you can optimize them for scoring.

[Any Refineable Weapon [Spd/Def/Res], Dance/Sing, Aether/Galeforce, Distant Counter/Close Counter, Wings of Mercy/Quick Riposte/Renewal, Guidance/Drive Atk/Drive Spd, Drive Atk, Guidance/Close Def/Distant Def/Quick Riposte/Drive Atk/Drive Def]

B. Dancer/Singer for Flying Firesweep Sword/Lance/"Axe": There may be times when it may take your Firesweep unit too long to finish off a unit, and taking that much time to finish off that one unit might not be an option if other enemies are closing in on you. So, if you are using a flying Firesweep Lance user, you want to use a Dancer/Singer that uses a sword to counter green units that can tank your Firesweep Lance unit; i.e. your Dancer/Singer should be a weaker color to your nuke.
Sword: Olivia, Lene
Lance: Azura
Axe: PA!Azura, HNY!Azura
[+Atk, -HP/Res, Gem Weapon, Dance/Sing, Moonbow/Glimmer, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte/Vantage, Threaten Def/Hone Attack/Hone Speed/Hone Flier, Close Def/Quick Riposte/Attack +3]
Ninian
[+Atk, -HP/Res, Lightning Breath [Spd/Def], Sing, Moonbow/Glimmer, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte/Vantage/Swordbreaker, Threaten Def/Hone Attack/Hone Speed/Hone Flier, Close Def/Quick Riposte/Attack +3]

3. Nuke/Tank: I recommend running a secondary nuke to speed up the battle, but you can basically use anyone you want. If you are using a Firesweep healer with Atk/Spd Push, I recommend equipping Ardent Sacrifice on your third unit so they can always heal the healer. Alternatively, you can also run Fury on your third unit so the third unit will always receive damage when they enter combat, so your healer will have someone to heal to activate Reconcile/Live to Serve. If you are using a flying Firesweep Sword/Lance/Axe user and you do not have a Dancer/Singer of the right color to counter certain tanks, your third unit can be a tank instead with the same build as the above Dancers/Singers; since this unit cannot equip Dance/Sing, I recommend giving them Reposition or Swap instead.

I cannot edit my previous comment, so Galeforce.

5 hours ago, Halfaron said:

I was also wondering if I should use my remaining 30 orbs on the Hero Fest again or if I should try one of the other events that are going on.

I recommend saving your Orbs. Statistically, 30 Orbs is not enough to get you anything good, so I would wait until you have at least 100+ Orbs. I recommend completing as much Story maps as possible for additional Orbs.

If you do want to try for other banners and you like Player Phase units, I recommend SA!Tana from Summer's Arrival, NS!Corrin from Nohrian Summer, and WOF!Hinoka from Heroes with Luna. I also highly recommend Hector from Hector & Matthew's Battle since there are some challenging content that is easier to solve with Enemy Phase units rather than Player Phase units.

As @Xenomata has said, the Valor Skills are very good for grinding. In addition to YS!Robin and YS!Tiki, you may also want to pull NS!Elise from Nohrian Summer for G Tome Valor.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Halfaron said:

I've seen a few tier lists and these two are ususlly high, but Ike seems higher in some and not others.

Tier lists should always be taken with a grain of salt because, unlike many other games, how characters perform in this game depend heavily on what kind of resources you have available to you in terms of Skill Inheritance (if you're not yet familiar what that is, it's just being able to sacrifice a character to give some of their skills to another character).

Gamepedia's Budget Tier List is probably a good place to start if you aren't planning on putting much real money into this game since it's tailored towards players who don't have rare skills available to them to just pass around.

However, it's always good to look at several different tier lists and definitely read the comments about individual characters if any are given because those explain more than just a simple letter grade can.

1 minute ago, Halfaron said:

Thanks everyone for the great advice, this seems to be a super helpful forum. I plan to play pretty casually, but I'll check out some of the linked resources above. 

