"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I saw someone say brave bow is shit. Is it though? I consider it to be great weapon. But I'd like an experts opinion in case I'm being biased

EDIT: the person's justification was that everyone in arena has 50+ def

It's a good weapon, but it falls off as you get higher in the Arena unless you have a massive pile of buffs lying around or are named Jakob and can drop a guaranteed Ignis or Aether at the end of your four attacks (Ignis is even guaranteed against opponents with Guard as long as they can counterattack).

What makes Brave Bow different from other Brave weapons in this regard is the fact that it cannot take advantage of weapon triangle advantage to bolster its damage output.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I saw someone say brave bow is shit. Is it though? I consider it to be great weapon. But I'd like an experts opinion in case I'm being biased

It's a good weapon, but it falls off as you get higher in the Arena unless you have a massive pile of buffs lying around or are named Jakob and can drop a guaranteed Ignis or Aether at the end of your four attacks (Ignis is even guaranteed against opponents with Guard as long as they can counterattack).

What makes Brave Bow different from other Brave weapons in this regard is the fact that it cannot take advantage of weapon triangle advantage to bolster its damage output.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Doesn't Guard prevent the opponent gaining charges from you hitting them? Unless I'm misunderstanding Bold Fighter and it gives charges when being hit as well---I'm pretty sure it's more like Heavy Blade, though.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Doesn't Guard prevent the opponent gaining charges from you hitting them?

It only afflicts -1 cooldown per attack but Bold Fighter also gives +1 per attack so Jakob would still gain regular Special charge.

Edited by The Priest

Just now, The Priest said:

It only afflicts -1 cooldown per attack but Bold Fighter gives +1 so Jakob would still gain regular Special charge.

Bold Fighter doesn't work from being hit, is my understanding. That is, it's like Heavy Blade in that the enemy hitting you doesn't charge.

You fully charge Ignis but don't trigger it, is my understanding.

28 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding Bold Fighter and it gives charges when being hit as well---I'm pretty sure it's more like Heavy Blade, though.

Yeah, Bold and Vengeful work like Heavy Blade and only add extra charges when the user hits. They don’t add extra charges when user is hit.

30 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Bold Fighter doesn't work from being hit, is my understanding. That is, it's like Heavy Blade in that the enemy hitting you doesn't charge.

Right. Miscounted.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh I yeah I figured you might not have that for Oliver since chill skills aren’t exactly common. Which is why I added that Death Blow + plus a breaker of choice would be pretty good substitutes. His A skill is definitely good too though with the added benefit of taking less magic damage. As for spd tactics, his atk ploy is already a great skill especially if you choose to run fury on him. He’ll be ploying just about everything.

I started to promote and build Oliver, he got ATK/RES2 (temporary) and Blarblade+ from a Tailtiu plus Moonbow from Odin. Since SPD Tactic is not available, Hone SPD will do, but I will keep ploys in mind for him. 

His leveling team mates are 4* +SPD Mae, 4* +SPD Odin and 4* +ATK Odin. 

I must admit I don’t find an only-ranged tank as appealing as something like an only-melee tank but Oliver can certainly make that work.

It's only that I have that DD3 fodder lying around since months and every somehow tanky unit is considered to get it, but in the end there are better options for everyone like you wrote. 

That does seem good. The only thing I would find better than fury would be brazen atk/spd but fury is solid and cheap. Also, I don’t know what you plan on doing with the B slot but if it’s desperation then I would consider moonbow for instant proc assuming Flashing Blade activates.

I'm not sure about Desperation yet, I have so many units running that skill, time to try something different. Also his  DEF/RES (28/27 with Fury) are both workable once buffed. Brazen would be perfect, but the supply of spare Linus' is limited to two copies currently. One is booked for Masked Marth and the other for my next OP Desperation unit. 

Those would be good. I was thinking if you go with Close Def then Berkut’s Lance might be worth keeping on him for better dragon matchups.

Sounds good, I always like when prfs (even if this one is inheritable) can be made usable. 

Anyway, Berkut has to wait, since I'm not 100% sure anymore if I'll take him into the team. I only recognized now that Camus and Xander are both B tier (according to Gamepedias Arena tier list) ... but that sounds boring *sigh*

I considered this but there is two reasons I didn’t mention it. The first was that I felt his role would be too similar to Berkut’s so I wanted to differentiate them. The second was that 53 (57 with Wolf Berg active) attack isn’t all that high to activate Heavy Blade consistently and his brazen won’t be active to help with that until he’s already taken some damage. It just felt like an unreliable set.

However, since you’re planning on giving him res tactic instead it suddenly becomes much more viable so I say roll with it if you want.

Like Oliver, Walhart has priority over Berkut, since he is new and shiny while Berkut shares color with Oliver. 

Walharts ATK will do, with Buffs he can reach 70 (37 base + 16 prf + 4 Wolfberg effect + 6 tactic buff + 7 Brazen). Instead of a tactic skill I could give him ATK smoke which would help to proc Heavy Blade when he dives into a big heap of mean opponents. 

I'm really looking forward to his GHB now. :-) 

On 7/22/2018 at 7:20 AM, Chrom-ulent said:

+Spd -HP Leo - should I try a budget set, or just raise to 40 then fodder QR3?

