"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Knight of Lycia said:

Is Atk or Spd the better boon for S!Innes? I'm using him on a flier team with a fury + desperation build, and am planning on merging the four copies I've gotten.

Thanks in advance.

+Spd is better, since it ensures more doubles.

Got two consecutive 4* Shigures on the new banner so I'm pondering on how to split my lance fliers.

Est has the Brave Lance role on lockdown, since she's already built as 4*+10 and as such is the only complete unit here.

Cordelia I have at 5* +Atk -Res with her native Brave Lance+, she held this role until Est's natural merges overtook her. I have a +Spd -HP one waiting in the wings, and I always intended to replace my current one with this one, built with Firesweep.

Shigure I now have the option of +Spd -Def or +Atk -Res, and he makes for an interesting comparison versus Cordelia. More speed and BST in general, only losing out a little in Atk. First instinct is that his native Harmonic Lance is good enough and I should build him that way as a duellist of sorts. But perhaps Firesweep prefers the 40 speed of the +Spd Shigure instead? And in return, Cordelia could go with a Slaying Lance perhaps to abuse Galeforce?

To clarify, I think the question comes down to:

1) Firesweep Cordelia + Harmonic Shigure; or Slaying Cordelia + Firesweep Shigure?

2) By extension, which nature for each of them, for each of the above scenarios?

Does anyone have any experience with regular Camilla? I have one that’s +Atk and one that’s +Spd and I’d like some input as to which is better for her. Both are -HP and I’m planning on using her for Camilla emblem

23 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

1) Firesweep Cordelia + Harmonic Shigure; or Slaying Cordelia + Firesweep Shigure?

I prefer Firesweep Cordelia and Harmonic Shigure since that is cheaper and generally more combat effective.

Galeforce is nice, but I would not use it in Arena since it will trigger crap like Vantage and Wings of Mercy. It is great for non competitive modes though since those are much less common.

23 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

2) By extension, which nature for each of them, for each of the above scenarios?

For Firesweep users, +Spd is better for independent performance, but if you are able to give them Hone Flier buffs consistently, it honestly does not matter whether they go +Atk or +Spd. I prefer +Atk if you can give them buffs consistently, but I do not think it makes a huge difference.

13 minutes ago, Khid said:

Does anyone have any experience with regular Camilla? I have one that’s +Atk and one that’s +Spd and I’d like some input as to which is better for her. Both are -HP and I’m planning on using her for Camilla emblem

I have experience with Minerva, and even though she is 5*+1 with +Spd, she still cannot reliably double without Hone Fliers, so I recommend +Spd for Camilla as well. Unless your Player Phase unit is running a slow Brave set, you generally want to Spd stack Player Phase units as much as possible.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Firesweep Lance wants to be +Spd mostly because swords are stupid fast these days.

Shigure's Harmonic Lance build doesn't matter all that much which one you pick. He has comparable performance with both, though Spd is a slight bit more valuable if you aren't running Hone Fliers or double Goad Fliers.

Cordelia's Slaying Lance build prefers +Spd.

8 minutes ago, Khid said:

A player-phase build (Life and Death / Swift Sparrow / Fury + Desperation) prefers +Spd. An enemy-phase build (Distant Counter + Quick Riposte) favors +Atk.

@XRay@Ice Dragon

Thanks, happy to hear the cheaper option doesn't lose me anything. I guess I'm leaning towards the +Atk -Res Shigure then, not because of the boon, but because the Res bane should be better for most of his duels than a Def one.

1 hour ago, Khid said:

I use a +spd -hp one as one of my core +10 arena units. Generally I'd recommend +spd for any of her builds. For a cheaper LaD/Fury/etc type build, +spd for sure. And even with a DC/QR build it still keeps her from being doubled by speed demons and she can tank a wider range of things safely by getting doubled less. +atk does let her do a bit more damage, especially to the armors in high tier arena, but for overall use I'd still go with +spd.

So I got pity broken by a Linde on my way to Takumi. I already didn't see myself using her much, considering she is competing for a colourless spot with Takumi in both arena and TT. On top of that, she is -Spd, so I don't see amy reason to raise her up. Is there a unit that would profit from Brazen Atk/Res? 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

So I got pity broken by a Linde on my way to Takumi. I already didn't see myself using her much, considering she is competing for a colourless spot with Takumi in both arena and TT. On top of that, she is -Spd, so I don't see amy reason to raise her up. Is there a unit that would profit from Brazen Atk/Res? 

Maybe enemy-phase anti-mage units? Particularly if they use Quick Riposte- Brazen can activate once QR stops working. I can see mage tanks like Julia/Deirdre or physical anti-mages like Felicia/Kaze/Fjorm working well. Fae can also work with adaptive damage Lightning Breath+. 