One other thing I forgot to mention with tier lists. You'll notice that Gamepedia pretty much stops their tier lists at "B". That's intentional (according to their Reddit posts). The top tiers are "really good" and the bottom tiers are "still pretty good". No one in this game (yet) is so bad that they're aren't usable in some way.

Tier lists (from any source) also generally only rank units in their viability in the Arena, which, as should be pretty obvious, is not the only game mode in this game. Some units that otherwise place highly in the Arena are less useful in specific other maps, most notably that armors are kind of hard to make work on maps with time limits.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One other thing I forgot to mention with tier lists. You'll notice that Gamepedia pretty much stops their tier lists at "B". That's intentional (according to their Reddit posts). The top tiers are "really good" and the bottom tiers are "still pretty good". No one in this game (yet) is so bad that they're aren't usable in some way.

Tier lists (from any source) also generally only rank units in their viability in the Arena, which, as should be pretty obvious, is not the only game mode in this game. Some units that otherwise place highly in the Arena are less useful in specific other maps, most notably that armors are kind of hard to make work on maps with time limits.

I imagine Slaying Weapon Galeforce Bold Fighter armors can crush time limits pretty easily---main problem is that you don't get desperation, meaning your other combats are going to be uncomfortable.

Brave Weapon Galeforce Bold Fighter with Quickened Pulse would work, but takes away your S-slot so no armored boots. The set above can use boots because your combat drops off like crazy after you go below a certain hp, anyway.

A D- is still a pass mark, though? :P

Weighing up my options with the new refines and would appreciate some thoughts.

1) I have a 4*+9 Titania with a last 4* one ready to go. Draconic Poleaxe is an upgrade over her current Emerald Axe+, but none too exciting. Slaying Axe+ sounds great but her mediocre bulk concerns me a bit if I lose the 40% colour advantage, though she's +Spd -Res. There is some bonus appeal in using Hawkeye as the source unit since while DB3 might not be the most suitable A-skill for her, it's probably better than Armoured Blow. Any other non-limited (i.e. Poleaxe/Ardent Service) left-field weapons to consider? Whichever option I go with is going to cost 20k feathers regardless so that's not a factor.

2) Eldigan+1, +Spd -Atk. Terrible nature, but I mostly use him as a Hone Cav bot and thus have never refined his original weapon. Due to his terrible attack, I figure chain-firing Bonfires will be better than the +3 attack from Fury 6? That said, if even a bad-nature Ares shows up, he'll still be a better unit so maybe the wiser thing is to not refine at all.

For what it's worth, I'm sitting on 400 dew currently and have almost 500 nuggets ready to convert into more dew. Besides those named, there aren't many particularly exciting options to spend it on: Marth, Lucina(s), Chrom, Young Tiki, Seliph, Eliwood, Caeda, Katarina, Sanaki, Clair, Hinoka, Linde, Linus, Julia, Hector, Takumi, Jaffar. Caeda might be the best of those, but she barely gets a look-in with Elincia being around. Marthed Mask if I decide to promote the 4* copies. Jaffar as novelty mass AoE.

46 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I imagine Slaying Weapon Galeforce Bold Fighter armors can crush time limits pretty easily---main problem is that you don't get desperation, meaning your other combats are going to be uncomfortable.

Brave Weapon Galeforce Bold Fighter with Quickened Pulse would work, but takes away your S-slot so no armored boots. The set above can use boots because your combat drops off like crazy after you go below a certain hp, anyway.

Yes, it can. But for the average player, you're not getting all of those on one unit just to clear a few story maps.

Advice that is not actionable is worthless.

30 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Depends on where you go to school. (I think D was the lowest passing grade at my high school.)

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depends on where you go to school. (I think D was the lowest passing grade at my high school.)

I actually have no idea if there's even a standard, I was just guessing based on what I've seen from American movies and TV since we don't use that system at all in Australia.