If Fury is cheap enough for you and you have excess Dew, that would still be pretty good on Leo. If you are saving Distant Def Sacred Seal for someone else, you can give Leo Defense +3 instead.

If you have the resources, I personally prefer Fierce Stance on the A slot and Distant Def on the Sacred Seal slot, along with a [+Atk/Def/Res, -Spd] nature.

On 7/22/2018 at 7:37 AM, twinbladex said:

While I was summoning on the Ylissean Summer Banner, I happened to pull another Deirdre. I’m unsure as to what I should do with her. The first Deirdre’s IVs are [+Speed, -Res] while the second one has [+Res, -Def].

Should I merge them together or inherit her QR3 onto my F!Corrin? Or maybe even inherit Speed Ploy 3?

Not sure if someone answered this yet.

What you want to do depends on your play style and access to resources. I would merge since I can just promote Subaki for Quick Riposte 3 and I am not a huge Ploy person, as I think regular buffs are far easier to use than Ploys.

However, if you are a ploy person, I would prioritize Spd Ploy instead since it is so much rarer. Quick Riposte 2 is just as effective as Quick Riposte 3 in most cases, so unless you are building an Arena team, you do not really need Quick Riposte 3.

On 7/23/2018 at 6:09 AM, Usana said:

I have an unwanted Lene. Merging her doesn't seem like a good idea to me since I rarely use her except for training purposes. So who wants Safeguard? Seth popped into mind, but he probably wants a Slaying or Wo Dao a lot more. Arden could have fun with it. With a Steady Breath and Ignis he wouldn't much feel the loss of a slaying weapon. Don't really want to use Steady on him much though since he has such limited merge potential. It just seems like many swordies would rather have their prf's or Slaying/Wo Dao.

Seth is definitely fine, but you may also want to consider Hinata, since he is sort of like a red Lukas. I recommend consulting the stat chart on the wiki to see what other high Def sword units you have.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:00 PM, Mister Rogers said:

She runs BL+, glimmer, swordbreaker, eventual DB3. Her other set option's gonna be Slaying Lance+Glimmer. 

If you have lots of spare copies of Est lying around, I recommend building two different Ests with two different skill sets so you have an option to choose who you want to use during Arena Assault.

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

As a person who switched from Brave Bow to Firesweep Bow on BH!Lyn, the high Def honestly does not matter. Units with high Def got low Spd and they will die to Luna activation, if not the first round of combat, then the second round of combat.

What does matter is that Brave Bow does not prevent counter attacks, so while BH!Lyn can deal with most Enemy Phase units with Sacae's Blessing once upon a time, the resurgence of dragons and the proliferation of armored mages made Brave Bow unreliable in the higher score ranges.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Does anyone where I can find any guide for "GHB Elite" quest?

PM1 has the guides for the first GHB rotation, the one where the quests are to clear Infernal with an Emlem team: Xander, Lloyd, Ursula, Robin, Navarre, Narcian, and Michalis.

The second rotation doesn’t really need guides because 1) it’s Lunatic instead of Infernal, and 2) you can freely mix-and-match your team because of the blessings.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

PM1 has the guides for the first GHB rotation, the one where the quests are to clear Infernal with an Emlem team: Xander, Lloyd, Ursula, Robin, Navarre, Narcian, and Michalis.

The second rotation doesn’t really need guides because 1) it’s Lunatic instead of Infernal, and 2) you can freely mix-and-match your team because of the blessings.

You know, for a guy that has a beef with me, you've been oddly very helpful.

Either way I couldn't find those videos, so thanks a lot.

Edited by Zangetsu

(presuming you have Wing Sword with the Eff refine because she is a goddess with it)

• Looking to sweep armor/cavalry: Galeforce.
  • Looking to give Caeda sustain: Aether.

Either one would serve nicely in scoring, although I'm pretty okay with her having Luna/Moonbow.

9 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

500SP skill for Caeda: Aether or Galeforce? Standard +Atk -HP IVs.

I prefer Aether for Arena use (I'm assuming higher-level Arena here, in the 720s/730s for point range); the sustain is good, and the extra damage can help her land OHKOs on some Armors she would miss otherwise, especially since they generally have high Def. Note that I use a defense-oriented Caeda (DC/QR) because of Myrrh, Wary Fighter, and the occasional mage armor...but mostly Myrrh (funnily enough, she's also a great teammate for Myrrh).

Admittedly, I haven't tried using Galeforce (she actually has both because I use her for my one-turn content clears), though I imagine she'd play similarly to Brave Roy with it.

...I'm tempted to go test Galeforce in AA now, actually.

It looks like T20 is pretty much 730+ or bust at this point, based on cutoffs. Aether it is. I actually sacked a Mia to Leif for Flashing Blade a while back, and then promoted and sacked a Chrom for Aether, and have great results with him, so Caeda should play similarly.

Aether will especially help with that Fury recoil.

Assuming that Seth will one day have his own weapon what does need to climb tier list? Or specifically what would he need to have to compete with Reinhardt & Ares? Assuming that Gamepress tier list is as legit as they get.