Otherwise Starfish could be an interesting weapon, unless you don't use dagger units.

--------

Now I have a question, I'm finally merging up all my Masked Marths so I can have a supermerge for Arena scoring, since they don't have skills to inherit. Currently, with the fodder I have, I've given her Rally Speed/Res, Moonbow (no Aether fodder), Renewal and Drive Spd with Drive Atk SS.

Now I also have 3 spare Fjorms. I was thinking of giving MM Atk/Def Bond, but then I was thinking:

1.) What scores better? Masked Marth with the above skills and Atk/Def Bond or a Fjorm+3 with her default skills? (Maybe even a double Rally)

2.) Otherwise, if I do sacrifice one of the Fjorms for Atk/Def Bond, I'm guessing Spectrum Bond is the better choice for Masked Marth's weapon and not Sealed Falchion?

3.) Who is a better user of Galeforce- +Atk/-Res Shigure or +Spd/-Atk Summer Cordelia with Flashing Blade? Otherwise, I'm thinking whoever isn't getting Galeforce will get Firesweep Lance since they both have nice speed. -Atk SCordelia is a shame but I'm thinking of slapping Death Blow to simulate an Atk boon.

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Now I have a question, I'm finally merging up all my Masked Marths so I can have a supermerge for Arena scoring, since they don't have skills to inherit. Currently, with the fodder I have, I've given her Rally Speed/Res, Moonbow (no Aether fodder), Renewal and Drive Spd with Drive Atk SS.

Now I also have 3 spare Fjorms. I was thinking of giving MM Atk/Def Bond, but then I was thinking:

1.) What scores better? Masked Marth with the above skills and Atk/Def Bond or a Fjorm+3 with her default skills? (Maybe even a double Rally)

2.) Otherwise, if I do sacrifice one of the Fjorms for Atk/Def Bond, I'm guessing Spectrum Bond is the better choice for Masked Marth's weapon and not Sealed Falchion?

3.) Who is a better user of Galeforce- +Atk/-Res Shigure or +Spd/-Atk Summer Cordelia with Flashing Blade? Otherwise, I'm thinking whoever isn't getting Galeforce will get Firesweep Lance since they both have nice speed. -Atk SCordelia is a shame but I'm thinking of slapping Death Blow to simulate an Atk boon.

So Marth+7 vs Fjorm+3? Do bear in mind the effect of blessings though, giving a blessing to Marth adds 8 points if it's her season and she's run with the correct legendary hero. Each merge is worth 4 points so if you're using fewer Marths it's a straightforward deduction.

EDIT: Cavalry can't get Flashing Blade as things stand.

Fm0CfVY.png

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

A dragon maybe? They don't need their A slots for DC and most are comfortable being slowish so ATK and a better defense stat would be fine for them. Fae might like it as a Budget'ish option. Mcsilas posted whilst I was at this. But I am not sure the colorless Felicia and Kaze would work well. They are likely to drop so low from one round that they wouldn't really get to use the +RES part of it much. I do think the Dragons are the best option. Adaptive damage makes hitting that one shot much more likely and would like the +6 atk and dragons are in general tanky enough and slow enough to really appreciate defensive stat boosts.

And since mcsilas posted while I was posting I also agree with Starfish. Frees up somebody's B slot from something unusual. Problem being most of the interesting ones are kinda expensive. I suppose you could try an attack stacked dagger who utilizes Desperation offensively and fills the B-Slot with Vantage to try and score one shot counter kills once damaged. But I doubt any of the dagger units have enough attack to pull that off with a 12/13 mt weapon.

Anyways my Linde question is two pronged. Namely mine is +SPD/-DEF so would it be worthwhile to keep her default A and Iceberg for damage? I know most folks would recommend a different A, such as fury or swift and a moonbow special, but I doubt she'll get much use so I would prefer a budget variant. And it seems like Brazen would push her res up high enough to use Iceberg. Particularly since she also has access to horse fort. Actually not sure if I have more Ice or Glacies fodder. Will have to check that out. And B slot wise. Uggh. I have a lot of Morgan's so Dull Ranged is an option on top of the having breakers as a choice. If I wanted Brash that comes in seal form so . . . Even Pass could be an option since 3 move + 2 range might actually be able to make use of it. Would leave her horribly over extended though.

39 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sealed Falchion goes better with a Brazen skill (or Fury, but that costs fewer SP). Spectrum Bond Falchion synergizes well with Bond skills. 

I went with Sealed Falchion/Fury for M!Marth, because she is more offensive than defensive in my eyes. Spectrum Bond/Bond skills seems more for a EP unit like OG Chrom. 