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That depends on your education level and school. For some middle and high schools, D is probably sufficient, but I am not sure if that applies everywhere. For most college classes, you need a C to pass. For graduate level classes, you need a B to pass.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

1) I have a 4*+9 Titania with a last 4* one ready to go. Draconic Poleaxe is an upgrade over her current Emerald Axe+, but none too exciting. Slaying Axe+ sounds great but her mediocre bulk concerns me a bit if I lose the 40% colour advantage, though she's +Spd -Res. There is some bonus appeal in using Hawkeye as the source unit since while DB3 might not be the most suitable A-skill for her, it's probably better than Armoured Blow. Any other non-limited (i.e. Poleaxe/Ardent Service) left-field weapons to consider? Whichever option I go with is going to cost 20k feathers regardless so that's not a factor.

I use Slaying Axe [Def] on my Hawkeye with Triangle Adept 2 on the A slot, so either Weapon is fine in my opinion if you are just using her for Arena Assault. With that being said, if she is only going to be used in Arena Assault, I recommend saving your Dew since Emerald Axe (the regular one without +) is more than enough in most cases to counter blues. So unless Titania is one of your favorite characters, I would not invest too much into her.

28 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

2) Eldigan+1, +Spd -Atk. Terrible nature, but I mostly use him as a Hone Cav bot and thus have never refined his original weapon. Due to his terrible attack, I figure chain-firing Bonfires will be better than the +3 attack from Fury 6? That said, if even a bad-nature Ares shows up, he'll still be a better unit so maybe the wiser thing is to not refine at all.

I like to err on the side of caution and saving resources, so if you have doubts about spending Dew, I would recommend you to hold onto those Dew for someone you would not regret spending it on. Unless you really need Eldigan to fire off Bonfires, his default kit plus Axebreaker is more than sufficient for Arena Assault.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

I actually have no idea if there's even a standard, I was just guessing based on what I've seen from American movies and TV since we don't use that system at all in Australia.

So you guys only use percentage points with no letter grades?

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I use Slaying Axe [Def] on my Hawkeye with Triangle Adept 2 on the A slot, so either Weapon is fine in my opinion if you are just using her for Arena Assault. With that being said, if she is only going to be used in Arena Assault, I recommend saving your Dew since Emerald Axe (the regular one without +) is more than enough in most cases to counter blues. So unless Titania is one of your favorite characters, I would not invest too much into her.

I like to err on the side of caution and saving resources, so if you have doubts about spending Dew, I would recommend you to hold onto those Dew for someone you would not regret spending it on. Unless you really need Eldigan to fire off Bonfires, his default kit plus Axebreaker is more than sufficient for Arena Assault.

So you guys only use percentage points with no letter grades?

I guess I can't speak universally, but yeah, numeric grades when I was in school, though I suppose in uni we used an approximate analogue, where the marks were labelled High Distinction, Distinction, Credit, Pass and Fail. High chance of it being institution-specific though.

With Titania I guess the dew cost as well as the substandard benefit of the refinement means it's more a question of unrefined Draconic Poleaxe vs refined generic weapon. Though as I type that it starts to feel fairly strong in the favour of the generic weapon, the tradeoff of 2 Mt and TA3 vs 3 speed, 5 HP and the killer effect.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Could someone give me a reminder if heavy/flashing blade works on a counterattack or only when your unit attacks 

It does work on counterattacks as long as it is the unit with said skills dealing a hit. A unit with said skills does not have to be the one initiating.

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Could someone give me a reminder if heavy/flashing blade works on a counterattack or only when your unit attacks 

Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Bold Fighter, and Vengeful Fighter only apply to your own unit's attacks, but on either phase. Steady Breath and Warding Breath apply to both units' attacks, but only on enemy phase.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

So what do I do with the +Spd/-Def Titania? I imagine she'll see more use in horse teams than mixed, for all the horses I use.

I only use her in Arena Assault to counter dragons; I went with a +Atk copy to better utilize Emerald Axe.

If you plan to use her offensively, she can go with [Slaying Axe [Spd], Moonbow, Swift Sparrow/Fury, Desperation, Speed +3]. You can also give her Ploys to debuff enemies.