I'm very curious to see how someone like Seth can re-claim his godlike status in Sacred Stones.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Assuming that Seth will one day have his own weapon what does need to climb tier list? Or specifically what would he need to have to compete with Reinhardt & Ares? Assuming that Gamepress tier list is as legit as they get.

I'm very curious to see how someone like Seth can re-claim his godlike status in Sacred Stones.

I would be escastic for something like Tikipop's breath. So Steady Breath effect built in, that would give him an unique niche in the cavalry field and would benefit his stat lay out. So a defense refined one would simply be Steady Breath on a 16mt weapon. The effective refine could maybe steal Yato's effect.(+4 to the stats of his support partner if he is within 2 spaces of them). That or maybe Marth's Falchion effect so that his boost is more general, though smaller. Or maybe a smaller Yato Effect(+3?), but affects both him and his support partner.

However, given what they did with Titania, I could seem them doing the same with Seth except giving him Defense Tactic instead of Resistance Tactic. I will be sad then. Though I suppose giving him a built in tactic as a refine isn't a bad idea, but I don't care for Gem weapons so if his unique is just a 16mt Gem. . . yeah I'll be sad.

14 minutes ago, Usana said:

However, given what they did with Titania, I could seem them doing the same with Seth except giving him Defense Tactic instead of Resistance Tactic. I will be sad then. Though I suppose giving him a built in tactic as a refine isn't a bad idea, but I don't care for Gem weapons so if his unique is just a 16mt Gem. . . yeah I'll be sad.

Oh dear god, I never even touch the Tellius Duology & that's still cruel what they did to her. That was just wrong.

Uhhh, anyways,  why not something like Brazen ATK/DEF?

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Assuming that Seth will one day have his own weapon what does need to climb tier list?

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Assuming that Gamepress tier list is as legit as they get.

Tier lists are pretty subjective. I personally would never rank any melee armor unit over a melee cavalry unit due to their low mobility and low offensive reach.

What he needs depends on how good (or broken) you want him to be.

Or specifically what would he need to have to compete with Reinhardt & Ares?

If you mean the Reinhardt, the one who dominated the meta, the one who gave players night terrors, the Thunder's Fist, Seth will need a range 2 Brave Sword or RauĂ°rblade. If you want him to surpass Reinhardt, give the Weapon an additional ability to be unhindered by trenches and maybe even go through forests. If players thought Reinhardt was bad, wait until they see Seth charge at them unhindered by obstacles.

Fuck yeah I am up for that. Seth sounds hawt as hell, cause he has the same voice actor as Reinhardt. My husbando #2 deserves nothing but the best.

Or specifically what would he need to have to compete with Reinhardt & Ares?

If you want him to hit crazy Player Phase performance ratios in the calculator, I would go with something like Brave Sword with Brash Assault 8.

If you want Weapon that can work either phase like theirs, I would go with something like an effect that gives him an automatic follow-up attack if his Def is higher than the enemy's Res.

Alternatively, his Weapon can deal effective damage against all movement types.

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Uhhh, anyways,  why not something like Brazen ATK/DEF?

I had considered it. But one his stats are middling enough he needs an actual niche. Only mounted Steady Breath unit would be such. And it fits his statline. And for the effect refine I figured I would give him something to help others since as the wiki puts it " Seth is also concerned with the situations of others and watches over the welfare of everyone." So I figured that type of effect would be nice.

Though @XRay 's " an automatic follow-up attack if his Def is higher than the enemy's Res" is an interesting suggestion, though given that a lot of those effects compare like to like it would probably be his defense higher than enemy's defense.

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Though @XRay 's " an automatic follow-up attack if his Def is higher than the enemy's Res" is an interesting suggestion, though given that a lot of those effects compare like to like it would probably be his defense higher than enemy's defense.

I prefer comparing his Def to enemy's Res like Leif's Light Brand, since 32 is not particularly high when you think of the enemies he has to face in Arena.

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

I prefer comparing his Def to enemy's Res like Leif's Light Brand, since 32 is not particularly high when you think of the enemies he has to face in Arena.

Don't get me wrong, that would definitely be better. I just had to bring up that a lot of my x vs your x are like to like. Light brand is your x vs your y and is one of the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that works just so. Though I am just going off of memory. There are lot of skills so I could easily be overlooking some.

Edit- Hah, just had a thought. Seth had really good RES in his game if memory serves, so maybe his sword can let him use his defense stat instead of of his res stat under certain conditions. Maybe your DEF vs RES check. 'If unit's DEF > foe's RES, then unit uses the higher of DEF or RES when determining damage taken'. Not exactly a super useful ability, but would be unique.

Edited by Usana

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally would never rank any melee armor unit over a melee cavalry unit due to their low mobility and low offensive reach.

There are too many maps now where there is just a line of trenches down the middle of the map for melee cavalry to reliably have more reach than infantry and armors. In Arena Assault, you can get around it by using a different team, but in the regular Arena, you're stuck with your melee cavalry on a massively disadvantageous map.

Note that melee cavalry that run enemy-phase builds, like Reinhardt and Ares, are largely unaffected by trenches when doing so.