41 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Like @Humanoid mentioned, sadly Flashing Blade is Infantry/Armor only. 

Both are good candidates for GF (and also Firesweep), my SA!Cordelia is also considered to receive it in the future (also because of Dull melee). If you want to utilize Flashing Blade for Galeforce, Raven or one of the fast sword infantry units (Ayra, Mia, Celica) are good candidates. M!Marth is bit slower, but at least for TTs it would be big fun to give her GF/Flashing Blade. 

If you want to go the Firesweep route, Life & Death would be a better choice than Death Blow. 

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Is there a unit that would profit from Brazen Atk/Res?

I agree with @mcsilas that Starfish is a better skill for inheritance. For Brazen Atk/Res, it works well with Desperation-Brash Assault or Vantage builds once the HP threshold is reached, but the problem with Brazens is that getting there might be very difficult since the unit has more chances of dying during its first round of combat.

22 minutes ago, Usana said:

Anyways my Linde question is two pronged. Namely mine is +SPD/-DEF so would it be worthwhile to keep her default A and Iceberg for damage? I know most folks would recommend a different A, such as fury or swift and a moonbow special, but I doubt she'll get much use so I would prefer a budget variant. And it seems like Brazen would push her res up high enough to use Iceberg. Particularly since she also has access to horse fort. Actually not sure if I have more Ice or Glacies fodder. Will have to check that out. And B slot wise. Uggh. I have a lot of Morgan's so Dull Ranged is an option on top of the having breakers as a choice. If I wanted Brash that comes in seal form so . . . Even Pass could be an option since 3 move + 2 range might actually be able to make use of it. Would leave her horribly over extended though.

Fury is already the most budget offensive A skill in my opinion. If you cannot afford that, I would go with Darting Blow so that it works well with her Weapon. Glimmer should be fine if you do not want to use Moonbow, but she would not be very effective against high Def targets.

As a mage tank, Brazen Atk/Res does not work too well since she is not going to survive with average Res on top of being slow during her first round of combat. Her HP would also be too low to fulfill a tank role once she gets into Brazen range.

@XRay I wasn't meaning for her to be a res tank, just that right now moonbow and glimmer would be a REALLY high premium for me. And Iceberg Glacies would be cheap. Since she wants low HP anyways I figure Brazen would easily activate. 26 RES is too low for RES nuking imo. But I am not sure if Brazen's +7 pushes it into the point where RES nuking can beat Moonbow. Or if I would need Fort Cavalry on top of that. I assuming 39 res is enough for RES nuking to be viable. So the question was more when is RES nuking better than moonbow and is 46 spd plus easy breaker access(sword breaker most likely) enough speed. My experience with my Amelia who lands in that range says it should be for most cases, though not quite all. Which is enough for a someone who will be a B-lister for me like Linde. The RES nuking bit though. . .I have no idea where that becomes better. I assume somewhere around 30, but that is an assumption, not knowledge. Fury is cheap enough but that would be 4 less res and I already figure she won't make the threshold to make res nuking optimal. The 3 extra speed would certainly help alleviate my speed woes though.

40 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I finally got some Wrath fodder. Who are the best users of it? I've had my eyes on Lyn, Roy, Ayra, Black Knight, and Brave Ike.

While plenty of units would love it, Lyn is in the unique position of it having perfect synergy, allowing her to run a Brazen skill, Desperation, Brash Assault and Wrath at the same time. Almost as if the skill was specifically made for her.

That said, if you never use Lyn and always use Ayra with her absurd stats, then obviously it'd be a bit of a waste. The practical answer is whatever unit would see most use. Personally though I wouldn't be able to resist the unique synergy.

Edited by Humanoid

42 minutes ago, Usana said:

@XRay I wasn't meaning for her to be a res tank, just that right now moonbow and glimmer would be a REALLY high premium for me. And Iceberg Glacies would be cheap. Since she wants low HP anyways I figure Brazen would easily activate. 26 RES is too low for RES nuking imo. But I am not sure if Brazen's +7 pushes it into the point where RES nuking can beat Moonbow. Or if I would need Fort Cavalry on top of that. I assuming 39 res is enough for RES nuking to be viable. So the question was more when is RES nuking better than moonbow and is 46 spd plus easy breaker access(sword breaker most likely) enough speed. My experience with my Amelia who lands in that range says it should be for most cases, though not quite all. Which is enough for a someone who will be a B-lister for me like Linde. The RES nuking bit though. . .I have no idea where that becomes better. I assume somewhere around 30, but that is an assumption, not knowledge. Fury is cheap enough but that would be 4 less res and I already figure she won't make the threshold to make res nuking optimal. The 3 extra speed would certainly help alleviate my speed woes though.

The problem with Brazens is getting into HP range in the first place. If she cannot survive her first round of combat, Brazens would not help her. She needs to have enough stats to prevent doubles and she does not have the bulk to survive being doubled. She would basically always need Hone Cavalry at the bare minimum and possibly Fortify Cavalry as well to survive her first round of combat. That limits her team composition and there are already lots of better options than ASS!Linde for Arena Assault.

Fury helps alleviate her poor bulk, improves her Spd to a somewhat acceptable 41, and lets her hit harder by improving her Atk. If Fury is not an option, Darting Blow improves her Spd to a respectable 45, and that allows her to specialize against mages a bit more; since most of them are squishy, she does not need as much Atk to kill them, although her low bulk might still be a problem.

I would go with Iceberg or Luna. Glacies take too long to charge and I do not think she can survive that long.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Brazen Atk/Res screams Jeorge, Innes, or Leo.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brazen Atk/Res screams Jeorge, Innes, or Leo.

Welp, too late. :'D 

But I don't use Jeorge, don't have Innes and only have a -Res Leo anyway. Still, thanks. I'll keep it in mind should I come across her while going for Takumi merges next year.

Different question:

Since I just pulled a neutral S!Tiki I'm trying to think of builds for her. I sadly don't have any DC fodder for her, so should I stick with Summer's Breath or replace it with Lightning Breath? As for the rest of the skills, I am not quite sure which direction it's best to take her (i.e. player, mixed or enemy phase). 

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

While plenty of units would love it, Lyn is in the unique position of it having perfect synergy, allowing her to run a Brazen skill, Desperation, Brash Assault and Wrath at the same time. Almost as if the skill was specifically made for her.

That said, if you never use Lyn and always use Ayra with her absurd stats, then obviously it'd be a bit of a waste. The practical answer is whatever unit would see most use. Personally though I wouldn't be able to resist the unique synergy.

I use both Ayra and Lyn, so I guess I got some good options! ^^ Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Since I just pulled a neutral S!Tiki I'm trying to think of builds for her. I sadly don't have any DC fodder for her, so should I stick with Summer's Breath or replace it with Lightning Breath? As for the rest of the skills, I am not quite sure which direction it's best to take her (i.e. player, mixed or enemy phase). 

I would stick with her default Weapon and just use her as a melee range combatant. Unless you need Distant Counter reds, I would not give her Lightning Breath since it is expensive.

Hi guys, after playing all the handheld Fire Emblem games to understand various stories and characters etc (still playing Echoes) Ive finally returned to FH: Heroes and its been a while and i see they are many new features and heroes added, thus I want some tips and advice to help me get back into the game.

For the roster that I have right now.
#1 If you guys could suggest the best possible team for PvE
#2 Best team for PVP
#3 Maybe a team that works for both?
#4 Which units are worth training?
#5 Is there anything i need to keep in mind while playing the game? Any tips and advice with story mode or completing this stuf first etc would be appreciated a lot ^^

Heroes:
5 star Azure lady of the lake
5 star Lilina Delightful nobel
4 star Effie Armoy of One
5 star Ike vanguard legend
5 star ike young mercenary
5 star Lyn Brave lady
5 star Delthea free spirit
5 star Boey
5 Star Nino Pious mage
5 Star Sanaki apostle
5 star Soren
5 Star Fir Sword student
4star Marth prince of altea
4 star Eirika
4 star Tiki (nagas voice)
4 star Catria
4 star Cordelia
4 star tharja
lots of 4 star female corrins
4 star robin high deliverer
4 star olivia
4 star Camilla (bewitching beauty)
4 star Maria
4star Sakura

Thank you very much in advance ^^

@Shahbaz I will list by your catergories.

#1  Legendary Ike, Azura, Soren, BowLyn. These 4 should be able to do most job for story mode(chain challenge not included). With color balance, Ike as physical tank, Soren mage tank, Azura as your only dancer, Bowlyn as filler(maybe she is your sweeper). This team would be balance and easy to control from my opinion.

#2 Best team for arena, I won't focus for scoring but I will focus for good performance priority as beginner. Team #1 can be used for Arena too.

#3 same as above.

#4 some of these 4* might be helpful to you in future if you decide to promote them to 5*

-Eirika, your best buffer as best partner with your 5* Nino.

-Olivia, your second dancer. She can be one of your new core team with your remaining 5* units.

-Maria and Sakura, choose to promote 1 of them (or both if you like both). Healer is necessary for hardcore grinding content like Tempest Trial.

#5 Suggestion? Don't feel salty with your 3* units and send them home, keep them all . They can be useful for skill inheritance that will improve your units performance better and better. Focus to fully build your unit one by one then you will have strong unit to clear all contents in this game with ease.